502 W. Ojai Ave.
Ojai, CA 93023Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.suzannescuisine.com/
- Phone: 8056401961
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Monday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday: 5:30pm - 8:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Closed on Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Suzanne Roll
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Suzanne's Cuisine
Welcome to Suzanne's Cuisine. We offer our contemporary European cuisine lovingly prepared and served in a home and garden setting. Chef/owner Suzanne Roll has created a varied menu that highlights the years that she lived in France along with her Italian-American heritage. Most ingredients are sourced locally and hand-selected by Suzanne. Serving wines from our Wine Spectator Award of Excellence winning list in addition to cocktails from our bar. All desserts are homemade.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Suzanne's Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Ojai ›
Suzanne's Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (56)special occasion (52)great for outdoor dining (45)fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (24)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (16)scenic view (16)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/21/2014FOOD WAS EXCELLENT! GREAT PLACE, GREAT ATMOSPHERE.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in OjaiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014Suzanne's is a must when we are in Ojai. We enjoy the patio that looks out to the garden. The food is always delicious and the wait-staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Try the Pixie Tangerine Cosmopolitan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best in ojaiSlueVIPDined on 5/18/2014We hadn't been to Ojai in 5 years but looked forward to Suzanne's again. The meal was even better than we remembered. Best calves liver and butterfish ever. Perfect service.Special Features:
- Varied menu in an idyllic settingJackNH54VIPDined on 5/14/2014We had an excellent experience here. The menu had so many interesting items it was hard to make a choice. I had the lamb which was superb and my companion had the branzino which was also done very nicely. The garden setting was also very nice. We highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints, Never EverwhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 4/27/2014Our favorite dining in Ojai. We drive up regularly, 50 miles, for a very delicious and very relaxing meal. The owner and staff are gracious, friendly and provide service. The outdoor patio is delightful, casual yet romantic ambiance. A covered patio complete with heaters, fireplace and ceiling fans, whatever the temperature it is always comfortable. The chef is consistent with inventive and delicious fare. Our personal favorite is the Chimmichuri Rib Eye,comes with perfectly roasted potatoes and a cactus side that is unique, flavorful. Great crusty bread to "mop". The blue cheese Caesar is TASTY and large enough for two to "share". They make a special ice cream dessert here that is also large enough to share and SOOOOO worth the calories.Special Features:
- The "It" place in townCocoaMojoVIPDined on 4/18/2014Dined here hoping for a quiet lunch. The menu looked very intriguing, and it's a lovely craftsman bungalow that seemed relaxing. I enjoyed the well-prepared poached salmon was with a wonderful lemon cream sauce and asparagus, tomatoes and cucumber with dill sauce. I loved the duck pate appetizer - quiet sublime and extremely smooth, like a fois gras. Heavenly. I guess it's the hot place in town for groups to gather, as a foursome of ladies three tables away seemed to have an extremely lively conversation - so much so that I just had to move. The place was also packed with a genteel lady's birthday party and couples. Lunch was lovely, just more exuberant than I expected.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed it...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/17/2014Really enjoyed the food...one of the best racks of lamb I have ever had...desserts well worth the wait...Special Features:
- Really exceeded expectations!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/17/2014Beautiful spot on the patio. Large diverse menu with many specials. Very well executed seafood dishes with the bouillabaisse being one of the best I have had. This was really very nice. Wine list is limited (they really ought to go deep into S. Rhone, the Midi, and Campania/Sardinia given the menu) and not a lot of high-end stuff but $20 corkage is pretty cheap. Definately will be back on our next trip down to OVI.Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysDishingOjaiDined on 4/12/2014Funny story: I did a search of my emails to find the Open Table confirmation and saw that it was for 2013, so I called in a panic and, of course, they had the reservation. Turns out it was an email from last year. You see, we go every year for our anniversary. In fact, we tell relatives not to send Christmas gifts - just send gift certificates to Suzanne's so we can splurge on our anniversary. We had a wonderful meal and terrific service (server, water, food runner - all personable and very caring). The rib eye is always delicious and this time it was cooked to the perfect temperature and oh so tender, but a tad over-salted. Wine, pate, ahi and peanut butter torte (complete with painted plate) were all A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere!LakeTahoeGalDined on 4/12/2014Had a great meal Saturday night. The staff did not rush us and the food was well presented and cooked well. The Pixie salad was a treat as well as the chimichurrie rib eye. The steak had great flavor. Would come back again.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014We have eaten at Suzanne's many times, and always enjoyed the experience. This time was different, unfortunately. The meatball sandwich was dry and lacking in flavor. The chicken in the chicken sandwich was very, very thin, and the salad was also lacking in flavor. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- Garden to TableFabianVIPDined on 4/11/2014The farm to table fresh cuisine is fantastic. Our table was at the end of the patio, next to the fireplace as near to the flower garden as you could get a magical evening celebrating my wife's birthday. We had never been to Ojai, but hear about Suzannes's through a friend. The ambiaence is excellent, matching the cuisine. The bleu cheese Ceasar was one of the best my wife has ever had and we just had a tableside Ceasar at Boa's in LA last week!). The Branzino was superb! I had the miso Butterfish topped with caviar that melted in your mouth! Yummy----then to celebrate her Birthday my wife was presnted witha lovely plate of sliced strawberries with a dollup of whied white chocolate mousse---the Garden then became Eden! Service-excellent tooSpecial Features:
- Lunch was delightful! OurSaraVIPDined on 4/5/2014Lunch was delightful! Our food was delicious, and there was great variety to choose from. We had great service too!Special Features:
- A must visit when in Ojai.OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 3/10/2014A must visit when in Ojai. Great food and service. Truly charmingSpecial Features:
- great restaurant in OjairgzspickVIPDined on 3/9/2014If you find yourself near or in Ojai, this is an excellent place for lunch or dinner. Their salads and soups are great, and I particularly like the scallops in a coconut curry sauce for dinner. They make their own delicious sorbets and ice creams, and have a nice variety of other desserts. We usually have excellent service, and would sit in patio if the weather is nice for a garden view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently awesome foodEricCDined on 3/9/2014Suzanne's is a real gem, a charming restaurant with a lovely dining room and very pleasant rear patio, offering absolutely delicious meals at lunch and dinner. The food is absolutely delicious, every time we visit this restaurant. Even the warm bread they bring with the meal is irresistible. They offer a nice variety of dishes. The lunch menu sports mostly salads and sandwiches, all of them special in some way. For example, the home smoked chicken salad with sundried tomatoes and goat cheese (secret: order half smoked chicken, half smoked portabella mushroom) is one of my favorites. The dinner menu offers more entrees. Preparation is classic French cuisine with a California twist (fresh local ingredients). Don't miss the homemade desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistancyFlumppDined on 3/2/2014I've been dining at Suzanne's for over a decade and how they keep up the consistany of the service and food is a mystery to me. The whole menu is great. We had the ruben, fritatta, and duck salad and all were just the same as always. I'd suggest this restaurant for lunch and a nice walk around downtown Ojai for a nice daytrip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suzanne's For LunchSteveVIPDined on 2/16/2014We went here for lunch on a busy Valentine's weekend. The lunch menu had many sandwiches, all good quality, but perhaps lacks a "wow" factor. The side salad was over-dressed and simple. The server was friendly, but seem haggard by a busy weekend. Her assistants saved the day for her, and I have no complaint there. I might come back for dinner on a less bust occasion.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinner for my wife!WestsideRAMDined on 2/8/2014When we arrived at Suzanne's we were seated right away and the staff is excellent. Soon a nearby table of 14 was seated and I could sense that the quiet dinner I had planned was not going to be a possibility unless we moved. I spoke with the manager about the situation and he apologized profusely. Since the restaurant was booked solid this was not going to be easy. The manager started to make numerous calls to confirm the reservations that had not arrived yet. After about 15 minutes they were able to move us to a much better table and we had a wonderful evening! Thank you Suzanne's! Our new favorite Ojai restaurant for fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousYummyDined on 2/8/2014Everything was fantastic! Especially the mushroom soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFoodieinvernessDined on 2/3/2014A little trouble getting the temperature just right outside but the food was excellent. Service could have been more attentiveSpecial Features:
- Excellent getawayboothstarDined on 2/2/2014We drive up to Ojai from Calabasas, over an hour, just for brunch at Suzanne's. It's friendly, the food and service are excellent, and we sit near their garden in the back. It really rejuvenates us and relaxes as well. Really terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We drive from westlake villageFoxieVIPDined on 1/25/2014We drive from westlake village at least once month for the best
- "fresh local" = no organic choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014Anticipating a delicious top quality meal, was very disappointed to learn the only near organic choice (not on the menu) was a filet mignon for $2 more than the conventional one. Organic salad or veggies not to be had, nor any other meat or fowl antibiotic and hormone free. This IS California , right? Butternut soup smoky not ripely sweet. Convenient gluten free menu but same as other, just left off sauces and croutons, no additional items or alternative. So eat your pesticides or don't eat here. The kitchen makes no distinction.Special Features:
- It's a greatSantaBarbaraFanDined on 1/23/2014The menu is large, varied and interesting. We tried 2 different lunch dishes, duck salad and cold poached salmon. Both were good looking and good tasting. The bread was wonderful. Cheesecake dessert was much more than we needed, but also very attractive and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant outdoor in secret gardenKARLGRDined on 1/17/2014Enjoyed lunch in outdoor dining area. Service was very good and selection adequate for any appetite. A little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfyingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/17/2014A special restaurant in Ojai that never fails to satisfy. The lunch menu is creative and appealing, which is the reason my wife and I drove up from Ventura to enjoy both the food and ambience.. We both had the roast beef sandwich on a crispy roll. The ingredients in the sandwich were wonderful and the beef was tender and moist. The accompanying salad was not also fresh and tasty. We both had a glass of local wine that predominate the listing of other offerings. The list is limited but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to Ojai & what a find!IzzyDined on 12/29/2013We travelled from London to California for Christmas and New Year. This was our first visit to Ojai and we found Suzanne's Cuisine! Such a wonderful place, the food, the ambience, the fireplace, the lovely staff and the table setting, everything was perfect! We will definitely return and recommend to friends and family. Thank you for making our visit so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give the roll wines a try.andrewaDined on 12/26/2013Give the roll wines a try. The 04 Shiraz was great!Special Features:
- Tecate2Ojai Post-Christmas FeastTecate2OjaiDined on 12/26/2013Dining spaces were warm and inviting with the holiday spirit. From the moment walked through the door, restaurant staff were attentive and helpful. Our food and drink were well prepared and presented. All of the food served at our table was a sensory feast for all. The butternut squash soup and wild salmon were worth a special mention. A trio of homemade ice creams (our choice: coffee, coconut and banana) reminded us why it is good to celebrate the holidays at Suzanne's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in all waysCulverMomVIPDined on 12/22/2013We came here based on friends' recommendations as well as yelp. We were here a couple of days before Christmas and the decor was enchanting with lots of twinkling lights and a couple of fully-lighted Christmas trees. We were seated in the patio which was fine despite the cold evening since it was protected from the outdoor temperatures using a heavy plastic enclosure so you can still see the lighted gardens, plus there were lots of heat lamps -- might have been even a little too warm. Service was outstanding. Our dishes were beautifully presented and were all delicious. Overall, an enchanting experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of OjaiWineCopDined on 12/22/2013This has become our favorite restaurant whenever we take a drive to Ojai. This evening we had their seared, rare Ahi tuna, which was perfectly prepared with a melt-in-your mouth texture. The wine list had a Laetitia Reserve pinot noir that was a perfect match for the Ahi. A warm chocolate tart with a white coffee sauce finished the very satisfying meal. We sat on the back patio, which is normally our favorite area. But on such a cold night, the ceiling radiant heaters were on strong and became too warm and drying for us. So, we finished our dessert and wine at the bar. The staff was very accommodating to facilitate our move.Special Features:
- we came in to Ojai for a niteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/9/2013we came in to Ojai for a nite getaway, Suzanne"s was a wonderful eating experience.Would come back next time in Ojai. thanks..Special Features:
- Although, my was fabuloousLuv2eatVIPDined on 11/30/2013Although, my was fabuloous I had the salmon and the fig salad with Gorgonzola cheese, my firend had the Lemon grass soup with wontons which he enjoyed, but he did order the pasta with sausage and it was little to be desired!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulPattyDined on 11/22/2013We thoroughly enjoyed the three course tasting menu--the food and wine pairings were spot on! Great innovative dishes, fresh ingredients really made it a special place! Can't wait to be back in Santa Barbara to visit again!Special Features:
- Fantastic Food, Fire & ServiceTravelingdinerVIPDined on 11/4/2013I'm an East Coaster & love food! On each visit to Ojai, Suzanne's is a must! I had not visited the area in 3 years and again chose Suzanne's. So glad I did, and my guest was very pleased, as well, The restaurant is a must when visiting the Ojai area! Remember though, plan your dining knowing Suzanne's is closed on Tuesdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well deserved reputation:tbhslhVIPDined on 11/2/2013Always worth it. Thoughtfully prepared, local fresh produce, wonderful salads (often tastes organic quality: but not advertised as such), French/Italian dishes, nice patio/ambience. not grass fed (beef) and not wild (fish) (at least during our visits).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place for Good MealEater99VIPDined on 10/31/2013We are out of town visitors from SF Bay Area. We dined here after favorable reviews on Yelp and TripAdvisor. Food was just fair compared to SF & LA restaurants, and just ok, but would not return.Special Features:
- Another wonderful birthday dinnerhepburn9Dined on 10/12/2013For two years in a row I've to come to Suzanne's for my birthday. I love to sit in the patio with the lit fireplace. The food never disappoints. This year I had a salad off the specials menu with roasted figs, blue cheese, arugula and avocado, followed by the butterfish. The name says it all, silky and flaky with a tasty ponzu sauce, served with jasmine rice and perfectly crisp-tender veggies. As it was my birthday, they brought a single tall skinny candle (no singing) in my chocolate peanut butter torte...oh my god. Note to self: share the dessert next time as it's quite large and rich. My Mom ordered an incredible sour cherry crisp with vanilla ice cream. The service is friendly and prompt. If you haven't been to Suzanne's, go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was greatphylkayVIPDined on 10/2/2013We have been to this restaurant many times and always enjoy being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.