40 S 19th St
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.suttonsphilly.com/
- Phone: 2158001217x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sean Ciccarone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Piano Tues-Fri 5-7pm. Live Bluegrass Thurs 9pm-12am, Fri/Sat 10pm-1am.
A word from Sutton's Parlor
Gatsby-esque dining with a Contemporary twist on classic American cuisine. Wild Game-heavy bar menu with a Supper Club style dinner service. Fridays and Saturdays dinner seatings at 6pm and 8:30pm only; all centered around a classic cocktail program executed with individuality right down to the hand-chipped ice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sutton's Parlor reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great find!MegDDined on 3/30/2014I loved everything here! The decor (though a little sparse in the back), the bartenders and their made-for-me cocktails, the food, the music. The bartenders are extremely knowledgeable and made me several drinks that were delicious! I would definitely have Grant (I think that is his name) make you a sloe gin fizz and Nick make a blanco tequila aviation. We also had the tasting menu and with several people in our party we were all able to share almost every item on the menu. While I really liked everything, the venison tartar, caesar salad, banana's foster and cherry streusel were big standouts! (We practically licked the plate for the banana's foster). Definitely a must-try place! Great for group with a reservation or perfect date place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Drinks & CuisineMaryPVIPDined on 3/22/2014A unique dining experience. The drinks were out of this world. All types of specialty cocktails created by top notch bar staff. Dinner was superb, they provide tableside service & everything we ordered was above par. The tableside staff was very friendly & we really enjoyed them explaining what they were preparing. We ordered the fixed price 4 course option tableside & it was a fantastic value for what we were served. The only word of advice to someone considering this reataurant would be to check the fixed price menu beforehand and verify what is offered meets their needs. I would absolutely dine here again, the lobster & steak options were delicious.Special Features:
- Sounded interesting online, but no.JenADined on 3/22/2014The menu seemed only to consist of a four course fixed price menu. No ala carte items were offered, other than for happy hour. The food was passable, but four courses is too much. Three is plenty. The portions were good for the money. The drinks were not bad, but were served in a glass with a chunk of hand cut ice that barely left enough room for a shot glassful of a $10 drink. Slick. The company was very good, and I think that we will go elsewhere next time.
- Forced image doesn't work; try barGigiDee12Dined on 3/21/2014We were greeted w/the declaration they were "known for their signature drinks." My drink (Buck Vodka) was not good. It just didn't have a good mix; however, since this was my only drink, I can't speak to their others and there is a good, creative list. My partner had a punch of some sort and enjoyed it. The bar was fairly empty (weeknight); ironically, we had difficulty hearing over the bartender hammering ice. This gimmick doesn't work in such a small place. The food was good; meat was cooked appropriately but not anything stellar and pricey considering the nearby competition. Overall, I suggest checking it out for drinks; they do have a bar menu. They have punch (you can even buy by the bowl).
- While in Philie....JumpingjillDined on 2/15/2014We went to dinner at Sutton Parlor & it was a pleasant surprise, specialty drinks table side food prep with certain dishes, really nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait Until They Get it TogetherBubs1012Dined on 2/15/2014The restaurant recently opened. With that said, they're still working out a lot of kinks in how they operate. I'll say two things that left me a little taken aback. 1) Tableside preparation on certain menu items. 2) Quality of food. Tableside preparations are a wonderful idea if you're doing something simple and unique. Guacamole is common because, hey, it's guacamole, but a tableside Caesar salad is almost unnecessary. They do use it for Bananas Foster, but we weren't able to see it because we arrived a little early and when you're early, you don't get the luxury of tableside prep. The food was ok. Nothing special. I won't return to this restaurant until they get their food game up. Booze was great, but food needs a lot of work.
- so much characterpennies18Dined on 2/14/2014For a small space Sutton's Parlour is packed with character. From the decorations to the table side preparation of classic menu items. This place is not to be missed. The cocktails and signature punches bring excitement to the evening. The servers and bartenders are all very warm and welcoming. Don't miss the Steak Diane, the spinach artichoke dip, or the escargot with marrow butter. Delicious!!!!Special Features:
- The staff was awesome fromSleekandShineDined on 1/31/2014The staff was awesome from the hostess, to the bartenders, waiter and chefs! The food was amazing! I really loved the atmosphere, laid back, comfortable and cozy! The bar was very unique. I loved that they chop the ice for your drink right in front of you. I also love that you can choose your liquor for the drink. Lots of speciality drinks and a great beer menu. The table side dishes were delicious! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Service waslovefoodDined on 1/31/2014Food was great. Service was a little slow, but overall it was good dining experience.Special Features:
- First weekPhoBowlDined on 1/30/2014Went for Restaurant Week. They're clearly working out a few kinks; service was a little slow and they ran out of menu items. I would go back once they've figured out their ideal food and crowd flow. Also, the cocktails were yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a nice little restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2014This is a nice little restaurant. Only thing that messes up the enjoyment is the bartenders beating the bags of ice at the bar. Definitely got old after the 2nd time. The menu is very tasty and the staff went out of their way to make sure we received what we came for. Would definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- more for drinks than foodPiesDined on 1/29/2014Newly opened this place has not worked out the kinks yets. Too much falling on 1 person. If you're going to have tableside cooking you need more than one chef for the entire restaurant when theirs a tableside offering for all 3 courses. Definitely shouldn't have just 2 seatings at 6 & 8:30pm! Of course the bartender and kitchen will not be able to keep up with all the orders being placed simultaneously and each and every table will be waiting on each course:-(
- Nice throwbackRussDined on 1/27/2014Nice quiet place that genuinely feels like an old Western parlorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/26/2014We ate here for restaurant week. Our group was large but the restaurant was empty. My review: Meh.
- excellentiiiiVIPDined on 1/23/2014We hit this place for restaurant week almost by mistake. We were incredibly pleased with the menu they put out. Thad Lamb chops, Lobster, etc. they had several tableside prepared items on the menu as well, we did the bananas fosters for dessert which was excellent. They also have a great drink list with something for everyone. Definitely worth hitting, everything there was beyond what we expected.Special Features: