3885 Cochran St.
Simi Valley, CA 93063Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sutters4dining.com/
- Phone: 8055204797x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
Saturday & Sunday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private Parties from 25 to 60 may reserve our banquet facility Sunday through Thursday evening.
- Private Party Contact: Joe Robinson 8053206675x
A word from Sutter's Mill
Serving the finest in Steaks, Prime Rib & Seafood for over 50 years. Casual dining with a touch of elegance in a rustic steakhouse atmosphere. We feature a full Bar, no corkage fees, reservations and banquet facilities for up to 60 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sutter's Mill reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)special occasion (7)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- We love this restaurantgoodfoodDined on 7/26/2014We do love coming here - always friendly staff - waitress service is excellent, food is consistently wonderful - we do prefer sitting in the comfy booths in the front room, as opposed to the tables in the back room. Love the sand dabs!Special Features:
- DisappointedSimidinerDined on 6/22/2014The restaurant was dark,old feeling. Decor was boring. Food was large portions and not very well presented. My rib eye was very fatty. When my wife got her mashed potatoes they were cold. Her filet was supposed to be medium but was dry. We had never tried the restaurant before. Have lived in the area for 22 years. When we left we agreed we would never come back. Just didn't impress us.
- sutters milljmolesDined on 6/14/2014very good food but they have just priced themselves out of consideration on my dining list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/10/2014Split a top sirloin dinner and they filet the steak prior to cooking - very disappointing - no flavor and rough.
- Satisfied Again!steakmeDined on 6/8/2014Since we discovered this "neighborhood gem" we have planned dinners there for special occasions several times. Good food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteChargersgalDined on 5/23/2014Love the food they have updated their menu. Steaks and blue cheese salad dressing are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jmolesDined on 5/17/2014always a great place for a great meal. the greetings are friendly, servers are friendly, no corkage fee, plenty of food for the price and good bar service.Special Features:
- Sutter's MillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We love Sutter's Mill. Their food is good quality, though the prices keep going up and it's very expensive. Best steaks in town and FABULOUS garlic bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak house moderate price!notjustanotherfoodieDined on 5/10/2014The best is the cheese garlic bread. This is a must have! All the food came out hot and prepared properly. The twice baked potatoes are to die for. Must try this old classic steak house.Special Features:
- The Best Experience EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Not only was the food above all others, the owner is a rare gem! Joe made our visit here the most memorable Mothers Day for me. He sat across from our table talking to other patrons and we all joined in conversation discussing the food and what our favorites were. I have always ordered steak never anything else, well next time it's the burger. Hand made patty, never frozen. Mmmmmm. Our waitress Gabby was on point. Never let a glass get empty, brought me extra pepper corn sauce. She knows it's my FAVORITE! After this wonderful experience we go to leave to find we had licked our keys in the car. Not only did Joe let me use his personal phone to call my insurance company he gave my daughter and I a ride home. While hubby stayed with the truck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 69 reviews are from the Sutter's Mill reviews archive.
- Simi's Surf & Turf1DiningDivaDined on 4/18/2014What a find ! my first time here and the food was great. You must order the bacon-wrapped shrimp. Sandbags were prepared well. Steak, seafood and sides were generous portions and delicious. Our waitress was the best server I have had in a long time. I will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- My family and I have dinedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/10/2014My family and I have dined at Sutter's Mill for 30 years! It is our go to place for Ground Chuck Steak/Australian Lobster split Dinner! Untouchable!! The best anywhere and we dine broadly. Throw in the Peppercorn Sauce, fresh salad with House Dressing, scrumptious Garlic Toast AND Stuff Baked Potato...AWESOME!' Gabby does a great job and we got our favorite booth!! Thanks SM and Open Table for combining to provide us with a great quality and high value dining experience! Russ DavisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived in Simi for years. DrovesteakmeDined on 3/16/2014Lived in Simi for years. Drove by but never stopped in for dinner, glad we finally did. Great friendly service. Food we ordered was very good. We will be having dinner there a lot more often now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014Outstanding service. No sharing charge. Best lobsterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Prime Rib!MattDined on 3/12/2014Our first time there and we were very pleased. The 16oz prime rib was very tasty especially with the fried onion rings cooked on top. It was very thick and more than I could handle so it made for an excellent sandwich the next day. My wife had the salmon which was also delicious. The section we were in was narrow and felt like being on a fancy train in the old western days. We both enjoyed the food, ambiance and our waitress was excellent. So to find out if we were lucky or if they are consistent, we will have to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is a gem.patbonoDined on 3/9/2014This restaurant is a gem. Homemade salad dressing, quality meat and unique recipes. Pirtii s are generous and sharing a plate a wonderful option so one can really enjoy the meal.. we love and can not believe we've lived here 33 years and just found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/1/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. Old school charm with tasty, well prepared food. Something on the menu for everyone. Great for the kids. Our go-to restaurant for family night out. There is no corkage fee which is a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Prime RibkimmicitaDined on 2/15/2014We came to Sutter's Mill after a day at the Reagan Library. I had read that they have no corkage and encourage diners to bring their own wine, so we brought a bottle of wine with us. The food was delicious. We decided to split a 12oz prime rib dinner. There was no plate split fee and they served us each our own 6oz cut of meat. We were able to order an additional side at ala carte price and that came with an extra side salad. The garlic sourdough toast was amazing. Our server was excellent. I would come back here the next time I am in Simi Valley for sure. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time. & pleasedJDubblUDined on 2/8/2014Met with friendly & very able staff. Had XLNT filet mignon. Pleasant ambiance. Large capacity restaurant split into rooms would allow for groups easily. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just The BestMikeDined on 1/11/2014We came back for our third time along with are close friends. I gave them a choice of where to go and they choose Sutters Mill. We just can't get enough. The option to bring our own bottle with no corkage is just another fine thing about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks were terrible.DisappointedDined on 1/11/2014Three of us had the petite rib-eye steaks. One was returned because it was inedible; the management substituted a filet which was barely cooked. The other two steaks were not returned; however, they were clearly not even "Choice" cuts of meat. The waitress did remove the one steak from our bill and charged for the sides which was still a significant amount. We will never return.
- Can't say enough about thisMikeDined on 10/19/2013Can't say enough about this gem, this was our second time and we brought two other couples so they could enjoy this great place. The steak was one of the best and the staff is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service/Food are ExceptionalLarryDined on 9/6/2013Thjis was our first visit. Our waitress, Anna, was fantastic. She was attentive, easy to talk with and explained the options on the menu easily and knowledgeably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the Prime Rib...GaryDined on 8/22/2013All of their varieties of meat are good, but their Prime Rib is exceptional. The stuffed potatoes are also a good choice and when available; yes, have the French Onion soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always solidLADinerVIPDined on 8/17/2013Consistently good food at fair prices. No corkage fee for wine! Been regulars there for years. Gabi is our favorite server, but most of the others are very good too. Nice "old time"/western atmosphere.Special Features:
- it's the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2013So glad we are fortunate enough to have Sutters Mill here in Simi. The food is always fresh and excellent. The service is fantastic,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Am so happy to find this place.rarenightoutDined on 7/27/2013Am so happy to find this place. The food was perfectly great down to every detail - including the salad. The staff were attentive and the atmosphere perfect for a quiet dinner out on a special occasion. The entire family - including a teenager enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2013Our dinning experience was great here. Food was delicious, nice atmosphere, good service, and the special accomodations for my mother's birthday made this special for her. Thank you so much! Definately recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dads dayMommyODined on 6/16/2013We had an enjoyable time with 7 people, a little slow but food was fine for the most part. However, it is hard to get a true feel of a restaurant especially on Fathers day. We will try on an average night to see if will be back. The front seating area looked inviting though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2013We have been to the fantastic brunch at Sutters Mill on quite a few occasions, but this was our first time for dinner, since they moved to Simi valley. What a fantastic pleasure it was. From the minute you enter to the time you leave everyone makes you feel like you are a part of the Sutter Mill family. The food is excellent ,the steak was like butter, and the Sea Bass should not be passed up. It is hard to make a decision when there are so many wonderful choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Fashioned DiningBirddogDined on 5/5/2013Always enjoy our dining experience. Waitresses are helpful, price is moderate and being able to split meals is helpful for those of us who are older and eat less.Special Features:
- We went to Sutter's Mill toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2013We went to Sutter's Mill to celebrate my birthday. The food was great - the service was terrific and it was an all around wonderful experience. We had two 7-year olds with us. They loved the kids' menu - which is real food and plenty of it. This is a terrific place to go for a good steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was just perfect!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Everything was just perfect!! Our servers were right on top of everything, the steak and sides were and always are cooked perfectly! The bartender made our drinks just right, and we had a very memorable dinner.Special Features:
- Always Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/23/2013We came with some friends and their kids from out of town. As always the food was great and we had a very good time.Special Features:
- WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/22/2013WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED. VERY NICE MENU SELECTIONS, FOOD PRESENTATION WAS VERY APPEALING, FOOD TASTED VERY YUMMY, SERVICE WAS QUICK, FRIENDLY AND PROMPT. OUR 1st TIME ALTHOUGH LIVING THERE 5 YEARS. WILL DEFINITELY RETURN TO TRY LUNCH AND BRUNCH. IT WAS VERY NICE PRICE INCLUDED SOUP OR SALAD AND 1 SIDE DISH. TOTALLY LIKED IT AND WILL DEFINITELY RETURN!Special Features:
- Always great food! great primeBrivisionDined on 2/17/2013Always great food! great prime rib super service and family atmosphere! fun place to go with friends...Special Features:
- We went at 3:30pm and eachOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/17/2013We went at 3:30pm and each ordered their popular sirloin steak special. Service was slow, even though they were not crowded. Even if they didn't put our steaks on the grill until after we finished the salads, I can't imagine that a steak takes so long to cook. Oh, the salads. $7 for such salads? They were just a handful of the lettuce/cabbage mix from a costco bag - nothing that should justify a price more than $2-$3. Not even a cherry tomato or tomato slice. The salad dressings were fine, though. The menu states that the entrees are large enough to share. We did not find that to be true. The steaks were not "large"... and the baked potatoes were small. Given the wait for the food we ordered, we had no interest in waiting for
- Australian Lobster..Need I say moreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013We had a lovely experience at Sutter's Mill. We sat at the bar as we arrived earlier than our reservation time and the bartender was nice and friendly. The menu was a true steakhouse menu. The filet and australian lobster tail were prepared as we requested along with delicious sides, the stuffed baked potato and asparagus. Our server was efficient and pleasant. We were served a wonderful complimentary dessert, the chocolate cake, as we were celebrating a birthday. It was a pleasant surprise as it was no ordinary chocolate cake. It was delicious! We will dine there again.Special Features:
- Excellent Steaks and PrimeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/25/2013Excellent Steaks and Prime Rib. The Wine list was limited but a great value. Friendly atmosphere and moderate noise level.Special Features:
- What a find! I didn't knowOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/25/2013What a find! I didn't know about the restaurant until I found it on Opentable. I set up a business lunch and the restaurant management accommodated me for a quiet booth as I requested. The food and service were outstanding during the visit and I would definitely keep it as a favored restaurant for future meetings as well as other opportunities.Special Features: