24 Peck Slip
New York, NY 10038Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.suteishi.com/
- Phone: 2127662344
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Paul Aung Myat Tun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for catering platters - we'll help you impress your guests!
- Cross Street: Front Street
- Public Transit: 2 / 3 to Fulton Street A / C / E to Broadway - Nassau Street 4 / 5 / 6 to Brooklyn Bridge - City Hall Walk down toward the South Street Seaport - We are two blocks north of Fulton Street and two blocks south of the Brooklyn Bridge
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking lot available directly across the street from the restaurant.
A word from SUteiShi
Your "dining fine" experience starts here with the service you deserve along with the finest, freshest Sushi and Asian Tapas.Continued
Excite Your Palette!!
Excite Your Palette!!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SUteiShi reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)special occasion (3)scenic view (3)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- SUTeiShi - Best SushiRonG1007Dined on 9/12/2014Absolutely the best sushi and rolls my wife have ever eaten. Friendly and efficient staff and with the doors open a perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- The best Japanese restaurant !DebD37VIPDined on 8/2/2014I live in the neighborhood and we come here every couple of months..I love it the food is always fantastic, the service a delight we had Nia and she was simply lovely! All in all a another wonderful dinner and evening at SUteiShi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/30/2014I'm not sure why the restaurant is named SUteiShi, but the sushi is good. I especially recommend the fusion nigiri sushi. The specialty rolls aren't as good. Service was excellent, and the local ambience is especially appealing in warm weather.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 157 reviews are from the SUteiShi reviews archive.
- Some unique sushi-style ...5StarTongueDined on 5/8/2014Everything was either up-to-par or beyond. There were 2 dings, however. I was not happy with the 2 sake pairings - my taste buds just couldn't comprehend this information. One was trying to mimic Jagermeister. I did enjoy the one that I personally picked off the menu. The other ding happened during dessert. We decided to order 2 different desserts & share. Unfortunately, she ordered a caramel chocolate cake and was served a very old & dry chocolate macaroon. Apart from these, everything else was enjoyable. The fried bananas were delicious in a tempura-style. The sushi items were either decent or excellent. Japanese love technology and it comes out in the decor. If you visit, definitely try the salmon tartar & the pear ice tea.Special Features:
- Best sushi in FiDiajb219VIPDined on 4/17/2014excellent rolls, reasonably priced for manhattan. If you check in on yelp they'll give you free Sake if you order the shrimp appetizer, do it! It's amazingSpecial Features:
- No bang for the buckEzzyMirDined on 4/16/2014This is your average sushi spot with relatively unaverage price. Normally a sushi lunch with a 1-2 rolls should cost about 20 dollars. The total bill with no alcohol (it was a work day) and only 3 rolls shared between the two of us came out to just over $65.
- Delicious Food In a Great SpotLanafoodieVIPDined on 4/16/2014Loved the sushi here. Its a lot of food (unless you get one of the special rolls) and its all fresh and yummy. A great escape for a lunch in FiDi. I cant wait to come back!Special Features:
- Best Service yet in NYCTinaTDined on 3/26/2014The decor, full window-walls, and service provided a great, trendy environment for lunch. Our waitress was very pleasant; asked the chef to make adjustments (I'm allergic to avocado) and provided service with a smile. This is rare in this city. The sushi was average, but I only had the angelfish roll and edamame, so that is not a fair assessment. The eggplant appetizer was amazing. I would go back again and try some additional rolls!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi is back!TropicalVIPDined on 3/23/2014This small restaurant is a great sushi/sashimi place. It was closed after Sandy for over a year but now is open again. Great food, small space. They have a good selection of food. The wine list is very small but ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly one of the BEST!DebD37VIPDined on 3/22/2014I am so happy this restaurant re opened after Hurricane Sandy..I was there in the fall when the kitchen was not fully opned and having just gone again now that eveything is back in full swing, was truly a delight! the food is nothing short of fantastic....I live in the neighborhood so its mostly locals with a few tourist staying in hotels nearby....if you love Japanese food this place is a must and if you don't live in the neighborhood its certainly worth the trip!Special Features:
- Pleasant sushi experienceNattyDined on 3/8/2014I went to SUteiSHIi recently on a double-date and had a lovely time. The server was very attentive and helpful with making recommendations. The restaurant had some actual elbow room (which is not always a given in NY). The noise-level was comfortable (and the music selection, while odd - 90's alt-rock? - was fun and unexpected). It's the the absolute best sushi I've ever eaten or the least expensive, but it was worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Tasty Fidi Sushi!gobucks000VIPDined on 11/15/2013This place is really good and staff is friendly and knowledgable about everything. I highly recommend it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi downtownRayWVIPDined on 11/9/2013Even with a slightly limited menu post-Sandy, SUteiShi still has the best sushi you'll find downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful discovery! TheBiklesVIPDined on 9/10/2012A wonderful discovery! The food is delicious and fresh and the service attentive. A must if you are in the neighborhood and if not, make the trip - it is worth it!Special Features:
- A must when in downtown!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2012Some of the best cocktails in town pairing delightful fare!Special Features:
- I am very picky about my sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2012I am very picky about my sushi and I have to say, this was some of the best I have ever had and the portions were very generous! Our server was also super nice, young and sweet and he seemed so genuinely happy. The rest of the staff was also very nice and accommodating and were all do pleasant.Special Features:
- Really great, fresh sushi;hflevVIPDined on 7/24/2012Really great, fresh sushi; pretty inside. Cute area under rennovation.Special Features:
- Great for fusion style sushi.VacationerVIPDined on 7/13/2012While they offer standard sushi, we opted for the fusion options. The menu section called Enjoy was fabulous. The yellowtail with jalapeños was one of our favorites. The fusion rolls that we tried were excellent. A bit pricey but what sushi isn't? I would jump at the chance to return.Special Features:
- Still freshest and most creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/13/2012Still freshest and most creative sushi in NYC. Katie is the best server in NYC!!Special Features:
- We discovered this restaurantBiklesVIPDined on 6/28/2012We discovered this restaurant while strolling through the neighborhood, but we would definitely make a special trip to come again. The food was excellent! We loved the crab gyoza and the cod. The waitress and hostess also suggested the octopus salad and red bean fried ice cream, which were great!Special Features:
- Great food and a quiet partOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012Great food and a quiet part of the Seaport - not touristy! Only down side- the soy sauce was a bit too sweet for us. Great, FRESH sushiSpecial Features:
- Really really good sushi.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/4/2012Really really good sushi. Nicely divided menu distinguishes between standards and more innovative things. Atmosphere is perfectly fine--nothing exciting, but perfectly nice and comfortable. This is a place I'll go back to, happily, and feel lucky to have found.Special Features:
- reasonably priced sushi dinner,TlklaVIPDined on 6/4/2012reasonably priced sushi dinner, not hugely impressive, but not bad. easy dinner in the neigbhorhood
- i always love sushi at suteishi.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2012i always love sushi at suteishi. very good brown rice sushi. it's my girlfriends favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- I'm relatively new to sushi,NoNickNameVIPDined on 5/19/2012I'm relatively new to sushi, but my date really likes it, and so we thought we'd try SuteiShi. It was wonderful -- the staff is very friendly and helpful, the rolls (we sampled several) were all excellent (the Jade roll was particularly good), and we had a great time. My sushi expert / date declared it her new favorite place!Special Features:
- Good sushi and inventive specialDCGourmetVIPDined on 5/16/2012Good sushi and inventive special dishes like the tuna ravioli. Service is so-so at best. Very conveniently located right smack in the middle of the South Street Seaport area.
- This smal spot serves veryTropicalVIPDined on 5/13/2012This smal spot serves very good sushi in a great quality. The prices are ok and you get a good price / value. The only thing I was missing is a bigger selection in wine. Very good Japanese beer selection. I'll go again.Special Features:
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2012The service was excellent and the food was great! We ordered the tempura, avocado rolls, chicken with ginger teryaki, and these mushroom beef rolls. There was a large group who was being pretty obnoxious. The waiters were very apologetic and made sure we got a table in the second room. I definitely would go back if I lived in New York.Special Features:
- Simply Divine!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2011Simply fantastic! Everything! And I mean, everything was perfectly delicious. :-) Thank you for following your dream to have the best sushi in ask New York.Special Features:
- God stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2011Loved this place. Waitress was ok, she forgot to give my girlfriend and I menus. The water boy paid more attention to our glasses than the waitress did with us. Overall,the food made up for everything. Must try the fried ice cream.Special Features:
- lovely little place on cobblestonedLrd1VIPDined on 10/15/2011lovely little place on cobblestoned street near Seaport. Service was excellent and very friendly. sushi quality was excellent, as always, though portions definitely small for price. hot appetizers very good as well.Special Features:
- I have never been disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2011I have never been disappointed with the sushi and roll selection. It seems the food continues to get better every time I go.Special Features:
- Fun and in a cool area. IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011Fun and in a cool area. I was a little disappointed with the portion size for one of the four items we ordered (a special). All the food was really good. The bar has limitations, they mostly have beer and sake.Special Features:
- love the quality and tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2011love the quality and taste of the sushi. Good size portions. Very attentive staffSpecial Features:
- This is our favorite spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011This is our favorite spot to celebrate a special occasion. Everything on the menu is delicious! Be sure to swing around the corner to Bin 220 to wash down the great sakatinis served here with a flight of wine.Special Features:
- Easily my favorite sushi placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2011Easily my favorite sushi place in the city. Sure, it's not in the ultra-high-end class of something like Nobu, but then again it costs a lot less too--not that much more than any generic sushi place, but extraordinarily good every time I go. When it's nice out, they have tables outside with a spectacular view of the Brooklyn Bridge--a great place for a date.Special Features:
- Excellent Sushi and LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2011Excellent food and service. We arrived earlier than planned and they seated us right away. In fact, our table was reserved an hour early. Loved the location, especially as a tourist.Special Features:
- Bad service. Food as so expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2011Bad service. Food as so expensive. We felt cheated by the waitress who insisted in make his choice in our own order. When we complaint, the waitress was gone, and the supervisor went one hundred us$ down. But still was too much for the food we got. I expect you dont get cheated, prives are not clear in menu.
- Ate outside, seating was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2011Ate outside, seating was extremely tight, practically on top of people next to us. ALSO - This is pet friendly!! Dogs tied to the tables. Sushi was excellent but place wasn't as nice as pictures.
- Amazing view, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2011Amazing view, great food, nice ambiance and service. You rarely get this much natural daylight in the city and you don't notice how nice it is till you have it. The restaurant was relatively quiet for a Saturday evening. It feels like a well kept secret.Special Features: