Sustenio - Eilan Hotel
17103 La Cantera Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78256Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Sustenio - Eilan Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eilanhotel.com/san-antonio-restaurants.aspx
- Phone: 2105982950x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30AM-10:30AM
Lunch: Daily: 10:30AM - 2:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:30 PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Mike Collins
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Sustenio is available for private events. Please call the Restaurant for details or send an email to our Catering Coordinator, and Erica Camarillo will contact you as soon as possible. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining offered in a variety of settings from 4 to 55 in our VIP dining room, Wine Room and our Cooking Exhibition Dining Room.
- Private Party Contact: Anthony Baerga 2105982950x
A word from Sustenio - Eilan Hotel
San Antonio debut of Celebrity Chef Stephan Pyles, pioneer of New American Cuisine and founding Father of Southwestern Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Sustenio - Eilan Hotel - Best Restaurants in La Cantera ›
Sustenio - Eilan Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (42)notable wine list (34)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (19)great for brunch (14)scenic view (13)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Birthday DinnerJT67Dined on 8/23/2014We were staying at the Eilan Hotel and decided to try out their restaurant while there. I made reservations the day before through their website (super easy). I mentioned that it was my girlfriends birthday and would like a nice table. Well they went above and beyond my expectations! They had placed rose pedals on our table and had champagne waiting for us. They constantly greeted us by name and the manager checked on us several time during and after the meal. The food was fantastic and very nicely plated. I would recommend Sustenio to all my friends or anyone asking where to find a great meal. Thank you for making her birthday so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great food.SunilDined on 8/23/2014Everything about this place is good, just not great. There's something missing, a personal touch on the food, or the service. Seems to lack passion. I'm glad I tried it, but I'm unlikely to go back, unless there was a deal of some sort or something changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- feltedheartVIPDined on 8/20/2014We were impressed with the overall decor of Sustenio- very modern but welcoming. The service was excellent. We came for the restaurant week menu and, while the food was good, we felt that we weren't experiencing the true character of the menu. Very small Caesar salad, steak, and ice cream and berry panna cotta for dessert. Slight glitch in the food was corrected quickly and bill adjusted even though we did not ask for that. We hope to give it another try in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Had a FeelingNoPlasticPeepsAllowedDined on 8/16/2014I booked my annual corp. dinner at Sustenio ~1 month out. I needed a private room. Sustenio is loud, due to the connected bar. I requested a private room on OpenTable. 1 week before I decided to call the restaurant. I'd never received any notice. A prior experience at Sustenio was inadequate, but I'm fair so I took a chance. The lady who answered the phone said we had the Wine Room (truly private). She promised to put a note in the computer: "DO NOT CHANGE ROOM." Upon arrival our room was occupied by obnoxious news folks. The alleged notation was absent. They disrupted our dinner over and over; walked through our room to use the restroom even though it was out the door opposite the one they kept using. I was lied to and not comp'ed for it.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Food was great, decor was great. However dinner took over 3 hours and we had an inattentive waiter
- Birthday CelebrationDaveVIPDined on 8/9/2014We celebrating my birthday at Sustenio and were treated like VIP's - the food was superb and service was outstanding. Great job, SustenioSpecial Features:
- Truly EnjoyableprettytexaslaceDined on 8/8/2014First time to visit Sustenio. Arrived early. Service at the bar was a tad slow since the bartender was making small talk with another associate. She eventually acknowledged us and took our order. Wine list is nothing spectacular, but there's enough variety on the list that everyone can find something. Started dinner with a Caesar Salad and crab cakes. Crab cakes were my favorite. I ordered the shrimp and pasta dish and my date ordered the ribeye. The pasta was quite sticky and the ribeye was over cooked a bit. I have to say that our waitress was absolutely fabulous. Will definately return to Sustenio, but will probably just have Happy Hour drinks and small paltes at the bar next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring back the ceviche!JManVIPDined on 8/6/2014This was my second time dining at this restaurant, and the first time it was absolutely amazing, but much to my disappointment, this time the menu was entirely different. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't what I was expecting. Previously it was so fresh and original, and I had my heart set on trying more of the fabulous ceviches which are now long gone. The ambiance is still great and the service was fine, but nothing about it seemed as unique or special. I guess I was just spoiled and can't understand why they couldn't leave such a good thing alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So many great choicesfoodiecplDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I ended up getting 3 appetizers, shared one entree, and a few drinks. There were still others we will go back to try. Highly recommend the shrimp/calimari and the mussels appetizers. Passion fruit jalapeno marg was very tasty.Special Features:
- Very MediocreNeveragainDined on 7/28/2014My wife and I unfortunately chose Sustenio for our 30th anniversary dinner......overpriced, noisy, but mostly mediocre. You can get better seafood pasta at Red Lobster. My wife's veal t-bone, ordered medium rare, was over-cooked and smothered in a sauce that tasted like vinegar. Not a hint of the morel mushrooms advertised. Wine list selection is long, but poor, and very overpriced. After just spending 2 months on the Mediterranean, these two Texans can attest to this food being neither Mediterranean nor Southwestern. At least it's expensive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Good if staying at the hotel. Convenient and up to par. Would not go out of the way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sustenio in San AntonioGitinnMybellyDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I enjoyed a quiet anniversary dinner here. The food was well prepared and the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Weellllllllll.......IpayyoutofeedmeDined on 7/25/2014Food was unique and tasty. We were really shocked to find that the service wasn't up to the quality of the tab. You don't go spend a hundred bucks on dinner to have to get up and buy your own drinks at the bar because your waiter is essentially ruining date night. Pockets of 10 to 15 minutes between table stop by's. I was most amazed that the waiter brought us the prime rib and the knife provided was duller than a butter knife! How is that even possible? So I watch my wife fight to even get a bite of her food forever before we finally get an opportunity to ask for a better knife. I am talking so dull it wouldn't even cut prime rib?!! We were sad because it was such a cool place and I was trying to take her to a special new place. Last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointmentMRiverVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food was awful. We ordered calamari as an appetizer, but got more crumbs than calamaris. Salmon with pasta was the main dish, but I couldn't eat it, as it wasn't cooked to my expectations. Pasta was full of clumps The server was kind enough to give me an option to have something else, but sadly to say, we had another commitment and couldn't wait any longer at the restaurant . They didn't charge for my food, but this didn't resolve my disappointment nor to think about going back to give them business nor recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Overrateddaisies121VIPDined on 7/24/2014This is your typical hotel restaurant for tourists that don't know better. Overpriced for the average tasting food and spotty service.Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceTexasDined on 7/24/2014This place is trying really hard. Prices are fair. Service was very good. Beautiful space. Extensive wine list and craft cocktails. We were seated next to the bar which was very busy and loud. We asked to be moved to a quieter area which was done without any issues. Charcuterie meat and cheese were excellent. Meat needs to be sliced for easier serving & eating. It was served in one long strip. Plate needs better crackers & pickles. Like the pickles chef Thomas Keller serves. I had the Hanger steak & it was very, very sinewy and inedible. Husband had filet and said it was good but thought the sauce it was served with was overpowering. Bakalava was delicious. Capuccino was excellent. We will be giving this place another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new go to placePinkieSueDined on 7/19/2014Great food, reasonably priced, outstanding service. Very pleased with the whole experience. By the time we left the place was packed. Pasta with shrimp was a nicely done entreeSpecial Features:
- priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014I was actually surprised that it was not terribly expensive. The happy hour wine was good and but it is a bit awkward for two ladies to sit side by side in the small couch and if we sat across from each other...it might have been difficult to talk without raising our voices. Perhaps we the bar would have been better.Special Features:
- Anniversary weekendcocoDined on 7/12/2014From the time we arrived the experience was wonderful. We were greeted by the manager and he welcomed us personally. The wait staff was friendly and knowledgable making great suggestions and being attentive without hovering over us. The decor is lovely and the hotel overall is spotless. The bar is connected to the restaurant but there was not a noise problem. The menu is small but the offerings are really fabulous. If I had to make one suggestion it would be not to grill the veal quite so long. We loved it so much that were trying to think of another occasion or reason to come back as were were enjoying our meal. We will return again soon. Thank you to all the staff at Sustenio for a wonderful 30th anniversary dinner and weekend.Special Features:
- Good place to eatFoodhoundDined on 7/10/2014The parking is inconvenient. The food was good, and moderately creative. The personnel was friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressivebeachmarkDined on 7/7/2014For the money we spent, I expected a much higher level of, well, everything. Although the restaurant was nearly empty, we were seated in a corner. The food was mediocre, and they were out of two of the first three wines we ordered. The server seamed to hover. I will not be back.
- Brunch at SustenioMRiverVIPDined on 6/29/2014Food was good and varied, but only had one salad item. I would suggest to the restaurant to include a variety of salads to the brunch buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Restaurant was beautiful. Food was hit or miss - bread was a little dry, but tasty. The salad was overpriced and lacked flavor though the presentation was nice. My fiance and I both ordered the ribeye steak, which was good but reminded us of home grilled steak marinated in Allegro. My steak was cooked perfectly but his was grossly undercooked though we both requested medium. I would give the restaurant another try, but will likely order something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingNewlyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Expected a more Italian menu - but definitely a Mediterrean driven menu. No true pasta dishes. Ribeye and tenderloin were excellent and proportions generous. Only 4 red wines offered but nice choices. Tried the baklava for dessert with ice cream - wow. Trevor took great care of us and was very knowledge about the menu.
- Good,...expected moreFoodie2014Dined on 6/26/2014Nice atmosphere, great for an anniversary or special occasion. Food was good,...some pairings of sides seemed odd. Overall taste was good,...dessert was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerexpectfinediningDined on 6/25/2014Went out for a nice dinner, dressed up nicely. Food was good, service was good but other diners dressed poorly, shorts and tees, so that detracted from ambiance. Felt cramped into their small dining area...don't know why they didn't use bigger area near sushi bar. Would not recommend for a romantic dinner or special occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, greatt ambianceUncleGrumpDined on 6/24/2014Very unique menu selection with very intersting twists! The ambiance was great . . . perfect for a romantic dinner or a business meeting where conversation is key. Service was warm and very professional. Server knew the menu and was great at making selections. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well balanced menu.signoret76VIPDined on 6/22/2014The charcuterie and small plates are varied and well made. The main courses are well presented and cooked. Always a great place for a nice time.Special Features:
- Good food and nice service.KCtxdiner123Dined on 6/20/2014The server was nice. The food was good. The steak was well seasoned and cooked perfectly. The pasta was fair but the scallops were delicious! It was very quiet and a nice place for a romantic evening. We will go back...the hotel was lovely!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary PlaceHeatherDined on 6/20/2014Food, service and atmosphere were wonderful. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Pricey but SolidKBMcDined on 6/13/2014We heard great things about this (relatively) new restaurant and had high expectations. The food was very good and price appropriate. The menu is interesting (all sytles of Mediterranean) and may be difficult to navigate for those not familiar with the ethnic foods of that region. They have a separate "southern Italian" menu that is a good fall-back. I rated the service relatively lower as my waitress twice messed up my wine order. She took too long to bring it and then when she did, brought the wrong wine. But to her credit, she eventually brought the correct wine and comped both plus a dessert. Interestingly, the fire alarm went off while we were dining and all patrons had to go outside. However, the staff handled the situation well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- only one thing.....ChrisDined on 6/13/2014If it had not been the main part of my order, I would overlook.....but the ribeye steak was not top quality...much gristle and sinew. Thank you for asking for my input.Special Features:
- SustenioMRiverVIPDined on 6/13/2014Elegant dining experience. Food was good and generous portions. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Sustenio diningGenevois2Dined on 5/31/2014The hotel and decor are beautiful, service excellent, our appetizer was outstanding, (fried Tuscan calamari and shrimp) while the entrees were not at the same level of excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner mealSAMMDined on 5/29/2014Disappointed with food entrees and selection. I had the swordfish which was just ok and not very good for $19.00, the risotto with squid ink was not tasty to me so just left it. Portions were small. The other plate was beef tenderloin which was served under cooked and had to be sent back. Ordered it medium well and was served medium, more on the red side. Dessert was the best part of meal. Ate dinner at 6pm and only had one other couple at table till we left at 7:30pm, not very busy at all. $65 later and it was all over. Will not return again.
- Memorable LunchDLKennel1962Dined on 5/26/2014This is an excellent spot for a lunch! There were some excellent choices on the lunch menu. The half sandwich and half soup was the perfect combination.Special Features:
- Awesome Birthday CelebrationDLKennel1962Dined on 5/25/2014I recently had my birthday celebration at Sustenio's and had one of the best meals1 From the moment we walked in the door the wait staff was friendly and professional. They were very informative and thorough when explaining our dining choices. Since this was a birthday celebration the chef prepared a special dessert made especially for me! We will be returning in the near future to experience further dining events. They have been awarded the AAA Four Diamond rating over the past three years that they have been open! Excellent food and excellent service!Special Features:
- Would not recommend.BirddogDined on 5/24/2014First time, party of four. Sat across from the open grill area, conversation difficult. Stuffed squash blossoms no longer available, Jamon Iberico very dry. White bean soup, good. Buffalo burrata not noteworthy. Four entrees: Lamb & Swordfish okay, black rice heavy, Salmon and Scallop cold, returned. Employee apologized - complimentary Wagyua Bresaola and Artisinal Pepperoni. Wagyau overly dry. Scallop plate puree indistinguishable, gnocchi hard and dry, not eaten. Replaced Salmon was raw, no replacement entree was considered. Cappuccino good, fig butter tart, dry with extremely hard figs, very little Anglaise or candied herbs present. Final bill was adjusted to reflect no charge for the Salmon dish.
- WineloverWineloverVIPDined on 5/23/2014Both the hostess and our server were pleasant and accommodating. The food was outstanding. Would highly recommend the Branzino! Nice selection of wine and beverages. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- A Premeditated GemPickyNotFussyDined on 5/16/2014In a practice of brevity, Sustenio was wonderful. The dark, quiet atmosphere pairs perfectly with any romantic occasion. The wine list is very, very dense, with a vast selection of foreign and domestic superstars (though most of the Red Zins were new faces for me). The Bar's Manhattan is honestly one of the best I've had (if not the best). It isn't for the palate that enjoys just straight bourbon (but if that's you, just get a good bourbon neat or straight up), as it includes more than just the bitters and vermouth--and I'm a sucker for luxardo maraschino cherries. Plain and simple, the menu is obviously the result of thorough contemplation of the chef's strengths and the overall sustainable foods and farmers goal. EAT. THE. SCALLOPS!Special Features: