Sustenio - Eilan Hotel
17103 La Cantera Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78256Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Sustenio - Eilan Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eilanhotel.com/san-antonio-restaurants.aspx
- Phone: (210) 598-2950
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30AM-10:30AM
Lunch: Daily: 10:30AM - 2:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:30 PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Mike Collins
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Sustenio is available for private events. Please call the Restaurant for details or send an email to our Catering Coordinator, and Erica Camarillo will contact you as soon as possible. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining offered in a variety of settings from 4 to 55 in our VIP dining room, Wine Room and our Cooking Exhibition Dining Room.
- Private Party Contact: Erica Camarillo 2105982938x
A word from Sustenio - Eilan Hotel
San Antonio debut of Celebrity Chef Stephan Pyles, pioneer of New American Cuisine and founding Father of Southwestern Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Sustenio - Eilan Hotel - Best Restaurants in La Cantera ›
Sustenio - Eilan Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)romantic (35)notable wine list (30)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (26)great for brunch (11)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- FoodieDined on 11/14/20141.st. The person that delivers the bread to the tables needs lots of work on his social skills. Friendliness must is expected in restaurants of this category. 2nd, When we got our appetizers (raw oysters) and plates or silverware to eat oysters. May seem small details but these are issues that can be fixed by educating the servers.Special Features:
- Fantastic experience!funfoodieDined on 11/9/2014We enjoyed the brunch buffet at Sustenio this past Sunday and had a fantastic experience. The food was excellent and the service was impeccable. There was a delicious selection of savory and sweet items, plus a carving station for prime rib. The make-your-own Bloody Mary bar was also a nice touch. Thanks to the beautiful weather, we were able to dine on the outdoors terrace which just made the morning even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent on all CountsCorkSanAntonioVIPDined on 11/3/2014We thoroghly enjoyed our dinner at Sustenio. Set in a gorgeous hotel it is beautiful and quiet. The perfect date night place. The food was outstanding. Some of the best we have had in San Antonio. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- A Perfect Fall Harvest DinnerDoloresDined on 10/18/2014Wish we could do this one again - it couldn't have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!DoloresDined on 10/17/2014This is a beautiful restaurant with great food & excellent service. Five of us had different dishes & everything tasted fantastic.Special Features:
- Superb Special OccasionJIMRLGDined on 10/10/2014The restaurant staff was phenomenal.. Attention to details to my special occasion made a huge difference. The quality of our meal extraordinary...everything I can mention is that we both had the greatest time... My absolute respect for your dedication to go above and beyond... Thanks once again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing time at SustenioMistoffoleVIPDined on 10/5/2014Went for or anniversary and it was perfect. From te table with the rose petals to the sparkling wine, charcuterie, salad, pasta, entree, and dessert. It was perfect. We shared every course and had a nice bottle of Zin. Definitely go. We will again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okMattDined on 10/4/2014Food was good, not great. Service was ok not good. Nothing really bad about it, just nothing really great about it either - and I'm not a food snob or anything. There are plenty of other great places around town in the same price range where the food and service is better. The one thing that did stand out was the bartenders - service was great. If I go back Id probably just go for a drink and appetizer and sit at the bar vs full dinner.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience!firstimeDined on 10/3/2014I have been trying many opentable dinning/restaurants in the San Antonio for the last two years and I find Sustenio above the average. It is worth a visit. The service was excellent, the food was notably delicious and appetizing, the atmosphere is perfect for couples or family gathering. The front desk receptionist Bree was very warming and professional. The only problem we encountered was the restaurant was located in the Eilan Hotel which is populated with valet parkings vs customer self parking which is a longer walk. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Pretty nice lunch experience.Dougle07Dined on 9/26/2014I set up a reservation for two at 1:30 pm, and got there a bit early but the staff didn't mind at all and promptly seated us. It wasn't as expinsive as I was thinking it was going to be and the food was very good. Service was attentive. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality dining experiencebigbadbedDined on 9/22/2014First time here. Met my expectations...& more. Great service, great food...& at a reasonably surprising affordable price for a place like this in this location. Will definitely return. The rib eye steak was exceptional. It was a very enjoyable dining experience. Went in about 6:15pm & it was very quiet with a medium sized crowd; but later, a hotel convention group entered & it got real lively. lolSpecial Features:
- great food poor svcjshuVIPDined on 9/19/2014Food and atmosphere + bar were great and live up to Stephan Pyle restaurant standards. Service though was mediocre. Recognizing higher end restaurants are not on every corner in SA, they should try and find seasoned servers or polished servers...or bring in a consultant to train a few times...it isn't Chilis. Would go back and give it a try as maybe an off night..but from other comments seems like it is an issue that should be addressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at SusteniononeDined on 9/19/2014The service was great….attentive but not intrusive. Food was incredible! Loved everything about it!! They provided complimentary champagne and dessert for our celebration! Nice Touch! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- SustenioMRiverVIPDined on 9/19/2014Food was good and well presented. We were celebrating my husband's birthday and they gave him a dessert for free. That was nice of the Administration. Server was good.Special Features:
- Jewelcpp47Dined on 9/16/2014Elegant dining in a lovely setting. Exquisite food in a luxurious setting.Special Features:
- Awesome dinninghuskyfanDined on 8/30/2014High end food, great unique food options. Fun to watch into the kitchen as they cook the meals. Exceptional food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a shotTexanSeeksFoodDined on 8/30/2014The location makes you wonder. It's a white elephant development, to be sure. What's up with the rusty train tracks? But the restaurant itself is a pleasant surprise. Very modern and sophisticated, and on a Saturday night there was lots of energy in the room. The service was friendly and almost impeccable. The only (?) disappointment was the food. Great menu, interesting specials, but spotty execution. The food doesn't feel like a thoughtful, experienced hand put it together. Salad dressing too heavy, no salt on the fried seafood app, steak overdone. Nothing disastrous, and we'll probably try it again. But they need to get the details just a bit more refined to earn a star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SustenioMRiverVIPDined on 8/24/2014Brunch was good. Food was cooked to perfection. Server was great!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerJT67Dined on 8/23/2014We were staying at the Eilan Hotel and decided to try out their restaurant while there. I made reservations the day before through their website (super easy). I mentioned that it was my girlfriends birthday and would like a nice table. Well they went above and beyond my expectations! They had placed rose pedals on our table and had champagne waiting for us. They constantly greeted us by name and the manager checked on us several time during and after the meal. The food was fantastic and very nicely plated. I would recommend Sustenio to all my friends or anyone asking where to find a great meal. Thank you for making her birthday so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great food.SunilDined on 8/23/2014Everything about this place is good, just not great. There's something missing, a personal touch on the food, or the service. Seems to lack passion. I'm glad I tried it, but I'm unlikely to go back, unless there was a deal of some sort or something changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- feltedheartVIPDined on 8/20/2014We were impressed with the overall decor of Sustenio- very modern but welcoming. The service was excellent. We came for the restaurant week menu and, while the food was good, we felt that we weren't experiencing the true character of the menu. Very small Caesar salad, steak, and ice cream and berry panna cotta for dessert. Slight glitch in the food was corrected quickly and bill adjusted even though we did not ask for that. We hope to give it another try in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Had a FeelingNoPlasticPeepsAllowedDined on 8/16/2014I booked my annual corp. dinner at Sustenio ~1 month out. I needed a private room. Sustenio is loud, due to the connected bar. I requested a private room on OpenTable. 1 week before I decided to call the restaurant. I'd never received any notice. A prior experience at Sustenio was inadequate, but I'm fair so I took a chance. The lady who answered the phone said we had the Wine Room (truly private). She promised to put a note in the computer: "DO NOT CHANGE ROOM." Upon arrival our room was occupied by obnoxious news folks. The alleged notation was absent. They disrupted our dinner over and over; walked through our room to use the restroom even though it was out the door opposite the one they kept using. I was lied to and not comp'ed for it.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Food was great, decor was great. However dinner took over 3 hours and we had an inattentive waiter
- Birthday CelebrationDaveVIPDined on 8/9/2014We celebrating my birthday at Sustenio and were treated like VIP's - the food was superb and service was outstanding. Great job, SustenioSpecial Features:
- Truly EnjoyableprettytexaslaceDined on 8/8/2014First time to visit Sustenio. Arrived early. Service at the bar was a tad slow since the bartender was making small talk with another associate. She eventually acknowledged us and took our order. Wine list is nothing spectacular, but there's enough variety on the list that everyone can find something. Started dinner with a Caesar Salad and crab cakes. Crab cakes were my favorite. I ordered the shrimp and pasta dish and my date ordered the ribeye. The pasta was quite sticky and the ribeye was over cooked a bit. I have to say that our waitress was absolutely fabulous. Will definately return to Sustenio, but will probably just have Happy Hour drinks and small paltes at the bar next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring back the ceviche!JManVIPDined on 8/6/2014This was my second time dining at this restaurant, and the first time it was absolutely amazing, but much to my disappointment, this time the menu was entirely different. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't what I was expecting. Previously it was so fresh and original, and I had my heart set on trying more of the fabulous ceviches which are now long gone. The ambiance is still great and the service was fine, but nothing about it seemed as unique or special. I guess I was just spoiled and can't understand why they couldn't leave such a good thing alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So many great choicesfoodiecplDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I ended up getting 3 appetizers, shared one entree, and a few drinks. There were still others we will go back to try. Highly recommend the shrimp/calimari and the mussels appetizers. Passion fruit jalapeno marg was very tasty.Special Features:
- Very MediocreNeveragainDined on 7/28/2014My wife and I unfortunately chose Sustenio for our 30th anniversary dinner......overpriced, noisy, but mostly mediocre. You can get better seafood pasta at Red Lobster. My wife's veal t-bone, ordered medium rare, was over-cooked and smothered in a sauce that tasted like vinegar. Not a hint of the morel mushrooms advertised. Wine list selection is long, but poor, and very overpriced. After just spending 2 months on the Mediterranean, these two Texans can attest to this food being neither Mediterranean nor Southwestern. At least it's expensive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Good if staying at the hotel. Convenient and up to par. Would not go out of the way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sustenio in San AntonioGitinnMybellyDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I enjoyed a quiet anniversary dinner here. The food was well prepared and the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Weellllllllll.......IpayyoutofeedmeDined on 7/25/2014Food was unique and tasty. We were really shocked to find that the service wasn't up to the quality of the tab. You don't go spend a hundred bucks on dinner to have to get up and buy your own drinks at the bar because your waiter is essentially ruining date night. Pockets of 10 to 15 minutes between table stop by's. I was most amazed that the waiter brought us the prime rib and the knife provided was duller than a butter knife! How is that even possible? So I watch my wife fight to even get a bite of her food forever before we finally get an opportunity to ask for a better knife. I am talking so dull it wouldn't even cut prime rib?!! We were sad because it was such a cool place and I was trying to take her to a special new place. Last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 216 reviews are from the Sustenio - Eilan Hotel reviews archive.
- DissapointmentMRiverVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food was awful. We ordered calamari as an appetizer, but got more crumbs than calamaris. Salmon with pasta was the main dish, but I couldn't eat it, as it wasn't cooked to my expectations. Pasta was full of clumps The server was kind enough to give me an option to have something else, but sadly to say, we had another commitment and couldn't wait any longer at the restaurant . They didn't charge for my food, but this didn't resolve my disappointment nor to think about going back to give them business nor recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Overrateddaisies121VIPDined on 7/24/2014This is your typical hotel restaurant for tourists that don't know better. Overpriced for the average tasting food and spotty service.Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceTexasDined on 7/24/2014This place is trying really hard. Prices are fair. Service was very good. Beautiful space. Extensive wine list and craft cocktails. We were seated next to the bar which was very busy and loud. We asked to be moved to a quieter area which was done without any issues. Charcuterie meat and cheese were excellent. Meat needs to be sliced for easier serving & eating. It was served in one long strip. Plate needs better crackers & pickles. Like the pickles chef Thomas Keller serves. I had the Hanger steak & it was very, very sinewy and inedible. Husband had filet and said it was good but thought the sauce it was served with was overpowering. Bakalava was delicious. Capuccino was excellent. We will be giving this place another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new go to placePinkieSueDined on 7/19/2014Great food, reasonably priced, outstanding service. Very pleased with the whole experience. By the time we left the place was packed. Pasta with shrimp was a nicely done entreeSpecial Features:
- priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014I was actually surprised that it was not terribly expensive. The happy hour wine was good and but it is a bit awkward for two ladies to sit side by side in the small couch and if we sat across from each other...it might have been difficult to talk without raising our voices. Perhaps we the bar would have been better.Special Features:
- Anniversary weekendcocoDined on 7/12/2014From the time we arrived the experience was wonderful. We were greeted by the manager and he welcomed us personally. The wait staff was friendly and knowledgable making great suggestions and being attentive without hovering over us. The decor is lovely and the hotel overall is spotless. The bar is connected to the restaurant but there was not a noise problem. The menu is small but the offerings are really fabulous. If I had to make one suggestion it would be not to grill the veal quite so long. We loved it so much that were trying to think of another occasion or reason to come back as were were enjoying our meal. We will return again soon. Thank you to all the staff at Sustenio for a wonderful 30th anniversary dinner and weekend.Special Features:
- Good place to eatFoodhoundDined on 7/10/2014The parking is inconvenient. The food was good, and moderately creative. The personnel was friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressivebeachmarkDined on 7/7/2014For the money we spent, I expected a much higher level of, well, everything. Although the restaurant was nearly empty, we were seated in a corner. The food was mediocre, and they were out of two of the first three wines we ordered. The server seamed to hover. I will not be back.
- Brunch at SustenioMRiverVIPDined on 6/29/2014Food was good and varied, but only had one salad item. I would suggest to the restaurant to include a variety of salads to the brunch buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.