SUSHISAMBA NYC West Village
87 7th Avenue South
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
SUSHISAMBA NYC West Village
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sushisamba.com/
- Phone: 2126917885x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:45am - 12:00am; Tuesday and Wednesday: 11:45am - 1:00am; Thursday: 11:45am - 1:00am; Friday and Saturday: 11:45am - 2:00am; Sunday: 11:30am - 12:00am; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, South American, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Pedro Duarte
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties for all occasions and events for up to 250 people. Our year round rooftop lounge is ideal for dinners or cocktail receptions up to 125 guests.
Banquet Facilities: From our intimate enclosed rooftop (open year round) to our spacious and colorful dining room, we can accommodate all of your private party needs.
- Private Party Contact: Please contact Restaurant Manager 2126917885x
- Entertainment: DJs Thursday-Saturday
- Special Events:
SUSHI & SAKE 101
Sample a variety of sakes, edamame, tempura, sashimi and sushi while learning the history of sushi and sake from industry experts. Classes are held on the first and third Tuesday of every month from 7pm-9pm!
Join us every Saturday and Sunday from 11:30am - 4pm and enjoy our sweet and savory brunch menu, unlimited Prosecco, signature cocktails and more!
Pair our premium Japanese Wagyu served on a sizzling hot stone with our signature sauces and selection of fresh vegetables with your choice of a complimentary bottle of select sake or red wine. To sweeten the deal, we’ll treat you to a bowl of our refreshing green tea ice cream.
A word from SUSHISAMBA NYC West Village
Only at SUSHISAMBA will you find a unique blend of Japanese, Brazilian and Peruvian cuisine, music and design. Hearty moquecas and colorful seviches are served alongside more inventive dishes, including Tuna Tataki and Wagyu Gyoza. Complementing the menu are signature cocktails made with exotic spirits such as shochu and cachaça and an acclaimed sake list, as well as wine, beer and champagne. Equal parts imagination and history, the SUSHISAMBA experience is truly unique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SUSHISAMBA NYC West Village reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (77)good for groups (70)great for outdoor dining (59)hot spot (59)special occasion (46)neighborhood gem (40)late-night find (36)vibrant bar scene (29)romantic (26)great for lunch (25)great for brunch (12)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Always greatRdub208VIPDined on 10/16/2014Been coming for many years Love it here Great sambatinisSpecial Features:
- Emilex67Dined on 10/12/2014We had to wait about 20 minutes even with a reservation, so that was kind of annoying. I think they might have given our table away. However, they made up for it by giving us free drinks and free appetizers and our waitress was very helpful and patient with our large group.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fav nyc place!AlissaMarieDined on 10/11/2014Sushi samba is always my number one place to come to when I come into the city. It's perfect for a double date or a group of friends. The food is always amazing and everyone there is always so friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014We waited over 40 minutes for our 9pm reservation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a charmJessnycDined on 10/11/2014I've been dinning at Sushi Samba for years, usually at the park avenue location. Since that had closed down I decided to give the west village a try. Love the music and the atmosphere, but it is a bit loud. Better for a girls night out than a romantic dinner. The menu has been updated, which is nice however I stuck to my favorite samba rolls and antichuvos. Overall great food, the menu had a lot going on which could be a positive or a negative. I finally tried the samba juice, which was amazing, will certainly drink that against during my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyMikeandMonicaDined on 10/11/2014Food, ambience and service was amazing! We would definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi!XxxxDined on 10/11/2014The sushi is delicious with a twist from your typical sushi. Delicious, and the Nashi cocktail was by far THE BEST cocktail I've ever had! Service was excellent. We sat upstairs and were glad we did as it was VERY busy and crowded downstairs, especially at the bar, when we left.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite for over a decadePassportTDined on 10/10/2014Sushi Samba is delicious. Any and everything I've ever ordered, including drinks, have been Amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome patioFullClipDined on 10/3/2014The downstairs portion of the restaurant is very typical. There are some big "community" tables where you can sit with random people. The second floor is awesome. Quiet small tables and a patio that overlooks the busy street. Highly recommended for date nights and small groups od friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Recommend.WillVisitAgainDined on 10/3/2014I don't have any additional comments. The options you provided above suits my opinion very well, but since you insist. No place is perfect. It is a bit pricy. Red at the bar is over the top and alarming. A wider selection of vodka (Tito Vodka specifically) would go along way. I understand the significance of the red but I'm just say-in. I thought the having one TV with Asian cinema and the other Latin is awsome. The music was nice. The seats were confortable. The wait staff didn't quit have it all together. They brought me someone else's order. I got the special, it was tasty but way more than mouthful, than i could appreciate. I was able to get parking in front when i drove up. This is always a luxury plus in New York City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud!GrilznightDined on 9/27/2014Says it all. Great food and service. Could barely hear myself think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014Food was great! Waiter was too serious. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.Nionene69Dined on 9/14/2014Everything was perfect! The service was superb and the location perfect. I Met my sweetheart there on our 1st date last July so we went there to reminisce about our date. Was just as good as the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I ate here before going to a concert at MSG. Very nice ambiance! Our server was great, she made excellent suggestions for both food and drinks. Our sushi was delicious, fish was fresh! We didn't have to wait long for any of our courses or drinks. From the moment we walked in the staff was attentive to all our needs. Sushisamba is conveniently located a short walk from the 1 train at Chambers St. station. I highly recommend this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!JustGeorgeDined on 9/11/2014We had a group if 8 for a loud over the top business dinner and had an amazing time!! It cost about half what I expected to pay, so the biss was happy too:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Varied menu options, nice place, great service. A very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itYummy17Dined on 9/8/2014Delicious food, great service. Highly recommend it to anyone. Wagyu gyoza is a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fusion of food cultures!thegangof4VIPDined on 9/7/2014We sat in a booth downstairs because the upstairs was closed. The food was exceptionally creative! The sushi roll wrapped in beef was delicious as was the foie gras slider though prices are high. The smores' dessert was one of the best presentations I've seen and worth it!Special Features:
- JacquiejacquieVIPDined on 9/3/2014The food was terrible, and so was the service. Our server forgot our order on top of it. It's not at all what it used to be. I'll never go back.
- I Love This Place!Eliana20Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I found the Chicago restaurant 4 years ago, and we weren't able to let it go even when we came back to NY. The food is amazing, the cocktails are great, and we love the ambience a lot. We usually like to bring our visiting guests here, and they are always pleasantly surprised by the food and the overall atmosphere. Great place!Special Features:
- Chic scene ... "Chiquito" portionsPriscillaDined on 8/29/2014Service, ambiance, decor , cocktails (watermelon baja and lemon samurai) are all amazing. The food had an amazing presentation and an even better taste... Just tiny portions. Too expensive considering the portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and chefVivianVIPDined on 8/24/2014Chef Lin is prefect and made the rolls creative thank you'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I strongly recommend the tasting menue for all newcomers. We tried so many things we would not have ordered. Absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!AnnaBananaDined on 8/23/2014I have been to SushiSamba many times and honestly they have never disappointed. The food is always phenomenal and the staff is friendly and obliging. This last visit my boyfriend lost his wallet at some point while we were waiting for our table, and both our waitress and the manager were very helpful to us. They even gave us a free appetizer. As we were leaving the restaurant we found out from the hostesses that they had found his wallet! All in all a fantastic experience. I highly recommend this place for anything from a girl's night, to a family dinner, to a romantic evening out, to a birthday dinner with a large group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and exotic !FrenchieNYCDined on 8/22/2014Discovered Sushisamba in London, at the top of the Heron tower... amazing view and food. Tried it out in NYC and wasn't disappointed. The food is excellent. Basically it's a mix between Japanese and Brazilian food. The suhis are amazing, the beef is to die for. They also have very nice cocktails. I can only recommend to go. It's neither cheap nor expensive... for the quality, I was happy to pay!Special Features:
- DelusionValeottoDined on 8/22/2014Restaurant decadent , food poor , what a delusion. Never come again .
- Good food. Bad service.IlovenewyorkgirlDined on 8/21/2014Came here for my boyfriends birthday for a party of 6 on a Thursday night. The waiter came over and asked if we wanted water so we said yes. This took about 15 minutes. After this we did not see out waiter for a good half hour. Once we finally did order drink, it took another half hour, and then we were finally able to order our food. The food was great, we were all just very disappointed with the service. The server was well aware of this, and he did not acknowledge it at all -not even a quick sorry for the delay. It seemed as though the manager brought over our drinks.. Again not even a sorry. Good food sushisamba, but the customer service was really slacking. There are plenty of other places in the city with good food and good service.Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprising mix!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014A great mix of South American flavours with Japanese makes fora surprisingly well balanced delicious exciting meal. Service was fantastic. Just make sure that you leave room for dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantSushiholic777Dined on 8/17/2014I simply love this place. I can never get enough! I try to go at least once a week and I am never disappointed. The food is exquisite, the service is friendly and very pleasant and I like sitting outside.Special Features:
- Loved Sushi Samba!Saross86Dined on 8/15/2014We went for restaurant week and were not disappointed by the food! We started with the cocktail tree (there was a large group of us) and had fantastic cocktails! The food that followed was delicious, very innovative sushi rolls and the skirt steak i ordered was cooked perfectly medium rare! The service dropped off at the end and it took forever for us to pay and move on to the next place, but that was a small hiccup in an overall fantastic meal.Special Features:
- SoHo Gem!CharliAmourDined on 8/14/2014My friend and I ate here during NY Restaurant Week and it was amazing!! I was very impressed with menu offering and things were cooked to perfection. Who knew Brazilian, Peruvian and Japanese food made such a great combo?! And the highlight of our meal was definitely dessert - it was a Chocolate Banana cake with vanilla rum ice cream, garnished with an agave syrup and Plantain crisp. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014My partner and I decided to give this spot a try on the strength of someone's suggestion for restaurant week. The overall experience was very positive: the food tasted great - especially the salt + pepper squid, ceviche, rock fish, and chocolate banana cake - and the server, Bo, was both professional and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014A pleasant evening with family. Space offered was tight but they accommodated happily to a different table...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously uniqueKarmaDined on 8/12/2014Just celebrated a very memorable birthday at sushi samba in the west village with sons and had a wonderful evening! Once again sushi samba doesn't disappoint! The service was excellent and the food outstanding! We enjoyed some delicious signature cocktails and dishes. Recommend the refreshing Samba juice cocktail and Our family favorite appetizer Sawagani flashed fried mini Japanese river crabs! Being able to take advantage of nyc restaurant week and the pre fix menu made it even more inviting & affordable! Totally plan to return for samba hour next visit with girl friends!Special Features:
- Always busy, quite the guarantee!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Always busy, regardless the night and period of the year. A testament to the great atmosphere, varied menu and great food. Many creative rolls combine meat with fish and spices from for this fusion of Brazilian and Japanese cousineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, innovative food-bad musicBarbaraDined on 8/11/2014The food is so well prepared and creative and innovative we kept ordering more of their small plates of goodies - and then stayed for dessert. The Rock Shrimp Tempura were so savory/crispy/satisfying that we had two plates. This, despite the fact that we could not hear ourselves think, much less our companions. Yelling over music is not my idea of relaxed dinning! What ever happened to great food AND great conversation?Special Features:
- Very Interesting PlaceBreadofLifeDined on 8/10/2014My Fiancee and I went to SUSHISAMBA during Restaurant Week. We decided to eat inside and were seated at a small table, a little too close to our neighboring tables. We didn't like this very much. The decor was very nice. For appetizers, we had ceviche & fried octopus. Both were excellent. She also had a bowl of miso soup, which was ok. Our main course consisted of chimichurri steak with potatoes huancaina & an assortment plate of sushi. Both were phenomenal! The sushi was very fresh! I also had a bowl quinoa chaufa, which was AMAZING. We are looking for the recipe! For dessert, we had banana chocolate cake & tres leches cake. They were also very good. I already started referring SUSHISAMBA to friends. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday DiningnycfoodiefindsnjDined on 8/10/2014It was empty when I reached the restaurant with a friend visiting the city from Canada. We got there for Samba Hour, which I'd heard of on their website. The employees were not even aware that this special was offered on Sundays. The happy hour drinks used cheap alcohol where they tasted like nail polish remover or something like Georgi was used in them. We didn't even bother ordering drinks when we were seated at our table for dinner.Special Features:
- SatisfactoryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Sushi was less than 100% fresh, but the rock fish with tangerine slices as garnish was surprisingly refreshing, although there was nothing inherently astonishing about the fish itself. The waiter was energetic and very friendly. At night, the inside of the restaurant is a bit too dim unless you're seated at the sushi bar placed in the center of the venue. There appeared to be some nice outdoor seating for small parties.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and vibe.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014We first ate at the SushiSamba in Miami last year and loved it. We are native New Yorkers and this is our first visit to West Village restaurant. The food was awesome and so was the presentation. We started with refreshing sambatini and had the chicharron de calamar and foie gras- wagyu sliders - what a tasty treat. We went for a pre-theater dinner so missed the crowds. Will certainly not be a stranger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.