SUSHISAMBA NYC West Village
87 7th Avenue South
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
SUSHISAMBA NYC West Village
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sushisamba.com/
- Phone: (212) 691-7885
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Tuesday: 11:45am - 12am
Wednesday - Thursday: 11:45am - 1am
Friday and Saturday: 11:45am - 2am
Sunday: 11:30am - 12am
Saturday: 11:45am - 4pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, South American, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Pedro Duarte
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties for all occasions and events for up to 250 people. Our year round rooftop lounge is ideal for dinners or cocktail receptions up to 125 guests.
Banquet Facilities: From our intimate enclosed rooftop (open year round) to our spacious and colorful dining room, we can accommodate all of your private party needs.
- Private Party Contact: Please contact Restaurant Manager 2126917885x
- Entertainment: DJs Thursday-Saturday
- Special Events:
SUSHI & SAKE 101
Sample a variety of sakes, edamame, tempura, sashimi and sushi while learning the history of sushi and sake from industry experts. Classes are held on the first Tuesday of every month from 7pm-9pm!
Join us every Saturday and Sunday from 11:30am - 4pm and enjoy our sweet and savory brunch menu, unlimited Prosecco, signature cocktails and more!
A word from SUSHISAMBA NYC West Village
Only at SUSHISAMBA will you find a unique blend of Japanese, Brazilian and Peruvian cuisine, music and design. Hearty moquecas and colorful seviches are served alongside more inventive dishes, including Tuna Tataki and Wagyu Gyoza. Complementing the menu are signature cocktails made with exotic spirits such as shochu and cachaça and an acclaimed sake list, as well as wine, beer and champagne. Equal parts imagination and history, the SUSHISAMBA experience is truly unique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SUSHISAMBA NYC West Village reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (78)good for groups (69)hot spot (59)great for outdoor dining (43)special occasion (42)neighborhood gem (40)late-night find (38)vibrant bar scene (29)romantic (23)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (12)scenic view (8)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- The level of service we received was amazing!!jodermDined on 11/16/2014My husband and I went to sushi samba for his birthday. The waitress was amazing, she recommend great food. For appetizers we got beef and lobster taquitos they were amazing especially the beef, it was juicy and temder and, it was very tasty. We also got el topo sushi which was also great only wished it had more than six pieces. For entry my husband and I shared churrasco, another great plate and for dessert we got smores delicious. Overall I had a great experience and I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/15/2014SUSHISAMBA provided us with a really nice dining experience. The scene and ambiance are beautiful and lively. Really vibrant and festive. Music was a touch loud, but not that big a deal. Our service was solid and the food was delicious. Great flavor combinations and presentation on all the courses we ordered. It certainly lived up to our expectations. Would recommend to a friend and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good sushi option in the areaManuVIPDined on 11/15/2014I went there on Saturday night with some friends. We had a great sushi and sashimi. The service was very good, despite the fact that it is a quite big restaurant. I surely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/13/2014The food was very good, but we had to wait quite a while for a table, even though we had a reservation. The service was also less than attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TiredOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014I first went here a few back and it was fabulous I feel they have dropped the ball and have never picked it up through there own success food was ok but much better out there now I won't go back
- QUE BUENO EL TOPOCATDOGVIPDined on 11/1/2014That says it all. I could live off of the El Topo sushi.Special Features:
- Incredible foodtechyogiDined on 11/1/2014Been coming for years, and it's always amazing. Food is incredible, and fish was amazingly fresh.Special Features:
- not as good as usualnyroastVIPDined on 10/29/2014Ordered the sliders and thought that they were better before. Maybe lunch is not the same thing,.
- AwesomeLadyRDined on 10/25/2014The food was amazing--all around great edamame, sushi, and miso soup. Slightly noisy but good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Menu in a funky venueFood4thoughtDined on 10/25/2014The menu is great with many options and each dish has a great presentation. The mushroom appetizer is to die for - it came very hot and the aroma was wonderful.. All the appetizers are great. Sushi is delicious and served all on one platter, instead of many separate plates. We loved the lobster on top of one sushi roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumsasvdkVIPDined on 10/24/2014Delicious, excellent service, only downside is the noise level - the music was too loudI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience overallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014My husband and I went to Sushi Samba to celebrate our 1 month of tying the knot and we could not have picked a better place. Service, food and atmosphere was excellent! Can't wait to dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatRdub208VIPDined on 10/16/2014Been coming for many years Love it here Great sambatinisSpecial Features:
- Emilex67Dined on 10/12/2014We had to wait about 20 minutes even with a reservation, so that was kind of annoying. I think they might have given our table away. However, they made up for it by giving us free drinks and free appetizers and our waitress was very helpful and patient with our large group.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fav nyc place!AlissaMarieDined on 10/11/2014Sushi samba is always my number one place to come to when I come into the city. It's perfect for a double date or a group of friends. The food is always amazing and everyone there is always so friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014We waited over 40 minutes for our 9pm reservation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a charmJessnycDined on 10/11/2014I've been dinning at Sushi Samba for years, usually at the park avenue location. Since that had closed down I decided to give the west village a try. Love the music and the atmosphere, but it is a bit loud. Better for a girls night out than a romantic dinner. The menu has been updated, which is nice however I stuck to my favorite samba rolls and antichuvos. Overall great food, the menu had a lot going on which could be a positive or a negative. I finally tried the samba juice, which was amazing, will certainly drink that against during my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyMikeandMonicaDined on 10/11/2014Food, ambience and service was amazing! We would definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi!XxxxDined on 10/11/2014The sushi is delicious with a twist from your typical sushi. Delicious, and the Nashi cocktail was by far THE BEST cocktail I've ever had! Service was excellent. We sat upstairs and were glad we did as it was VERY busy and crowded downstairs, especially at the bar, when we left.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite for over a decadePassportTDined on 10/10/2014Sushi Samba is delicious. Any and everything I've ever ordered, including drinks, have been Amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome patioFullClipDined on 10/3/2014The downstairs portion of the restaurant is very typical. There are some big "community" tables where you can sit with random people. The second floor is awesome. Quiet small tables and a patio that overlooks the busy street. Highly recommended for date nights and small groups od friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Recommend.WillVisitAgainDined on 10/3/2014I don't have any additional comments. The options you provided above suits my opinion very well, but since you insist. No place is perfect. It is a bit pricy. Red at the bar is over the top and alarming. A wider selection of vodka (Tito Vodka specifically) would go along way. I understand the significance of the red but I'm just say-in. I thought the having one TV with Asian cinema and the other Latin is awsome. The music was nice. The seats were confortable. The wait staff didn't quit have it all together. They brought me someone else's order. I got the special, it was tasty but way more than mouthful, than i could appreciate. I was able to get parking in front when i drove up. This is always a luxury plus in New York City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud!GrilznightDined on 9/27/2014Says it all. Great food and service. Could barely hear myself think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014Food was great! Waiter was too serious. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.Nionene69VIPDined on 9/14/2014Everything was perfect! The service was superb and the location perfect. I Met my sweetheart there on our 1st date last July so we went there to reminisce about our date. Was just as good as the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I ate here before going to a concert at MSG. Very nice ambiance! Our server was great, she made excellent suggestions for both food and drinks. Our sushi was delicious, fish was fresh! We didn't have to wait long for any of our courses or drinks. From the moment we walked in the staff was attentive to all our needs. Sushisamba is conveniently located a short walk from the 1 train at Chambers St. station. I highly recommend this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!JustGeorgeDined on 9/11/2014We had a group if 8 for a loud over the top business dinner and had an amazing time!! It cost about half what I expected to pay, so the biss was happy too:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Varied menu options, nice place, great service. A very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itYummy17Dined on 9/8/2014Delicious food, great service. Highly recommend it to anyone. Wagyu gyoza is a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fusion of food cultures!thegangof4VIPDined on 9/7/2014We sat in a booth downstairs because the upstairs was closed. The food was exceptionally creative! The sushi roll wrapped in beef was delicious as was the foie gras slider though prices are high. The smores' dessert was one of the best presentations I've seen and worth it!Special Features:
- JacquiejacquieVIPDined on 9/3/2014The food was terrible, and so was the service. Our server forgot our order on top of it. It's not at all what it used to be. I'll never go back.
- I Love This Place!Eliana20Dined on 8/31/2014My husband and I found the Chicago restaurant 4 years ago, and we weren't able to let it go even when we came back to NY. The food is amazing, the cocktails are great, and we love the ambience a lot. We usually like to bring our visiting guests here, and they are always pleasantly surprised by the food and the overall atmosphere. Great place!Special Features:
- Chic scene ... "Chiquito" portionsPriscillaDined on 8/29/2014Service, ambiance, decor , cocktails (watermelon baja and lemon samurai) are all amazing. The food had an amazing presentation and an even better taste... Just tiny portions. Too expensive considering the portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and chefVivianVIPDined on 8/24/2014Chef Lin is prefect and made the rolls creative thank you'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I strongly recommend the tasting menue for all newcomers. We tried so many things we would not have ordered. Absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!AnnaBananaDined on 8/23/2014I have been to SushiSamba many times and honestly they have never disappointed. The food is always phenomenal and the staff is friendly and obliging. This last visit my boyfriend lost his wallet at some point while we were waiting for our table, and both our waitress and the manager were very helpful to us. They even gave us a free appetizer. As we were leaving the restaurant we found out from the hostesses that they had found his wallet! All in all a fantastic experience. I highly recommend this place for anything from a girl's night, to a family dinner, to a romantic evening out, to a birthday dinner with a large group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and exotic !FrenchieNYCDined on 8/22/2014Discovered Sushisamba in London, at the top of the Heron tower... amazing view and food. Tried it out in NYC and wasn't disappointed. The food is excellent. Basically it's a mix between Japanese and Brazilian food. The suhis are amazing, the beef is to die for. They also have very nice cocktails. I can only recommend to go. It's neither cheap nor expensive... for the quality, I was happy to pay!Special Features:
- DelusionValeottoDined on 8/22/2014Restaurant decadent , food poor , what a delusion. Never come again .
- Good food. Bad service.IlovenewyorkgirlDined on 8/21/2014Came here for my boyfriends birthday for a party of 6 on a Thursday night. The waiter came over and asked if we wanted water so we said yes. This took about 15 minutes. After this we did not see out waiter for a good half hour. Once we finally did order drink, it took another half hour, and then we were finally able to order our food. The food was great, we were all just very disappointed with the service. The server was well aware of this, and he did not acknowledge it at all -not even a quick sorry for the delay. It seemed as though the manager brought over our drinks.. Again not even a sorry. Good food sushisamba, but the customer service was really slacking. There are plenty of other places in the city with good food and good service.Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprising mix!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014A great mix of South American flavours with Japanese makes fora surprisingly well balanced delicious exciting meal. Service was fantastic. Just make sure that you leave room for dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.