SUSHISAMBA NYC West Village
87 7th Avenue South
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
SUSHISAMBA NYC West Village
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sushisamba.com/
- Phone: 2126917885x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:45am - 12:00am; Tuesday and Wednesday: 11:45am - 1:00am; Thursday: 11:45am - 1:00am; Friday and Saturday: 11:45am - 2:00am; Sunday: 11:30am - 12:00am; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, South American, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Pedro Duarte
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties for all occasions and events for up to 250 people. Our year round rooftop lounge is ideal for dinners or cocktail receptions up to 125 guests.
Banquet Facilities: From our intimate enclosed rooftop (open year round) to our spacious and colorful dining room, we can accommodate all of your private party needs.
- Private Party Contact: Please contact Restaurant Manager 2126917885x
- Entertainment: DJs Thursday-Saturday
- Special Events:
SUSHI & SAKE 101
Sample a variety of sakes, edamame, tempura, sashimi and sushi while learning the history of sushi and sake from industry experts. Classes are held on the first and third Tuesday of every month from 7pm-9pm!
Join us every Saturday and Sunday from 11:30am - 4pm and enjoy our sweet and savory brunch menu, unlimited Prosecco, signature cocktails and more!
Pair our premium Japanese Wagyu served on a sizzling hot stone with our signature sauces and selection of fresh vegetables with your choice of a complimentary bottle of select sake or red wine. To sweeten the deal, we’ll treat you to a bowl of our refreshing green tea ice cream.
A word from SUSHISAMBA NYC West Village
Only at SUSHISAMBA will you find a unique blend of Japanese, Brazilian and Peruvian cuisine, music and design. Hearty moquecas and colorful seviches are served alongside more inventive dishes, including Tuna Tataki and Wagyu Gyoza. Complementing the menu are signature cocktails made with exotic spirits such as shochu and cachaça and an acclaimed sake list, as well as wine, beer and champagne. Equal parts imagination and history, the SUSHISAMBA experience is truly unique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SUSHISAMBA NYC West Village reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (66)fit for foodies (62)good for groups (59)hot spot (54)special occasion (50)vibrant bar scene (41)late-night find (35)neighborhood gem (31)romantic (26)great for lunch (23)scenic view (17)great for brunch (13)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Great service and chefVivianVIPDined on 8/24/2014Chef Lin is prefect and made the rolls creative thank you'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I strongly recommend the tasting menue for all newcomers. We tried so many things we would not have ordered. Absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!AnnaBananaDined on 8/23/2014I have been to SushiSamba many times and honestly they have never disappointed. The food is always phenomenal and the staff is friendly and obliging. This last visit my boyfriend lost his wallet at some point while we were waiting for our table, and both our waitress and the manager were very helpful to us. They even gave us a free appetizer. As we were leaving the restaurant we found out from the hostesses that they had found his wallet! All in all a fantastic experience. I highly recommend this place for anything from a girl's night, to a family dinner, to a romantic evening out, to a birthday dinner with a large group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelusionValeottoDined on 8/22/2014Restaurant decadent , food poor , what a delusion. Never come again .
- Good food. Bad service.IlovenewyorkgirlDined on 8/21/2014Came here for my boyfriends birthday for a party of 6 on a Thursday night. The waiter came over and asked if we wanted water so we said yes. This took about 15 minutes. After this we did not see out waiter for a good half hour. Once we finally did order drink, it took another half hour, and then we were finally able to order our food. The food was great, we were all just very disappointed with the service. The server was well aware of this, and he did not acknowledge it at all -not even a quick sorry for the delay. It seemed as though the manager brought over our drinks.. Again not even a sorry. Good food sushisamba, but the customer service was really slacking. There are plenty of other places in the city with good food and good service.Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprising mix!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014A great mix of South American flavours with Japanese makes fora surprisingly well balanced delicious exciting meal. Service was fantastic. Just make sure that you leave room for dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantSushiholic777Dined on 8/17/2014I simply love this place. I can never get enough! I try to go at least once a week and I am never disappointed. The food is exquisite, the service is friendly and very pleasant and I like sitting outside.Special Features:
- Loved Sushi Samba!Saross86Dined on 8/15/2014We went for restaurant week and were not disappointed by the food! We started with the cocktail tree (there was a large group of us) and had fantastic cocktails! The food that followed was delicious, very innovative sushi rolls and the skirt steak i ordered was cooked perfectly medium rare! The service dropped off at the end and it took forever for us to pay and move on to the next place, but that was a small hiccup in an overall fantastic meal.Special Features:
- SoHo Gem!CharliAmourDined on 8/14/2014My friend and I ate here during NY Restaurant Week and it was amazing!! I was very impressed with menu offering and things were cooked to perfection. Who knew Brazilian, Peruvian and Japanese food made such a great combo?! And the highlight of our meal was definitely dessert - it was a Chocolate Banana cake with vanilla rum ice cream, garnished with an agave syrup and Plantain crisp. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014My partner and I decided to give this spot a try on the strength of someone's suggestion for restaurant week. The overall experience was very positive: the food tasted great - especially the salt + pepper squid, ceviche, rock fish, and chocolate banana cake - and the server, Bo, was both professional and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014A pleasant evening with family. Space offered was tight but they accommodated happily to a different table...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously uniqueKarmaDined on 8/12/2014Just celebrated a very memorable birthday at sushi samba in the west village with sons and had a wonderful evening! Once again sushi samba doesn't disappoint! The service was excellent and the food outstanding! We enjoyed some delicious signature cocktails and dishes. Recommend the refreshing Samba juice cocktail and Our family favorite appetizer Sawagani flashed fried mini Japanese river crabs! Being able to take advantage of nyc restaurant week and the pre fix menu made it even more inviting & affordable! Totally plan to return for samba hour next visit with girl friends!Special Features:
- Always busy, quite the guarantee!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Always busy, regardless the night and period of the year. A testament to the great atmosphere, varied menu and great food. Many creative rolls combine meat with fish and spices from for this fusion of Brazilian and Japanese cousineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, innovative food-bad musicBarbaraDined on 8/11/2014The food is so well prepared and creative and innovative we kept ordering more of their small plates of goodies - and then stayed for dessert. The Rock Shrimp Tempura were so savory/crispy/satisfying that we had two plates. This, despite the fact that we could not hear ourselves think, much less our companions. Yelling over music is not my idea of relaxed dinning! What ever happened to great food AND great conversation?Special Features:
- Very Interesting PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014My Fiancee and I went to SUSHISAMBA during Restaurant Week. We decided to eat inside and were seated at a small table, a little too close to our neighboring tables. We didn't like this very much. The decor was very nice. For appetizers, we had ceviche & fried octopus. Both were excellent. She also had a bowl of miso soup, which was ok. Our main course consisted of chimichurri steak with potatoes huancaina & an assortment plate of sushi. Both were phenomenal! The sushi was very fresh! I also had a bowl quinoa chaufa, which was AMAZING. We are looking for the recipe! For dessert, we had banana chocolate cake & tres leches cake. They were also very good. I already started referring SUSHISAMBA to friends. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday DiningnycfoodiefindsnjDined on 8/10/2014It was empty when I reached the restaurant with a friend visiting the city from Canada. We got there for Samba Hour, which I'd heard of on their website. The employees were not even aware that this special was offered on Sundays. The happy hour drinks used cheap alcohol where they tasted like nail polish remover or something like Georgi was used in them. We didn't even bother ordering drinks when we were seated at our table for dinner.Special Features:
- SatisfactoryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Sushi was less than 100% fresh, but the rock fish with tangerine slices as garnish was surprisingly refreshing, although there was nothing inherently astonishing about the fish itself. The waiter was energetic and very friendly. At night, the inside of the restaurant is a bit too dim unless you're seated at the sushi bar placed in the center of the venue. There appeared to be some nice outdoor seating for small parties.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and vibe.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014We first ate at the SushiSamba in Miami last year and loved it. We are native New Yorkers and this is our first visit to West Village restaurant. The food was awesome and so was the presentation. We started with refreshing sambatini and had the chicharron de calamar and foie gras- wagyu sliders - what a tasty treat. We went for a pre-theater dinner so missed the crowds. Will certainly not be a stranger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantSushiholic777Dined on 8/2/2014Every time I go to Sushi Samba the experience is simply spectacular. I have been numerous times to this restaurant either for brunch, drinks or dinner and I am always extremely pleased. As a foodie and sushiholic, Sushi Samba is my favorite restaurant in the city and my goal this year ( and hopefully for many years to come) is to try to go at least 3 times every month. The downtown location is particularly nice due to its outdoor seating and great views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodieDined on 8/1/2014Outstanding Restaurant Week selection. Ceviche, fish, desserts all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ugh.saidsowhatDined on 8/1/2014I was extremely disappointed by my lunch here. I came with my boyfriend to treat him to lunch because I went for dinner once and the food was great. Not so for their restaurant week lunch. My sushi entree was kind of sad. The fish did not taste fresh at all and was cut pretty thin. Worst of all, the service was TERRIBLE. They tried to bus our table literally as we were still eating several times and there were a ton of really just careless/fun mistakes with our order and the check. There was hardly anyone else there! It didn't make sense to have service that bad and no one even apologized. Never going back. I could have spent half as much eating at a better place for NOT restaurant week.
- Amazing foodFoodAllDayDined on 7/29/2014Seviche was out of this world. Sushi was pretty good but not the best I've ever had. Dessert is rich and a good size to share. The staff is friendly and polite. The only thing that threw me off was the bathroom upstairs. Sink Knob was broken, no paper towels or hand dryers, water everywhere. Kind of threw me off for a place that had attention to detail. Overall a great experience though and highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencepumpkin1Dined on 7/29/2014We found the restaurant and staff to be very inviting and friendly. The staff was knowledgable about the food and drink. The crab ceviche was very good, the sushi and the organic chicken bento box were very good. One item we ordered, the wagyu beef and foie gras sliders, came out without the foie gras. We brought this to the attention of our server, who apologized for the error and brought the error to the attention of the management who then removed that item from the check. Overall our dining experience was extremely satisfying and we would recommend Sushi Samba without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FusionJRFoodDined on 7/28/2014I would happily return here for the great food (love the sushi, cebiche and the drinks), and the colorful, fun atmosphere. You should try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great last night in NYCkhollandDined on 7/27/2014From the moment we arrived everyone was friendly and welcoming. The waiter Solomon explained the menu and offered some options for us to choose. He provided great service by always being friendly and attentive. The food was delicious and there was a great choice. I will definitely recommend this to anyone visiting NYC.Special Features:
- KMK2014Dined on 7/26/2014Make sure you try the dragon roll and fried jalapeno peppers rolls.Special Features:
- Nice & Elegant DinnerdeezertVIPDined on 7/25/2014Really liked it ... I loved the appetizers and the sides ... service was excellent!Special Features:
- Fun Fusion PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014An awesome mix of Brazilian and Japanese, however a bit pricy for what you get. Better to go to a Sushi place if you're looking for real authentic sushi thats better pricedSpecial Features:
- great food but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2014Big drinking crowd and they really push booze on customers. The food is fun and yummy, though.Special Features:
- Overpriced for what you getSushiloverDined on 7/25/2014Service was excellent, food was fresh and tasty but way overpriced for the portion sizes. I would suggest to anyone do not go there on an empty stomach otherwise you will leave with a whopping Bill! Portions are small and the rolls are smaller that your average sushi rolls. Drinks are nice but watered down. I would do this place again for a quick bite and a light drink with friends, co-workers and or date. They have a nice lounge area too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mixEnjoymyfoodDined on 7/24/2014The food was a delicious mix of Japanese, Brazilian and Peruvian. We chose from the Restaurant Week menu and there was enough choices so that the three of us were able to sample three different dishes for each course. We had a window/outdoor table so we got to experience the vibe of the West Village, which made the dining experience even more fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleUldericoDined on 7/23/2014Worst 300 dollars I've ever spent. Everyone seemed non attentive, not like park avenue one. I will never attend this restaurant again. Philippe was much better any day of the week.Special Features:
- Awful experienceIrenitaCVIPDined on 7/23/2014I was organizing a surprise birthday dinner for my friend. My reservation was at 8:30 and we did not get seated before 10:10 pm and the staff was not helpful at all. I am never going back there again.
- Excellent!ElizabethDined on 7/23/2014Food was great. Excellent service. A great kids menu complete with service in a Tiffanwala and kids chopsticks. Also, great desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect FusionSmwebbDined on 7/22/2014I discovered this fantastic spot during Restaurant Week. I was searching for either an Asian or Brazillian restaurant and was happy to see a menu that was a fusion of Japanese, Peruvian and Brazillian cuisines. The atmosphere is vibrant, with colorful original artwork on the walls. The ceviche was perfect, sushi sampler was melt-in-your-mouth fresh and skirt steak cooked to perfection. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a different take on dishes they already love, or to be introduced to something completely fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MellDined on 7/20/2014We frequented the 7th avenue location for several years until they closed, simply because that location was close to work. We tried the West Village location, but their Samba Park menu option was actually Samba Seven. We are so used to the "park" edition, please bring it back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014Yellowtail tacos are excellent. Sushi rolls very tasty. Drinks not great and took too long. Great atmosphere upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lexlexVIPDined on 7/18/2014The service was a little off, but probably because the restaurant was packed. It took a while to get our drinks and food.Special Features:
- From 1 of our Favs 2 Never AgainBrandoDined on 7/17/2014SushiSAMBA park was one of our favorite manhattan restaurants form several years ago. From our visit to West Village, we learned why likely the Park location closed. Our service was very good but the food was expensive, mediocre, over-done, and under-seasoned. The cocktails overcame cheap liquor with excessive sweetness. The sushi fish was not fresh and the rice was grainy. There is an empty spot in my stomach I will have to find another place to fill.
- Went for brunch...shanVIPDined on 7/12/2014Perhaps they just added weekend brunch, and the rest of NYC doesn't know about it yet? It wasn't busy at all, and everything was delicious! We had the $30 per person three course meal, and it was a huge amount of food. Lobster eggs benedict, sushi, and a dessert assortment for $30 in NYC? That's a steal, IMHO.Special Features: