SUSHISAMBA NYC Gramercy
245 Park Ave. South
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
SUSHISAMBA NYC Gramercy
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sushisamba.com/
- Phone: 2124759377x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:45am - 1am; Thursday - Saturday: 11:45am - 2am; Sunday: 11:30am - 12am; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, South American, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Pedro Duarte
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For more details, menus and photographs, please visit our website or call the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Please contact Restaurant Manager 2124759377x
- Entertainment: DJs Thursday-Saturday.
- Special Events: SAMBABRUNCH
Every Saturday and Sunday from 11:30am - 3:30pm, enjoy delicious à la carte brunch menu. Whether you love brunch classics like Eggs Benedict and Doce de Leite French Toast or would like to try a South American Frittata or Brazilian Feijoada, we offer an exciting array of dishes.
Celebrate the culture and cuisine of Japan,Brazil and Peru, where you can 'upgrade' Happy Hour standards to first class flavor. Sunday-Friday, 4-7pm and 11pm-close at the bar and lounge where applicable.
A word from SUSHISAMBA NYC Gramercy
Only at SUSHISAMBA will you find a unique blend of Japanese, Brazilian and Peruvian cuisine, music and design. Hearty moquecas and colorful seviches are served alongside more inventive dishes, including Tuna Tataki and Wagyu Gyoza. Complementing the menu are signature cocktails made with exotic spirits such as shochu and cachaça and an acclaimed sake list, as well as wine, beer and champagne. Equal parts imagination and history, the SUSHISAMBA experience is truly unique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SUSHISAMBA NYC Gramercy reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great mix of flavorsmarisa125Dined on 6/10/2014Though I typically don't like the spice of Brazilian or Peruvian dishes, I think they were blended just right with the traditional Japanese fare at this restaurant. I was with three other colleagues for work and we share edamame and grilled peppers for apps, and then had a bunch of rolls. Overall happy with the tastes and the portions -- we weren't an adventurous group so can't offer more insight into what seemed like an eclectic menu. Our waitress was super-friendly and energetic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for quick biteMos84Dined on 6/6/2014Great food, awesome service - definitely try the taquitos!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Food was out of this world ...very friendly and welcoming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 676 reviews are from the SUSHISAMBA NYC Gramercy reviews archive.
- Ladies Night OutChristineMarieVIPDined on 5/30/2014We had dinner reservations for 5 on a Friday night. They were able to seat us in the back where it was more lively than the front. Music playlist was great! The ambiance & decor was very sexy and modern. The menu was slightly confusing in its organization but food was good. Really enjoyed the sea bass, quinoa and collard greens. Ordered a virgin coconut milk pineapple and mango drink and it was delicious. Our server was sweet but the service wasn't as prompt as we would have liked. The manager was very nice and stopped by our table and had a drink re-made for us since it was accidentally taken away. I requested through open-table that it was someone's birthday and if they could bring a slice of cake and they were able to do it for us.Special Features:
- Need to update bathroomkajpf1954Dined on 5/18/2014At the end of the meal I used the restroom. Had i used the restroom before the meal I would have left the restaurant and went someplace else. The bathroom is old, so old it cannot be sanitized to appear clean to a diner. A smelly nasty restroom tells alot about a restaurant and this one needs a freshening up from floor to ceiling.Special Features:
- Great Food dated atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/14/2014The quality of the Sushi was outstanding. The service was average especially considering the that the restaurant was not all crowded. The restaurant itself is a bit dated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite sushiMelissaDined on 5/11/2014We love the sushi here. This time we tried the churrrasco and it was just OK. But the rolls are delicious. They've made changes to their special roll menu and gotten rid of a lot of good rolls, but the sushi is still excellent quality and the ambiance is great. Try the spicy scallop:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another solid visit!GmanVIPDined on 5/8/2014The meal and experience was positive across the board. The food was good as always and the ambiance was great! The server was not ver attentive but satisfactory.Special Features:
- Great for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2014Always a good time at Sushi Samba! Yummy drinks and good vibe. El Topo is my fav roll!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialNKNYVIPDined on 5/2/2014Food was ok, a bit pricey for its simplicity. It's not one of a kind if that's what you are looking for. The tables are waay to close to each other. It was like we were eating with the two tables next to us. We had to whisper in order to have a conversation..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014I loved the flavors and the fresh fish! So many interesting options. I think the drinks were a bit overpriced, and overall the meal was very expensive - but the food was definitely something to remember. If I had the budget, I'd eat there far more often.Special Features:
- Late dinner with friendsRCostaVIPDined on 4/27/2014We went for a late dinner and had a great time. Was not crowded ( was a Sunday), music was great so as the food and cocktailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good late night mealTiraVIPDined on 4/25/2014food good, service good, late at night is quiet and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisySandyDined on 4/25/2014I would recommend it because the fusion food is very good. Unfortunately the noise level was too high, not even able to listen to your neighbor without steaming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and eclecticglodziegirlDined on 4/23/2014Took my two young teens there for a weeknight dinner, and we all loved the food and experience. I hadn't been to Samba in years, but all my good memories were rewarded. Had an eclectic mix of sushi and small dishes. The tuna appetizer was amazing as was the duck small plate. My daughter was not crazy about the oysters as they were not a classic preparation (read the menu description more carefully than she did), but she did say they were super fresh. My kids didn't need them, but they had the coolest "kid chopsticks" I've ever seen- evidence that a sophisticated adult spot truly is happy to have the little guys there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favoritesfoodie71Dined on 4/19/2014There is nothing negative really to say. It lacked 5 star rating due to music being way too loud and seating a bit cumbersome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too touristyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2014The food is fantastic. Excellent quality, creative and so fresh. The service is non-existent and the live DJ flips the music between good modern electronic and 80's disco where you are afraid Donna Summers will reappear. Unfortunately, the servers and management treat you like tourists from Kansas, who couldn't possibly understand how sophisticated the menu and food are.Special Features:
- Super slowJackmockVIPDined on 4/15/2014Took TWO HOURS for sushi lunch despite an empty restaurant. Place felt outdated and needs a revamp; ambiance was disappointing. Food was average if not slightly above.Special Features:
- This was my first time atLizz1212VIPDined on 4/12/2014This was my first time at any sushi samba outside of Las Vegas so I had high expectations. While it's way smaller and maybe not as trendy looking, the food was fantastic. Bet tuna tataki I've ever had. The oysters were so amazing as well. As an inexperienced saki drinker the saki flight was perfect. Sushi was fresh and tasty! I would go back and recommend to anybody.Special Features:
- Fantastic MixMcOztouristDined on 4/9/2014Sushi Samba provides an excellent opportunity to fuse Japanese finesse with Sth American tastes. We lovers the subtle entres and the powerful mains. Stand out was the rib eye, OMG, to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My girlfriends and I visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014My girlfriends and I visited Sushi Samba on a Saturday night. We had a wonderful time! The staff and the service were EXCELLENT. Everyone made us feel special. I must say that Craig, the manager or the host who was on that evening, was so nice and kind to us. We will definitely re-visit. The food was also very good and there are plenty of items on the menu other than Sushi if you prefer. .Special Features:
- Not as good as we expected...AnnieVIPDined on 4/5/2014Went to Sushi Samba in Las Vegas where the food was outstanding and the atmosphere was fun. It was so good went back the next night. Wanted to try New York with my husband. The waiter was GREAT but the rest of the experience was not what we expected. The timing between the meals was inconsistent. Some of the dishes were warm (not hot) and the food "didn't send us." The bill was quite high. I was expecting to be wowed and was not. For $300 was disappointed.
- awesomeLauren8Dined on 4/2/2014We loved the atmosphere and the drinks and food were spectacular - service was incredible - Craig makes us feel like we are home, and very enjoyable and made us feel welcome, and engaged us in direction on food, drinks. He was amazing as well as the other staff. Defentely coming back! Great for a larger group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/21/2014The food was excellent quality, but it was rather expensive relative to comparable sushi spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayLaLizDined on 3/21/2014I had only been to the SushiSamba in Miami and was thinking this can come close but it didn't. The décor looked outdated (at least in the section I was sitting) There were 2 sections. One with a dj and the other without. I was sitting in section without the dj. It was very cramped. We had to move out of our seats to let the person in the next table out which was a nuisance when someone had to use the bathroom. The food was pricey for the quality. I didn't find the sushi fresh at all. I wouldn't return. The service was good however. They were attentive.Special Features:
- Had the mest attentive waiter,JuliaDined on 3/20/2014Had the mest attentive waiter, without being "to much". He had great knwledge on both their food and wine selection. When a large party arrived and was seated next to us, he was able to arranged for us another table in another section (as we thought it became to noisy and because of the big party - couldnt talk in a normal tone to hear eachother anymore).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodAmz422VIPDined on 3/19/2014Great food, everything was delicious. Pretty pricey though, and pretty small portions. Great for business meals and special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Fun FindMollyTDined on 3/17/2014Loved being able to walk here from our hotel and enjoy a delicious and different meal with my 13 year old daughter. She loved the watermelon NA drink and Samba S'Mores. Friendly and vibrant atmosphere lead us to meet our neighboring table who joined us around the "fire" for the dessert. Very fun night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great rollsHHellerVIPDined on 3/13/2014A really first rate dinner. Amazing and very different sushi rolls and appetizers.Special Features:
- Great food but very loudgfishDined on 3/12/2014The food was excellent and the service was great! The only issue was that it was so loud that half the time I couldn't hear what the waitress was saying and I had to yell to a bit to make conversation. Overall a good experience though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marketing more than MangiaEatnTweetDined on 3/10/2014I enjoyed the food and mix of Asian/Brazilian flavors, decor. My wife didn't like the loud bass (must have been the Samba!) but I didnt mind as it added to the vibe. The food was very good. Miso soup, Neo Tokyo and Bobo Brazil rolls were tasty indeed. The portions however for their signature rolls were disappointingly small and service was slow as molasses and took away from overall experience. The server should have known to have us order more food (I did inquire as to the size of the rolls upon ordering). It was a Monday night so not sure if they were short staff but there was no sense of urgency to get the food out. I sat at 730pm, took 5-10 minutes for a drink, my wife arrived at 745pm and we didnt get our sushi platter until 830pm.
- Loving the SambaGinaGVIPDined on 3/10/2014Can't say enough about our SUSHISAMBA experience – the staff, the food, the atmosphere, the music. Everything was top-notch and we can’t wait to go back. Have known of this place for some time. I wish I'd gone sooner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok.CriespirituDined on 3/8/2014We were really looking forward to a fabulous date night. It was just very noisy. The watermelon drink was very good. Fried green beans were awesome and rick shrimp was delish! Samba park was ok...the lobster was overcooked. Sashimi portion was small. It was a mixed experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpacePC97Dined on 3/8/2014Space was a little tight and my table wobbled. Everything else was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always passed this placeJennDined on 3/7/2014We've always passed this place and decided to try it for restaurant week and it was only average... nothing special about the sushisamba. The food was a bit salty for my taste and the raw fish wasnt as fresh as it could've been. I wouldnt go there again unless my friend wanted to.
- Peru meets Brazil meets JapanCesarDined on 3/6/2014I've always been a fan of Sushi Samba, and I feel their menu keeps getting better. The service could be a little quicker, especially the drinks, but they redeem themselves when the food comes out. The highlight for me was the Shrimp Ceviche which is not only delicious enough to want to drink the marinade afterwards (seriously, it's that good), but the portions of shrimp that are served are VERY good. Cocktail wise, the Pisco Sour was great (go figure) as well as the batidas.Special Features:
- A bit of a bummerEpicuriousDined on 3/6/2014I went to SushiSamba for Restaurant Week. The waitstaff were all very friendly and accommodating, the decor jazzy, but the food was a little disappointing. I had the shrimp ceviche to start but not all of the shrimp was property deveined (a major detractor). The main course of the mushroom and truffle dish was delicious and beautifully presented. For dessert I got the chocolate bread pudding, which was lovely to look at but was way too cold. It ended up making the bread pudding heavy and almost gelatinous which was emphasized by the yummy ice cream and (I think) toffee sauce. If the bread pudding had been warm or at room temperature I am sure that it would have been marvelous, but at the colder temperature it ended up being dense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Samba Fabulous !GalAboutTownDined on 3/5/2014I've eaten here quite a few times--very delicious and always dependable fare. The hostess & wait staff are EXCELLENT. Try the corn, it's amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencejnieves79Dined on 3/5/2014My friends and I had a wonderful time at Sushi Samba. Excellent food and service!Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2014Loved this place for the service. Everyone I encountered had a pleasant attitude, even on the phone! I only gave it a fair rating for ambience since I was seated right by the door and didn't get to see what the rest of the restaurant looked like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.