SUSHISAMBA Coral Gables
180 Aragon Avenue
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
South AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
SUSHISAMBA Coral Gables
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sushisamba.com/
- Phone: 3054484990x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11pm
Friday: 11:30am - 1am
Saturday: 11am - 1am
Sunday: 11am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: South American, Japanese, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: David Sears
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events:
SUSHI & SAKE 101
Sample a variety of sakes, edamame, tempura, sashimi and sushi, while learning the history of sushi and sake from industry experts. Classes are held on the last Tuesday of every month from 7pm - 9pm!
A word from SUSHISAMBA Coral Gables
Only at SUSHISAMBA will you find a unique blend of Japanese, Brazilian and Peruvian cuisine, music and design. Hearty moquecas and colorful seviches are served alongside more inventive dishes, including Tuna Tataki and Wagyu Gyoza. Complementing the menu are signature cocktails made with exotic spirits such as shochu and cachaça and an acclaimed sake list, as well as wine, beer and champagne. Equal parts imagination and history, the SUSHISAMBA experience is truly unique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SUSHISAMBA Coral Gables reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (15)special occasion (13)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (8)romantic (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Tasty food, small portions, priceyFoodfanVIPDined on 10/11/2014Food was good. Portions are very small and way overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional in every waySteveOVIPDined on 10/8/2014An amazing meal with every aspect of it being better than the one before- the miso soup was incredible, the drinks some of the best I've ever had, and the concept really unique. I'd go back in a second- and our service was top of the lineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Miami Spice NightdineoutoftenDined on 9/30/2014We were thrilled to have saved our last night of Miami Spice tickets for Sushi Samba Coral Gables. Having been to their Lincoln Road place our expectations were not met. Slow food arrival considering that the man was predetermined. While the food tasted and looked great, the portions that night were minuscule leaving us wanting for a little more. Considering that the restaurant was about 80% empty that night the slow delivery of the food was unacceptable.Special Features:
- Great placemarcsilDined on 9/30/2014Sushi Samba is well located in Coral Gables. I loved the food and the environment and I'll definitely come back. The service was great too, despite of my kids walking around.Special Features:
- SupurbmickisisVIPDined on 9/30/2014I'm in Miami for 24 hrs and ate here for the first time and loved it so much I made another reservation for lunch tomorrow. My server Gianni was wonderful, he had an excellent knowledge of the menu items and every recommendation he made was spot on perfect. I look forward to eating here on my future visits to Miami.Special Features:
- Not as good as beforeFabulousVIPDined on 9/20/2014We have eaten at Sushisamba many times while visiting Miami. Usually we have had a nice experience. This day, we had a server who took our order and it took her over 20 min to come tell us the champagne we ordered was not available by the class. We asked how much would the bottle cost. She came back and told us the price after we had finished the meal! No need for it any more. My first tuna roll was wrong. The second one was pitiful and tuna had the white "veins" in it, at it was hard to chew. Did not finish it. Asked the server for ponzu sauce, which never came. Shame that the good spot has gone down hill.Special Features:
- Pretty good butOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014It was a bit on the expensive side. But all around a nice restaurant. The waitress was awesome, the food was literally unlike anything I've ever had before, the ambience was upbeat yet relaxing. I recommend you stop by if you gave the opportunity. Just be prepared for the bill that could ensue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Food was great, very small portions for prices. Would recommend. Service was good, but server was a little pushy...everytime we ordered something he would try to get us to try something else. I can understand up selling, or trying to offer and additional item from sales stand point but it was a little too much.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant!GauchaemMiamiDined on 9/3/2014Although this restaurant is quieter than the one at South Beach, it is a nice place to go! We went for the Miami Spice Menu and the Ceviche was delicious! One of the best I have ever had! The Sushi Plate was good! The service was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds All ExpectationsMikeAndPattyDined on 8/30/2014SushiSamba is an incredible treat. Having recently moved to South Florida from Seattle...where the sushi is amazing, we have always been a little disappointed in the sushi restaurants here. A friend recommended SushiSamba, so we thought we would give it a try even though it's a bit of a drive from Fort Lauderdale. We had one of the best meals ever, a delectable fusion of Japanese, Brazilian and Peruvian dishes. We highly recommend it to everyone who wants to experience the best Miami has to offer. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Best and freshest sushi I've ever!jackVIPDined on 8/29/2014First time there, service, food, everything was perfect. I took my son only since his mom and his sister don't eat sushi, my son and I agreed, best we've ever had. We loved that it was so fresh, incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in every aspect!EatwellDined on 8/7/2014After visiting Susiasamba for the first time in Vegas the prior week (also fantastic), my son and wife clamored for a return visit to the Gables site. We were not disappointed, as Jason Hart and his staff served us an excellent meal. We had a few appetizers, the taquitos and sea bass with truffle oil standing out. Then we ordered both large plates, the mosqueca and the churrasco. Both were very well prepared, delicious. Finally, Jason treated us to some of the Miami Spice small plates. Everything about this meal, including the final price, makes us want to go back ASAP. Good job!Special Features:
- The following 53 reviews are from the SUSHISAMBA Coral Gables reviews archive.
- Fabulous!Roadwarrior5443VIPDined on 6/26/2014Sushi samba is my go to restaurant for meeting friends and sushi. Great team, lead by ClaudiSpecial Features:
- Below averageFedeDined on 6/14/2014First time having dinner at the Coral Gables location, had been many times before at Lincoln Road. Saturday night (9:00pm) the place was almost empty, less than 25% of the tables with guests. Not even close to the atmosphere of Lincoln Road. Despite the lack of customers, service was very bad and we have to wait for 45’ for our food. Talking about the food, we tried 6 different rolls and I have to say that was just OK, nothing extraordinary. Again, not even close to the food quality at Lincoln Road. The only similarity between Coral Gables and Lincoln Road was the check, both overpriced. I rated "Quiet" the noise level, but keep in mind that the place was empty!
- Put a little samba in your sushiLuv2eatVIPDined on 5/10/2014Awesome sushi... Great service ... Sat outside on the terrace we had a great meal & a great night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in Town--Try the Ezo!VIPDinerVIPDined on 5/3/2014We really go here for one main item...the Ezo Roll. Its delectable taste and delicate composition just melts in your mouth. We do try a different one each time, but gravitate back to the Ezo. Also commendable are the yellow tail snapper taquitos--the only issue is they serve it with spicy sauce that ruins the palate. Eat it without it! The crunch calmari is delicious too.... yes, we will keep returning if only to have several Ezos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent qualityMichaeljDined on 5/3/2014Overall, delicious. Very consistent quality. Coral Gables roll is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RawadyVIPDined on 5/2/2014Great food. Nice to seat outside. Less noise. Service is very good and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a crossing of flavorsrabl99VIPDined on 4/29/2014Very good variety of dishes, all served in good portions, very good presentation. The samba is a amazing roll sight and tasteSpecial Features:
- Great food!AlbertoVIPDined on 4/25/2014Excellent recomendations from the waitress, get the whole fish is amazing and the taquitos!! Calamaris are ok but not great and the piquerones are different but ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 4/24/2014Great food. Need to improve service. Learning how to serve, or retire food from the table, greetings, etc.Special Features:
- Ezo Roll or Bust!VIPDinerVIPDined on 3/14/2014There is no Sushi Roll like the Ezo Roll. We used to travel exclusively to South Beach only to eat this one roll but now happily, we do not have to go to far from home....we tried the Sao Paolo but no, not even close and will never try that one again. The yellow tail taquitos are also amazing--however, we wish they would not make the sauce spicy...it really spoils the taste. Other than that, Sushi Samba is terrific. Good food, ambience and fantastic service. If we had a con, it would be that they need to have more affordable, reasonably priced wine bottles on the list. All the wine is overpriced and not enough at the right price level. And the very loud music at dinnertime...leave that to the club hours!Special Features:
- Need more reasonable priced wines!VIPDinerVIPDined on 3/1/2014Pros---great food, calamari, taquitos, Ezo Roll, and above all SERVICE Cons- few reasonable priced and/or interesting wine bottlesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not bad... but not my favoritejfafrommiamiDined on 2/14/2014Service was good, waitwrs were great and although the Sushi is a bit on the expensive side, this place is good for a night out every once in a while. If you want more reasonably priced sushi with the same hip vibe, check out Doraku In Mary Brickell Village. Sushi Samba is cool alternative to vary the scene every once in a while, but not my "go-to" place for sushi...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit so much betterFabulousVIPDined on 2/12/2014This was our second time at Sushisamba. The first visit was nothing exciting. My husband really did not want to even go back, but since we were having his favorite restaurant for dinner, he was willing to try again. We were pleasantly surprised how good our meals were. I had read on line how people had have bad service experiences, however, we had one of the best servers we have had in a long time. I admit I stereo type people by their looks. Our server did not look like we would receive good service. I am glad Jose with all his beautiful tattoos set me straight that looks can be deceiving. He was the most politely effective server we could have expected. The received the whole package: excellent service and delicious food.Special Features:
- Totally forgot we were there!!!MinasVIPDined on 1/31/2014We arrived with my wife about 10-15 minutes before our reservation time. The hostess (2 of them) informed us that we should wait for 10-15 minutes before they find a table for us. We had a drink at the bar waiting to be seated, and waited, and waited. We have been totally forgot..... We soon saw other people coming in, and being offered a table immediately. We went back to to the hostess about 40 minutes later to complaint, and she apologized and tried to find us a table, and finally we sit and ready to order. The server was very polite, and tried to assist, but in practice she forgot our order for drinks, and we had to remind her for a second time. It is a pity that Sushi Samba Coral Gables is not up to the standard of the Miami Beach one.
- Great Food. Amazing Service!ShesSavvyVIPDined on 1/31/2014My fiancé and I stopped by SushiSamba for lunch while we were in Coral Gables looking at wedding venues. We decided to sit outside and were immediately greeted by our waiter Gianni (sp). From the time he took our order, to the moment we left he was extremely attentive and quick to provide his tips on everything from what to order to which sauces were his favorite. My fiancé and I had the Bentos, he had the chicken teriyaki and I had the shrimp tempura. Both were delicious and were large portions. We look forward to our next trip to The Gables and stopping by SushiSamba for another wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicelizbVIPDined on 1/11/2014While we did enjoy the food the service was spotty at best. drinks took forever. It seemed like know one new where the food should go. I just think they need to get organized. It was not that busy,though I did get that as a answer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great alternative Sushi!!!foodieInMiamBeachVIPDined on 1/10/2014What a welcome addition to the standard fare in Coral Gables! Sushi Samba's food is superior; the service is wonderful and the atmosphere is super hip and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowedFlipmodeDined on 12/19/2013It's was amazing from the food down to the service. Everything that was recommended to us was accurate and true to taste. Definitely would go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointingchonDined on 12/7/2013Had been to Sushisamba at Miami Beach , of course is not hight end sushi but it's fun and different. The food execution at Sushisamba coralgables is bad, really bad, fried food are not crunchy or hot , they're greasy. Rolls are messy, compared to the one at the beach it's like a cheap imitation, owner should take charge of situation as the restaurant was praticly empty.
- Bad ServiceDisappointedDined on 11/23/2013Firs time to this location as I am a fan of the South Beach location. Bartenders were wonderful, but all the other staff lacks professionalism. Server spilled a pitcher a water on my back and purse, manager was oblivious to this and didn't offer an apology or compensation. Manager had every opportunity to make the siRestaurant wasn't that full and orders took very long. Hopefully restaurant reviews their management and helps improve service overall. We also had reservations for 8:30, and when we were finally seated they wanted to sit us by the entrance to the hotel. Young girl said it would take anywhere from 20-40 minutes to get a table in the main dining room area. She checked with other girl at front desk and there was a table available.
- Big Improvement Over South BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2013This restaurant is much better then the Sushii Samba on Lincoln Road. The decor is beautiful. The service is great. And the food is terrific. Stand out dishes included the lamb and the quinoa. My only complaint is that it is quite noisy, making it hard to communicate with your dining companions. Perhaps it is quieter outside. But the food is so good that I will be back, despite the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No spicy sauce necessaryVIPDinerVIPDined on 11/16/2013No spicy sauce necessary for the lobster or yellowtail taquitos...replace with a better sauceSpecial Features:
- Exceeded our expectationsPalmerParentsDined on 10/26/2013Japanese Peruvian Brazilian fusion? AWESOME!! Some of the best, most interesting flavors and presentation. Helpful, knowledgable service. Fantastic experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushi for MiamiMiamiMomVIPDined on 10/20/2013Sushi was okay - but we got 4 different types of rolls and honestly they all tasted the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improve the serviceFJB2VIPDined on 10/14/2013The food is superb. You need to improve the service, meaning you need to have somebody checking inside and outside what your clients needs. We have to wait to much to get our second course and the bill, and the restaurant was half full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad service.... TookSushiVIPDined on 10/10/2013Very bad service.... Took an hour to get our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lousy service.reviewerDined on 10/5/2013The food was really good and the server; when available, was very nice. However; it took more than half an hour for the appetizer to come out and it was not complete. That was after about 20 minutes waiting just to order drinks and water. The water never came until we requested it from another waiter and the glasses were warm and with no ice. One good thing was my drink was upgraded for free because they did not have what I had ordered. They attempted to charge us a $7 water bottle on the check. Overall it was OK, we were not in a hurry so the waiting did not affect us. The place was not really busy and it looked well staffed. It felt very disorganized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushisamba does not live up to hypesushisnobDined on 10/5/2013Sat at sushi bar; saw all the sushi rolls being "made." The guy just took pre-made rolls, slapped the toppings on, reshaped, cut, plated, and garnished them. Nothing was prepared to order. Service was fairly attentive, but we ordered sushi, they brought soy sauce, our order, but no soy sauce dishes. Had to wait. Chopsticks were nice. Ceviche portion was miniscule; sea bass was fishy. Place was full on Saturday, and too loud: we could not have a conversation. Orange accent colors were so vivid it made my eyes water, but the check was presented in a red folder. What? Missed it there. And the check...wow. I could have had three lunches at my favorite sushi bar not that far from here for the price of this just slightly better than Publix stuff.