Sushi Zushi of the Domain
3221 Feathergrass Court
Austin, TX 78758Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Sushi Zushi of the Domain
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sushizushi.com/
- Phone: 5128348100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Luis Ramirez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Convenient and Free To go and Delivery Service!
- Private Party Facilities: Sushi Zushi brings authentic and original interpretations of Japanese cuisine to the American palate by offering an extensive menu designed to satisfy everyone from sushi purists to adventurous diners. Our mission is to consistently deliver the most enjoyable dining experience to our guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Lopez 5128348100
A word from Sushi Zushi of the Domain
Sushi Zushi brings authentic and original interpretations of Japanese cuisine to the American palate by offering an extensive menu designed to satisfy everyone from sushi purists to adventurous diners. Through an intensive training program and a multi-cultural approach to business, Sushi Zushi’s environment fosters a highly attentive wait-staff and an inviting, modern atmosphere. The restaurants concept encourages diners to find their favorite dish, comfortably immerse themselves in a new cultural dining experience, and return with a little more knowledge about Japanese cuisine, culture and customs. Our mission is to consistently deliver the most enjoyable dining experience to our guests. Using a creative menu and a culturally-integrative approach, we make it easy and convenient for everyone to experience "the joy of sushi."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Sushi Zushi of the Domain - Best Restaurants in Northwest ›
Sushi Zushi of the Domain reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (16)romantic (10)neighborhood gem (9)special occasion (9)hot spot (7)good for groups (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- First Time FavoriteMaeQueenDined on 9/26/2014For those who love sushi, then Sushi Zushi will please your palate and tickle your wallet. Food Traditionalists may find the menu a bit restrictive. This is not really a place for children, as evidenced by the lack of a child's menu. However, the panko-friend chicken and chicken fried rice were superb! The lukewarm coffee promised to taste even better if served hot, and we were given a huge serving spoon and a gigantic carving knife to serve our birthday cake. The atmosphere is best suited for a lunch venue, as the minimalist decor is too stark for the evening dining experience. Easy parking, a wonderful staff, and reasonable prices helped make our birthday party a memorable event! KUDOS!Special Features:
- It's OKprettytexaslaceDined on 8/16/2014Nothing exceptional about this restaurant except the wait staff is very attentive and its in a location that's easy to get to when in the Domain. I actually prefer another sushi restaurant in the Domain over this one, but Sushi Zushi was near our hotel so we chose to come here. Again, the food was good, but nothing over the top. Give it a try.Special Features:
- So SoSANLEXDined on 8/15/2014Had better service on prior visits. Food was ok and waiter was ok. He must have been at the end of his shift, because we ended up with another one.Special Features:
- Great Sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014The selection of sushi at Sushi Zushi is huge! Two rolls and I'm stuffed! Today I tried the tempura veggies and they were great!Special Features:
- OaklawnetxgrlVIPDined on 8/12/2014The Oaklawn is my favorite roll. Pair it with salmon and escolar sashimi and you have a feast! YUM!Special Features:
- Good Japanese restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Very good specials and a good option for happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicemarkDined on 7/30/2014I was let down by how long it took to get food. There was no one at this location and it still took a while to get food. It was delicious but it took a long timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in AustinDavidVIPDined on 7/29/2014Love the sushi and the atmosphere at the Domain... Great people always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It'll doAnna22Dined on 7/29/2014Nice staff, tons of options. I feel the prices are way too high, though
- always exceptionalkirt66Dined on 7/15/2014Good food, good drinks, and good service. Never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAlongstreet1Dined on 7/15/2014Great sushi. Diamond roll is the best. Really good prices. Ask for Jerry!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place.SpiceIsNiceDined on 7/11/2014The atmosphere was quiet. The food and drink were delicious. A great place to explore new tastes and flavor combinations. The Serrano peppers in my drink and roll were just the right amount of spice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pricesvivianyungDined on 7/9/2014I wish there were more happy hour items, but decent prices and food for the Domain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good happy hourYummyDined on 6/20/2014The fact that they have an everyday happy hour is awesome! I think some of their regular prices menu options are a little pricey, but stick to the happy hour menu (not a ton of options), and you can get out cheap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No sushi for ussablattVIPDined on 6/15/2014We were very disappointed to get to our reservation at Sushi Zushi on time and be told we would have to wait at least 30 minutes for any sushi. The restaurant was almost empty, but they had taken a catering order that used up all their available sushi chefs. We ate some non-sushi food, but it was very disappointing. I think that given that they are primarily a sushi restaurant (sushi from their name), that they shouldn't accept catering orders that overwhelm their ability to continue to serve restaurant customers in a reasonable amount of time. I would have felt differently if it had been a very busy and crowded night.
- Happy Hour has nice dealsetxgrlVIPDined on 6/10/2014We enjoy the cocktails and Happy Hour prices make for a reasonable early dinner choice. The Mochi is quite yummy too!
- The following 223 reviews are from the Sushi Zushi of the Domain reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014i think they got a bit slammed for happy hour. took about 45mins to get our 1st round of sushi. waiter was great about it but food came out too slow for my liking
- Delicious evening!cgangeyDined on 5/9/2014We really enjoyed our early meal at Sushi Zushi at the Domain! We always look forward to dining there because the food is fresh and made beautifully and the staff is friendly, without exception. Homer was wonderful . . . which we always can count on. Thank you for kicking off Steve's Birthday weekend!Special Features:
- Good food and lots of choicesDomainWallyDined on 5/8/2014The menu is bit overwhelming, (Cheesecake Factoryof sushi) but the waiter was able to point out the highlights. The food tasted good and presented well. Great place to meet friends and share a variety of menu options.Special Features:
- Great Time!DMoneyDined on 5/3/2014My family and I had dinner last Saturday night for my youngest sons birthday. We had a great time! The food and service were over the top. Our experience was perfect for the evening. We will definitely return again soon for an awesome meal. Also, we will tell our family and friends about our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably good, LOTS of rolls!LollySVIPDined on 4/4/2014We've been here several times in the last few months. Nigiri is dependably good, if not particularly inventive. The vast selection of rolls seems to be their main focus. Too many feature cream cheese IMO but some have interesting ingredients (strawberries, kiwi, crawfish), and great sauces (LIR, Citrus Habañero). There are some great cocktails on the menu, not typical for casual sushi bars. Service over 6-7 visits has been good. Spicy edamame is yummy. Nice that they offer a number of riceless rolls, and rolls wrapped in soy paper. One downside, the happy hour food menu is disappointingly limited compared to nearby sushi restaurants which offer happy hours. Ambiance is pleasant. Great place for a quick bite before a movie.Special Features:
- a perfect go-tocrashleighannDined on 3/18/2014Sushi Zushi never lets me down. I'm utterly obsessed with their happy hour (everyday 3-7pm) and love that I can eat and drink for 2 for less than $25. It's almost ridiculous. :) The staff is always great, helpful, and on top of their tables. Food is ALWAYS delicious, fresh, and makes my mouth happy. The only downfall to this location is that it tends to get crowded and seems crammed in certain areas of the restaurant. The music also kinda irks my nerves, but if we get seated in a back private booth, I'm good to go. Did I mention they have a great glass of merlot? Well, they do. And it goes nicely with their chocolate molten cake dessert. Sushi Zushi is the perfect go-to spot in The Domain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ValueMrsMattyDined on 3/14/2014My husband and I visited Sushi Zushi during happy hour and were pleasantly surprised that they had some great deals on rolls, beer and sake. Our waiter, though attentive, seemed a bit overwhelmed and spread thin. Our food arrived in a timely manner, except for the do-over on the crawfish dynamite. We ordered fried crawfish and the initial delivery was boiled. We didn't have time to wait for the fried crawfish app. The dynamite apps have too much mayonnaise and I wouldn't recommend them. Overall, a pretty good experience and we will return.Special Features:
- Must sit at sushi barBevo62Dined on 3/13/2014Sit at the sushi bar and ask Carlos (sushi chef) what's good that day. He knows a ton of ways to make good rolls great and is really helpful. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food!CiscoDined on 3/7/2014There is a free parking garage right next to the restaurant. Excellent! We arrived to the restaurant about 10 min earlier but the table was ready and we were taken to the table right away. Fabulous! I loved Chirashi! Nice presentation and variety of seafood and others. I will order it again. Seems the service varies depending on which server you get. Ours was a lot slower than others but maybe he had more tables. Their banana dessert (forgot the name) was interesting idea and we loved it! Looking forward to try their other dishes :) Oh, and if you'll be a frequent customer, get their mileage card (kind of like a membership card)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a sushi snobYummyDined on 3/7/2014I thought their sushi was pretty good, but I'm not a sushi snob. There was a screaming child a couple tables down from us that finally got quiet a few minutes before we left. Other than that we had a good experience. Our server was nice, and our food and drinks came out quickly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay experience...Luv2TeachDined on 3/3/2014We love Sushi and were so excited to be eating here. There were A LOT of rolls, so if you are a roll person this place is for you! Our problem is that we don't eat rolls, just Nigiri Sushi. Their selection of Nigiri was not as large as we would have hoped. Their Nigiri Sushi sampler plate offered four types of fish and one of those was octopus. We weren't that thrilled about the octopus so we asked if we could sub it out for another fish and were told it would be at a $5 dollar charge. That was quite unexpected. We ended up getting two fish a la carte and just having that. The ambiance was nice and the noise level wasn't too loud. Service was acceptable. Not a terrible experience but this would not be somewhere we would venture to again.
- Most terrible sushi I've ever hadKaliVIPDined on 3/1/2014The only thing positive I can say about this place is that perhaps it's good to bring your kids to try sushi. But I don't have kids, and I eat sushi at least once a week. This was pricey and absolutely tasteless. We weren't upset when they forgot to bring us a dish we ordered.Special Features:
- Good food, but too casual and noisyjwouelletteDined on 2/15/2014The menu and food were good, but the clientele and atmosphere were too casual and noisy for our tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!TwinDuoDined on 2/15/2014Amazing Rolls that aren't very expensive. Perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is ok, but lacks creativityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014With new Austin sushi places excelling in creative dishes, Sushi Zushi is starting to feel dated. I like the place overall, but everytime I go I wish the kitchen would start taking some cues from Uchi, Uchiko, and Soto. I really hope they evolve...
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/20143-7pm half off specials. Well worth the early dinner. But don't wait 1 minute after 7 you won't get it. Good variety. Great ambiance. I'll go back again and again. Music was a little annoying. All you could hear was base. Music is really not needed. Noise level from crowd is more than enough noise.Special Features:
- Lots of sushi, reasonable pricesMikeDined on 2/14/2014They are always expanding the menu and experimenting with new flavors. Sushi Zushi has the largest variety of sushi that I have ever seen, and so much of it is really good. The gyoza are some of the best I've ever had. The service is top notch, and the prices are excellent. It's actually possible to have an amazing sushi dinner without breaking the bank. And on top of that, they have weekly specials and a sushi happy hour!Special Features:
- Pretty great sushiPBRGDined on 1/31/2014This place has a notable sake selection, with cold and hot varieties available. They also have an extensive selection of sushi and rolls. I would recommend this place to a friend staying in the Arboretum area, as it is close and easy to park. It is in the middle of a mall … that may deter some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The group loved itlikestotryneweateriesDined on 1/29/2014Brought a group of business co-workers visiting from out-of-town. They thoroughly enjoyed the plentiful choices from the menu, and what they each ordered. Vegans were also very satisfied. Overall, plenty of accolades from all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour FTW!hollyebDined on 1/29/2014Sushi Zushi's happy hour every day 4-7 pretty much makes life worth living. Great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but....MiloDined on 1/29/2014Went here with 5 others for lunch, food was great but service was severely lacking. Server was in the weeds from the time we sat down until he received help from management an hour and a 1/2 later. The weird thing was it wasn't busy at all while we were there. Any how we ordered an assortment of sushi rolls, soups and entrees and no one had a complaint about the flavor. There are only happy hour specials from 3pm - 6pm so make your reservations after work accordingly. I will try this place again because the food was good and fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour was funStephanieCDined on 1/25/2014Our server made the night - attentive, funny. I'm embarrassed I can't remember his name. We went with some happy hour standards like spicy tuna and spicy salmon and then tried the Dynamite roll (fantastic!) and Spurs roll (OK) and a little too much sake and Sapporo...Yes, we did have sake bombs. Overall left completely stuffed and would definitely return for a happy hour.Special Features:
- Great food, excellent serviceOver60dinerDined on 1/20/2014I will eat anything (and have), but my wife is another story (she refers to sushi as "fish bait"). Sushi Zushi satisfied us both with excellent food. My wife sampled my choices and was OK with them (she especially like the squid in the Seaweed Salad with Squid, and her Shrimp Tappanyaki was excellent as well. I especially loved the Tuna Shashimi, finding the Tuna flavorful, and the portion generous. The sauces and spiciness was nice and the service by Dion was excellent as well. An excellent experience (especially being seated in the "isolated" booth); we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the Best Sushi I've HadTreyVIPDined on 1/11/2014I enjoy sushi when I get the chance. I'll try anything once. MY wife, on the other hand, is not as adventurous as me. Even with that, we both found dishes we loved at Sushi Zushi. The waitress even suggested new dishes for me to try based off of what I was originally going to order. We will absolutely be making a second trip to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.