Sushi Zushi of Southlake
1420 E. Southlake Blvd
Southlake, TX 76092Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Sushi Zushi of Southlake
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sushizushi.com/
- Phone: 8173103191
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:30pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Luis Ramirez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Amy Dodd, General Manager.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Amy Dodd, General Manager.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Dodd 8173103191
A word from Sushi Zushi of Southlake
Dedicated to purists, adventurers and first-timers alike, Sushi Zushi balances Japanese roots with Latin American influences to create an expansive menu, far beyond the ordinary.Continued
Dine In • Take Out • Delivery
Dine In • Take Out • Delivery
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sushi Zushi of Southlake reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- JulieDined on 7/28/2014We chose Sushi Zushi for its unique menu-and it did not disappoint! Our server was extremely pleasant, and took great care of us. We appreciated her allowing us to take our time ordering-and providing helpful information along the way. We ordered the Salmon Tower, the Oaklawn Roll, as well as the Domain Roll-this one was exceptionally delicious. My husband and I enjoyed our first experience at Sushi Zushi and look forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but always slow servicesomewhereintxDined on 6/5/2014We've been here several times and the food is always great. They offer unique and creative rolls, and chirashi options you can't find many other places. The prices are in line with what you'd expect for sushi and sashimi in this area. The service however is soooooo sloooooow. We always have to wait and wait, and end up flagging someone random down for the check. Seriously 100% of the times this has happened. If you can get past that you're good. I've not had to do this at other restaurants, so I don't think it's my speed expectations being unreasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushibportierDined on 5/23/2014This location was a little hard to find due to the Trader Joes construction...but it well worth hunting for !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EverythingChefBakerDined on 5/17/2014All ingredients are Fresh just picked look, feel and taste. Fish is just like getting off the boat it was caught on kind of fresh. I go here very chance I get to enjoy the good service and quality of food.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday celebrationjaneden11Dined on 5/9/2014Our family went to Sushi Zushi for my husband's birthday and it was a great experience. From the minute we entered the restaurant to the time we left everyone was courteous and helpful. The drinks were divine and the food exceptional. This will not be the last time we visit. The menu is very extensive which is great and has many vegetarian options which we needed for three of the four of us. My husband got his favorite selection and was delighted with it. Thanks for making his birthday one to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New restaurant?OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/7/2014It felt like this restaurant had just opened and the staff wasn’t sure on what to do. It took FOREVER to get our food, and we had 3 or 4 different waiters the entire night. One didn’t know what the other one was doing. It wasn’t a bad experience at all, but I don’t know that we would go back when there are much better knowledgeable sushi places close by. Our waiter didn’t even tell us what all was in the sushi we were ordering. It was just an awkward night. Wait staff was very nice, but it didn’t feel like they knew what they were doing or how to run a restaurant.
- The following 63 reviews are from the Sushi Zushi of Southlake reviews archive.
- Huge birthday disappointmentRJ72VIPDined on 5/2/2014Service was slow and disorganized. Bar drinks took forever even though the restaurant was less than half full. Sushi was subpar. Will not return.Special Features:
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2014I have dined at the Sushi Zushi in Oaklawn prior to the relocation to Uptown but was unaware that there was a Southlake location until yesterday. A pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, Love Sushi ZushiNToshmanDined on 3/1/2014Our absolute fave! Cannot beat their daily Happy Hour Menu and Prices. The best food always and always great service!Special Features:
- Great night out as usualstavaresDined on 2/15/2014Great Japanese restaurant in Southlake. Dont miss the Cosimo roll!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of Sushi choices!LoveThatEelDined on 1/23/2014This was our first visit to Sushi Zushi, and we were not disappointed! There were so many choices of rolls, both specialty and by seafood type. Our favorites were the spicy choices (Toreado with scallops was the BEST), and the Dallas roll with the daikon radish was a nice surprise. Our waiter was perfect for this first visit. Michael was so knowledgeable about and offered some great suggestions including some we would never had thought to try! Sake choice was extensive - enjoy! While pricey (but that's sushi!), it was a very enjoyable, special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Business lunchAnghoughVIPDined on 1/13/2014They have every sushi and sashimi option. Too many options, as I've expressed before - their menu could easily be chopped in half. But, there are some great rolls that are crave-able. The Godzilla roll is just divine, making me wish for more stomach space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushiLondon2166Dined on 11/2/2013Fun atmosphere, priced reasonable Good wine selection Good service Attentive managerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Food Prepared CorrectlyChefBakerDined on 10/26/2013Food here is always an adventure of freshest catch and creative plating. The chefs are very skilled at what they do and will make you feel at home with their proper table service. I would also recommend this place over all the places I have eaten at in the metroplex for this style of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013Waiter gave us recommendatipns that we spot on. will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the variety of options!WinenutVIPDined on 9/1/2013The most impressive thing about this restaurant is the wide variety of options to choose from! It was a bit overwhelming at first but the manager helped up narrow it down, even offering things that were "off the menu". The sushi we had was very delicious and in combinations we had never had before. Our other items that were non-sushi were very enjoyable as well. Happy Hour is every night from 3-7pm so I would suggest going then to get discounts on appetizers and drinks! We are looking forward to going back and trying different items from the huge menu, because everything sounded so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi spot in Southlake!stavaresDined on 8/30/2013Everything we tried was great. My 5yo daughter loves their Miso Soup and now they also have kids menus, which is great for families. Their rolls are great, our favorite is the Cosimo. Very nice ambience with efficient and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceDavidDined on 8/10/2013Service was excellent and the food was excellent. It was a little hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi party was a hit!PartyPlannerDined on 8/8/2013I had never been to Sushi Zushi before, so I wasn't sure if the atmosphere would be conducive to a group celebration (mostly, I was concerned that we'd bother the other patrons!). However, the staff were super accommodating and friendly, even helping us set up some extra tables and decorations and taking photos for us throughout the evening. Our waitress was a gem, the food was wonderful--imaginative and fresh--and everyone who came to the party was talking about the experience for the rest of the weekend. I'd definitely plan a fun group dinner there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be coming backDine4CBRDined on 6/28/2013Our waitress was terrible, and that will be the main reason we won't come back. There are places with better sushi too. They were out of the wine I had ordered. Instead of asking or recommending something different she walked away and several minutes later then asked if I wanted something else. However there was only one other choice for that wine, so its not like I had many options. I over heard another table ordering food and they were out of what was needed for that. You cant run a restaurant on a Friday night and be out of so many things. When it came time to order our meal it took forever, and then getting our check our waitress was no where to be found. I had drank all of my water and my husbands without her coming over to refill it!
- Great Selection of SushiVictorDined on 5/12/2013My wife and I love sushi and this place has a very long list of options. The food was delicious and the restaurant is inviting. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, nice atmosphereJimlovesseafoodVIPDined on 4/4/2013Nice variety of different kinds of Japanese cuisine.Special Features:
- Great, creative food and drinks;OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2013Great, creative food and drinks; very extensive menu.Special Features:
- Love @ first bite!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Excellent wait staff recommendations for a wonderful Valentines dining experience!Special Features:
- one of the best sushi restaurantfoodievDined on 2/14/2013one of the best sushi restaurant in dallas. Most enjoyable atmosphere with variety of menu items. food taste good enough to come back and visit again for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushi. ExtensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Excellent sushi. Extensive menu. We totally enjoyed our Valentines dinner. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- The restaurant is very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013The restaurant is very nice. My husband had the sushi(raw fish) and he really enjoyed it; he said was one of the best sushi he had since we moved to Texas. We also had a tuna roll, a snow crab roll and a couple of the appetizers; they were below average. Our waiter wasn't great, but the manager was very ice, he checked on us several times asking how everything was; he tried to be accommodating when we mentioned that the rolls were below our expectations.Special Features:
- This restaurant was recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2013This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend and her recommendation was spot-on. Great attitude, friendly and knowledgeable servers, awesome ambiance, and just overall great restuarant.Special Features:
- The food and service hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2013The food and service here is awesome. Best sushi that I've had anywhere in DFW. Wait staff is outstanding, very good with recommendations and attentive. Only complaint is that it took over an hour just to get three sushi rolls. The wait time for sushi was unacceptable. I have been to this restaurant several times and its always a long wait for sushi rolls to be made and delivered..Special Features:
- We loved this restaurant!foodloverDined on 1/11/2013We loved this restaurant! They have a very extensive sushi menu. We asked our waiter (Brandyn) for recommendations. He was very knowledgeable about the menu. We took his suggestions and were not disappointed. We have tried other sushi restaurants in the metroplex and this was the best by far (so much better than Piranhas).Special Features:
- Quality FoodAnghoughVIPDined on 1/4/2013Excellent sushi... my friend and I enjoyed the food quality and the decor. Will come back very soon. Please, reduce the size of your menu. It's incredibly overwhelming. Reading a book, when I'd rather be eating.
- A Japanese Gem in Southlake1trialgirlDined on 12/22/2012One of the few Japanese restaurants to have an amazing variety of food offerings (e.g., curry rice, musubi, sparkling sake, etc.) Fresh ingredients and innovative rolls (e.g., riceless San Antonio roll) make it a restaurant that must be tried by those who enjoy and appreciate Japanese food. Terrific service and a hipe interior round out what is truly a gem of a dining destination in Southlake.Special Features:
- Great place for a birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012We had my mother-in-laws birthday dinner here on Saturday night and it was fantastic. We were seated in a side room and it gave us a quiet place to really visit and enjoy our time together. Michael was our server and was great. He was very attentive and offered several rolls and items that he enjoyed. We took him up on most of his recommendations and all of the food was outstanding. He also offered several different drinks which we all enjoyed as well.Special Features:
- The Abbreviated menu is no more.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2012Pleased to see the extensive menu has returned. Service was attentive with being overly-solicitous and GM kept an eye on overall dining room coordination. Better experience than previous visit.Special Features:
- Grrat sushi and service...impressivOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2012Sushi Zushi is our favorite place to have sushi so while we had family in town we had to treat them to sushi. As always, the food was incredible... Especially the Bora Bora roll and Strawberry roll. They have a great happy hour and we enjoyed a few rolls and drinks. The Blueberry Smash drink is a must try... Great flavor. The service was great and the manager stopped by to check on us several times.We are already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- On Its Way Down?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012Previous extensive menu has been sharply reduced to a two-sided laminated card. Some favorite "signature" rolls are not on the new menu. If one can remember the name of the discontinued roll, the kitchen will attempt to recreate but is not always able to accommodate. Service that used to be rather good seems to have deteriorated -- not sure if it was our server in particular or a reflection on the overall reduction in the experience. Suspect Southlake customers are not adequately patronizing this outpost and am apprehensive that it will cease to operate; NE Tarrant county restaurant patrons are seemingly not good judges of quality and unique cuisine.Special Features:
- We always have had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/1/2012We always have had a great experience at sushi sushi.
- The sushi is always freshOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2012The sushi is always fresh and great tasting. They have Happy hour specials which are greatSpecial Features:
- Extensive menu with somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2012Extensive menu with something for everyone, whether or not you like eating raw sushi. Sushi was creative and very fresh. Loved it all.Special Features:
- Very broad menu. Good sushi.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/16/2012Very broad menu. Good sushi. Overall a great experience.Special Features: