Sushi Zushi of 5th Street
1611 West 5th Street
Austin, TX 78703Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Sushi Zushi of 5th Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sushizushi.com/
- Phone: 512-474-7000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:30pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Luis Ramirez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: We have 2 large party rooms, please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Joe Ramos 512-474-7000
A word from Sushi Zushi of 5th Street
Coming Soon!“Sushi Zushi brings authentic and original interpretations of Japanese cuisine to the American palate by offering an extensive menu designed to satisfy everyone from sushi purists to adventurous diners. Through an intensive training program and a multi-cultural approach to business, Sushi Zushi's environment fosters a highly attentive wait-staff and an inviting, modern atmosphere. The restaurants concept encourages diners to find their favorite dish, comfortably immerse themselves in a new cultural dining experience, and return with a little more knowledge about Japanese cuisine, culture and customs.” Mission Statement: Our mission is to extend the enjoyment of the Sushi Zushi concept to the entire world. Using a creative menu and a culturally-integrative approach, we make it easy and convenient for everyone to experience "the joy of sushi."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Sushi Zushi of 5th Street - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Sushi Zushi of 5th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (7)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)special occasion (3)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- non-rice rolls were yummyEva0801VIPDined on 9/1/2014I am glad that there were some reasonably priced non-rice rolls on the menu. They were well made and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiYumYumInMyTumTumDined on 8/3/2014Love Sushi Zushi. Many choices and always fresh! We had dinner here before a concert and it was a wonderful start to the evening. Our waitress was very sweet and knowledgeable of the different sushi selections. We look forward to returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- sfboilerDined on 6/7/2014Terrible experience. I don't want to beg the server for drinks or food items. It was a miserable experience. ..I dont even know where the manager was? We had to keep asking whoever wasTerrible standing at the hosting stand to get what our server was missing
- The following 137 reviews are from the Sushi Zushi of 5th Street reviews archive.
- Not as good as other locationsEnjoynicediningDined on 5/18/2014I've eaten at two other locations several times: The Domain in Austin and in Dallas. Everything was better at those locations. The 5th St location in Austin wasn't as clean; they were understaffed which contributed to the slow service. Two of the rolls were rather small compared to the other two locations I've visited.
- Trust but verify your 1000pt reservRASMITH4088VIPDined on 5/15/2014I have been to this place on a few trips to Austin and each time I go there the food and drinks are great however each time there is a 1000point reservation the restaurant does not seem to want to honor these reservations. I arrived to the restuarant on time and within the guidelines for a 1000point reservation. The first time I was NOT awarded my 1000point reservation however this time I wanted my 1000 points and contacted OpenTable and I was awarded my points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Roll 真好吃JennyDined on 4/18/2014Sushi Zushi 的Sushi Roll 很有特色，提供很多其他處沒有的roll，而且美味，來這一定要試試他們家的美式Sushi Roll！Special Features:
- Sushi Zushi is the usual typeFrankDined on 4/12/2014Sushi Zushi is the usual type Austin Restaurant. Pretty good food with substandard service,. What Austin needs is a Japanese restaurant with Sukiyaki prepared at the table and a sit down Tepenyaki grill.Special Features:
- Pleasant but Super SlowCarolynVIPDined on 4/10/2014We came in for lunch. I am always happy with the sushi, which uses fresh, quality fish. My dining companion found her noodle dish so-so, but was looking for a low-cost lunch so she was satisfied. Our major concern is that the food, especially the sushi, appeared VERY slowly. Our server was nice and did his best, letting us know that sushi would likely take 20-30 minutes (the restaurant was 1/3 to 1/2 full). In the end, it was OVER 40 minutes before I got one maki roll and one hand roll. From here on out, we'll use the Domain location.
- Good Happy HourPai66VIPDined on 4/9/2014The prices are very reasonable for Happy Hour...I left very full, had two drinks, all for under $20.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkable attention to comfortjpotacoVIPDined on 2/26/2014We were seated at a great table that happened to be near a door that appeared to not be in use. About 15 minutes into our meal one of the customers decided to use it to pop out to smoke and use the phone. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but it was about 30 degrees outside. On his second trip out one of the employees rushed over to us and asked if we would like to move. We assured him we were fine, but I really appreciated his attention to our comfort.Special Features:
- All around good placeNandoDined on 2/19/2014Absolutely no complaints. Food was excellent and the server was very attentive to our needs and he even explained all of the drinks on the happy hour menu to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a bit of a faceliftSassyWineBellyVIPDined on 2/16/2014Sushi Zushi has never disappointed with their food, but at this point the restaurant needs some freshening up. It's bad when the menus are so dirty you don't really want to touch them. Our server was fine - a bit too casual for me, but he did his job well. Wish there were more signature rolls without cream cheese - seems like such a cheap filler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anthony IS the best!KnappykatDined on 2/12/2014My first time there and I loved it. I will definitely return. Food was beautiful and scrumptious, our waiter was attentive (I think he has esp) and the price was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible SushisrnaustinVIPDined on 1/22/2014If a sushi chef asked me what I would want in a perfect sushi roll it would be Sushi Zushi's Spy roll. So I didn't have to make it up myself Sushi Zushi already thought of it for me. Plus there is probably a dozen other items on the menu that are out of this world. Love the creative of their Sushi Chefs at Sushi Zushi. Love both Austin locations. The one in the Domain knows my dog by name and that he loves carrots, I don't even have to ask for water or the carrot they bring them out when we sit down. Love the care the servers take with the human and canine customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the sushi!TheMrs08Dined on 1/18/2014Had a rare date night out with my husband while someone watched our kids. We moved here from florida and I love sushi but have been so disappointed in finding a good sushi place here in austin until now! The sushi was delicious ! Ate until I was stuffed! Drinks were delicious had the black berry smash from the bar it was excellent. And service was awesome. This will be our regular sushi place!Special Features:
- Tasty but price menuFirstTimerDined on 1/17/2014Happy hour menu is good but rest of menu has many items that are over priced.Special Features:
- WonderfulKD524Dined on 1/13/2014Our waitress wasn't great but that is not the norm. Food and atmosphere is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific as always, thanks!MadameMarvelousDined on 1/12/2014Anthony was very attentive as was the other staff, the food was tasty and nicely presented. Sushi Zushi is our go-to place for a nice clean enjoyable meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour!CWduhDined on 12/31/2013This place has a wonderful happy hour for drinks and foodSpecial Features:
- Great for Lunch!calihorn4Dined on 12/12/2013I was a little surprised by the low ratings for this restaurant. My colleague and I came here for lunch and we had a good experience. We both got the chicken katsu (safe dish) and really liked it. We also got the pot stickers which were delicious. For the price, the food here is very reasonable and we will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timeKDJacobsonDined on 11/15/2013This is always our go to for a date night but it was also a hit with our toddler. We like the happy hour specials and the food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot handle large partiesOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/9/2013I go to sushi Zushi in the domain and in San Antonio all the time without issues. The one downtown messed up our orders and some food never came out and others had food when everyone was done eating and paying the bill. I never got a refill either. They simply are not trained to handle large parties. I also had to ask 3 times for them to check me in on open table. The domain location checks me in and by the time I get seated I already see it on my phone. It would take a lot for me to ever come back to this location.
- Great placeUSSROSSVIPDined on 10/22/2013Food takes a while which is OK if you have time. Make sure you plan accordingly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing specialKarlDined on 10/15/2013Coming from the sf bay it takes a lot to impress me in this category. overall over priced slow service for nothing special. not bad however, just nothing to write home about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotTheDiscerningLunchGuyDined on 10/9/2013Finding a lunch spot to talk with clients that is not terribly loud, but has good food can be difficult. Sushi Zushi is perfect for this. The waitstaff is attentive, you can have a conversation with other tables all around you and the menu selection offers something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed!Pai66VIPDined on 10/1/2013I usually just go there for Happy Hour, however, I was hungry for "dinner," so I ordered the salmon teppanyaki...absolutely delicious! And, quite a bit of food, with leftovers for lunch the next day. The hot saki was a nice accompaniment...which, during the time I went was still during happy hour (3-7) so was inexpensive.Special Features:
- Great SushiTomandBevDined on 9/28/2013The strawberry sushi roll looked fabulous and tasted even better. This is a MUST GO place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi at a great pricemrbenbwDined on 9/13/2013You would not head out to buy a Rolex with a Casio budget. Of course you can find a knock off in that price range but it will not leave you satisfied. The same goes with Sushi. That being said, the prices at Sushi Zushi are very reasonable and their sushi left my group very satisfied. The waiter recommended and we all highly approved of the following Rolls: Godzilla, Flaming, Cozimo, Awesome, and Cajun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection of sushi,BigFoodVIPDined on 8/6/2013Great selection of sushi, always fresh, with good combination of favors. The restaurant is clean and service is good.Special Features:
- Sushi fixHCHenryDined on 8/4/2013My husband and I were in Austin for the weekend and wanted some sushi. This place was close by so we tried it. It took a little longer than expected for our rolls but the food was really good. There were only two other tables there when we got there so I expected it to be quick. But I would absolutely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent quick sushiRosieATXVIPDined on 7/20/2013Sushi Zushi is a decent sushi restaurant. Our waiter was ok. He messed up one item on our order. On the other hand I'm gluten free and he tried to be as accommodating as possible with that. One thing the restaurant could do better is their gluten free menu, it has the items all listed on a page in the back but all of the descriptions of what the items are are in the front of the menu so you're flipping back and forth trying to find items and it can get very confusing. It might be good to just put all the descriptions in a totally separate menu for gluten free people.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2013Super extensive menu- we tried a variety of different foods- some that I had never seen on a Sushi menu before. The service was fabulous, happy hour menu perfect, drinks were creative and tasty. We will return over and over and over. Very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding sushi creationsMontomarVIPDined on 6/23/2013I definitely recommend Sushi Zushi for their amazing inventiveness in creating new takes on sushi. Their inspired rolls were absolutely delicious and artistically crafted in presentation. I recommend the Boston, Vegas and Ragin' Cajun as my family thoroughly enjoyed these exquisite rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st-timers loved it!FoodaholicVIPDined on 6/22/2013We've eaten plenty of sushi, both here in Austin as well as is other areas, and have probably never enjoyed our experience more than at Sushi Zushi. The service was helpful and attentive, and incredibly informative giving us great recommendations on food an beverage items to order. The beverages were addictive...and the food was impeccably prepared, tasty, colorful, and nicely presented. We will DEFINITELY be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- U just have to see it for yourselfSweetkatyVIPDined on 5/27/2013I've been to several places in town for sushi even the most expensive in the city. This place is by far the best. they have several choices of sushi options. No matter what you decided they all were amazing..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service with great foodAlaniadancerVIPDined on 5/24/2013I have many dietary restrictions, so dining out can be a challenge, and incredibly frustrating. Luckily, our server, and the kitchen at Sushi Zushi, surpassed our expectations and brought out everything exactly as ordered. The menu has pages and pages of rolls, which could be a little overwhelming, but which also provides something for everyone's taste. The quality of the sashimi was very good, and the cuts very thick for the price. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow. Wow. So many deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/21/2013Wow. Wow. So many delicious options. Will be going back soon. The food was fresh and very tasty with tons of options on the menu. Highly recommend. If you haven't been yet you are missing out. The Cosimo roll is to die for! And the coconut lemongrass sake is superb. Can't wait to go back. Lots of oldies but goodies as well as some unusual rolls.Special Features:
- The sushi here is always freshKevinVIPDined on 4/17/2013The sushi here is always fresh and delicious. They make three rolls without rice for those of you that are looking to cut down on the carbs.
- We went on a Friday eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013We went on a Friday evening for early dinner. The ambiance was average, a little strip mallish but nice. Our service was very good, the waiter timely and attentive. Decent wine list. Food was delivered well. The only unfortunate part about this sushi restaurant was the sushi. Every dish and every roll had so many ingredients or sauces or dipped and fried that they were a mish-mash of flavors. Sushi for people who don't care for sushi.
- Food was not even close toIronworkerDined on 3/8/2013Food was not even close to their usual superb quality. I order the same thing every time and they really blew it.Gyoza was burned and so was the Toreador Crawfish roll.Special Features: