2401 15th Street, Suite 80
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sushisasa.com/
- Phone: 3034337272
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Every Day 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Wayne Conwell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us directly regarding catering events.
- Cross Street: 15th and Platte
- Public Transit: Union Station (.5 miles follow walking bridges/through Common's Park to Platte St)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Thursday, Friday, & Saturday - Complimentary Valet located north/west side of the building.
Weekday evenings - Private lot available with over seventy five spots, located on the north/west side of the building.
Lunch is limited parking in shared lot. Street parking recommended.
A word from Sushi Sasa
Sushi Sasa is designed to offer Denver the opportunity to enjoy Traditional and "New Style" Japanese cuisine harmoniously beneath one roof. The seasonal, healthy, beautiful and affordable tasting menu compliments the fully functioning sushi bar bridging the gap between East coast innovation and West coast charm. Bilingual chefs man the sushi bar at the rear of the zen-like space and offer up exotic fish and produce from around the world with the heart of the cuisine remaining Japanese. With a wonderful sake and wine list and a cozy downstairs lounge, Sushi Sasa is a perfect place for a business lunch or a nice dinner with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sushi Sasa reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (78)special occasion (77)neighborhood gem (66)hot spot (51)romantic (42)good for groups (35)great for lunch (24)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Always a great experience!WELLTRAVELLEDDined on 10/18/2014This place NEVER disappoints. Food and service are exceptional and a great value for the dining experience. Manager is incredible, makes you feel like you are at a five star restaurant in NYC. Great attention to detail.Special Features:
- Great place as alwaysfoodloverDined on 10/11/2014Our waiter was awesome! He recommended awesome wine & dishes. Great food, great waitstaff, host went around to ask how the service was, great atmosphere. Never been unhappy here.Special Features:
- Inventive and elegantDenverbethVIPDined on 10/9/2014Sushi Sasa is a step above most sushi restaurants, offering both tasteful food and decor. Cool and minimalist but not at all cold, the atmosphere feels special but not pretentious. I've always had good service here and the nightly specials usually are inventive and delicious. Of course the fish is fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sasa sushiNorthstarbeetleDined on 10/7/2014Very enjoyable.. One of the best spots in denver for sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for my daughter's BirrhdaycoloradosteveDined on 10/7/2014It is becoming a tradition to celebrate family events at what we think is the best Sushi spot in Denver (sorry Sushi Den). The food is creative and impeccably sources.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little priceyLove2teachDined on 9/27/2014For the amount of food received, I thought it a little overpriced. We spent, collectively, over $140--for 3 people, and we walked away hungry. It was good, though. Definitely a special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service - TERRIBLE SEATING!SeatingDined on 9/24/2014I have visited Sushi Sasa more than 20 times and this time was by far the worst! They sat my wife and I in the back room and next to a converted table/busser-server station. Who puts a busser-server station within such close proximity to patrons at this price point? What a joke, lost a customer forever. I thought the purpose of Open Table was to assure a good seat...
- Great Sushi/SashiminiceplaceDined on 9/22/2014Best in town in my opinion... Great food and service - only the parking leaves a bit to be desired.Special Features:
- Love Sushi Sasa!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Great Atmosphere and the sushi is Superb. Love any restaurant with my name in it as well :)Special Features:
- sushi sasasushimeDined on 9/6/2014great atmosphere, however actual fish is lacking - of course, I'm comparing against sushi den, so, full disclosureSpecial Features:
- One of Denver's best2combsDined on 9/6/2014Food was wonderful. Service was the best. Jason took care of us and left nothin to want. Very $$$ but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!gpd9712Dined on 9/5/2014Recommended by a friend and we were NOT disappointed. The food was fresh and delicious! We will definitely be back. Thank you!Special Features:
- Delicious!meg303Dined on 9/5/2014The sushi and appetizers were absolutely phenomenal. We ordered the grilled artichoke and shiromiso to start and then a mix of sashimi and maki. The fish was fresh and flavorful and the artichoke was out of this world. If I lived in Denver, I would eat here at least once a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon tartare rollOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Get it! We started with the grilled artichoke and moved on to A LOT of sushi. It was all delicious but the salmon tartare roll really stood out. Our only complaint was that our nigiri came about 20 minutes after our sushi rolls (even after 2 people said "they were on their way"). Otherwise, an awesome dinner.Special Features:
- Spectacular!ReeZeeDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I finally decided to try Sushi Sasa out after we could not get a reservation at another local hot sushi spot. We were amazed at the quality of the food, the service and the location itself - valet parking is provided, so that part was great as well. We are sushi snobs.......and this met every expectation and surpassed our hopes. We will be back all the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group LunchMrMinerDined on 8/30/2014Every Labor Day for the past 4 years a group of 10-12 have gone for lunch before the shows in Commerce City. We always get great food and service and is truly a lunch we look forward too each year. Thanks!Special Features:
- Best sushi in DenverlabmomDined on 8/29/2014Restaurant has a nice relaxing ambiance, and is quiet to carry on conversations. Our table ordered most items on the menu, and every item from sushi to tempura to soup was spectacular! The servers were also very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Great FoodFoodie4lifeVIPDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I had a very nice meal. We love Sashimi / Sushi and Sushi Sasa had really nice fresh fish. They will also substitute brown for white rice for a nominal fee.Special Features:
- Friend get togetherMikeDDined on 8/23/2014My GF and I have been to Sushi Sasa a few times before and have never been disappointed. This time we met a friend for dinner and was a little surprised at how the menu has changed. Some good changes, some not so great. First was the change to the prepared food menu - some really good choices have been added and they were very flavorful. Downside was the portions were ridiculously small for the price. Most notably was the Filet Mignon Bento box. For $24 you only get about 2 ounces of beef (in tiny cubes) and not a whole lot else except a standard sized bowl of rice and small pieces of red pepper, mushroom and onion - ON A SKEWER. IMO that is not a Bento box. Second - the sushi menu has changed considerably with fewer choices but still good.Special Features:
- Sushi Sasa - De-Lish!LivingLoDoDined on 8/23/2014I would recommend the Diablo roll. Service was great! Drinks are super expensive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi sasa is Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Great sushi and sashimi. great ambiance and serviceSpecial Features:
- Always great sushiEvergreenDinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Whenever we're in the mood for great sushi, we head to Sushi Sasa. The sushi and rolls are exceptional as are their salads and cocktails.Special Features:
- basementBBenderDined on 8/22/2014Since we had a group of 7 - it felt like we were eating in a dungeon after two flights of stairs down. Food was great and service was attentive.Special Features:
- Meh, poorly rolled sushinonfoodieDined on 8/16/2014The place was packed but luckily we had a reservation and they were able to seat us right away. The service was very slow, my dish came out after my dining party was nearly 1/2 way finished with their meals. We had four rolls at the table and each one was rolled such that the pieces fell apart when we tried to pick them up. The sushi combos seemed to the best choice with lots of options and excellent presentation (not to mention they came out about 10minutes before any sushi rolls). There was about a 30 minute wait from order to delivery of the first dish which is unusual in a sushi restaurant, in my experience. I've had better sushi and better service so just, meh.
- Excellent food, fantastic ServicesushimonsterDined on 8/16/2014We ate with you last Saturday and everything was fantastic. The service was far beyond anything I expected and it really made the night for me. Thanks!Special Features:
- Just ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Service was awesome. Our waiter was so attentive and nice even with explaining various things we did not know about on the menu. He also recommended a snow grab sushi with caviar...incredible. I will return to this restaurant as soon as I can it is one of my new favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sushibjpattyDined on 8/15/2014The interiors and agreement dining areas each have their own atmosphere, very simple and sophisticated. Their rolls are quite simply, awesome. Parking the the neighborhood had always been pretty easy and reserving a table through open table makes it super simple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFunsizeworldDined on 8/14/2014Always amazing The service from the host stand on is great and it has a neighborhood feel where they remember you at the sushi bar and you can tell the staff loves working there. The food has been consistently fantastic every time and I crave it always. I save up for weeks to go as much as possible. One of the best sushi places in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Sushi ExperienceMyFoodOpinionDined on 8/8/2014As good as we have found in Denver (and my wife is from Japan)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Sasa is Fantastic!!!!!!SushiLoverDined on 8/7/2014I go to Sushi Sasa every time I'm in Denver. It is the BEST SUSHI in Denver. If you like extradordinary Sushi, this is the place. if you just like Rolls, it is great as well. Sushi Sasa is the place to go to expand your Sushi tastes. Try something different, you will love it.Special Features:
- sushilovers25Dined on 8/7/2014We have been to Sushi Sasa before and have always been very pleased with the food and the service. This time we were particularly pleased with our server Nathan. He was very attentive and helpful with our choices. All of this made for a delightful evening. We will return of course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favsPoreoDined on 8/6/2014The sushi is as fresh as you can get in Denver. We ordered a combination of sushi, sashimi and nigiri which was perfect for our group of five and was fantastic. We didn't care for the chocolate mousse but the the lemon cheesecake was delicious. Service was on point. The evening was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!BeeHoneyDined on 8/6/2014Everything was delicious! A bit pricey, but hey, it's sushi. I wouldn't want to go to a cheap sushi restaurant for fear they have skimped on the quality or freshness of the fish. Dishes are creative but still respects the tradition of sushi by not going too avant garde or weird. The presentation is beautiful. I am pretty picky about sushi and there aren't many places in Denver I would return to after one visit. This is one restaurant I will absolutely revisit again and again!Special Features:
- Great sushi night!MichaelVIPDined on 7/28/2014We were staying in Denver for a couple of nights, and I wanted good sushi. I saw Westword's list of top 10 sushi places. Sushi Den was #2--I've already been there a few times. Most of the other spots seemed to be in strip malls--probably very good, but I wanted more than a strip mall location. This place was rated #1. And, IMHO, it deserves the ranking. Great food, interesting choices. It was a great sushi night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014This is by far the best sushi in Denver with a prime location and wonderful atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in townSushservDined on 7/26/2014Amazing sushi , not so good service. The price is good and the chefs are quick and professional. Out waiter wasn't very good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really inadequate serviceDWS1VIPDined on 7/25/2014I had looked forward to dining at Sushi Sasa. The experience was marred by mediocre/bad service. I have always been forgiving of wait staff. But this evening it was almost funny how much was gotten wrong. We ordered a bottle of Saki only to have our waiter return to let us know it was unavailable. We ordered a second bottle. Again he returned to let us know that that was also unavailable. When our third choice was delivered it was not cold and he didn't pour it. The first appetizer was delivered (a delicious sushi dish) but it arrived without the rice crackers which took a long time to get. And so it went. None of the subsequent courses came with an associated narrative. I felt the waitstaff did not know the menu.
- First Sushi ExperienceMichnmakDined on 7/12/2014This was a birthday dinner for my cousin......this is her favorite restaurant. It was wonderful....tried the Sea Bass and a Dragon roll, which was perfect for a newby.....Special Features:
- Great spotDPRBreckDined on 7/11/2014It's not your typical sushi place, no cats with arms swinging, no photos of sushi, and definitely no boats. I'd say this place keeps pace with Sushi Den as one of the best in Denver. Skip Hapa and it's bro crowd, and bring a date to this place. I wouldn't say t-shirt and shorts, this place has white table cloths and a very clean and spartan atmosphere, which I think makes it feel a little calm if not bland. But the food takes over from there. Highly recommend letting the staff guide you on the best choices. It is expensive but worth it. $100 for two, but being used to paying ridiculous prices for average food and sushi in Breck, I'm okay with that. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great specialsFoodieDined on 7/11/2014In addition to doing all the basics well, Sushi Sasa also features specials of less commonly found sushi. All were prepared perfectly.