2401 15th Street, Suite 80
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sushisasa.com/
- Phone: (303) 433-7272
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Every Day 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Wayne Conwell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us directly regarding catering events.
- Cross Street: 15th and Platte
- Public Transit: Union Station (.5 miles follow walking bridges/through Common's Park to Platte St)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Thursday, Friday, & Saturday - Complimentary Valet located north/west side of the building.
Weekday evenings - Private lot available with over seventy five spots, located on the north/west side of the building.
Lunch is limited parking in shared lot. Street parking recommended.
A word from Sushi Sasa
Sushi Sasa is designed to offer Denver the opportunity to enjoy Traditional and "New Style" Japanese cuisine harmoniously beneath one roof. The seasonal, healthy, beautiful and affordable tasting menu compliments the fully functioning sushi bar bridging the gap between East coast innovation and West coast charm. Bilingual chefs man the sushi bar at the rear of the zen-like space and offer up exotic fish and produce from around the world with the heart of the cuisine remaining Japanese. With a wonderful sake and wine list and a cozy downstairs lounge, Sushi Sasa is a perfect place for a business lunch or a nice dinner with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sushi Sasa reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (86)special occasion (72)neighborhood gem (67)hot spot (47)romantic (37)good for groups (36)great for lunch (18)late-night find (7)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014Friend recommended I go here for date night...we sat at the sushi bar with zeus and met a couple who dined there regularly and helped us out. Everything was fantastic...food, sushi chef, and atmosphere. Definitely my new favorite sushi spot in denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-price sushiJackDined on 11/21/2014I'm still looking to find a replacement for the best sushi place, Sushi Den. This is NOT it. It was way over-priced and the service was poor. Our waitress left for the night without even saying good-bye. Our tab wasn't even closed and we saw her making an exit. We ordered appetizers, which came, but waited another 30 minutes before the sushi came out. We were actually getting hungry again while we waited for the sushi. Nearly all of the sushi rolls were made with a hint wasabi - which I didn't appreciate. Only the fatty tuna and the sea urchin tasted delicious.
- Great Dinner!HDenverDined on 11/15/2014We went to Sushi Sasa for a birthday celebration. Food was amazing and service was great. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in DenverEat2liveDined on 11/10/2014This place is so fresh and delicious! Chef Jesus is a culinary artist. I would not go anywhere else in Denver for Japanese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014This is an awesome sushi place for people that love trying different styles of sushi. The attention is superb, the food is great and the site is very modern and upbeat. Would recommend. Only minor issue is that the noise level was a little high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 5 Sushi in DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Great sushi, classy atmosphere, and reasonable prices (in the sushi frame of reference). We had the diablo roll, lobster tempura roll, and YJC roll. All were delicious and well-prepared. The staff was professional, but attentive, even offering sake recommendations. Denver is not a fresh fish mecca, but this place does alright. Recommended.Special Features:
- Best sushi in Denver.ChrisVIPDined on 11/1/2014Sushi Sasa continues to deliver. Consistency, creativity, freshness and a true food adventure every time. The staff and chefs are always very friendly and helpful. I recommend Sushi Sasa to many people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic sushiJmldenverDined on 11/1/2014We dined here with our 8 year old daughter. She loved it and we loved the fact that they cater to the gluten free family extremely well. The Diablo Roll is top 5 all time sushi roll.Special Features:
- Bad Attitude from the starteperryDined on 11/1/2014The host who seated had a bad attitude from the start. My wife and I made reservations online for two. I didn't realize that your only option is to sit on a long bench seat type seating for two with another couple within 2 feet. In the future she should have given us some options to make that choice as she stated that you all have 3 separate rooms. For a couple looking to talk privately or have a quiet dinner, this is not the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find for out of townersSearcemnVIPDined on 10/31/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Sushi Sasi very much. I loved the ambience in the far room - very serene and elegant. We did not sample a lot of sushi - had one roll which was great. Really loved the grilled artichoke app and all three of us had noodle soups which were delicious Service was very attentive and friendlySpecial Features:
- The best sushi in DenverMaryamVIPDined on 10/26/2014The sushi was very tasty and incredibly fresh. A must go for sushi lovers visiting Denver. I truly enjoyed the Edamame with Garlic and pepper, Dragon rolls and Diablo Rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REALLY good sushi!lesleygothDined on 10/25/2014great sushi and great flavor! Fish was fresh and delicious and the sake was my favorite. Wish they had more fun rolls but overall, a great experience!Special Features:
- Nothing specialBarticDined on 10/25/2014It's an ok place to have a quick bite. Good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!WELLTRAVELLEDVIPDined on 10/18/2014This place NEVER disappoints. Food and service are exceptional and a great value for the dining experience. Manager is incredible, makes you feel like you are at a five star restaurant in NYC. Great attention to detail.Special Features:
- Great place as alwaysfoodloverDined on 10/11/2014Our waiter was awesome! He recommended awesome wine & dishes. Great food, great waitstaff, host went around to ask how the service was, great atmosphere. Never been unhappy here.Special Features:
- Inventive and elegantDenverbethVIPDined on 10/9/2014Sushi Sasa is a step above most sushi restaurants, offering both tasteful food and decor. Cool and minimalist but not at all cold, the atmosphere feels special but not pretentious. I've always had good service here and the nightly specials usually are inventive and delicious. Of course the fish is fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sasa sushiNorthstarbeetleDined on 10/7/2014Very enjoyable.. One of the best spots in denver for sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for my daughter's BirrhdaycoloradosteveVIPDined on 10/7/2014It is becoming a tradition to celebrate family events at what we think is the best Sushi spot in Denver (sorry Sushi Den). The food is creative and impeccably sources.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little priceyLove2teachDined on 9/27/2014For the amount of food received, I thought it a little overpriced. We spent, collectively, over $140--for 3 people, and we walked away hungry. It was good, though. Definitely a special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service - TERRIBLE SEATING!SeatingDined on 9/24/2014I have visited Sushi Sasa more than 20 times and this time was by far the worst! They sat my wife and I in the back room and next to a converted table/busser-server station. Who puts a busser-server station within such close proximity to patrons at this price point? What a joke, lost a customer forever. I thought the purpose of Open Table was to assure a good seat...
- Great Sushi/SashiminiceplaceDined on 9/22/2014Best in town in my opinion... Great food and service - only the parking leaves a bit to be desired.Special Features:
- Love Sushi Sasa!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Great Atmosphere and the sushi is Superb. Love any restaurant with my name in it as well :)Special Features:
- sushi sasasushimeDined on 9/6/2014great atmosphere, however actual fish is lacking - of course, I'm comparing against sushi den, so, full disclosureSpecial Features:
- One of Denver's best2combsDined on 9/6/2014Food was wonderful. Service was the best. Jason took care of us and left nothin to want. Very $$$ but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!gpd9712Dined on 9/5/2014Recommended by a friend and we were NOT disappointed. The food was fresh and delicious! We will definitely be back. Thank you!Special Features:
- Delicious!meg303Dined on 9/5/2014The sushi and appetizers were absolutely phenomenal. We ordered the grilled artichoke and shiromiso to start and then a mix of sashimi and maki. The fish was fresh and flavorful and the artichoke was out of this world. If I lived in Denver, I would eat here at least once a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon tartare rollOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Get it! We started with the grilled artichoke and moved on to A LOT of sushi. It was all delicious but the salmon tartare roll really stood out. Our only complaint was that our nigiri came about 20 minutes after our sushi rolls (even after 2 people said "they were on their way"). Otherwise, an awesome dinner.Special Features:
- Spectacular!ReeZeeDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I finally decided to try Sushi Sasa out after we could not get a reservation at another local hot sushi spot. We were amazed at the quality of the food, the service and the location itself - valet parking is provided, so that part was great as well. We are sushi snobs.......and this met every expectation and surpassed our hopes. We will be back all the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group LunchMrMinerDined on 8/30/2014Every Labor Day for the past 4 years a group of 10-12 have gone for lunch before the shows in Commerce City. We always get great food and service and is truly a lunch we look forward too each year. Thanks!Special Features:
- Best sushi in DenverlabmomDined on 8/29/2014Restaurant has a nice relaxing ambiance, and is quiet to carry on conversations. Our table ordered most items on the menu, and every item from sushi to tempura to soup was spectacular! The servers were also very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Great FoodFoodie4lifeVIPDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I had a very nice meal. We love Sashimi / Sushi and Sushi Sasa had really nice fresh fish. They will also substitute brown for white rice for a nominal fee.Special Features:
- Friend get togetherMikeDDined on 8/23/2014My GF and I have been to Sushi Sasa a few times before and have never been disappointed. This time we met a friend for dinner and was a little surprised at how the menu has changed. Some good changes, some not so great. First was the change to the prepared food menu - some really good choices have been added and they were very flavorful. Downside was the portions were ridiculously small for the price. Most notably was the Filet Mignon Bento box. For $24 you only get about 2 ounces of beef (in tiny cubes) and not a whole lot else except a standard sized bowl of rice and small pieces of red pepper, mushroom and onion - ON A SKEWER. IMO that is not a Bento box. Second - the sushi menu has changed considerably with fewer choices but still good.Special Features:
- Sushi Sasa - De-Lish!LivingLoDoDined on 8/23/2014I would recommend the Diablo roll. Service was great! Drinks are super expensive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi sasa is Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Great sushi and sashimi. great ambiance and serviceSpecial Features:
- Always great sushiEvergreenDinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Whenever we're in the mood for great sushi, we head to Sushi Sasa. The sushi and rolls are exceptional as are their salads and cocktails.Special Features:
- basementBBenderDined on 8/22/2014Since we had a group of 7 - it felt like we were eating in a dungeon after two flights of stairs down. Food was great and service was attentive.Special Features:
- Meh, poorly rolled sushinonfoodieDined on 8/16/2014The place was packed but luckily we had a reservation and they were able to seat us right away. The service was very slow, my dish came out after my dining party was nearly 1/2 way finished with their meals. We had four rolls at the table and each one was rolled such that the pieces fell apart when we tried to pick them up. The sushi combos seemed to the best choice with lots of options and excellent presentation (not to mention they came out about 10minutes before any sushi rolls). There was about a 30 minute wait from order to delivery of the first dish which is unusual in a sushi restaurant, in my experience. I've had better sushi and better service so just, meh.
- Excellent food, fantastic ServicesushimonsterDined on 8/16/2014We ate with you last Saturday and everything was fantastic. The service was far beyond anything I expected and it really made the night for me. Thanks!Special Features:
- Just ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Service was awesome. Our waiter was so attentive and nice even with explaining various things we did not know about on the menu. He also recommended a snow grab sushi with caviar...incredible. I will return to this restaurant as soon as I can it is one of my new favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sushibjpattyDined on 8/15/2014The interiors and agreement dining areas each have their own atmosphere, very simple and sophisticated. Their rolls are quite simply, awesome. Parking the the neighborhood had always been pretty easy and reserving a table through open table makes it super simple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.