2401 15th Street, Suite 80
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sushisasa.com/
- Phone: 3034337272
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Every Day 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Wayne Conwell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us directly regarding catering events.
- Cross Street: 15th and Platte
- Public Transit: Union Station (.5 miles follow walking bridges/through Common's Park to Platte St)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Thursday, Friday, & Saturday - Complimentary Valet located north/west side of the building.
Weekday evenings - Private lot available with over seventy five spots, located on the north/west side of the building.
Lunch is limited parking in shared lot. Street parking recommended.
A word from Sushi Sasa
Sushi Sasa is designed to offer Denver the opportunity to enjoy Traditional and "New Style" Japanese cuisine harmoniously beneath one roof. The seasonal, healthy, beautiful and affordable tasting menu compliments the fully functioning sushi bar bridging the gap between East coast innovation and West coast charm. Bilingual chefs man the sushi bar at the rear of the zen-like space and offer up exotic fish and produce from around the world with the heart of the cuisine remaining Japanese. With a wonderful sake and wine list and a cozy downstairs lounge, Sushi Sasa is a perfect place for a business lunch or a nice dinner with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Sushi Sasa - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Sushi Sasa reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)fit for foodies (76)neighborhood gem (61)romantic (59)hot spot (41)good for groups (32)great for lunch (25)late-night find (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I had a very nice meal. We love Sashimi / Sushi and Sushi Sasa had really nice fresh fish. They will also substitute brown for white rice for a nominal fee.Special Features:
- Friend get togetherMikeDDined on 8/23/2014My GF and I have been to Sushi Sasa a few times before and have never been disappointed. This time we met a friend for dinner and was a little surprised at how the menu has changed. Some good changes, some not so great. First was the change to the prepared food menu - some really good choices have been added and they were very flavorful. Downside was the portions were ridiculously small for the price. Most notably was the Filet Mignon Bento box. For $24 you only get about 2 ounces of beef (in tiny cubes) and not a whole lot else except a standard sized bowl of rice and small pieces of red pepper, mushroom and onion - ON A SKEWER. IMO that is not a Bento box. Second - the sushi menu has changed considerably with fewer choices but still good.Special Features:
- Sushi Sasa - De-Lish!LivingLoDoDined on 8/23/2014I would recommend the Diablo roll. Service was great! Drinks are super expensive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi sasa is Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Great sushi and sashimi. great ambiance and serviceSpecial Features:
- Always great sushiEvergreenDinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Whenever we're in the mood for great sushi, we head to Sushi Sasa. The sushi and rolls are exceptional as are their salads and cocktails.Special Features:
- basementBBenderDined on 8/22/2014Since we had a group of 7 - it felt like we were eating in a dungeon after two flights of stairs down. Food was great and service was attentive.Special Features:
- Meh, poorly rolled sushinonfoodieDined on 8/16/2014The place was packed but luckily we had a reservation and they were able to seat us right away. The service was very slow, my dish came out after my dining party was nearly 1/2 way finished with their meals. We had four rolls at the table and each one was rolled such that the pieces fell apart when we tried to pick them up. The sushi combos seemed to the best choice with lots of options and excellent presentation (not to mention they came out about 10minutes before any sushi rolls). There was about a 30 minute wait from order to delivery of the first dish which is unusual in a sushi restaurant, in my experience. I've had better sushi and better service so just, meh.
- Excellent food, fantastic ServicesushimonsterDined on 8/16/2014We ate with you last Saturday and everything was fantastic. The service was far beyond anything I expected and it really made the night for me. Thanks!Special Features:
- Just ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Service was awesome. Our waiter was so attentive and nice even with explaining various things we did not know about on the menu. He also recommended a snow grab sushi with caviar...incredible. I will return to this restaurant as soon as I can it is one of my new favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sushibjpattyDined on 8/15/2014The interiors and agreement dining areas each have their own atmosphere, very simple and sophisticated. Their rolls are quite simply, awesome. Parking the the neighborhood had always been pretty easy and reserving a table through open table makes it super simple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFunsizeworldDined on 8/14/2014Always amazing The service from the host stand on is great and it has a neighborhood feel where they remember you at the sushi bar and you can tell the staff loves working there. The food has been consistently fantastic every time and I crave it always. I save up for weeks to go as much as possible. One of the best sushi places in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Sushi ExperienceMyFoodOpinionDined on 8/8/2014As good as we have found in Denver (and my wife is from Japan)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Sasa is Fantastic!!!!!!SushiLoverDined on 8/7/2014I go to Sushi Sasa every time I'm in Denver. It is the BEST SUSHI in Denver. If you like extradordinary Sushi, this is the place. if you just like Rolls, it is great as well. Sushi Sasa is the place to go to expand your Sushi tastes. Try something different, you will love it.Special Features:
- sushilovers25Dined on 8/7/2014We have been to Sushi Sasa before and have always been very pleased with the food and the service. This time we were particularly pleased with our server Nathan. He was very attentive and helpful with our choices. All of this made for a delightful evening. We will return of course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favsPoreoDined on 8/6/2014The sushi is as fresh as you can get in Denver. We ordered a combination of sushi, sashimi and nigiri which was perfect for our group of five and was fantastic. We didn't care for the chocolate mousse but the the lemon cheesecake was delicious. Service was on point. The evening was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi night!MichaelVIPDined on 7/28/2014We were staying in Denver for a couple of nights, and I wanted good sushi. I saw Westword's list of top 10 sushi places. Sushi Den was #2--I've already been there a few times. Most of the other spots seemed to be in strip malls--probably very good, but I wanted more than a strip mall location. This place was rated #1. And, IMHO, it deserves the ranking. Great food, interesting choices. It was a great sushi night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014This is by far the best sushi in Denver with a prime location and wonderful atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in townSushservDined on 7/26/2014Amazing sushi , not so good service. The price is good and the chefs are quick and professional. Out waiter wasn't very good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really inadequate serviceDWS1VIPDined on 7/25/2014I had looked forward to dining at Sushi Sasa. The experience was marred by mediocre/bad service. I have always been forgiving of wait staff. But this evening it was almost funny how much was gotten wrong. We ordered a bottle of Saki only to have our waiter return to let us know it was unavailable. We ordered a second bottle. Again he returned to let us know that that was also unavailable. When our third choice was delivered it was not cold and he didn't pour it. The first appetizer was delivered (a delicious sushi dish) but it arrived without the rice crackers which took a long time to get. And so it went. None of the subsequent courses came with an associated narrative. I felt the waitstaff did not know the menu.
- First Sushi ExperienceMichnmakDined on 7/12/2014This was a birthday dinner for my cousin......this is her favorite restaurant. It was wonderful....tried the Sea Bass and a Dragon roll, which was perfect for a newby.....Special Features:
- Great spotDPRBreckDined on 7/11/2014It's not your typical sushi place, no cats with arms swinging, no photos of sushi, and definitely no boats. I'd say this place keeps pace with Sushi Den as one of the best in Denver. Skip Hapa and it's bro crowd, and bring a date to this place. I wouldn't say t-shirt and shorts, this place has white table cloths and a very clean and spartan atmosphere, which I think makes it feel a little calm if not bland. But the food takes over from there. Highly recommend letting the staff guide you on the best choices. It is expensive but worth it. $100 for two, but being used to paying ridiculous prices for average food and sushi in Breck, I'm okay with that. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great specialsFoodieDined on 7/11/2014In addition to doing all the basics well, Sushi Sasa also features specials of less commonly found sushi. All were prepared perfectly.
- Great time!Rojas27Dined on 7/11/2014This was the second time at Sushi Sasa and it was amazing! The sushi is delicious our family from out of town said it was the best sushi they have ever had!! Awesome service as well. Defiantly one of our favorite spots!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Sasa is always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014The food was incredible as always! However, the service was not as good as it normally is. The sushi came out at the same time as our salads, we had to wait several minutes for extra utensils and our after dinner drinks were completely forgotten about. We love Sushi Sasa overall and hope the subpar service was just a fluke.Special Features:
- Great Food and Great ServicecheesteaknfriesDined on 7/7/2014It's always been a great experience to dine at Sushi Sasa - food is always delicious and the staff is really awesome! I think this is the best sushi restaurant in town.Special Features:
- DelishnicknameDined on 7/5/2014Great date night spot, great sushi, but uncomfortable seats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi for a land locked stateIdamanDined on 7/5/2014Delicious sushi, fresh fish , great wait staff and excellent front of house service . Salmon , yellowtail and stripped bass amazing . The macho sauce mixed with their take on a blonde eel sauce was a fantastic addition for rolls . The traditional miso seemed to have a hint of smokiness which suggest the use of homemade fish sauce possibly a bi-product of their in house smoked copper basin salmon . Light dessert options are a delightful way to end such a fine meal . It's difficult for most restaurants to execute a meal so flawlessly . Every time I return to denver sushi sasa will be in my opentable app. Reservations were painless and the area was friendly and buzzing . -Cheers IdamanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2014Our lunch was just what we needed after flying from NC. Stefan provided great service. The sashimi sushi was some of the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Unintentionally 3-course mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014Had heard good things about this restaurant so made the drive to check it out. Table of 3. Our orders came out in 3 separate deliveries. Separated by 15-20 mins each. Service was spotty. Large booth filled up next to our small table taking the noise level up to a bothersome level. Sushi was not great either. Sushi Den's is much better but noise level there is worse. Won't be coming back.
- delightful!drewbullDined on 6/27/2014while my service has never really been extraordinary at sasa, the food always has. the lighting suits a romantic dinner. most of the food is romantic in your mouth. don't pass on this spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Sushi SasaCkolla18Dined on 6/26/2014I frequent this place!! Great sushi, great ambiance and great location! Craving sushi and heading to the Highlands or going downtown for some fun! Then check this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodJenikyna288Dined on 6/26/2014Not as good as the first time ! I don't know if it is because I ordered the lunch portion of the Chirashi bowl rather than dinner portion? Had high expectation and was left a little disappointed! And they never have uni (sea urgin) they just tell you they are sold out, but we were the first customer of the day! Went 3 times and they keep telling us that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJNBudDined on 6/13/2014The quality of the sushi was outstanding. Had a great variety of new items that I had not tried before and they were so yummy. Definitely will return!Special Features:
- Best sushi in Denver!Mthede1VIPDined on 6/13/2014Sushi Sasa never disappoints. Went for lunch and enjoyed one of their amazing rolls as well as the noodle bowl. My friend ordered the sashimi platter and said it was the freshest she's tried in a very long time. Our server was very attentive and she was so knowledgable about the menu. Cannot wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueMcroyDined on 6/12/2014First of all, great quality sashimi. Absolutely amazing, and that's speaking as someone who's been to Japan more than 20 times, and even been to Tsukiji fish market for the auction and early morning maguro. We also tried a soup that was a mix of French Onion, black cod & Miso that was stunning. Great place, the best Japanese I've had in Denver. It's expensive, but worth the price. Use it as a treat!Special Features:
- Amazing meal for special occasionsBeckySDined on 6/11/2014Expensive but SO worth it. We had a tremendously delicious meal with creative salads (loved the shiitake salad), beef tataki (tender, with a mind-blowingly tasty ponzu sauce), and several sushi rolls (fresh and luscious). We also had the rich and indulgent tempura cheesecake for dessert. Highly recommend this place, but only if you've saved up plenty of scratch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Sushi in Denveraggie00sarahDined on 6/11/2014Hands down best sushi place in Denver. Pricey, but worth every penny.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!lmw1Dined on 6/11/2014Took my Chicago business guests to lunch and they loved it! One gal doesn't eat sushi so enjoyed the beat salad which she said was excellent - and then she couldn't residt and tried her first sushi roll - the one with the thin slice of lime on top - loved it!Special Features:
- Best Sushi West of the MississippismartiVIPDined on 6/10/2014Sushi Sasa never disappoints and is so worth the money. Perfect sushi with fish flown in from Japan, well-educated staff, and great cocktails and appetizers, too.Special Features:
- Great Time at Sushi SasayummysushiDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant was recommended by several friends and it lived up to it. We enjoyed the food and the service very much. Our Server was outstanding.Special Features: