Sushi Rock - Columbus
570 N. High Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Short North - Arena District
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Sushi Rock - Columbus
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sushirockohio.com/
- Phone: 6144531585
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 11:30a - 5:00p
Mon-Thurs 5:00p - 10:00p / Fri-Sat 5:00p - 12:00a / Sun 5:00p - 9:00p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Buttari
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menu available for large groups. We recommend groups over 12 use the catering menu during the week and require the use of the catering menu for groups over 12 guests for Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Private Party Facilities: Three private dining areas. Skyline Room seats up to 18 guests. Board Room seats up to 16 guests. Party Room seats up to 45 guests. Flat screen TVs with A/V capabilities. Catering menu available. On-site event manager. VIP lounge area with bottle service. Food and Beverage minimums apply.
- Private Party Contact: Sara Martin-Fuller 6144531585
- Entertainment: DJ spins music on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Special Events: Tsunami 1/2 price sushi night is every wednesday!
Half price wine and sake night is every Thursday!
Happy hour is every day from 5p - 7p!
A word from Sushi Rock - Columbus
The restaurant offers an ambiance that is inspired yet comfortable, perfect for dining with friends, co-workers, or family. Voted Best Sushi in Northeast Ohio, Sushi Rock is also known for their innovative & contemporary cuisine. Steaks, Chops, & the freshest seafood prepared to your specifications & paired with thoughtful sauces & sides. The staff at Sushi Rock are friendly & professional, & will ensure that your dining experience is always a pleasurable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sushi Rock - Columbus reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Sushi, blackened salmonluliDined on 9/21/2013Great Sushi, blackened salmon was wonderful- location is perfect to walk to from conference center and surrounding hotels.Special Features:
- passWonderfulDined on 9/14/2013For such a huge place and prime location to have the food, service, drinks be barely passable I am not sure how it is in business. Place was basically empty on a Saturday night at 7 pm. Outside tables had folks having drinks as it is a great spot to people watch. Dark inside, had to ask to have the lights turned on over the table so we could read menu. Server was very nice but completely inattentive hanging out with a group in one of the back room areas. crab cakes were ok, salad had way too much dressing, lobster mac and cheese could have been velvetta, lobster bisque was very thick but not in a good way and sushi was just ok.
- Not bad but not greatnorm2004VIPDined on 9/4/2013Sushi rock is a solid sushi restaurant but sometimes the quality of sushi is not as high as you would expect for sushi at those prices. But overall I would recommend. Wednesdays are hopping due to half off sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raw fish well done!RestlessinCMHDined on 8/21/2013I always appreciate the freshness of the sushi at Sushi Rock. The sashimi pieces are fantastically proportioned and two or three slices, along with a maki, make for just the right-sized meal. Wine choices are fairly good. The atmosphere is great, especially for a younger crowd (under 40ish). The servers are congenial and knowledgeable. Sushi Rock would be a great start to a night on the town in our quaint but sweet Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- must try!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2013SUSHI ROCK IS OBVIOUSLY KNOWN FIR ITS OUTSTANDING SUSHI BUT THE MENU IS PLEASING WITH OTHER OPTIONS AS WELL. GREST ATMOSHERE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pushysteveDined on 7/31/2013Even though the restaurant wasn't packed or over crowded We felt very "pushed/ hurried" After completing our meal we were still talking and hanging out when we were abruptly brought our check, as if the waitress wanted us out, I had to track her down to tell her that we weren't finished yet and wanted more drinks. During that next drink we were once again brought a check, again without being asked if we were finished. We had planned on staying for a bit and having a few more rounds but got tired of this so decided to just leave and go somewhere else out of annoyance.
- Completely disappointedJTColsDined on 7/26/2013We had been to Sushi Rock a few other times over a year ago so we decided to get our sushi fix there for a special birthday dinner. When we got our menus it looked nothing like we remembered. After taslking to our server she said that there were some special off the menu items that we could get and we decided on the chef's sashimi sampler. We have had this before and had been quite impressed at the size and quality of the item, alas that is no more. When we received the order it was about half the size as it had been previously and the quality and selection of the fish seemed mediocre at best. Overall it was just a big let down and we will not be going back again.Special Features:
- Amazing, fun, charmingRestlessinCMHDined on 7/23/2013Really good sushi. Living in Ohio is not easy for a fish lover and yet, I found the fish to be remarkably fresh and very well prepared. Sushi is simple fare and it takes an artist to make it special - Sushi Rock does that. I went on a Tuesday night so the place was quite empty (we are in CMH after all) but I can imagine that it must be a very exciting and energetic place to be on the right nights. I can't wait to go back. The service from wait staff was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousbrownarbDined on 7/20/2013The sushi was delicious!! I plan to come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi GloomLadybugDined on 7/17/2013Overpriced, not friendly or attentive staff. Tables & decor dated & worn.
- So much potential...vegasweekendVIPDined on 7/7/2013Great ambiance and enticing menu. Sushi was good but not awesome. They were out of 2 of the 3 red wines by the glass.
- Slow ServiceLovesSushiDined on 7/6/2013Service was very slow. Drinks were set on the bar and not brought over until 20 minutes later. Appetizers very slow coming out and food was brought around the same time. Waiter seemed flustered while other waiters stood around. Food was good, however.I would recommend this to a friend.
- over-rated and over-pricedpladel339Dined on 6/30/2013the sushi quality was OK, but nothing special, the service was OK but not great, the cocktails were nothing special. It was over-priced for the quality and quantity of the food. We received our appetizer after the sushi came out, and when it came out it was cold.
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2013Food is OK. Nothing is extraordinary, which makes the food overpriced.Special Features:
- Sushi was amazing the houseJPmanDined on 6/22/2013Sushi was amazing the house roll with steak and lobster was probably the best roll I have ever had. Staff was great the atmosphere was perfect for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2013This was my first time at Sushi Rock. I liked the atmosphere of the restaurant and the playlist was good. I'm not a sushi person so I had a steak which was great. Server was very nice. Had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, service was lackingReviewerDined on 6/8/2013The food was good, but we kept having to flag down another waitress to get our waiter's attention. I would go back, but I would make sure not to have the same server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2013You're greeted by 10 hostesses, since that's totally necessary, all of whom just stand around and stare at you. The waiter was horrible-it took 20 minutes just to get drinks (which he blamed on someone else on the wait staff), he never came back to refill waters or take more drink orders throughout the entire meal. The sushi itself may have been good but it's wrapped in a ridiculous amount of rice so that's pretty much the only thing you can taste. I would never come back here simply because of the service, our waiter was that bad.Special Features:
- Worth a VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2013In Columbus on business; hotel staff recommended Sushi Rock; The restaurant is on the corner of two busy downtown streets; parking is limited; use the Valet... Atmosphere is good; staff was pleasant; food was above average, but not the best sushi available... I would come back when in Columbus...Special Features:
- Waiter was great & helpful.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2013Waiter was great & helpful. Food(sushi) worse than Krogers.Special Features:
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/10/2013Went on a Wednesday, our server was attentive and very sweet. The food was great and the beer was cold.Special Features:
- This is our second visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2013This is our second visit to Sushi Rock and we continue to be impressed with the quality of the Sashimi and Sushi. I tried the Beef Sushi for the first time and it was excellent. The Calamari is always good. My boyfriend got a Sashimi sampler over rice and seaweed salad that was suggested by the server, but not on the regular menu. He loved it!Special Features:
- Very accommodating. SeverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013Very accommodating. Sever and sushi chef made customized gluten free roll for me.Special Features:
- This is the go-to spot whenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013This is the go-to spot when my husband and I have date night.Special Features:
- Yum yum roll and lobster CaliforniaLATNLMTDined on 4/5/2013Yum yum roll and lobster California roll were excellent suggestions from our waitress.
- Nice Upscale EstablishmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013We enjoyed Sushi Rock. It is a nice upscale establishment, with prompt friendly service and great food.Special Features:
- There truly is no way of ratingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013There truly is no way of rating how poor the experience was. We arrived promptly. Seated immedidately. Restaurant was just about empty. We placed our order with our waiter. Sat there with empty drinks until he decided to come by. We had our appetizers. And literally sat there for approximately 50 minutes waiting for either him to come by or for our dinner to come by. Our server hung out at the hostess stand rather than attend to our table. Finally, we got up, asked for the check for what we had up to that point in time, paid the bill and left. It was ridiculous. How in the world could you expect anyone to recommend your service? The service has never been excellent but it has never been so pathetic. They were prompt in getting us the bill!
- Awesome as always! My favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/28/2013Awesome as always! My favorite Sushi restaurant in Columbus and our server Tom was absolutely fabulous.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/22/2013Unfortunately, the service was extremely slow, and the restaurant wasn't that busy. For some reason, bar service took forever. The sushi tasted fine - nothing special, but not bad. The shrimp appetizer was tasty, however.
- We arrived early, they seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013We arrived early, they seated us before our reservation. The food was awesome. love it!Special Features:
- There wasn't anything to complainOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013There wasn't anything to complain about here. The ambiance is definitely different, with great lighting for a romantic night out as well. It could also be a great place with a group of people. The food comes in large portions and it tasty for sure.Special Features:
- Good for happy hoursOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/13/2013Nice outdoor seating. Sushi tooooooo biggggggg. Hard to eat.Special Features:
- Unique atmosphere. Nice cocktailWeluv2eatoutVIPDined on 3/9/2013Unique atmosphere. Nice cocktail selection. Sushi was average and priced well above average.Special Features:
- Our server Alex was reallyLBDinerDined on 3/9/2013Our server Alex was really bad. I never saw her wait on anyone else, and we rarely saw her. She was not very proactive (bringing things without being asked).Special Features:
- We waited almost 15 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013We waited almost 15 minutes after being seated before our waiter showed up. He was arrogant and smug. Food was no better than your local Chinese buffet. Save your money and find somewhere else to get sushi.
- We went early enough and itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013We went early enough and it was okay to take our 9 year old with us. Great food and environment!Special Features:
- Food here was decent minusOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/8/2013Food here was decent minus the accidental plastic wrap in one roll, but the bar crowd really ruined the dinner atmosphere. A very upscale-priced menu with a very low-brow bar clientele. Not worth the crowd, plenty of nicer, lively establishments on the same row.Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2013I like the location of the restaurant and the ambiance, but the sushi is over rated. It is average quality and the prices are steep, especially for cocktails. A dry martini was $11 and a rum and coke is $8. We would've been better off going to another bar to drink. Personally, my favorite sushi in Columbus is from Diaspora on campus at OSU.Special Features:
- First timers dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013We liked Sushi Rock however, there was an issue with our Groupon. We never experienced that before with any other establishment so that was a turn-off. There are other Sushi places we like much better but the atmosphere was great! Our server was amazing!Special Features:
- we were seatedin the backstellaVIPDined on 2/27/2013we were seatedin the back of the restaraunt and had the surf 7 turf roll on the suggestion of the waiter. It was very dry.