310 W. Mitchell Hammock Rd.
Oviedo, FL 32765Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sushipoprestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4075425975
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary Asian, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Chau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sushi POP
Inspired by Japanese pop culture, Sushi Pop’s high quality Sushi takes center stage in a custom designed atmospheric space that evokes the mood of a modern avant-garde dining room. Pink hues from lotus blossom lights, backlit bonsai plants, wallpaper reminiscent of Hokusai's Great Wave and eclectic music styles wash the environment with a relaxing palette to showcase Central Florida’s finest Sushi and Japanese dishes. Sushi that Pops!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Sushi POP - Best Restaurants in Oviedo ›
Sushi POP reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (52)special occasion (45)hot spot (39)good for groups (23)romantic (20)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- always greatWineguy920VIPDined on 10/21/2014The open face ravioli was fantastic, the "hot mess" was great as well and the apple fritters are one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Pop Never Fails to Deliver!RonsPOVDined on 10/19/2014This sushi restaurant is fantastic, whatever the dining occasion. Servers are friendly, knowledgeable, and go out of their way to make your dining experience the best. The food at Sushi Pop is not far from Nobu quality (if you have eaten at the Las Vegas restaurant). The menu changes always entice one to try new items...and I have never been disappointed. And it is difficult to believe the quality of the desserts...try any of them...you will love them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in townabigmanDined on 10/17/2014We always enjoy the freshness and deliciousness of the sushi here. I appreciate that the menu changes with the season and the servers and chefs are willing to make special requests happen. Thank you Sushi Pop for another wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Weird is sooo goodNomnomnomDined on 10/8/2014The whole experience at sushi pop was wonderful! From the anime shows to the dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not Miss Sushi Pop!WinterParkCarnivoreDined on 10/8/2014It is without a doubt the best sushi restaurant in Central Florida. I take all my foodie friends there and they always love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUSHI POP ROCKS!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/4/2014Thanks to Matt, Natasha and Lucy. As usual, excellent food, service and wine! We love Sushi Pop!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014The food and cocktails are delicious. You have to try the Kurobuta Tacos, they are a perfect blend of texture and taste. I had the Geisha drink made with Elderflower liquor...one word delicious! It was perfectly mixed and a visual pleasure. We also had the Royal Treatment roll and another I cannot remember. But it was a special for the day. The hostess' and server were very friendly and accommodating. .. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining and valueRonsPOVDined on 9/25/2014Sushi Pop never fails to please. Great food; new and innovative menu items, friendly and efficient service, and great value for the price. Very nice to have this restaurant located in Oviedo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar as usualFloridaYogaBeeDined on 9/24/2014As always, Sushi Pop never fails to please! Sushi is always uber fresh and the rolls are a far cry from you standard sushi resto. So much flavor! Alex behind the bar is super attentive and creative with the cocktails (no liquor so cocktails are wine based but yummy nonetheless). Matt, the manager, continuously makes the rounds, ensuring that each guest is happy. The wait staff are very friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the menu items and specials. I cannot say enough about it! It's our favorite resto in all of Orlando!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeHondoDined on 9/23/2014Best Sushi in Central Florida. Very attentive and service oriented. Good energentic atmosphere. And the food is delicious. Clean and fresh.Special Features:
- Best in townPfritz75VIPDined on 9/19/2014This is truly the best sushi in town!!! The service is amazing and the quality is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch in FL and the SE.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014This restaurant has the best Sushi in FL and rates up the with the places in NY and CHI. (beats Zuma in Miami hands down)Special Features:
- Great menu, very tastyOviedoGirlDined on 9/12/2014We've been trying to go to Sushi Pop for weeks now. Friday was the first time they had last minute reservations that would work for us. It was worth the wait. They have a large sake menu and some interesting cocktails -- I had a "Hit the Floor" which is made with a rice wine and has some smoky sweet flavors -- really unique and totally sippable. For dinner, we shared three sushi rolls -- one that was made with Crab and was pretty good (very similar to the rolls you can get at most sushi places), but the other two were ones we've never had before. And they were delicious! The server was able to explain the menu with ease and ensured a good time. Last note, it is a bit pricey (to us) so we will only return for special occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick with traditional sushialohah5Dined on 9/12/2014I enjoyed the flavorful "ceviche" with the fresh white fish on top, but the "lowrider" with the friend shrimp inside was not very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience every time.emilym3Dined on 9/5/2014The best sushi restaurant in Oviedo, and possibly Orlando. The service is fast and friendly. The ambiance is lovely, perfect for going out on a date or with friends. The TVs play either anime or movies, such as Jiro Dreams of Sushi. I've never loved a restaurant's music more than here. I would honestly come just for the music. However, the best part is the food- as it should be. The sushi is fresh, innovative, and most importantly, delicious. I have yet to be disappointed in the slightest by Sushi POP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi- great fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014I love that the menu changes and the staff is always knowledgable for recommendations. Sushi Pop is always our first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food..Zeno78Dined on 8/24/2014Fantastic food but... Some of the servers are not focused on service. 20 minutes with an empty drink glass is unacceptable. Never saw server for more than a blink at a time. Locals get treated far better than visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing sushifoodieDined on 8/22/2014Sushi pop never fails to deliver amazing sushi with interesting and unusual flavors (but it works).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST Orlando sushiJDM225VIPDined on 8/19/2014In actuality you feel like you're ina big metropolitan city when you step inside. Freshest fish ever. There are a few things for those that prefer everything cooked. Always something new & special to try. Chef is amazing and his staff always gets it right. Make sure you try Sushi Pop. If you're not near Oviedo, it's well worth your drive!Special Features:
- A surprising findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great ambience and great sushi. You forget you are across the street from a sod farm.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is a great find. No better Sushi this side of NYC. Really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushiliciousPaddiliciousDined on 8/14/2014This is a great find, vibrant and cozy at the same time.. Everything was great. The octopus appetizer was delicious - very highly recommend. The service - no complaints about our waiter who was very knowledgeable about the menu and friendly. The gap between appetizer and food was too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After church DinnerCELEBRATION4FRIENDSDined on 8/10/2014A few girlfriends and I wanted something different outside of the traditional chain of restaurants so we decided to make resv at Sushi Pop. We ordered tacos which was excellent, rock shrimp and KFC was delicious, ceviche, shrimp and veggie rolls were superb (especially ceviche roll)! Best sushi spot in orlando by far!Special Features:
- Good Sushi, service lackingDikaiaKnightVIPDined on 8/8/2014Every food item we had was very tasty, the Hot Mess roll was my favorite. Our evening was somewhat ruined with really bad service. Everything took forever from getting orders taken, to drinks to each course & paying. We skipped a second round of drinks fearing how long it would take before arriving. My niece's kids order was forgotten and when they "rushed" to get it out it was still slow & could barely be called a kid's portion. Overall I felt the whole meal was over-priced. There were times the kitchen stood around while tickets waited. Honestly they have great sushi but so do several other spots and Pop was not worth the drive all the way to Oviedo. This was probably a one and done.
- Best Sushi in Central Florida!WinterParkCarnivoreDined on 8/7/2014Thank heavens we finally have a great place for sushi...well worth the drive out to Oviedo...such a treat! And you have to get the peanut butter rasberry sorbet dessert...it is really special!!!Special Features:
- So good.JonGDined on 8/5/2014Sushi Pop is one of the best, if not THE best Sushi restaurants in Orlando. The food is amazingly fresh and the rolls are loaded with layers of flavor not usually found at other restaurants. I'm convince now that so many other places are just mailing it in with uninspiring food. A Roll as ubiquitous as the Spicy Tuna Roll is anything but Ubiquitous at Sushi Pop. Thank you Sushi Pop.Special Features:
- Great foodEgrrDined on 8/2/2014The sushi was wonderful as usual and very fresh!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection, knowledgable staffrghFLDined on 7/31/2014Checking neighborhood gem as its recommendation pretty much sums it up. I think we are lucky to have such a great restaurant here in the area. Great food with unique ingredients, incredible waitstaff, and always filled with happy diners!Special Features:
- Great Sushi Weird ServicesushiluvrDined on 7/29/2014Whenever I want awesome sushi in Orlando, I come here. Your sushi=impeccable. Your service=meh. The last time I went, our waitress visited the table maybe 3 times. Once to get the order, two to bring back the food and three to get the checks. She also took forever processing the checks and it wasn't even busy. But I digress, the food is exceptional. I just wish service was more on their feet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeremiahFDined on 7/26/2014Best sushi we've had in Orlando. Try the Hot Mess roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a Detour Off the Beaten Pathfive4foodVIPDined on 7/24/2014We have been enjoying SP since shortly after it's opening. The food is consistently good, but extra special on those nights when the entire team is working in unison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic!!!JDM225VIPDined on 7/23/2014Consistently delicious and always something new. Very tasty cocktails (especially considering their alcohol license is beer & wine only) using unique & imported ingredients. Try the garlic and pepper edamame for sure! Freshest sushi and sashimi in town!!! Like stepping into NYC when you walk in the door in this small strip mall. Cheers!Special Features:
- Amazing SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014Sushi Pop has some of the best sushi, if not THE best, in Central Florida. I love the atmosphere. I first took my wife here for valentines day a few years back and it been a favorite of ours since. The ceviche role is absolutely amazing. I'd recommend the roll unless you stay away from spicy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi!ChrisFLDined on 7/16/2014My wife and I went here for a date night. We love sushi and this place had some very good sushi rolls (ceviche roll was awesome). The decor was trendy, the waitress was friendly, and it wasn't extremely busy at 6:30pm (we made reservations). The prices are a little higher than the norm, so this isn't somewhere we could go often, but it's great for a special occasion. My only complaint was that 4 out of 5 of their desserts had nuts in them, which I'm allergic to. The dessert we ordered was something like an apple-cinnamon turnover with ginger ice cream, which was pretty good. Overall, a very good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should stick w/Open Table res timesLoveGREATfoodDined on 7/12/2014My first impression unfortunately is a lasting impression. Although I made my reservation through OpenTable I had to wait at least 20 min from an on time arrival to be seated. I have not had this experience with any other restaurant to date. While the delay was acknowledged it would be nice if they put their money where their mouth is by offering free beverages or a discounted dinner. The parking is pretty tricky in that there really is not enough parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Pop Rocks!RIngoDined on 7/12/2014We routinely bring guests to dine at Sushi Pop and consistently get comments that this is the best restaurant in Central Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Pop is great!KnDMDined on 7/11/2014Sushi Pop has great ambiance and great food. Sit at a table, booth or the sushi bar and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On pointRockandrollsDined on 7/9/2014My son's favorite dining spot, bar none. We had a group of six and ordered an array of menu items. Everything was on point! Lucy is our favorite server and is very thorough and accomodating. Shout out to Matt, the general manager. Quality sushi at its best!! See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!SushiloversVIPDined on 6/28/2014We usually stick to the specials (a must) and several other items we always enjoy. This time, however, we tried things we never order, and, as we have come to expect from Sushi Pop, the quality, innovativeness and unusual combination of flavors were excellent. We have never been disappointed in anything we have tried. Not to be left out is that the bar staff was once again spot on with beer and wine recommendations and you should seriously consider trying any of the new cocktails they come up with. The "gobstopper" (with ice ball of watermelon and rhubarb!!!!) will be a new fav going forward.Special Features:
- Try it!!! You'll be backJDM225VIPDined on 6/27/2014Without exception, consistently good in every way. Feels like family when we go there. Tasty in every bite, and presentations and flavors are so unique. Wonderful!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 496 reviews are from the Sushi POP reviews archive.