310 W. Mitchell Hammock Rd.
Oviedo, FL 32765Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sushipoprestaurant.com/
- Phone: (407) 542-5975
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary Asian, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Chau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sushi POP
Inspired by Japanese pop culture, Sushi Pop’s high quality Sushi takes center stage in a custom designed atmospheric space that evokes the mood of a modern avant-garde dining room. Pink hues from lotus blossom lights, backlit bonsai plants, wallpaper reminiscent of Hokusai's Great Wave and eclectic music styles wash the environment with a relaxing palette to showcase Central Florida’s finest Sushi and Japanese dishes. Sushi that Pops!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Sushi POP - Best Restaurants in Oviedo ›
Sushi POP reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (54)hot spot (44)special occasion (37)good for groups (23)romantic (15)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Worth a Detour Off the Beaten Pathfive4foodVIPDined on 7/24/2014We have been enjoying SP since shortly after it's opening. The food is consistently good, but extra special on those nights when the entire team is working in unison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic!!!JDM225VIPDined on 7/23/2014Consistently delicious and always something new. Very tasty cocktails (especially considering their alcohol license is beer & wine only) using unique & imported ingredients. Try the garlic and pepper edamame for sure! Freshest sushi and sashimi in town!!! Like stepping into NYC when you walk in the door in this small strip mall. Cheers!Special Features:
- Amazing SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014Sushi Pop has some of the best sushi, if not THE best, in Central Florida. I love the atmosphere. I first took my wife here for valentines day a few years back and it been a favorite of ours since. The ceviche role is absolutely amazing. I'd recommend the roll unless you stay away from spicy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi!ChrisFLDined on 7/16/2014My wife and I went here for a date night. We love sushi and this place had some very good sushi rolls (ceviche roll was awesome). The decor was trendy, the waitress was friendly, and it wasn't extremely busy at 6:30pm (we made reservations). The prices are a little higher than the norm, so this isn't somewhere we could go often, but it's great for a special occasion. My only complaint was that 4 out of 5 of their desserts had nuts in them, which I'm allergic to. The dessert we ordered was something like an apple-cinnamon turnover with ginger ice cream, which was pretty good. Overall, a very good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should stick w/Open Table res timesLoveGREATfoodDined on 7/12/2014My first impression unfortunately is a lasting impression. Although I made my reservation through OpenTable I had to wait at least 20 min from an on time arrival to be seated. I have not had this experience with any other restaurant to date. While the delay was acknowledged it would be nice if they put their money where their mouth is by offering free beverages or a discounted dinner. The parking is pretty tricky in that there really is not enough parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Pop Rocks!RIngoVIPDined on 7/12/2014We routinely bring guests to dine at Sushi Pop and consistently get comments that this is the best restaurant in Central Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Pop is great!KnDMDined on 7/11/2014Sushi Pop has great ambiance and great food. Sit at a table, booth or the sushi bar and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On pointRockandrollsDined on 7/9/2014My son's favorite dining spot, bar none. We had a group of six and ordered an array of menu items. Everything was on point! Lucy is our favorite server and is very thorough and accomodating. Shout out to Matt, the general manager. Quality sushi at its best!! See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!SushiloversVIPDined on 6/28/2014We usually stick to the specials (a must) and several other items we always enjoy. This time, however, we tried things we never order, and, as we have come to expect from Sushi Pop, the quality, innovativeness and unusual combination of flavors were excellent. We have never been disappointed in anything we have tried. Not to be left out is that the bar staff was once again spot on with beer and wine recommendations and you should seriously consider trying any of the new cocktails they come up with. The "gobstopper" (with ice ball of watermelon and rhubarb!!!!) will be a new fav going forward.Special Features:
- Try it!!! You'll be backJDM225VIPDined on 6/27/2014Without exception, consistently good in every way. Feels like family when we go there. Tasty in every bite, and presentations and flavors are so unique. Wonderful!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistenly GoodLovetoeatoutDined on 6/21/2014We live in Oviedo and have been going to Sushi Pop every two or three months since they opened. After eating there this weekend, my husband and I both commented on how we've never had a disappointing meal at this restaurant. Of course, like any good restaurant, the menu changes and we've certainly tried things that we liked better than others but time and time again our experience has been positive. The food, drinks and service are always good. You need a reservation to get in on a Friday or Saturday night with good reason. We happen to live close which is great but I suspect even if we didn't, we'd gladly make the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!VeganfoodieDined on 6/15/2014From the outside, you're not very sure of what you're about to walk in to (it's in a strip mall), then you walk through the door and it transforms into a totally cool & hip restaurant! The staff are extremely friendly and knowledgeable. The food.....AMAZING!! We have found our new go to restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiMaryDined on 6/8/2014This place has terrific sushi and a great atmosphere. Only issue was that service was slow the night we were there. It was not that busy, but it seemed to take a long time for us to get our order. This was disappointed as the place is not inexpensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place and great food.ImTheRedHeadDined on 6/6/2014Great food, but you definitely need a reservation. It's a small place and it doesn't hold many people. It could use a full bar also. Love the decor and food presentation though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurant with good sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/20142nd time very happy both times. Staff is a lot of fun and the sushi is good.Special Features:
- Great Sushi, Great PlaceRob05Dined on 6/5/2014Wonderful food presented well, great service and great atmosphere. Was hoping for some great sushi at a great place & Sushi Pop did not disappoint! Expect to pay a bit more but it will be worth it. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Favoriteemilym3Dined on 6/1/2014I've been back to Sushi Pop multiple times. Their nigiri is the best I've ever had anywhere. I can't stress enough that the quality of food here is amazing. Great service, atmosphere, and especially sushi. Outstanding all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambiancelikyDined on 6/1/2014Wonderful service and the food was absolutely amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Time4girlsntoutDined on 5/28/2014I have been to sushi pop many many times. Every time they meet and exceed my expectations. The food and staff are both great.Special Features:
- Every dish is an iron chef dishOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2014This place is a culinary gem. Every dish makes your senses explode. Do not forget to save room for dessert. The chef's really know what they're doing. The manager is friendly and welcoming and knows just about everything about food and wine. You cannot stump him. The wait staff is phenomenal. The combination makes it one of the best restaurants in the country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBigDaddyJGDined on 5/23/2014I have had a hard time finding unique and amazing sushi in Orlando. This place is creative and the food is so amazing. I've never had pork belly in a sushi roll before. Now I have. We had 5 rolls, an order of white tuna nigiri, 4 beers and dessert for under $100. That is really great.Special Features:
- GreatfoodtruthDined on 5/21/2014For a first visit, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Sushi POP. The service was excellent, the food was amazing and all for a great price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Was excellent, food was great! Everything was prepared to perfection. The best part of dinner was our server. Kathy was not only personable but she described each item specifically to taste. Her energetic attitude added to our great night, we will be back again very soon! Thank you for a great evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in Orlando AreaVnaLGDined on 5/11/2014The place is packed from Tuesday to Sunday. Make a reservation and if you don't they'll always find a way but you'll have to wait a little because of it's popularity. The place is adorable, very friendly service and the food always amazing. Our favorite place for a date or family night out. Just Go !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Pop PopsLoveTheFoodDined on 5/9/2014This is the best restaurant in the Oviedo area. I go often with friends and adult family, sitting at the bar and in the restaurant. They always have inventive specials and the rest of their menu is consistently excellent. Fun too.Special Features:
- Fun place w/ so so foodMyndbend17Dined on 5/2/2014The decor was fun and vibrant. The staff was knowledgable and attentive. My food came at same time as appetizer. The appetizers were great in theory but did not taste as good as they sounded. I have had way better sushi around Orlando. The desserts were inventive but did not offer a variety enough for people who don't like peanut butter. Unfortunately the look of a restaurant is not enought to bring me back.
- yumCheeseizgoodDined on 4/25/2014Favorite sushi spot in central Fl! Menu always has new and unique selections. Fish always fresh and delicious. Save room for dessert because you can't go wrong with any of them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for the gluten free dinerKrisVIPDined on 4/24/2014I've been to SushiPop several times, and as a person allergic to gluten, it's one of the only sushi restaurants at which I feel completely safe eating. Just tell them your dietary needs, and they will adjust any roll/dish that you'd like to accommodate you. They are also great about letting you know which rolls and dishes won't work as a gluten free option. The food is fantastic every time, as is the service. Love this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2014Sushi Pop has interesting and different sushi dishes. They are always delicious. Wine list is excellant as wellSpecial Features:
- LivesInHeelsVIPDined on 4/18/2014Food is excellent. Servers are very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great varietyMP3AMGDined on 4/18/2014Every time I show up here, there's something new on the menu and it's delicious....never been disappointed by sushi popSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not bestrhythmorientedDined on 4/12/2014Fun place with lively atmosphere and extremely knowledgeable wait staff. Fresh sashimi was outstanding (pricy too), dessert was original. However, other sushi restaurants offer more creative, fuller, "gotta have it" rolls. Next time I will pay more for a sashimi-based meal, but believe that will bring the overall experience up a notch.Special Features:
- Sushi Pop is my favorite SushiDisappointedVIPDined on 4/11/2014Sushi Pop is my favorite Sushi restaurant. Their rolls are creative and delicious and they offer other things besides Sushi that are great as well. I visit a few times a monthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes yes yesBridgeVIPDined on 4/10/2014Won't go anywhere else for sushi. For real. Most inventive and fresh sushi within a 20 mike radius of orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/10/2014Not only do my fiance and I dine here ALL the time (I think they know us by name!), but we bring all of our clients and business dinners here! We've gotten so many people hooked ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi EverJackDined on 4/5/2014Can't say enough good things about Sushi Pop. Best sushi we've ever had Great wine, great food, great service and great dessert to end the night. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFoodjunkieVIPDined on 4/4/2014I've been going to this place ever since i first discovered it a few years ago. Every I go, I am never disappointed. The food is so fresh and amazing. If you like chocolate and peanut butter you must try the pb&j. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CreativityMP3AMGDined on 3/29/2014We had a group of 7 reserved for a 6:30 table....we all ordered at least one roll/cooked item that was unique from the others', and we loved every single one of them. No 2 items were the same - the colors, tastes and presentations were all wonderful. The desserts especially got our attention, along with the dish names. Will be back with more people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and BeyondRIngoVIPDined on 3/18/2014The Sushi Pop staff always greet us warmly and make us feel at home. This particular visit, we had gusts with us that are total foodies and even one that is a culinary institute trained chef. They loved the POP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongLukeDined on 3/14/2014This place is a sushi favorite, excellent flavor excellent service, great beer/wine recommendations. Can't say enough about Sushi POP. Just go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.