310 W. Mitchell Hammock Rd.
Oviedo, FL 32765Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sushipoprestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4075425975
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary Asian, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Chau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sushi POP
Inspired by Japanese pop culture, Sushi Pop’s high quality Sushi takes center stage in a custom designed atmospheric space that evokes the mood of a modern avant-garde dining room. Pink hues from lotus blossom lights, backlit bonsai plants, wallpaper reminiscent of Hokusai's Great Wave and eclectic music styles wash the environment with a relaxing palette to showcase Central Florida’s finest Sushi and Japanese dishes. Sushi that Pops!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Sushi POP - Best Restaurants in Oviedo ›
Sushi POP reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (52)special occasion (51)hot spot (42)romantic (26)good for groups (23)late-night find (11)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Sushi- great fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014I love that the menu changes and the staff is always knowledgable for recommendations. Sushi Pop is always our first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food..OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Fantastic food but... Some of the servers are not focused on service. 20 minutes with an empty drink glass is unacceptable. Never saw server for more than a blink at a time. Locals get treated far better than visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014Sushi pop never fails to deliver amazing sushi with interesting and unusual flavors (but it works).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprising findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great ambience and great sushi. You forget you are across the street from a sod farm.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is a great find. No better Sushi this side of NYC. Really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushiliciousPaddiliciousDined on 8/14/2014This is a great find, vibrant and cozy at the same time.. Everything was great. The octopus appetizer was delicious - very highly recommend. The service - no complaints about our waiter who was very knowledgeable about the menu and friendly. The gap between appetizer and food was too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After church DinnerCELEBRATION4FRIENDSDined on 8/10/2014A few girlfriends and I wanted something different outside of the traditional chain of restaurants so we decided to make resv at Sushi Pop. We ordered tacos which was excellent, rock shrimp and KFC was delicious, ceviche, shrimp and veggie rolls were superb (especially ceviche roll)! Best sushi spot in orlando by far!Special Features:
- Good Sushi, service lackingDikaiaKnightVIPDined on 8/8/2014Every food item we had was very tasty, the Hot Mess roll was my favorite. Our evening was somewhat ruined with really bad service. Everything took forever from getting orders taken, to drinks to each course & paying. We skipped a second round of drinks fearing how long it would take before arriving. My niece's kids order was forgotten and when they "rushed" to get it out it was still slow & could barely be called a kid's portion. Overall I felt the whole meal was over-priced. There were times the kitchen stood around while tickets waited. Honestly they have great sushi but so do several other spots and Pop was not worth the drive all the way to Oviedo. This was probably a one and done.
- Best Sushi in Central Florida!WinterParkCarnivoreDined on 8/7/2014Thank heavens we finally have a great place for sushi...well worth the drive out to Oviedo...such a treat! And you have to get the peanut butter rasberry sorbet dessert...it is really special!!!Special Features:
- So good.JonGDined on 8/5/2014Sushi Pop is one of the best, if not THE best Sushi restaurants in Orlando. The food is amazingly fresh and the rolls are loaded with layers of flavor not usually found at other restaurants. I'm convince now that so many other places are just mailing it in with uninspiring food. A Roll as ubiquitous as the Spicy Tuna Roll is anything but Ubiquitous at Sushi Pop. Thank you Sushi Pop.Special Features:
- Great foodEgrrDined on 8/2/2014The sushi was wonderful as usual and very fresh!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection, knowledgable staffrghFLDined on 7/31/2014Checking neighborhood gem as its recommendation pretty much sums it up. I think we are lucky to have such a great restaurant here in the area. Great food with unique ingredients, incredible waitstaff, and always filled with happy diners!Special Features:
- Great Sushi Weird ServicesushiluvrDined on 7/29/2014Whenever I want awesome sushi in Orlando, I come here. Your sushi=impeccable. Your service=meh. The last time I went, our waitress visited the table maybe 3 times. Once to get the order, two to bring back the food and three to get the checks. She also took forever processing the checks and it wasn't even busy. But I digress, the food is exceptional. I just wish service was more on their feet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeremiahFDined on 7/26/2014Best sushi we've had in Orlando. Try the Hot Mess roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a Detour Off the Beaten Pathfive4foodVIPDined on 7/24/2014We have been enjoying SP since shortly after it's opening. The food is consistently good, but extra special on those nights when the entire team is working in unison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic!!!JDM225VIPDined on 7/23/2014Consistently delicious and always something new. Very tasty cocktails (especially considering their alcohol license is beer & wine only) using unique & imported ingredients. Try the garlic and pepper edamame for sure! Freshest sushi and sashimi in town!!! Like stepping into NYC when you walk in the door in this small strip mall. Cheers!Special Features:
- Amazing SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014Sushi Pop has some of the best sushi, if not THE best, in Central Florida. I love the atmosphere. I first took my wife here for valentines day a few years back and it been a favorite of ours since. The ceviche role is absolutely amazing. I'd recommend the roll unless you stay away from spicy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi!ChrisFLDined on 7/16/2014My wife and I went here for a date night. We love sushi and this place had some very good sushi rolls (ceviche roll was awesome). The decor was trendy, the waitress was friendly, and it wasn't extremely busy at 6:30pm (we made reservations). The prices are a little higher than the norm, so this isn't somewhere we could go often, but it's great for a special occasion. My only complaint was that 4 out of 5 of their desserts had nuts in them, which I'm allergic to. The dessert we ordered was something like an apple-cinnamon turnover with ginger ice cream, which was pretty good. Overall, a very good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should stick w/Open Table res timesLoveGREATfoodDined on 7/12/2014My first impression unfortunately is a lasting impression. Although I made my reservation through OpenTable I had to wait at least 20 min from an on time arrival to be seated. I have not had this experience with any other restaurant to date. While the delay was acknowledged it would be nice if they put their money where their mouth is by offering free beverages or a discounted dinner. The parking is pretty tricky in that there really is not enough parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Pop Rocks!RIngoDined on 7/12/2014We routinely bring guests to dine at Sushi Pop and consistently get comments that this is the best restaurant in Central Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Pop is great!KnDMDined on 7/11/2014Sushi Pop has great ambiance and great food. Sit at a table, booth or the sushi bar and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On pointRockandrollsDined on 7/9/2014My son's favorite dining spot, bar none. We had a group of six and ordered an array of menu items. Everything was on point! Lucy is our favorite server and is very thorough and accomodating. Shout out to Matt, the general manager. Quality sushi at its best!! See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!SushiloversDined on 6/28/2014We usually stick to the specials (a must) and several other items we always enjoy. This time, however, we tried things we never order, and, as we have come to expect from Sushi Pop, the quality, innovativeness and unusual combination of flavors were excellent. We have never been disappointed in anything we have tried. Not to be left out is that the bar staff was once again spot on with beer and wine recommendations and you should seriously consider trying any of the new cocktails they come up with. The "gobstopper" (with ice ball of watermelon and rhubarb!!!!) will be a new fav going forward.Special Features:
- Consistenly GoodLovetoeatoutDined on 6/21/2014We live in Oviedo and have been going to Sushi Pop every two or three months since they opened. After eating there this weekend, my husband and I both commented on how we've never had a disappointing meal at this restaurant. Of course, like any good restaurant, the menu changes and we've certainly tried things that we liked better than others but time and time again our experience has been positive. The food, drinks and service are always good. You need a reservation to get in on a Friday or Saturday night with good reason. We happen to live close which is great but I suspect even if we didn't, we'd gladly make the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!VeganfoodieDined on 6/15/2014From the outside, you're not very sure of what you're about to walk in to (it's in a strip mall), then you walk through the door and it transforms into a totally cool & hip restaurant! The staff are extremely friendly and knowledgeable. The food.....AMAZING!! We have found our new go to restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiMaryDined on 6/8/2014This place has terrific sushi and a great atmosphere. Only issue was that service was slow the night we were there. It was not that busy, but it seemed to take a long time for us to get our order. This was disappointed as the place is not inexpensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place and great food.ImTheRedHeadDined on 6/6/2014Great food, but you definitely need a reservation. It's a small place and it doesn't hold many people. It could use a full bar also. Love the decor and food presentation though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurant with good sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/20142nd time very happy both times. Staff is a lot of fun and the sushi is good.Special Features:
- Great Sushi, Great PlaceRob05Dined on 6/5/2014Wonderful food presented well, great service and great atmosphere. Was hoping for some great sushi at a great place & Sushi Pop did not disappoint! Expect to pay a bit more but it will be worth it. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Favoriteemilym3Dined on 6/1/2014I've been back to Sushi Pop multiple times. Their nigiri is the best I've ever had anywhere. I can't stress enough that the quality of food here is amazing. Great service, atmosphere, and especially sushi. Outstanding all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambiancelikyDined on 6/1/2014Wonderful service and the food was absolutely amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Time4girlsntoutDined on 5/28/2014I have been to sushi pop many many times. Every time they meet and exceed my expectations. The food and staff are both great.Special Features:
- Every dish is an iron chef dishOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2014This place is a culinary gem. Every dish makes your senses explode. Do not forget to save room for dessert. The chef's really know what they're doing. The manager is friendly and welcoming and knows just about everything about food and wine. You cannot stump him. The wait staff is phenomenal. The combination makes it one of the best restaurants in the country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBigDaddyJGDined on 5/23/2014I have had a hard time finding unique and amazing sushi in Orlando. This place is creative and the food is so amazing. I've never had pork belly in a sushi roll before. Now I have. We had 5 rolls, an order of white tuna nigiri, 4 beers and dessert for under $100. That is really great.Special Features:
- GreatfoodtruthDined on 5/21/2014For a first visit, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Sushi POP. The service was excellent, the food was amazing and all for a great price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Was excellent, food was great! Everything was prepared to perfection. The best part of dinner was our server. Kathy was not only personable but she described each item specifically to taste. Her energetic attitude added to our great night, we will be back again very soon! Thank you for a great evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in Orlando AreaVnaLGDined on 5/11/2014The place is packed from Tuesday to Sunday. Make a reservation and if you don't they'll always find a way but you'll have to wait a little because of it's popularity. The place is adorable, very friendly service and the food always amazing. Our favorite place for a date or family night out. Just Go !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Pop PopsLoveTheFoodDined on 5/9/2014This is the best restaurant in the Oviedo area. I go often with friends and adult family, sitting at the bar and in the restaurant. They always have inventive specials and the rest of their menu is consistently excellent. Fun too.Special Features:
- Fun place w/ so so foodMyndbend17Dined on 5/2/2014The decor was fun and vibrant. The staff was knowledgable and attentive. My food came at same time as appetizer. The appetizers were great in theory but did not taste as good as they sounded. I have had way better sushi around Orlando. The desserts were inventive but did not offer a variety enough for people who don't like peanut butter. Unfortunately the look of a restaurant is not enought to bring me back.
- The following 480 reviews are from the Sushi POP reviews archive.
- yumCheeseizgoodDined on 4/25/2014Favorite sushi spot in central Fl! Menu always has new and unique selections. Fish always fresh and delicious. Save room for dessert because you can't go wrong with any of them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.