8470 Honeycutt Rd
Raleigh, NC 27614Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sushionenc.com/
- Phone: 919-615-3209
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Thursday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Executive Chef: Larry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Sushi One
We serve the best grade of tuna, salmon, yellow tail, octopus, scallops, and much more seafood! This seafood is served at its prime and you’ll find it will literally melt in your mouth. You'll taste the freshness and sweetness with every bite! For those who are less adventurous, we also serve cooked cuisines from various parts of the Far East, from Chinese to Singaporean! For the freshest seafood this side of the Atlantic, and for the finest Oriental culinary art, you don't need to go to Japan or the Far East; it's right here in the heart of North Raleigh!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sushi One reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (8)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (5)romantic (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good food, marginal service.KrdooDined on 9/6/2014My wife ordered sushi and was pleased with the amount, presentation and taste. I ordered a drink from the menu and it turned out unavailable. My second drink order took 15 minutes to arrive. My food order of shrimp tempura was not even close to correct (I received a plate of sushi) and we had to wait for my correct food. When it finally arrived it was very good. As Sushi One is the closest sushi restaurant to our house we may try it again, but won't rush to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBetaGuardDined on 7/25/2014Sushi One has outstanding food with several specials which keeps the total bill well within reason. On a Friday night they offered buy one get one free sushi roll and had $6 drink specials - a great bargin. Everyone completely enjoyed their meal. Food service was quick and our waiter did a great job keeping drinks full. I highly recommend Sushi One. We noticed many people sitting outside (it was a nice evening) and inside was very, very quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sushiash2kDined on 7/5/2014the buy one get one free sushi was great. the sushi was fresh and yummy. Service was excellent. will go againSpecial Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Sushi One reviews archive.
- Great service even better food!!BergkampgunnerVIPDined on 5/24/2014This place is great no matter what you're looking for. My fiancé always gets the sushi. It is fresh and beautiful in appearance. Extremely tasty… Her favorite spot in Raleigh. I normally get a combination of chicken, rice and/or noodles. All of them are great. You know how some Asian restaurants' chicken doesn't quite look like chicken (mystery shredded meat)? Not here. It's clearly high quality, white breast meat served in chunks so you can tell that it's actually chicken and its tender and wonderful. I can't say enough about this place. We drive-by four or five other sushi places to get here at least once a month and enjoy it every time. Check it out if you haven't!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightstizzlessizzleDined on 5/10/2014Enjoyable. Friday night was a BOGO on all sushi as well as $6.00 discounted drinks. Plan on returning with a larger group.Special Features:
- Solid experienceMLuckyDined on 5/9/2014Good tasty food, accomodates us well when it started pouring outside and we had to be moved inside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh!HummingbirdVIPDined on 4/27/2014We have eaten at Sushi One multiple times in a little over a year and we are always pleased by the freshness of the sashimi - this visit was no different.Special Features:
- Sushi One is number 1PhilerupDined on 4/12/2014The name says it all.. The sushi was perfect.... The hibachi style dishes were out of this world. I highly recommend the filet mignon... Medium rare of course.Special Features:
- Great Sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014went here for my girlfriend's birthday. We were unaware it was BOGO on sushi rolls, which is the best kind of surprise to get. The food was magnificent, I almost wanted to order more. Our server (I don't recall his name, but he was a middle-aged asian gentleman) hadn't been there long but was attentive, polite, and friendly. Highly recommended and will be back again for sure.Special Features:
- don't botherLeighVIPDined on 3/30/2014Their rolls had SO MUCH rice that it was hard to find the fish. The sushi is buy one, get one free, so if you'd like to pay half price for half quality food, eat here, you'll be amazed! The place was practically dead at 8pm on a Sunday except for a few tables of adolescent girls using Groupons. The odd waiter offered a box for the large pieces of nori-wrapped rice I'd picked my fish out of. At least he refilled my water constantly.Special Features:
- Repeat DinerSushi356VIPDined on 3/28/2014My wife and I dine often at the Lafayette Village restaurants some are better than others but we hadn’t experienced Sushi One until early January. Since then we’re been back twice, with friends our last visit, to share this jewel of a restaurant. Whether you’re a pure sushi lover or enjoy nigiri Sushi One has excellent choices and interesting combinations. We combine their 2 for 1 sushi rolls as a starter and share a main entrée, my wife is fond of Salmon Lover, as a combination they make a complete evening meal. Quality is equal to Mura’s at North Hills and prices might be a bit lower and since Sushi One is only 3 miles from our house it’s now our ATF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Asian food in LafayetteSushiDined on 3/9/2014Service was initially slow. Thomas our waiter apologized for the delay and proceeded to so an excellent job. Good food, good atmosphere, easy to get to. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful findNovaVIPDined on 2/26/2014This was my second time here and it was just as awesome as the first. The chef was great, he prepared the deluxe dish and roll without shell fish. The fish was fresh and nice size pieces. I will be back.Special Features:
- The service was not the greatestcmariecoDined on 2/17/2014The service was not the greatest and we had to ask multiple times for the same item. Also, it took quite a to our food out to us even though the restaurant was not full. I would come back again simply to sit outside as Lafayette village is really cute.Special Features:
- Delicious from beginning to end!AlifabVIPDined on 1/19/2014Very attentive and pleasant service from the owner, waiter and sushi masters. Great gyoza, absolutely delicious filet mignon hibachi and how can you end a meal better than some vanilla fried ice cream... :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi One - Party FriendlybkhigbeeDined on 1/4/2014We had a group of about 16 people and Sush One and staff were able to accommodate us very well. The food was awesome, the staff was friendly, courteous, and timely. Overall a great experience. I do and will be going back. Some of the better sushi in the area. the Pad Tai is one of my favorites also.Special Features:
- QualityBergkampgunnerVIPDined on 12/8/2013My GF is sort of a sushi aficionado and this place has some of the best around. Always well done and friendly people. I enjoy the chicken and the fried rice is really really good (I know it's a small thing but it is noticeably better than most). We have also enjoyed the chicken lettuce wraps (again, the best we have bad) and the crab Rangoon. Depending on what you get it can be a little pricier than your standard Asian food takeout but if you are at the point in your life where QUALITY beats quantity go here. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Sushi? Here's the place!MissusbDined on 11/6/2013The selection was extensive and even for the non-sushi eaters in our group, there was lots to choose from on the varied menu. This was our first time here but, won't be our last. Server was attentive but, not in your face. Very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2013My wife and I recently ate here and we will return. While not a 5 star, it is not a 1 star either. We rated it as Better than Most. It is convenient to our home and reasonably priced. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Great date night place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2013We went on a Thursday night to try out a new place and were very pleasantly surprised! The atmosphere was great, very good and friendly service, food was very good and the prices were appropriate. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two sushi rolls at lunch forOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2013Two sushi rolls at lunch for $10. One of mine was not rolled at tightly as it could have been, but everything was tasty. I will return when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceIrishDined on 7/13/2013We had an outstanding experience at Sushi One. The prices were (in my opinion) lower than what we are accustomed to for the level of service and food quality. We enjoyed a couple of the chef's specialties, spring rolls as an appetizer and wine and beer. The atmosphere was relaxing and quiet on a Saturday night, and our waiter was outstanding. I have been there before for lunch and the sushi is very fresh and delicious. Great hidden gem in North Raleigh.Special Features: