Sushi Mikasa - South Beach
1801 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $50 and over
Sushi Mikasa - South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sushimikasa.com/
- Phone: 3055353500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, View
A word from Sushi Mikasa - South Beach
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sushi Mikasa - South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
- delicious food but extremelyfoodie27VIPDined on 4/12/2013delicious food but extremely overpriced. Diner for two $475!!!Special Features:
- Over-hyped! Def not worth it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/6/2013We went with a group of 6 people and figured we would try it since its so hyped up right now. Well it was busy but not packed and the service was horrible! I think there was 1 waiter for the entire restaurant. The restaurant itself was very small and in a weird location in the hotel too. The waiter tried to get us to let him pick our dinner for us cause he said it was so busy that everything was going to take a while to be served! We said no and ordered. And it took forever! The sushi was OK. Nothing special at all. Steaks were not good at all. They ran out of lychee drinks as well. We hardly saw our waiter. Everything just took forever for food that was not worth waiting for. Def not going back. Stick to nobu, makoto or zuma!
- The restaurant was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/17/2013The restaurant was excellent. The sushi was very god, but similar to many other restaurants in the area. The menu was not very unique, but the quality of the food was great. Dined on a Sunday night, and the restaurant was completely empty, the chefs were falling asleep at the sushi bar, we were one of two occupied tables at the restaurant. They only offer one dessert, which was unexpected. "Special roll" was excellent, as was the salmon sashimi with sauteed tomato. The miso cod was not great and neither was the fluke.Special Features:
- Not going backOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/2/2013overpriced, bad service, poor quality, they brought us the same food 3 times, had to constantly remind them of missing dishes and when we just arrived home they called to ask if we were going to keep our reservation tonight. Definitely not going back.
- There are better sushi placesMissCityKVIPDined on 2/1/2013The sushi was overall good. But for the same high prices there are much better places in sobe. One of my oysters was very questionable. We sat at 11:30 and the place was completely dead, however we weren't rushed during our meal which was nice.Special Features:
- Do not go thereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013I have been looking forward to visit sushi Mikasa for weeks and I finally did Saturday night. The service was awful! We kept asking the waiter for recommendations and everything he told us was horrible. We combined a bunch of rolls together (each single roll was 8-10 a piece). We were looking for actual sushi roll platters and we got nothing like that. The ones he told us to get tasted like swamp. Our bill was around $300 and I didn't enjoy it at all. I don't mind paying that at all if the food was satisfying and delightful but that was not the case. Everything we asked for water or sake he would forget and remember15min later. There were 3 tables plus ours so it shouldn't have been that slow. We just wanted to get out as fast as possible.
- We dined here for my sister'sOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/19/2013We dined here for my sister's birthday and it was fabulous. The sushi and sashimi were delicious and fresh. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful. All the food items were fresh and innovative. We loved the warm crab soy paper handroll, the tuna pizza and the crispy rice with tuna appetizer. There were also many unique sashimi items that were outstanding. We appreciated the fact that the sushi was not overpowered with a lot of spicy mayo or tempura crunch which is common in many sushi restaurants. Our waiter helped us choose the wine which perfectly complimented our meal. It is pricy but you get what you pay for at this beautiful restaurant. We hope to return when we are in the South Beach area.Special Features:
- Excelent but too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/5/2013Highest quality sushi I've ever had but extremelly expensiveSpecial Features:
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/3/2013Horrible service and horrible food. Left after appetizers and sent to nobu and had a much better experience. The sushi list was lacking anything with depth or creativity. All the menu items were basic rolls. The drinks we order were descent though.