200 Hudson Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sushilounge.com/
- Phone: 2013861117
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Hours: Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 11:30pm, Thursday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:00am, Saturday 12 Noon - 1:00am. Sunday 12 Noon - 11:30pm: Bar Hours: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:00am, Saturday - Sunday 12 Noon - 2:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Head Sushi Chef: Tony Leung
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our sushi chef will create beautiful platters of sushi for any size party.
- Private Party Facilities: For parties larger than 4, please call the restaurant for reservations.
- Private Party Contact: Jackie Jerram 2013861117
- Entertainment: Live entertainment nightly, D.J. 5 days a week, live music. Tuesday is Martini Night! 1/2 price Martinis all night. Happy Hour M-F 4-6:30 pm half price Martini, 30% off Sushi Ala Carte & Rolls and $1.00 drafts. Sunday and Monday, Sake night; $2 Sake bombs, selected Sake's at reduced prices.
A word from Sushi Lounge
Sushi Lounge isn’t your typical Japanese restaurant: Cool atmosphere and a live DJ make it the place to see and be seen in Hoboken. Sushi Chef Tony Leung, formerly of Tao in New York City, uses the highest quality ingredients in his creations. The sushi and sashimi have been rated best in town four years straight by Hoboken.com, and the custom rolls have garnered great reviews from the press and customers alike. A fully-stocked bar included Japanese specialties such as plum wine and an award winning sake list, as well as an extensive martini menu that is available at 1/2 price on Tuesdays. The DJ spins tunes every evening, and on "Sake Bomb Sunday," live bands enhance the restaurant’s upbeat vibe. It’s no surprise that Sushi Lounge was not only the sole New Jersey restaurant to be listed on Citysearch’s 2004/2005 New York "Best of" list, but it was also named among the top five sushi restaurants in New York City. ****** Please note:turn time on parties of two is maximum of 90.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sushi Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
romantic (2)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Even though we were a littleannoulaVIPDined on 1/19/2013Even though we were a little late to our reservation, they were able to seat us right away. Wasn't too busy the time we went on Saturday night. My friends and I ordered some pad thai and various rolls which were all great! Service was good and overall, I don't have any complaints.Special Features:
- A sushi bar with a nightclubzorbaVIPDined on 10/24/2012A sushi bar with a nightclub atmosphere! The DJ was pumping out such great music: we kept looking for a dance floor!Special Features:
- Great Hoboken SushiSouthOrangeDinerDined on 9/4/2012We were looking for a great sushi place in NJ and followed the recommendations to Sushi Lounge in Hoboken. It did not disappoint! All of the sushi was inventive and really fresh. I had the pork appetizer which wasn't all that good but the rest of the meal was outstanding. It was my daughters birthday and they had a fun selection of virgin cocktails that she fell in love with. They brought her a candle in her fried ice cream and our waitress was particularly nice. Great spot, great cold sake menu, go for the fish!
- Great place for lunch!kg123Dined on 5/7/2012I usually come here with 5-10 people for lunch and they always do a great job serving us, seating us, and feeding us--the sushi is high quality and you can get a lunch special for $15 that includes 3 pieces of sushi, a sushi roll, and miso soup. The dinner prices are higher of course, but it's my strong belief that this place has been unfortunately ignored as a (cheap and excellent!) lunch option.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, nice dimOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2012Great atmosphere, nice dim lighting with music playing in the background. Service was wonderful and quick. The bar looked amazing for social gatherings, but there were also small tables for a more intimate dinning experience. The chicken pad thai was delicious along with a few of their specialty drinks like the watermelontini. I would defInitely enjoy dinning here again and trying their many other dishes.Special Features:
- The food was really good asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2012The food was really good as was the 1/2 priced martini. The service was good as well.Special Features:
- Dynamite spicy tuna roll.campianoVIPDined on 3/6/2012Dynamite spicy tuna roll. Nice balance between slightly spicy and still tasting the fish. Doesn't happen often. It was chef's selection, and the only thing a didn't like was the shrimp -- it tasted fine, but it is such a boring choice in my opinion. Nice place.Special Features:
- My friends and I met at SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/19/2012My friends and I met at Sushi Lounge for lunch on Sunday. Food was great as well as the specialty cocktail of the day. Our server was very accommodating.Special Features:
- Overall, a lovely ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012Overall, a lovely Valentines Day experience. Would have liked a bit more privacy (our table was pretty much on top of the diners around us). Service was great and the food was great also. Would go back, but will remember to request a table upstairs for more privacy and space.Special Features:
- Good sushi at great prices!ZugTheMegasaurusDined on 2/14/2012Good sushi at great prices! This place had openings at the last minute on Valentine's Day (since it's my birthday and I don't realize everyone else is going out for another reason, I never remember to book ahead). We shared a few rolls and a round of drinks (the saketini is worth a try) and the price was surprisingly low, especially considering the good quality of the food. Would definitely go back!
- Expensive for what the foodAMANJVIPDined on 1/31/2012Expensive for what the food is - you can get better and cheaper sushi nearby. Very loud restaurant, which is observation, since some people like that and others don't. Pleasant but inattentive waitress - water glasses were not refilled.Special Features:
- Pretty good food, but sometad1232000VIPDined on 1/15/2012Pretty good food, but some of the fish was a bit bland seemed a bit dated. The Sashimi was attractive, but the pieces were just too large for one bite. So made it difficult to eat, I would suggest they give two pieces and still just charge the one price.
- Sushi GemVinnyDined on 8/22/2011Great martini twists. Sushi is excellent. Hip music but not too loud. Hoboken has outside seating that is perfect this time of year (August).Special Features:
- Service was outstanding, CaitlinOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/13/2011Service was outstanding, Caitlin was an awesome waitress. Sushi was good as always. A bit loud for socializing, but very energetic vibes.
- This sushi place in HobokenOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/11/2011This sushi place in Hoboken could rival any sushi place in Manhattan - delicious!Special Features:
- One of our regular spots.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2011One of our regular spots. Always have a good time.Special Features:
- Fancy Fish @ Fractional CostShabVIPDined on 5/3/2011Amazingly fresh fish and innovative dishes; the Japanese Risotto and Tuna Burger Sliders are not to be missed. DEEEEEEEE-LISH!Special Features:
- The happy hour sushi rollsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2011The happy hour sushi rolls were amazing. And at 1/2 price before 6:30, it must be one of the best deals in town.Special Features:
- Very good sushi and a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/13/2011Very good sushi and a nice atmosphere. I just wish the tables weren't so close together.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2011In my opinion, this place has the best sushi in Hoboken. The staff is very friendly and quick but not overwhelming. It has always been a place with a great vibe and seems to be a place that is popular with the locals as well as people visiting from out of town. The atmosphere is fun and great for small groups or for a date. I recommend the sushi lounge a big thumbs up.Special Features:
- OK, I just love this place,excellenMarcVIPDined on 10/18/2010OK, I just love this place,excellent service and excellent food,can't go wrong!Special Features:
- great sushi but very veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2010great sushi but very very loud on when there is a dj
- I frequent Sushi Lounge forOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2010I frequent Sushi Lounge for lunch as it is near my work but it great for any occassion! Try the Ying Yang roll - amazing!Special Features:
- the sushi is amazing - i thinkOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2010the sushi is amazing - i think the best in hoboken. you should def try to go before 6:30 to get the happy hour special which is half price for a bunch of appetizers and also some sushi rolls. absolutely worth it - a lot of specialty rolls are included in this happy hour special. tip - get the optimistic roll - it comes with 3 amazing sauces that make the whole experience worth while!Special Features:
- Excellent food. The serverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010Excellent food. The server was very friendly and helpful. Bar area is way too small to accommodate the amount of patrons.Special Features:
- Loved the sushi! Drinks wereTBO21VIPDined on 1/25/2010Loved the sushi! Drinks were okay, as was our Yaki Soba.Special Features:
- Best sushi in HobokenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2009Love, love, love this place. Best sushi in HobokenSpecial Features:
- For the one time ever, weOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/26/2008For the one time ever, we ordered a bad dish at Sushi Lounge. Our traditional sushi was fantastic as always, but the fish dish we ordered was a bit on the mushy side with a serious lack of flavor. Love going here and ordering take-out a few times a month but this latest trip wasn't so hot.Special Features:
- Not really a romantic placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2008Not really a romantic place to dine. With a DJ spinning during dinner hours, its hard to hold a decent conversation. Martini's are fantastic esp. on Tues for 1/2 price martini night. Fusion sushi rolls are pretty inventive. But if you're going just for traditional sushi, skip this place. There are many other places in Hoboken that can offer the same or better traditional menu without all the trendiness and loud Hoboken crowd.Special Features:
- Totally, reasonable priceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/12/2008Totally, reasonable price and reasonable taste. Tenpura Rock Shrimp is perfect and never seen in other restaurant.Special Features:
- Was seated in what appearedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/30/2008Was seated in what appeared to be the bar area on a night that was not busy. Was disappointed as an Open Table VIP member. But the food was very good, as were the drinks, the menu was extensive, the price was reasonable to high.Special Features: