Sushi Ko - Glover Park
2309 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Sushi Ko - Glover Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sushikorestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2023334187
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Koji Terano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sushi Ko - Glover Park
The Sushi Ko food philosophy is Cuisine of Subtraction. According to Creative Director Daisuke Utagawa, subtraction allows chefs to reveal the essence of each ingredient in it's most honest yet refined state. By subtly combining other ingredients, a taste sensation is created that demonstrates the complexity and beauty of nature for the eye and the palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sushi Ko - Glover Park reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sushi Ko=Ok SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2013I had high expectations for Sushi Ko, based on the opinions of a handful of friends. The food and service was good but not quite as mind-blowingly delicious as I had hoped. I wouldn't say I was necessarily disappoined, just not overly impressed.
- The best sushi ever! VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/12/2013The best sushi ever! Very fresh and a wonderful combination of flavors. Loved the seaweed salad and the crunchy spicy tuna roll. Can't wait to go back! The waitress we had was exceptional -- very patient with our ordering and extremely helpful in recommending different dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi-KoAHBDCDined on 6/5/2013Love sushi-ko!! Although, this visit they incorrectly charged us, so trying to resolve it now. The sushi is excellent and normally we have no issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old reliablepickyomnivoreVIPDined on 5/31/2013Sushi-Ko met our expectations for the umpteenth time. The sashimi and service are always top-notch. It's a tad noisy on a Saturday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi-Ko is unfailing in itsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/26/2013Sushi-Ko is unfailing in its A+ food (fresh and well prepped) and warm service. We have been there many times and love the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful service andHeresHowDined on 5/25/2013Always wonderful service and food at Sushi Ko. Can't wait to go back...Special Features:
- RenovateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2013Food and service fine but place needs renovation, no atmosphere whatsoever.
- Great Sushi!LisaVIPDined on 5/12/2013Yum! Sushi/Sashimi here is always delectable. The sauces are particularly good, making their seaweed salad and grilled scallops particularly good. Service is efficient. I've always found the decor, particularly after a makeover to be a bit cold but that's a matter of opinion. Choices regarding desserts are usually limited but I love their ice creams. It's expensive but the food is of great quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice to be backgloverVIPDined on 5/12/2013We live in the neighborhood but don't seem to get to Sushi Ko very often. Having a coupon got us there last weekend. Everything we ordered was delicious as always and we had great service. Super tender tenderloin on skewer. Great vegetable tempura. When we remembered a selection of all 3 ice creams as a dessert offering in the past that we'd enjoyed, our server accomodated us with our choice of 3 for a less than per scoop price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers day bummerodaat2012Dined on 5/12/2013Went there Mother's Day 2013. Took 45 minutes from when we sat down to get any food- even after we ordered additional appetizers. Server seemed pretty oblivious and over-wrought. Wasabi on kids sushi and rolls. (would have been nice to be asked...) Kitchen was out of 2 items we ordered, we eventually found out from server. Admittedly, it was somewhat busy, but not that crazy. Maybe the waitress was new. But ultimately, if you have tables in your restaurant, you need to be able to get food to them in a timely manner. $140 dinner for family of , and would have been better off getting sushi from whole foods next door. Its a bummer, cause we are longtime fans of the restaurant, in both its locations. But on this occasion, fail!
- Try the seared scallops andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2013Try the seared scallops and lobster with ponzu cream sauce. 3Special Features:
- Sushi-Ko sets the standardOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/25/2013Sushi-Ko sets the standard for truly great Japanese food.Special Features:
- Excellent sushiWeEatOutVIPDined on 4/18/2013Very good sushi, fresh and innovative, chef willing to modify and staff anxious to make things just right. Very nice experienceSpecial Features:
- Our favorite spot for sushi.DCdinerVIPDined on 4/14/2013Our favorite spot for sushi. Great service and wonderful food.Special Features:
- Very good food, but small portions.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013The food is very tasty but the portions, including the sushi, are small. The service was very good. It's worth a visit, but won't be a frequent outing for me and my wife.Special Features:
- Great sushi in a friendlyDCdinerVIPDined on 3/16/2013Great sushi in a friendly atmosphere. Nothing fancy, but good food.Special Features:
- Some of the best sushi inOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Some of the best sushi in the city. Great selection. Always super fresh.Special Features:
- Best Sushi in DCOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2013This is my favorite sushi spot in DC and has never let me down. The chefs are amazing and talented, and are quick to give you a smile and educate you on what they are making when sitting at the sushi bar. I tried the tuna sushimi platter to mix things up, and it was AMAZING! I usually get the spicy crunchy tuna rolls which are equally as good. Authentic soups are delicious as well and the portions are perfect. Edamame is always steamed perfectly and super-fresh, with just the right amount of sea salt sprinkled for taste. Note, most dishes are topped with a healthy serving of roe, so be sure to ask to have it removed if you are not a fan. It is only open for dinner and its best to make a reservation to ensure you are seated.Special Features:
- The food was nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2013The food was nothing special. The grilled octupas was too sweet and the sashimi/sushi were not especially fresh. Also they've sold out of the fatty tuna (it took them 30 minutes to inform us). The food took a long time to arrive. Overall, it was not a good experience for us.
- Incredible Walk-in SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/15/2013Tuna 5-ways = awesome; lobster & sea urchin, seared fatty salmon, dragon roll (ell), flounder w/ yuzu, and a few more (sad I can't remember). Next time, I am going to do the Omakese (sp?) menu and put my meal in the hands of the chef.Special Features:
- The food at Sushi Ko - GloverKodemeister7Dined on 2/14/2013The food at Sushi Ko - Glover Park is tasty, however, it is getting to be very expensive to dine there.Special Features:
- They have very good food.KarineVIPDined on 2/12/2013They have very good food. My only complain: Some servers move fast to take away wine bottles from tables without emptying them completely.
- The sushi was terrific, specificallOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013The sushi was terrific, specifically the tuna sashimi. Also had the beef tenderloin tataki and that was a steak to remember. Service was good just like you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. Overall a great experience definitely would go again. Very good food for the price.Special Features:
- Always the best sushi in town.LuvgoodfoodandwineVIPDined on 2/9/2013Always the best sushi in town. Specials are terrific and dessert - specifically the ice cream - are not to be missed.Special Features:
- Go for the tasteGanibarDined on 2/4/2013The Sushi is the best and the flavor of the quiant neighborhood restaurant with a City wide reputation for being the best, is met.Special Features:
- The food was very good andLadiesWhoBrunchVIPDined on 1/17/2013The food was very good and the service was attentive. We sat upstairs which was perfect for a friendly catchup.
- The only problem with SushiallyblahVIPDined on 12/26/2012The only problem with Sushi Ko is the ambiance. The space looks old and a bit run down. But that's it! The quality of the food and service more than make up for it.Special Features:
- Get the crunchy shrimp withdiningexpertVIPDined on 12/15/2012Get the crunchy shrimp with creamy ponzu. It's the best thing on the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great sushitgindcVIPDined on 12/14/2012Whoa, they were out of Sapporo beer before we were seated at 7:30 p.m. on a Friday night! But the food was fantastic as always. Grilled octopus is a wonderful starter, and we continue to favor the eel rolls. But this time we tried the crunchy spicy salmon roll, and ended up ordering a second one.Special Features:
- Great food. Horrible w ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2012Sushi Ko is a great neighborhood spot but every time I make a reservation there is still a wait....It is very frustrating when you have guests in town and we are forced to crowd in the tiny entrance of Sushi Ko for 1/2 an hour before our table is ready.
- Worth the commuteLovebrunchVIPDined on 12/12/2012Miso eggplant mussel soup is amazing! Never had a bad sushi roll here. Only downside kind of expensive so I buy a lot of coupon deals and save up! Also location for glover park is hard but worth the trek!
- Sushi Ko has been a consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/12/2012Sushi Ko has been a consistently high quality restaurant in Glover Park for many years and after my last visit, it continues the tradition.Special Features:
- Low key expensive place -deepbahiaDined on 12/9/2012Low key expensive place - Sushi is actually fresh and tasteSpecial Features:
- excellent atmosphere and notjoannDined on 12/7/2012excellent atmosphere and not too noisy so we could talk. fish was very fresh, though a bit high pricedSpecial Features:
- Best sushi in Washington forIntheneighborhoodVIPDined on 12/6/2012Best sushi in Washington for my taste. Would be a more attractive place to go if the lighting weren't so dim (except at the sushi bar). Candles on the table or something similar would really help.
- The FIRST in town and rightfully,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012The FIRST in town and rightfully, still earns the mantle of 'BENCHMARK' for the BEST SUSHI in town !Special Features:
- The food at Sushi Ko - GloverBetsyVIPDined on 11/30/2012The food at Sushi Ko - Glover Park is always great. Standouts this time were the salmon ceviche, sashimi assortment, and espresso panna cotta. It still has that hole-in-the-wall feel, though, that makes an evening there feel just a bit less like a treat than it would in a more inviting setting.Special Features:
- waitress wasnt very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012waitress wasnt very good. soy sauce dispensers were empty at our table and all tables around us. She was hard to get a hold of to request more.Special Features:
- We four ate a variety of sushi,gloverVIPDined on 11/25/2012We four ate a variety of sushi, the interesting and delicious ice creams, the banana tempura dessert, great veggie tempura, and more that I've forgotten. Living in the neighborhood, we don't get here as often as we should. The food is reliably great! Always interesting and well presented.Special Features:
- sushi-noOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012terrible service, mediocre food, and closed for lunch so I wasted my trip. I will not go again.