2717 78th Ave SE
Mercer Island, WA 98040Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sushijoa.com/
- Phone: 2062304120
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM Dinner: Daily : 3:00PM - 9:00PM *Note: Any coupons or special offers will not allowed when you make a reservation thru this site.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Sushi & other Party Platters, individual bento boxes for office meetings, birthday parties etc.
A word from Sushi Joa
Sushi Joa offers large selection sushi including specialty rolls,house rolls, combination plates, bento boxes and many other Japanese cuisine at reasonable price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sushi Joa reviews from OpenTable diners
- Reliable qualityFrequentDinerVIPDined on 6/10/2013I have dined there regularly alone or with my wife. We have always found the food enjoyable and service friendly. The owner is usually there making sure all goes smoothly. They also often have a special. Try their special rolls on the blackboard as appetizer or part of dinner, and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took my department of 7OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2012I took my department of 7 to lunch and we were seated a couple of tables pushed together that were normally sit 6. We didn't really have enough table space to make it comfortable. The restuarant is small and is better suited for groups of 4 or less. The sushi rolls, bento, tempura, and teriyaki were very good. Wait staff was OK. Since our table was so small, it would have been nice if the wait staff were more proactive to remove unnecessary dishes and garbage. But I would go back (by myself or 1 other person).Special Features:
- Sushi Joa was an amazing foodnancyscatDined on 3/31/2012Sushi Joa was an amazing food experience. Since we are Japanese, we have been to a number of Japanese restaurants, and this one is right at or near the top. It was my Mother's 91st birthday, and she absolutely loved it. We had a birthday cake party after, and she told all the guests about it, too. We rarely get to Mercer Island, but may frequent more often now. Any adjective for "great place" certainly apply here. No negatives, except the parking lot is small, so if you come at a busy time you may not get close parking, but the walk is well worth it. My husband had the Chirashi Sushi, and we feel it is one of the "telling " dishes on a menu. He loved it, and it came with a 7train roll that was so delicious!Special Features:
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/27/2012I had no idea there was such a great restaurant on Mercer Island, and I've lived here for 8 years! The bento lunch is yummy and HUGE. And at the end they brought the juiciest orange slices drizzled with mango syrup. Heaven! I will definitely be back - this is my favorite MI place, and is definitely worth a trip to Mercer Island if you are looking for a convenient and GOOD lunch spot.Special Features:
- Nice place. Nothing notable,jimzinVIPDined on 3/19/2012Nice place. Nothing notable, but good sushi. From the sushi bar you can see into the kitchen, clean but not my favorite view.
- Great Sushi and Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Sushi Joa is an excellent Japanese restaurant - their sushi chefs are very skilled and friendly, and their Japanese food is pretty authentic as well (though they use American vegetables in their noodle dishes). There are always tables in the evening before 6. Consistently excellent food, and a great staff as well.Special Features:
- Great, fresh sushi. FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2011Great, fresh sushi. Friendly service. Decent prices. What's not to love?Special Features: