888 W A St
Hayward, CA 94541Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sushiichimoto.com/
- Phone: 5108870166x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon Lunch: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Mon Dinner: 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Tue Lunch: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Tue Dinner: 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Wed Lunch: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Wed Dinner: 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Thur Lunch: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Thur Dinner: 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Fri Lunch: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Fri Dinner: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Sat Lunch: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Sat Dinner: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Sun Dinner: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Sushi Ichimoto catering services has been providing the very best in Sushi and Japanese cuisine for private parties and corporate clients in the San Francisco Bay Area. With exceptional food and stunning presentation, we are able to add dazzle to any event. We specialize in an exceptional taste experience for social affairs and corporate events.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining service starts in our traditional Japanese-style dinning rooms. 2-3 servers are assigned to the room to ensure high level of service. We have special dinning packages for a truly exceptional experience for our guests.
- Private Party Contact: Carrie 5108870166x
A word from Sushi Ichimoto
Sushi Ichimoto is a family owned restaurant. We specialize in exquisite Japanese cuisine and providing an exceptional dinning experience to our guest. Our main focus is on the freshest sushi possible, but we do offer an assortment of traditional Japanese dishes as well. We offer a sushi bar, private group dining, and catering services. We are open for lunch everyday except Sundays and dinner everyday of the week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sushi Ichimoto reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (1)Show More
- Don't judge food by building looksFeinschmeckerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Sushi was FRESH! I almost did not go in, because of the condition of the parking lot and building. Once inside, the super friendly staff had me convinced. The fish some of the freshest I had for a long time. Rolls were huge, and perfectly seasoned. This is where the local "natives" go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Sushi Ichimoto reviews archive.
- Sushi644SteveVIPDined on 6/6/2014The sushi and sashimi were very fresh, very good. A surprising find in Hayward.Special Features:
- Need to Fix OpenTable Profiledeg37Dined on 4/16/2014They close for lunch at 2:30 but their OpenTable profile allows a 2:30 reservation. We arrived early for our 2:30 reservation and we were told four times in the next 20 minutes that it was last call for the kitchen. Of course, we got our food really fast. On the TV behind the sushi chefs they had an inappropriate TV show on - it was a reality show of people caught on tape fighting. They also turned off some of the lights in the restaurant while we were still eating. Come on! It was rude. It wasn't our fault that they are misadvertising their hours on OpenTable. Overall, I will go back because the food was great. I'll just make sure it is at an hour that works better for them...
- Delicious sushi rollkoffeegreenVIPDined on 2/21/2014We come back to this restaurant twice in a roll within a week. The service is good. We sit at the booth area where is very quite. The sushi rolls are very delicious. The sashimi (salmon, yellow tail and tuna) are very fresh. The sweet shrimps' sashimi are tasty, but the deep fried shrimps' heads are not crispy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Valentine's Day DinnerkoffeegreenVIPDined on 2/14/2014Yummy Japanese late-night dinner is very good. The sashimi is very fresh. The umi is tasty. The rolls are good too. The food comes a bit late because the restaurant is pack of people. The server , angle, doesn't speak fluent English, but she takes good effort to explain herself.Special Features:
- What a pleasant surprise in HaywardJamieFukuisanDined on 2/14/2014Have been driving by for years and when I was checking for a Valentine's Day dinner spot this place came up on Opentable so I took a chance. The parking lot was packed for my 6 PM reservation. I counted seating for aout 100 and when we left the restaurant was packed and so was the lobby with folks waiting to or a table or a seat at the bar. Worth the wait, nothing disappointed us and we'll come again.Special Features:
- Best kept secret in HaywardMARGEDined on 2/11/2014This little hidden gem was a delightful surprise! Had lunch there with a long time friend that has lots of stomach problems. She had no problem with the food. The food was absolutly delicious, beautifully served. The service was top notch. Very attentive, not intrusive. Ambiance was calm and inviting. It was such a wonderful dining experience, we're going back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly staff, good foodKatrinaDined on 12/31/2013Went for family new year's dinner, and with 8 people, we got a spacious private room with a japanese style table/dining. The food was tasty. There's a good variety of food (it's not just sushi, although the sushi is fresh). I recommend the seafood tobanyaki since there's a lot of seafood in it and it's not as sweet a sukiyaki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowCygnusDined on 11/1/2013Excellent find in Hayward. Not just a sushi bar - good quality japanese food.Special Features:
- Great Sushi in HaywardOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/28/2013Three of us went for a quick lunch and ordered 2 specialty rolls, one CA roll, and one Spicy tuna roll. I wasn't expecting much because it's sushi in Hayward. I've only had moderate sushi in here. I was pleasantly surprised. The rolls were very generous in size, but the fish was very fresh and well seasoned. The prices were reasonable. I'd definitely come again. I live in SF, so it'd be a drive well worth it.Special Features:
- fresh and reasonableCVdinerDined on 8/21/2013The sushi was fresh and tasty. Two of us shared 3 rolls and all were great. The place is clean. The price was reasonable for sushi. I look forward to going again. Don't let the neighborhood fool you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2013We had originally tried to book at Mizu in Campbell, but they had no reservations available. We searched for comparable sushi restaurants in the bay area. Thanks to Open Table we found Sushi Ichimoto. It was a great experience. They have a good selection of other food for the non sushi lovers in your party. We will definitely think of them for our future celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fresh sushi with widePaloSoloDined on 3/25/2013Good fresh sushi with wide variety of selections. Lobster roll is not on menu and was the best!Special Features:
- Food was amazing!! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/15/2013Food was amazing!! Great team of workers too! Fun and energetic!Special Features:
- Unfortunately, was late forakodaVIPDined on 2/14/2013Unfortunately, was late for my reservation so they had to give away my table but, fortunately, I could sit at the sushi bar. The sushi was great, very fresh fish!
- The resturant has a specialCarebear168Dined on 2/7/2013The resturant has a special dish called 'volcano', try it!Special Features: