4504 Kukui St.
Kapaa, HI 96746Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sushibushido.com/
- Phone: 8088220664
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 2:00pm-5:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Victor Heresa Jr.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Victor 8086355511
- Entertainment: Live local music, nights may vary. Call for more information.
A word from Sushi Bushido
Sushi Bushido offers traditional, contemporary, new wave, and local style sushi. We are known for our fresh fish selection and our innovative and unique sushi rolls. The Golden Roll, Lava Roll, and Butter Me Up are some of the favorites. A full kitchen menu is also offered with an extensive sake menu. Our atmosphere is known to be personable and upbeat. Come see our sushi chefs in action.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Sushi Bushido - Best Restaurants in Kapaa ›
Sushi Bushido reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (9)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great SushiMarkNLu0304Dined on 9/12/2014Had a great time and loved the food! Also entertainment was excellentSpecial Features:
- Fresh and FriendlyDiscerningDinerDined on 8/26/2014First, we have to give the restaurant credit for going out of their way to seat us even though we were late for our reservation. The lateness explains why several menu items weren't available -- a good sign in our opinion since it indicates a commitment to freshness. We found the service to be friendly. The specialty rolls were creative -- we especially liked the lollipop roll -- as delicious as it was beautifully presented.Special Features:
- You need reservations here!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Sushi Bushido fills up quickly but using OpenTable was the fastest and easiest way to make your reservations.Special Features:
- Better daysSnV808Dined on 8/14/2014Found service to be seated super slow and music a bit too loud. Food still good. Had multiple servers who got confused as to who asked what and if order was placed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Island StyleTravellingRonDined on 8/11/2014Sushi Bushido was a pleasant surprise and brought some great local fish to our plates. I love to see local items on menus and the ahi and hamachi did not disappoint - fresh, firm and flavourful - the three F's of sushi were all in play. We had a table of 7 and our waitress was great - being the last table of the night didn't result in the usual rush you out routine. She was patient with the kids but quick to attend to water, saki, juicenor whatever was needed. 2nd requests for rolls were happily attended to. The rolls had some local twists and were well presented and balanced. Overall a very good restaurant that I would gladly retuen to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, spotty serviceGoldenjagDined on 8/11/2014We went to Sushi Bushido for my birthday and I was very much looking forward to it. Prices were steep but for sushi and Kauai it wasn't too terrible. What was really disappointing was the timing of the food. My sushi only dinner came out very quickly but we had to wait at least 1/2 hour for the rest of my family to get their food (teryiaki and a steak dish) which was really annoying, not to mention stressful as we had our two young children with us. We also had to wait a long time for our appetizer, by the time it came we were almost done eating. I would eat there again if the kitchen timing was better, but if not I probably wouldn't bother.
- Great Sushi in the heart of KapaaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Excellent sushi for the family. We come here for special occasions all the time and when we feel the urge for fine sushi dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- honeymoon mealhawaiihoneymoonersDined on 8/11/2014We are in kauai on our honeymoon and we went here from our first dinner on kauai. Food was delicious. Not the best we'd ever had, but still really good. My favorite was the no foiling around. Overall nice meal, nice place. Would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi with style!ActivityKauaiDined on 8/6/2014Sushi Bushidos is a must. They offer an eclectic variety of sushi, with top notch fresh fish and sushi chefs that make it special to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time VisitsushifixDined on 8/3/2014This was our second visit; the first being July 2013 when we last came to Kauai. The online reservation system was easy and insured a table at the time we wanted. The food was excellent as was our first experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Live Singer & Great Foodlove2dineVIPDined on 7/28/2014The mixed drinks were great. Food was tasty, especially the teriyaki steak and the sushi rolls. Service was great. The live musician and singer were excellent! Bring back Joey Charles; he is very talented! We decided to listen to him sing more, so we ordered more food and another drink--we found ourselves singing along with him from our table! Put this special restaurant on your list when you visit Kauai!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLE Staff!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Waited for over 30 minutes for our table after getting there with a reservation already made. The restaurant was half empty. People came after us and were seated before us. Then when finally seated we waited over 15 minutes and "workers" kept passing us by and never even so much as made eye contact or offered water. They didn't even care one bit as we got up and walked out. They have successfully lost all of my future business. Way to go, lazy worthless staff!
- love the food!sushiloverDined on 7/11/2014Food is absolutely amazing and the service was helpful and friendly. Gave great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AppetizerLoverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Six of us ordered sushi and rolls and we enjoyed them all. The waitress recommended some special rolls, which we liked, too. Try the lollipop sushi, it's fun. Our only problem was when she spilled the special brown sauce for the Lollipop sushi on one of us, making quite a mess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid sushiWailuahomesteadDined on 7/6/2014The sushi and the food from the kitchen was good. I really like the baked lobster roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!SushiAddictDined on 6/24/2014Due to our late reservation (8:15pm, the only restaurant in the area that would take a reservation that late) our sushi was a little delayed because of a full restaurant. Our server Grant greeted us quickly and got our drinks going. He kept coming back and apologizing for the wait but we didn't mind. The music was good and the restaurant atmoshere was festive. Once the food came it came all at once and it was fantastic. The sushi chefs didn't cut any corners because we were the last table. The presentation and quality of the sushi was as if we were the 7:00 table. Again, every person we encountered there were friendly and professional. Grant was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi great but regular food aveSUSHILOVERVIPDined on 6/15/2014This was our 2nd time here and I've noticed they are known and well off known for their sushi, I wouldn't count on their regular food entrees (tempura, fish entrees, steak etc.) The sushi was very good and satisfying - The gold karat roll and Muchiko Roll (sp?). However, we ordered a mixed tempura plate and the spicy scallop/fish entrée and they were both ok. The fish entrée was overcooked, very dry. This goes for our 1st and 2nd time. We also got the soba salad and it didn't have enough dressing which was a simply fix. The steak we got the 1st visit also didn't have much seasoning and was not the greatest for over $30. Otherwise the ambiance and service was great! Our server did not mind our infant making a little bit of a mess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at Bushido, not goodRogerVIPDined on 6/10/2014This is not a sushi restaurant. In a word, the food was awful----this is the best I can say about this restaurant.
- Kauai SushichevalVIPDined on 6/3/2014Great menu, and Food! Anyone visiting the Island of Kauai, Hawaii should visit Sushi Bushido for wonderful sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 47 reviews are from the Sushi Bushido reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/16/2014Fish was fresh. Rolls were creative and tasty. Did not have everything they advertise on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014My wife and I enjoyed the experience. The manager quickly noticed that we needed assistance and passed the request to our server who was busy. Our evening experience was quite pleasant.Special Features:
- Top notch sushi for Kauai!76SouthDined on 5/10/2014First time trying this place. Prices are good for sushi. Had reservations and was seated immediately, service was fast and friendly and the sushi was perfect. Will come back when I return to Kauai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceSnV808Dined on 5/2/2014Waitress nice and attentive bit sushi chefs took forever and it was 845pm and less than 1/2 of restaurant filled. Spicy Cosmo roll and lollipop roll where awesome. Perfect snow sake was good and potent. Thick n milky21% alcohol 30lml bottle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR FAVORIE SUSHI RESTAURANT!!!JulesDined on 4/29/2014AWSOME FOOD, SERVICE, DRINKS....EVERYTHING WAS EXCELLENT!!! SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS LETTERS ITS DEFINATELY A GOOD SHOUT OUTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coconut Wireless RollemtorgDined on 4/21/2014Cocount Wireless Roll was amazing. Sushi chef was worth watching.Special Features:
- Great sushiTKandAKDined on 3/29/2014We had great sushi & you can tell the food is made with love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibe and great sushi!NatSDined on 3/15/2014Really enjoyed Sushi Bushido during our stay in Kauai. We returned for a 2nd visit after having delicious sushi and entrees' on our first visit. One of the few locations open late. Live music during the week. We called ahead the first night, Wed, to hold a table for 4 and were seated within 10min after our arrival. Sushi rolls were delicious; spicy items are definitely spicy. Would recommend to anyone looking for sushi on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time in Kapa'aMikeyDined on 3/2/2014We came at opening of business at 5 no wait. Good, sake and wine was all good! Excellently prepared, very fresh although saw the uni and it looked sketchy. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for sashimi and was notJimmDined on 2/26/2014Went for sashimi and was not disappointed. Fresh, tasty and reasonably priced. Kimi, our waitress, was exceptional. Service was far and above what the reviews would have you think. Maki rolls were good but not any better than we have had on the mainland. All in all it was a good meal. Go for the sashimi!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!Lunagirl1Dined on 2/24/2014Bushido's is of those places you love to go back to. The food, staff and service are always consistent and good. Great energy and great people!Special Features:
- I had very good feeling aboutZabbaDined on 2/8/2014I had very good feeling about this place the moment we walked in! It was very clean, the host was friendly and the waitress seemed new but nice enough. The tables were very clean and the menu was very well organized. That however was the end of the nice stuff. The food was very very low quality. The best roll they had was the California roll. My party of four had ordered 5 specialty rolls and well they looked nice, the taste was non existent and they rolls were so large it was near impossible to fit a piece into your mouth. All in all I can comfortably say that it was the worst sushi I ever had in my life.
- DeliciousKokoDined on 1/30/2014Beautiful Restraunt. The paintings inside are amazing. There's music and good energy inside. The food is OUTSTANDING. My favorites are the butter me up roll and of course their golden roll. I'm also impressed with opentable for making it easy. I had know idea that I could make reservations just like that!
- Great Sushi Restaurant.BigWaveDined on 1/30/2014Fantastic food and service! Great find for Sushi lovers. Many great dishes and well priced for the quality. Service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought the food was horrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014I thought the food was horrible. The server was very nice and did a great job. I would not recommend this for good sushi on Kauai.
- Superb foodBummiesDined on 12/30/2013We really enjoyed our dining experience here. Me and my husband likes Japanese food and this place did not disappoint. The only part we did not understand was, they made us wait for 15 mins when we have reservation and there were several tables open in front of us. A line has formed within that 15 mins and we were there on time. When the hostess finally decided to seat us, we were seated right on one of the initially open tables. Besides that, we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent special rollsSteveGDined on 12/15/2013The rainbow roll was superb, subtle and tasty. Didn't care much for the lava roll - I guess I'm not a fan of warm sushi. The tsukamono was singularly disappointing. Though fresh, the dressing was strange and not the simple rice wine vinegar I'm accustomed to. Overall, imaginative, vibrant but pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refered by a localDP768Dined on 12/4/2013We were staying at a resort in Lihue and the office personal said the locals love this place so we had to try it. We made a reservation and got in no problem, Service was great and the sushi was fresh and fantastic. We made a reservation for another night as well but were unable to go. If we are in Kauai again we will defiantly get back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushiIlovesushiDined on 11/29/2013The food was ok I always go to Kintaros n thought I try this place but u can get way more at Kintaros for way cheaper. N the servers arnt rude when givin the check n sayin she will give us her change back but in reality we tipped her big n she gives $5 left in the servin book. It was a good experience overall though the sushi chefs were great. No complaints on the food and drinks overall. Def our eyes were way bigger than our tummy.Special Features:
- Fresh, tasty, and consistentHokuDined on 11/26/2013The food is ALWAYS fresh and awesome. Staff is outgoing and friendly. Wait times, if any, is minimal and worth it. I suggest to any reader if you are in the mood for good sushi. Establishment owner, Victor, is very professional and successful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good vibeStacyDined on 11/26/2013Great rolls. Fresh fish. Looks like live music some nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.