1571 W. Redstone Ctr. Dr. #140
Park City, UT 84098Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.billwhiterestaurantgroup.com/sushi-blue.html
- Phone: 4355754272x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Matt McMillen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Sushi Blue
Sushi Blue is Bill White’s seventh restaurant in Park City, Utah. Sushi Blue offers a contemporary atmosphere complete with flat screen TVs above the sushi bar, original paintings and an inventive menu. Serving various types of cuisine, from sushi rolls to burgers, to wraps and Asian soups, everyone is sure to find something on the menu to enjoy. Gluten-free and vegetarian options are available from both the regular menu, as well as the sushi menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sushi Blue reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014It was a very special night and the service made it that. Made it a great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a blastGirlsnightoutDined on 9/12/2014We had so much fun we were sitting by another group of Ladies that was there on a girls night out.. We didn't have to worry about having fun. The waiter was friendly and fun. And the food was wonderful....Special Features:
- Amazing Sushi!NancyBVIPDined on 7/23/2014Love this place and it's delicious food and whimsical menu. Fun cocktails and consistent service and quality. Everything they have is good.Special Features:
- The following 41 reviews are from the Sushi Blue reviews archive.
- Reliable sushi/kitchen fare less soNShottVIPDined on 6/27/2014Can always count on getting great sushi here, but the kitchen menu is less reliable. Yellow curry: amazing some days, uninspired others. Used to love the thai beef salad but lately has not been as good. Maybe my imagination, but I do think there have been some product changes made since the Hapa Grill days that have impacted the quality of the food experience.
- Average placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Nothing spectacular about this place. Food was acceptable, but the ambiance was quite loud. Also, I made a note that it was my wife's birthday but they didn't give any free dessert nor mention the fact that it was her birthday.Special Features:
- Yum!Mychelle1825Dined on 6/14/2014The Krusty Krab roll was to die for, I am still dreaming about it! The Bloody Mary was also amazing and spicy! I will be making a special trip to visit them again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service??DtreadwayVIPDined on 3/18/2014Sushi Blue has good sashimi, rolls, etc... and the Sushi chef's are very good, but the overall service and experience has gone downhill. Seriously, SB needs better training with wait staff/sushi bar/kitchen to improve delivery, timing and customer experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Sushi, nice locationMichelleDined on 3/18/2014Sushi blue was recommended by a waiter at another restaurant, so we tried it out. Overall, it was average. Our waiter recommender several rolls., they were all good and fresh and we enjoyed them. Service was very slow, and we waited a half hour between our first order of rolls and second. Not certain if it was our waiter, who was not very attentive, our if they were just behind in the kitchen. It didn't seem too busy, so we assumed it was the waiter. We like the location in Redstone because parking is much easier than park City, but will likely try out one of the Park City locations next time. We weren't disappointed, just not overly impressed.
- SakeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/22/2014Great sake menu and I love the availability of the sake flights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi is creative, fresh,LauraVIPDined on 2/18/2014Sushi is creative, fresh, with clever names. Seriously some of the most delicious sushi around. We've eaten here every time we come out to ski. Prices much more reasonable than Main Street Park City fare. And just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really DisappointinglattebytheseaDined on 2/15/2014We were really disappointed in the food. Had heard that it was really good, but would not return. The crab-and-avocado sliders were all bun (and not a good one), with the crab--what there was of it--soggy and bland. The Pad Thai (they call it Rad Thai) was vinegary and simply inedible. And the ramen soup was extremely bland...almost tasteless (and the noodles in it were clumped together). The other couple in our party was happier with their hamburger and chickenburger. But, since this is an asian restaurant, we expected to get good asian cuisine.Special Features:
- Great StopchattfoodiesDined on 2/15/2014We came across this restaurant during a recent visit to the area. The waiter was knowledgable of the rolls and made great recommendations based on our tastes. The pork tacos were excellent. The creativity of the "Blue Rolls" is fantastic. Also, the coconut margarita is a nice twist and goes well with the variety of rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy...with a side of crazy!JeremyDined on 2/14/2014First off, the food was amazing! If you get the chance, you have to try the E.S.A.D. sushi roll. In fact, the rolls we had were all delicious. Just a couple of things...I mean, We will definitely go back and we would refer friends to go as well...but We had reservations and we were on time but we still had to wait a solid 15 minutes for a seat because people who were late (and came in after us) but had reservations for earlier—were seated ahead of us. I'm not sure if that's standard practice or not, but it annoyed me a little bit. Second, the server was a little scattered. It was Valentines day and the place was packed, but you should probably atleast write stuff down. If it was less busy, I'm sure it would have been perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back!RasnceDined on 1/26/2014First time here, Sushi Blue was recommended by a friend, and I'd do the same. Great food and service. I had lunch with a friend at 2:30 on a Sunday and it was exactly what I was looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in Park CityluvhorsesDined on 1/25/2014There's something for everyone on the menu. You're not limited to sushi, although if you're a sushi lover you won't want to eat anything else. Amazing salads to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food, awful servicefoodcritic4Dined on 1/25/2014After finally being sat at our table it took forever for our water glasses to be filled. Our waiter was extremely slow in taking our orders and retrieving our drinks. She never asked how things were going and if we needed anything ever. Our water glasses were empty which, to me, is indicative of poor service. The food is alright, would probably never come again. Although the ambience and the look of their menu is different. If the service wasn't so terrible and you didn't mind waiting, I would recommend going here for a birthday or an event of that sort. Luckily, I was in good company and didn't care to reflect on the terrible service.Special Features:
- Sushi BluetastebudsDined on 1/21/2014I have a low tolarance for salt so my dumplings and miso soup was fair.Special Features:
- I love this place!TitoDined on 1/19/2014This is our family's favorite restaurant in Park City. The sushi is awesome, but, if you're not into sushi, have a burger! Crazy, right? Also the calamari is out of this world. We never leave town without dining here several times. The service is random, sometimes good, sometimes just okay, but, the food always makes up for a slacker waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last minute find during SundaCarlyVIPDined on 1/18/2014Booked for dinner last minute during a busy Saturday night during Sundance. It was busy but our server did not skip a beat, very nice, attentive and knowledgeable about the sushi and sake menu. Great quality fish and reasonably priced for Park City, Utah.Special Features:
- Great FoodKarenCDined on 1/18/2014The sushi was good but the Korean Tacos were great. Also the Miso soup is excellent. Their staff is very bad about keeping track of reservations - they were not able to find ours in their system ( or lack of a system).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceBennDined on 1/11/2014Sushi Blue had great food, fine seating but our waiter was below average. He was not very attentive, had to flag him down several times. He was not very descriptive of the food. Was disappointed that the restaurant didn't have anything special for birthdays. Took my 13 year old for her special day, too bad the restaurant didn't help .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick with the appetizersangiVIPDined on 1/3/2014We had several tasty starters, such as the gyoza, wings, and Korean tacos. These were served in a timely manner. The sushi, however, took forever, and was just ok when it arrived at our table. I don't blame our table server, as he was adequately attentive (refilling waters, removing empty appetizer plates); it's just that the restaurant can't handle preparing all those rolls and other sushi items at once. It seemed that every table was ordering items that came from the sushi bar, which isn't surprising, since the restaurant has Sushi in its title. If I do return, which is doubtful, I will avoid ordering any sushi items.
- New Years EveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013We have had better meals at this restaurant in the past. Reservations were slow, waiter took more than 15 minutes to acknowledge us, and the sushi wasn't out until everyone else at the table had eaten their meal. The whole place seemed mismanaged for such a crowded night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMM ..not great sushi .LuvHulaDined on 12/31/2013Well, we are from Hawaii so know great sushi. We should have known better but made reservations late. I would say not authentic Japanese...overpriced for what you get and well...we would not return.
- Sushi Blue has excellent selectionDtreadwayVIPDined on 12/31/2013Sushi Blue has excellent selection and quality. Also great for those with gluten allergies.Special Features:
- Good food and service!ldmwsDined on 12/30/2013Chef delivered some of our sushi dishes. It was very busy but neither food quality or service was impacted. Allow a little extra time for traffic coming off the mountain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 1 service and food qualitycasfoodyDined on 12/28/2013The restaurant was incredibly crowded, the night after Christmas, but despite this, our waiter was very attentive and exceptional. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting fresh,quality sushi in the Park City area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we tried it but...DickyGDined on 12/27/2013Concept is good, but the food is nothing special and the service is poor. Of note, after a considerable wait they served the entrees for two in our party 15 minutes before serving the other two.
- good food but service...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/23/2013We went with a party of 8 early (6pm) on a moderately busy Monday night (winter break). Our server was unable to handle any special order without rolling her eyes and giving us a frustrated look. She did warn us that they were backed and it would take a while... an hour later we finally received our food. Each time we checked in to get an ETA on our order we were given more looks/attitude. I will go back but NOT during busy season.,
- Good placeFusionDined on 12/21/2013The food was very good, but I will admit it was a little different than what I had in mind. However, I can say that if I am ever craving sushi while I am in Park City, I will return to Sushi Blue. I also recommend that you be a little adventurous and try the "Monkey Business" roll. Somehow the combination works and makes a very unexpected, yet very good roll.Special Features:
- Lovely spot for lunchAndyDined on 12/17/2013The menu was varied and everything we ordered was presented by the waiter in a gracious manner. All dishes varied and each was delicious - from the burgers to salad to lettuce wraps. Nice spot for lunch. Have not been there for dinner. They had a blue plate special lunch which we did not choose but it was reasonable priced and had a nice selection.Special Features:
- Good SushiVeggieloverVIPDined on 11/9/2013From the outside the restaurant looks like a fast food sushi. Inside the atmosphere is very nice. It is trendy, but not stuffy. The menu is entertaining, with different choices. I am a vegan eater so it is difficult to please me in most restaurants and my criteria will be different than most other's. They had three vegetarian rolls and I had two of them. They were both excellent. Seaweed salad was great! My boyfriend, a non vegan, had a sirloin salad and a small plate entree and he said it was super tasty. We are both looking forward to going back. The only criticism would be the $15 corkage fee which I feel is a little steep.Special Features:
- AmazingKatzDined on 9/28/2013We came here on a date and it was awesome. The servers were full of energy and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think this place is ownedTurdFergusonVIPDined on 9/20/2013I think this place is owned by Daniel Larusso because it's the best around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Korean tacos, decentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/1/2013Great Korean tacos, decent sushi, and wonderfully delicious desserts...Key lime pie, chocolate bread pudding, and salted caramel ice cream sandwich!! To die for!Special Features:
- Located in a new retail developmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Located in a new retail development, Sushi Blue was nice enough aesthetically, but the actual quality of the fish was really disappointing. I ordered the large sashimi plate. I have never not finished the sushi or sashimi put in front of me, but in this case I left at least a third of the pieces uneaten. It tasted unfresh (like it had been frozen for a while) and flavorless. Our kids were equally unimpressed.
- A bit full of children overOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2013A bit full of children over spring break, but food and service were excellenSpecial Features:
- Park City is full of greatKathyVIPDined on 2/23/2013Park City is full of great restaurants, but what makes Sushi Blue stand out is their more affordable price-point. The Ika salad is very well flavored and many of the rolls are very unique in their flavors. If only I lived closer, then I would certainly be back to try the endless combinations. It would be nice to see brown rice offered as an option for the rolls. Skip the jicama salad - it was mushy and nothing special.Special Features:
- Great Sushi, Excellent ServiceMrsKShellVIPDined on 2/18/2013Great sushi, excellent service. We took our family of 6 on a recommendation from a friend and Sushi Blue did not disappoint. We all ordered drinks, appetizers and sushi mains. Everything was great and fresh. Our server was very attentive even though he was busy during a peak dining time. It looks like the bar area would be a great place to have a saki and socialize for a casual meal. Worth the drive to Redstone Plaza at Kimball Junction! We will be back!Special Features:
- A Must Try Sushi Bar In Park City!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2013It was great to find a new sushi place in Park City. The sushi options were very interesting and fresh. My husband loved the extensive sake list which gave many unique options to pair with the special sushi rolls. We also really liked the "kids menu" and my son had a super dinner (of chicken strips) while we had sushi! The service was perfect. We had a good experience and would go back again on our next trip to the area. Parking was easy and close. Thank you.Special Features: