606 North Robertson Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.surrestaurant.com./
- Phone: 3102892824x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon -Wed 5:30pm - 10pm
Thur - Sat 5:30pm to 11pm
Sun - 5:30pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, International
- Executive Chef: Joe Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Eye-candy and easy listening lounge music.
Sur offers guests friendly, attentive service and sumptuous international cuisine for a truly unique dining experience. Refurnished with gorgeous antiques and striking artifacts by Lisa Vanderpump Todd, a realhousewives of Beverly Hills, Sur has a very seductive vibe. Sur has comfy indoor dining, a romantic patio, and a chic private room.
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
- Just averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014Previous visit was great. This time Menu was uninspiring, one steak was over cooked but everything else was ok. Service was very slow to start but better later. Server was in appropriately dressed (scruffy) for a 'fancy' restaurant but was pleasant. The room our table was in was not the best part of the restaurant (right next to the bar). Wanted to impress out of town guests and it just missed the mark. Was definitely better on the wkend but this visit on a week night fell shortSpecial Features:
- A birthday celebration to remember.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Five of us brought our friend here for her birthday and had a most enjoyable evening. Excellent service and food. Two of us enjoyed the sea bass special - delicious. The restaurant was full, yet the sound level was very pleasant. Romantic, warm decor. Good drinks. All was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good place for a B-day dinnerJohnicusVIPDined on 10/26/20142nd forced time at this restaurant with regrets every time. Cocktails & Apps kind of place. Should have eaten dinner at Tortilla Republic right next door.
- trendy, romantic, ambiancemeimeiDined on 10/24/2014love the beautiful restaurant, the decor is very warm and trendy. service is great. our waitress is so friendly. since we don't drink alcohol, she recommended a non alcohol mixed drink with pineapple juice, 7 up, mint..it was so good. food is good, we cleaned our plate, the price is affordable. great eveninging thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabPenelope85Dined on 10/23/2014Amazing food and thank you to Jax for taking a pic with us while he wasnt even working.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUR for sureLinznmeDined on 10/23/2014The food was delicious and the prices are reasonable. I really liked the menu, it had variety but didn't take an hour to read. The tables are pretty close to one another. We're pretty sociable so we didn't mind having conversations with the nearby customers. The lighting is poor which made it difficult to read the menu. Next time, and there will be a next time, I will bring a flashlight and request to sit on the bar side which is a bit more spacious. I think the side we were on is for the fans of the show. If your celebrating a special occassion, don't expect a complimentary dessert.Special Features:
- Sur Wednesday Girls DinnerApriLovesFood143Dined on 10/22/2014I had an absolute blast at Sur on Wednesday. I've been before but just to the lounge part. The service was beyond exceptional. We had a guy at first named Guillermo and then i believe the (Asian) girl was named Emily who took over. Every few months a group of us girls get together in LA because we have all since moved away from each other. We always like to meet in the middle and try a new place for dinner. This was my first time dining here. The prices were right and the food tasted amazing. Since we only see each other every so often we had asked several of the staff to take pictures since the decor was so pretty and every single person we asked was more than willing and happy to do so! I would recommend any of my friends here!Special Features:
- ExcellentLC1121Dined on 10/21/2014This is my second time going everything was great except the drinks they did not taste as good as the first time I went:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!tianaDined on 10/20/2014amazing restaurant! would definitely recommend, great staff!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Sur was amazing, it was so pretty inside the food and cocktails were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLC1121Dined on 10/19/2014The food and drinks were good love the jalapeño margarita love the SUR salad however I went back again on Tuesday to celebrate my birthday and the drinks did not taste the same as the first time we went but on the up side I saw Guillermo,lisa,ken,jiggy,jax,schena,Tom and Ariana I guess they were filming and I got to take pics with some of them so it made up for the drinks not tasting the same lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the chefs best nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014I've been to Sur before but this next visit wasn't great. Young child at table next to me. She was running around &limited my conversation because tables are REALLY close. The chicken wasn't fried properly. It was mushy crust & cold. The waiter was great. Will not go on SundaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- robertgonzalezDined on 10/18/2014Very mediocre food. I had the meatloaf and it was dull. Beutiful place great service but the food was not up to par....we will only go there drinks and appetizers. :(Special Features:
- How do you do SUR?JamersDined on 10/18/2014Food was awesome! We ordered the same thing (yeah, well we couldn't resist). Filet mignon, yams & brussel sprouts. The meat was a beautiful cut. Mouth watering, very tender and flavorful. The yams were sweet and seasoned perfectl; same with the brussels. We both had the lobster bisque, which was very flavorful and creamy. Will come back and will request the back restaurant area, where the statues are. Very cool place with excellent food!! A must for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Poor service.OlgamDined on 10/18/2014Came to SUR for my birthday.We waited in the lounge while our table was getting ready. The server in the lounge told us that if we order a drink in the lounge that our tab could be carried over to the restaurant side. When we got our table we took our drinks and went over to the restaurant side. We told our server about our tab and she said that we couldn't do that and did absolutely nothing to try and figure it out. Because she couldn't be bothered to go talk to the lounge server I had to go back to the lounge,stand around for 15 minutes waiting for the lounge server to close my tab. Also we saw our server a total of 3 times the entire night, incredibly poor service and she was rude and unhelpful. Only saving grace was the amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bien sur 😄GussDined on 10/18/2014Since made my reservation all the steps are professionals " online than call for confirmation, warm reception, good service , menu for all taste , fair prices "for sure we"ll back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingDined on 10/18/2014My partner and I had a 14 yr anniversary dinner, and the food was amazing, the drinks and most important the service and wait staff were very nice and polite and very attentive...... Beautiful atmosphere...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A TreatTreatDined on 10/17/2014After hearing about SUR from friends. I knew I had to make reservations. Took my fiancé here. The food lived up to the hype and the ambience was spot on. Romantic lighting with just the right touch. Service was alright as the server had her hands full with a large group. Get the blackberry cobbler it melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No bday wishesGailDined on 10/16/2014I took my daughter to SUR as a bday treat (we are from Scotland) she loves Lisa and was so excited yet there was no fuss or bday greetings to her and that really disappointed me she is only turning 12 even a sparkler in her dessert would have been nice. Food and drink was lovely tho except my BF asked for A1 sauce for his steak and 30mins later when the waiter returned checking all was ok we reminded him and he admitted he'd forgotten.. That's poor in my book offered to go and get it but my bf's steak was freezing cold by then, simple errors like that shouldn't happen in a restaurant when we spent over $430Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!MelbaDined on 10/16/2014I was so excited to visit Sur. The food and dining experience exceeded my expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved SurMissDoubleMDined on 10/15/2014Absolutely loved Sur, drank prosecco and ate good food. Met the owner Guillermo who is THE loveliest guy Will def visit againSpecial Features:
- SurJillishDined on 10/12/2014As a Bravo fan, SUR was on the list of places to visit while vacationing in LA. The atmoshpere was lovely but the food and service was mediocre at best. I would recommend visiting for a cocktail but not for dinner. The waiter never came back after food was served to check on our table. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Beautiful AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Loved the atmosphere and the staff was very friendly and attentive!Special Features:
- TV show?Who cares!The food's great!Luv2dineDined on 10/11/2014Obviously a lot of people may frequent SUR due to the fact that it is owned by Lisa Vanderpump and the staff are semi celebrity's, but I need to let you know the food was great! Lets not forget that before Lisa was a celebrity she was (and still is) a restaurateur. The menu had a surprisingly good price point and everyone at our table raved about their dish. I had the blackened chicken, my wife had the Ahi Tuna and our friend had the Chilean Sea Bass. The wine list was good and we went with a Pinot Noir that our waiter, Guiermo, suggested. And running into Ken and Lisa Vanderpump (and that adorable little clothed dog, Giggy) was just an extra bonus.Special Features:
- Needs a real chefDyenia8Dined on 10/11/2014The place looked awesome inside. I lived the decor. Valet parking accross the street was $8. Service was very slow. Food was aweful. Tables are crammed too close. Smoking pario was a plus. I wouldn't go back unless they hire. Real chef that only turned out great food. Not worth the drive from irvine.Special Features:
- What a treat!marmarDined on 10/11/2014The indoor tables were a little to close together. My favorite was the special of the night, sea bass and a kale salad. The crispy chicken breast was average. I would love to go back especially because I was able to take a picture with the owner herself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time here and still love itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014The food is delicious. I had a business dinner with a client here, and she was impressed.Special Features:
- Dinner in HollywoodCharlemDined on 10/8/2014My sister and I were over from the UK and decided to go for dinner at SUR, having viewed the restaurant on UK TV. We were greeted pleasantly and were not rushed to be seated and enjoyed a Kir Royale in the bar. Once seated outside the table was on a slant and very tightly located by the entrance. We were asked whether we wanted bread and were disappointed that this was not warm and was accompanied by packet butter!!! From previous meals out in decent restaurants I would not have expected packet butter, this somewhat cheapen the evening. There was great variety of choice on the menu and the food was tasty. Overall the servers were very friendly and hospitable, nothing was too much trouble, however the bar staff were not as pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At best only averageChwraeVIPDined on 10/8/2014Too many women diners all hoping for a glimpse of someone famous ( I was entertaining people who do watch the show). Food was only OK and expensive for what it was. The pasta dish was the best tasting food we had. The tables are so close together you can, and people did, enter into conversation with those around you. Decor is 'Hollywood". Staff are all young, and reasonably attentive. i would not go back. I had low expectations and that was about right.Special Features:
- FantasticHagartysfromdownunderDined on 10/8/2014I dined at Sur with my husband and two children. Overall we all enjoyed the whole experience. Our waiter was very attentive and the food was great. oh and I also mAnaged to get a glimps of Lisa which was an added bonus.Special Features:
- Very good experienceZackuk78Dined on 10/6/2014Only got to see Peter from Vanderpump which was disappointing. The food and service was really good. I had the blackened chicken and my wife had the sea bass special. We enjoyed both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight of my TripAweshucksyallDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and will definitely return. We really appreciate the hospitality shown to us by the staff, and the generous food portions served. My sea bass dish was the most tender I've ever eaten, and the vegetables were perfectly cooked. I never dreamed a"Big Pinky" could be so satisfying, and blackberry cobbler topped with vanilla ice cream was like a taste of home. Nobody can tell me that southern hospitality is only found in the south, that's for SUR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014We had a wonderful meal, great drinks and great dessert and we had an amazing waiter Gabriel. I would recommend this Sur to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I was expecting...CaliVisitorDined on 10/3/2014To start with we wanted to eat a late dinner, however on the website only reservation time that showed to be available was 6pm...so we booked it. When we arrived place was completely empty, and was nearly as empty when we left. Food and drinks where expensive(but we expected this) however the food was not that good, a would say average, we all ordered something different no one was unhappy, no one was impressed, all have had better. We really where expecting a busy environment, great food, instead, seems like the place next door was tr hot spot, everyone that drove up and parked went next door. We walked by next door when we left, it was packed, music playing, great vibe...good looked good. I really wish I was writing a better review
- Enjoyed!dreppucciDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed the overall experience. Food was not earth shattering by any means, but it was good. It was the service and overall staff that made our experience one that we will not forget. Kristina was the perfect server with extensive knowledge of the menu, and very pleasant. The hostess and bartender were also very nice and accommodating. The ambiance was lovely. We made early reservations so that we could take everything in. We are glad we did. We will be back some day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant!!LeanneDined on 10/2/2014A fantastic night to end our 4 week holiday to the USA from Australia. Delicious and fresh home cooked meals! All 5 of us had a different meal and we all cleared our plates! Divine! The staff were so friendly! Couldn't recommend higher!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food terrible serviceMichDined on 10/1/2014Tables are way too close together that you can hear every conversation around you. Food was decent but not great. Service was poor. Restaurant decor is beautiful. Only bright spot. Better choices in WeHoSpecial Features:
- Bad Waitress...MQ98Dined on 10/1/2014I always go to Sur and have the best time and service! The last 2 times have been an epic fail because of poor service from a particular waitress named Tara. It was a Wednesday night and her section was on the patio. It took her 20 minutes just to acknowledge we sat down and another 15 minutes for our soft drinks. She never even brought the complimentary bread. It was supposed to be a special anniversary night and it was ruined because I was upset the whole time! I don't recommend you siting in her section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/1/2014Staff were not really interested, food and drink service not amazing. Food was average. Not like tv show at all.Special Features:
- Food better than serviceiglitterDined on 10/1/2014We went on a Wednesday night, early at 6:30. The restaurant was almost empty. Staff graciously let us chose our preferred table because business so slow. Food was very good with good portions. However, the service was spotty at best. We had to look around several times to ask someone for what should have been repeatedly offered: more butter, water fill-ups, dessert menu, even the check. Perhaps the good-looking staff should spend more time concentrating on their customers than on each other and their latest gossip.Special Features: