606 North Robertson Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.surrestaurant.com./
- Phone: 3102892824x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon -Wed 5:30pm - 10pm
Thur - Sat 5:30pm to 11pm
Sun - 5:30pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, International
- Executive Chef: Joe Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Eye-candy and easy listening lounge music.
Sur offers guests friendly, attentive service and sumptuous international cuisine for a truly unique dining experience. Refurnished with gorgeous antiques and striking artifacts by Lisa Vanderpump Todd, a realhousewives of Beverly Hills, Sur has a very seductive vibe. Sur has comfy indoor dining, a romantic patio, and a chic private room.
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
- Another Great Night at SUR!Felicity123Dined on 8/30/2014This was our second visit to SUR. Our first visit was back in April. It wasn't as hopping as last time we visited but it was the Labour Day weekend so I'm sure lots of people were out of town. Service was excellent and it was nice to see Peter as one of our servers again. I also got extremely lucky and was able to see Lisa, Ken & Jiggy. That was obviously the highlight of my night! Thanks again SUR for another night in reality heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top RestaurantSophiaDined on 8/29/2014The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant for both the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUReal!!!JohnandkatepluszeroDined on 8/29/2014I really wasn't sure what to expect but once we arrived my perspective immediately changed. The drinks were great the food was astonishingly good and the atmosphere was wonderful. Some of the stars from the show were there and were more than willing to take pictures. Overall, I was surprised by how good the food was. I figured people just went there because of the show but it's a great spot for food and drinks.Special Features:
- Despite the celebrity...AndyManDined on 8/29/2014Food was very solid and service extremely attentive. The decor was a little over the top and I could care less about the faux celebrity aura surrounding this restaurant. All in all, a surprisingly good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was HORRIABLE!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014We ordered the shrimp fettuccine and the shrimp/crab cakes. The fettuccine was runny and sauce had no flavor. The shrimp/crab cakes were mushy! Will never go there again!
- Nice RestaurantPRPeopleDined on 8/27/2014Since we were planning to go to LA for the Disneyland Marathon weekend, we decided to stop a few days before in Hollywood so we can go to the rest. The ambient, food and service was excellent!! We enjoy it a lot!! Definetly to recommend it to my friends! Att: PR people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Glad I CameEnglishmanabroadDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I and our two teenage daughters visited here whilst on holiday from England as we knew about the place from the tv program Vanderpump Rules. What can I say. We had a great time here and decided that this type of place could not be found back in England due to the fantastic staff they have there. Our waiter absolutely made the experience for us, he was so nice, took an interest in u all and chatted to my daughters each time he came to the table. They both said he was the highlight of the holiday. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone looking for an informal dining experience in Hollywood.Special Features:
- Beyond pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Absolutely mind blowing, will definitely return! The service was great, the food was delicious. From the bar we ordered a classic mohito, champagne and a Cosmo. All were tasty. For dinner we split the Greek salad, the seared ahi tuna entree and the sea bass. I have never tasted sea bass like that in my life. Was absolutely incredible. Our server was very accommodating and everyone seemed to be helping each other. Many people hit our table to assure our needs were taken care of. Can't wait to plan our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so greatfunfoodDined on 8/24/2014I didn't like where we were seated. I booked a table for my daughter 21st birthday and no one did anything for that specific requests I put on my reservation! ! Disappointed! !
- Beautiful RestaurantevariveroDined on 8/23/2014Loved the Ambience! It smells like flowers the moment you walk in. The service was welcoming. The cocktails were delicious and dinner was scrumptious. Dessert on the other hand was disappointing. But I will still return again and order more cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mommy daughter dinnerErikadsDined on 8/23/2014I went with my mom for her birthday here. I primarily wanted to go here because of vanderpumprules. Our hostess was super nice and so was our server. Food came quickly, it wasn't amazing but still pretty good. I'm an Interior design student and my mom is a decorator so we enjoyed looking at the eclectic design of the restaurant, all the flowers and fluffy pillows! I was able to get a picture with Peter. Probably because he was super busy or stressed he barely even talked to us or asked us how are dinner was, the other staff though were all quick efficient and friendly! I would definelty give this place a try for a girls nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience...AussieReview4uDined on 8/23/2014We booked Sur weeks ago from Australia and loved it! Whilst we didn't see Lisa, Stassy, Jax or any of the TV crew we did meet Peter and he was very happy to meet and have a chat. Bouquets to Sammy too on the reservation desk who changed our table without question and was a credit to the restaurant. The food was terrific, the ambience was cool, the customers were having fun, the bar crowd was hot and the cocktails and staff were great. Good job to all involved...when next in LA we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Say no sir to SurdugwigDined on 8/22/2014We were looking forward to going to the Sur experience for a special occasion and drove far. We were disappointed in the experience. It was very cramped while eating, service was slow and server was not attentive. We definitely did not hear need to hear Jay Z cursing while we were waiting for our check. Food was good.
- Great food but horrible serviceChris12Dined on 8/21/2014Not what I Expected food was great but not the best service . We where sitting in the table with our plates ready but no utensils for a good 10 min by the time our waiter comes over are food was pretty cold .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/21/2014Excellent service - attentive & friendly. Attractive lively environment. Diverse menu, something for everyone. Mediocre food.
- Worst service I have ever hadKayDDined on 8/21/2014Food was average, resturant was nice... Service was absolutely horrible. She never came back after taking our order. I had to ask another server to get us more water twice. Later on I had to go ask her to see the drink menu again she rolled her eyes like I was asking so much, after she dropped off the menu she never came back to see what I wanted to order so after 15 minutes of waiting I finally got up to go pay. I was there for over an hour and saw my server twice and once I had to go find her.Special Features:
- Stunning bar sceeneStylishandtrendyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Ambiance at Sur was hip stylish and exciting. Has a beautiful bar area to start out with a drink and then a relaxed stylish enviornment for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real Vanderpump missbricompDined on 8/21/2014Have spent a bit of time visiting the Vanderpump restaurants at the request of my wife. Villa Blanca in Beverly Hills is a real delight. The food, service, ambience - all 5 stars. Sur on the other hand misses the mark. Located in W Hollywood, great expectations were set forward but soon crumbled with poor service, dirty stemware/table settings, stained tablecloths/menus/chairs, and an overall noisy poor evening. Immediately after dinner we headed on over to Pump for drinks which was a delight. In all, avoid Sur and head on over to Villa Blanca or Pump for a great evening.
- Great ambiance; good foodLJfromNJDined on 8/21/2014Went because others in my group are Vanderpump fans. Funky place with a cool, eclectic vibe but the menu choices were much the same as any other mid-range restaurant. Food was prepared well but I was expecting a more interesting menu given the celebrity factor. All in all, I would go back since the prices were not over the top and I really liked the atmosphere.Special Features:
- The food was PHENOMINALFabulousDined on 8/20/2014We came from MN to have supper here. Made a reservation and decided to have a few drinks in the bar prior to supper. Waitresses were extremely friendly, helpful in even getting our picture taken with the owner, and not high priced appetizers. For supper we both had the chicken, masked potatoes, and rice. I didn't know rice could be so delicious! I would LOVE to dine here again as soon as we make the trip! Definately the 1st place I would go! Oh, and the portions were huge--my husband and I couldn't even eat all of our food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014Sur had great service- there were about 5 different people taking car of you including the waitress, busboy, water guy, etc. Dessert (blackberry cobbler) and one of the apps (crab cakes) was fantastic; entree (lemon piccata chicken) was okay.Special Features:
- Great TimekimbyDined on 8/19/2014I picked California as my vacation place just to be able to eat at Sur Restaurant. Enjoyed it and got a picture with Peter.Special Features:
- Great for a romantic dinnerSamFDined on 8/18/2014I'm not going to lie, I went to Sur to scope out Vanderpump Rules stars. What totally blew my socks off was the food! The food far exceeded my expectations and the ambience was cozy and romantic. If you're looking for a romantic dinner in WeHo look no further! And for the Vanderpump Rules fans out there...I only saw Peter :)Special Features:
- Love at first sightNessDined on 8/16/2014Sur was a dream of a restaurant, the food, ambiance and staff was perfection.Special Features:
- Great ambianceJewlmgDined on 8/15/2014First time at this place, it was perfect for the romantic evening we were looking for. The decor is wonderful. Love the staff our waitress was excellent at recommending the best dishes. The ambiance was great. My fav was totally their seared ahi tuna. Delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never AgainSweetAssetsDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant is beautiful but that's about the only good thing to say. They hurried us so much that we could not enjoy the dining experience. The food came out in less than 5 mins so you know that means it was premade & sitting under a heat lamp. It was not a $300 dining experience so Never Again.Special Features:
- nice spotcrayzeecatladyDined on 8/14/2014It was my Husbands birthday and I wanted something trendy and special. Some friends had been and said the food was good so I booked the day before on the on-line booking. I had an instant reply and confirmation of booking. The decor was fantastic. very chic and intimate, felt completely at home. Not at all a pumping vibe like I was expecting. The food was really good, not too large portions. The Cobbler…OMG Devine. I would love to return here when I am next in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- westof405Dined on 8/14/2014Had not been back since they expanded and it was very tastefully done and a very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sur RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Predictable. It's a tourist spot because of the popularity of the show. Staff was always selling. Still it's was enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentsurdiningDined on 8/14/2014We had a lovely meal on Thursday 14th August. This was our last family meal out in Hollywood after finishing our holiday in California. The Service was excellent and all staff were very friendly. The food was amazing. I was just a little bit disappointed that I didn't meet Lisa!!Special Features:
- SURbrecikDined on 8/13/2014we had an amazing night at SUR - the food was amazing - the service was faultless and they were filming another season of vanderpump rules and we still felt like we were the priority. the whole team were more than happy to help out with any question asked and the feeling of family was great! i am looking forward to next visit to Los Angeles so i can visit SUR again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful atmosphereportner31Dined on 8/12/2014The ambiance was perfect. We went there because we have seen the television show but it was no surprise that no one recognizable from tv was there. The service was fine. The lobster bisque was fantastic. I was a little bummed that the grilled skirt steak came out way too overdone. (Well done and I asked for medium) I ordered that because if all the wonderful reviews it received. Maybe the cook was having an off night. Overall a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant of LA!MelissaLADined on 8/11/2014Before I get into the detail of my experience, I would like to say that the food here is absolutely amazing! I ordered the filet with brussel sprouts and snap peas, my friend ordered the salmon with mashed potatoes and spinach. Everything was cooked and seasoned to PERFECTION. The strawberry martinis were beyond the best I ever had, made with the very freshest berries. I can't stop thinking about this place! The decor is super sexy. The ambaince is pure luxury. Lisa Vanderpump was there and graciously took a picture with us before she started shooting for her show in the next room. The cast and crew were extremely friendly. Ken and Giggy were there, and even he allowed people to pet Giggy. I can't say enough positive things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014The atmosphere and food were great! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Very GoodmoxieDined on 8/11/2014We came to visit while we were in LA for a couple days, like most tourists because of the tv show, I watch it occasionally and so I dragged my husband to come check out this place we see on tv. It was pretty cool because they were actually filming something that night, but more important our food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Room for improvementChrisVIPDined on 8/11/2014The pretty place has a hip and yet cozy vibe; the waitresses are the prettiest in town and very efficient too but the food leans on the average side. In a side note, or at least that evening, the bathrooms need improvement as well and I won't go into details there. As my teacher used to say: “could do better”.
- Sur was fabFoxyDined on 8/10/2014We had a lovely evening. Nice friendly staff that were welcoming. We also watch the tv show and were pleased to see Peter and Tom while we were there :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion diningDensopinionDined on 8/9/2014Perfect place for a party. Private rooms available and outstanding food and service. Pricing is fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We felt very welcome upon arrival. Our server was more than attentive. Food was amazing - great value and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KeithandJohnDined on 8/9/2014Sur Restaurant was for sure one of the best parts of our vacation. I had the Meatloaf dinner which was outstanding and the best Meatloaf I have ever had. My partner had the Skirt Steak which he said was the best ever. The staff was great. We loved everything on our plates. The decor of the restaurant was beautiful and peaceful as we sat outside. If we lived in Hollywood we would be regulars for sure. We will be back when we are out in Hollywood again. Thank you Lisa & Ken for the wonderful experience.Special Features: