606 North Robertson Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.surrestaurant.com./
- Phone: 3102892824x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon -Wed 5:30pm - 10pm
Thur - Sat 5:30pm to 11pm
Sun - 5:30pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, International
- Executive Chef: Joe Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Eye-candy and easy listening lounge music.
Sur offers guests friendly, attentive service and sumptuous international cuisine for a truly unique dining experience. Refurnished with gorgeous antiques and striking artifacts by Lisa Vanderpump Todd, a realhousewives of Beverly Hills, Sur has a very seductive vibe. Sur has comfy indoor dining, a romantic patio, and a chic private room.
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
- NOT WHAT YOU THINKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I didn't go here for a long time thinking it'd be overpriced and mediocre cuz its on a reality show and they don't have to try hard. I was way wrong. Though I had more and enjoyed it all.... IF YOU GO THERE JUST FOR THE SPA COOLER COCKTAIL AND THE CHOPPED ARUGLA SALAD YOU'LL LEAVE VERY HAPPY! For any warm day here in LA.... they are the perfect combination. They're both in the top 3 best salad and cocktail I've ever had! And of course the decor is tres chic just like Lisa!Special Features:
- Go for the scene but not to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The ambiance is amazing very beautiful bUT there food is horrible I ordered a lobster& crab ravioli and I could not eat it there was a bad fishy aftertaste that tells me the seafood was very low quality and old and frozenSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Everything was perfect. Superb food, wonderful ambiance and exceptional service. Peter stopped by our table at right time intervals. We didn't feel one bit rushed. Perfect for our 15 yr anniversary. We highly recommend SURSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Obnoxious Next TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The table behind us ( my chair bumped up to another chair at their table) was a group of 6-8. They were celebrating a birthday and the person sitting directly behind me was hollering at the top of her lungs the whole time. The profanities and the F bombs were over the top. All I wanted to do was leave. It was annoying. The waitress said the had already asked them to calm down but obviously that didn't work. Once we were don they offered to move us to another seat.....but we were done. Couldn't stand one more minute of the noise.Special Features:
- Loved ItAshleyDined on 9/13/2014Took someone here for a birthday, and they loved it.Special Features:
- Great Meal & Fantastic time at SURRJSSDined on 9/12/2014An amazing dining experience in a gorgeous setting. My party of 5 enjoyed the best calamari with chipotle mayonnaise to start, followed by steak, chicken piccata, roasted chicken, pork chops and bacon wrapped meatloaf (I'll be copying this at home) along with a wonderful selection of sides. Didn't order desserts as we opted for chocolate martinis instead. Service was friendly and attentive. Will definitely return again when back in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 startsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Sur had a super romantic feel to it and is perfect for date night. Food was ok, nothing special. Very friendly waitress and the manager Peter was also super friendly. The bartenders were kinda douchy. I would of gave 4 stars but the food was a disappointment. It was pretty much pasta with jarred sauce and my friends pasta had so many olives in it that's all she could taste. I would go here again but would def order something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingnicoletaylorDined on 9/12/2014I am a avid fan of vanderpump rules and have been to America twice and it is far best the best restaurant. The food was amazing that we are still talking about it. The rack of lamb was A+ and the staff were amazing. Thank you peter, josh and gabrielle, you made our night. I will be passing my recommendation throughout australia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great SURpriseDeePeeDined on 9/10/2014Better than I ever thought it would be - great food, service and wine list - SURpassed my expectations in a big way - I will definitely return Well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceEnglishTouristDined on 9/10/2014I enjoyed my experience overall, however my friends and I have travelled from England and we felt rushed throughout our evening. I didn't particularly like the service as we were left with just water to drink and had to call someone over to order. The food was lovely, although our server began clearing our table before we had all finished our meal. We felt rushed and did not stay to have a drink at the bar due to the service we had received during dinner and there was no attempt at a conversation of friendly chit chat by staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and nice ambiance.pmedicDined on 9/10/2014Was hoping to see Lisa or one of the show stars but no such luck this time. We will try again the next time I am in. L.A. Food was great and the wait staff was superb. Had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Sexy gorgeous comfy delicious great location and the Martini's fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Natalie HowellOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014What a terrific experience we had at Sur Restaurant. We are from Florida and have had bisque's often, but none could compare to the lobster bisque at Sur. My husband raved about the spinach soup as well. Our entire dinner was excellent and affordable. The restaurant was beautiful and elegant. Upon our arrival, our rental car was hit in the public parking lot behind Sur. Not being from California, we were lost in regards to the laws and how to handle it. The staff took it upon themselves to comfort and aid us in our situation. They called the police, gave names for witnesses and kept my company while my husband made frequent trips outside to look for the police's arrival. Lovely restaurant and top notch staff.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceChestycubDined on 9/8/2014At first the standard entre menu might seem limited and lacking panache. But in reality the specials are outstanding. The wine list is out of this world. The ambience exquisite tho the male presence seemed limited. Major comfort zone for female gf and bff. Overall A.Special Features:
- DeliciousAustraliaDined on 9/7/2014The menu was lovely , the filet mignon was superb , the wine list was very easy to understand and the atmosphere was friendly and relaxing.we already recommend it to friends in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite spots!:dadorkjoeyDined on 9/7/2014Love the garden dining it's probably the best place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday Mike!!!DeniceDined on 9/7/2014Ken & I took my best friend in the entire world, Mike, there for his 65th birthday and just LOVED it! Mike had been telling me that this was his favorite restaurant and now I see why. It is magnificent! Thank you for making his birthday an evening to always remember with many smiles and seriously happy tummies! Namaste..... DeniceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014We had a great time and our waitress was amazing! What a great time we had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vanderpump rulesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014I am a huge fan of the show so wanted to go along to see some of the cast which we ended up seeing quite a few of them so I left happy! Food was ok nothing that spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ExpectedAuntygDined on 9/5/2014We went more out of curiosity than anything after having read mixed reviews, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. NO cast members were working on Friday night when we went for Dinner, but that was fine as the Server we had was lovely and the Food was delicious! Wasn't as pricey either as we had expected it to be. Overall we were delighted with the service, there is no pretence with this restaurant, the atmosphere service and feel is all great and honestly down to earth. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends!Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceGreat4usDined on 9/5/2014What a beautiful restaurant. Food was first class,service was excellent and gorgeous surroundings. Asked Max (Lisa and kens son) for a photo with myself and he could not have been nicer about it. What a pleasant young man!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingStar23456VIPDined on 9/4/2014Of course we went here to try it because of the show (we are from Atlanta), but this place exceeded all of our expectations. Reasonably priced, large portions, great cocktails and the people from the show really work there. This place is a fun spot to try on a trip to LA! My husband was even impressed even though he did not want to go and really wanted to not like it. Thanks for a fun experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialobjectiveVIPDined on 9/4/2014If you want to go to see an abundance of video crew and equipment, this is the place for you. It's a scene that's overpriced but what do you expect from an entrepreneur who has made herself and other Real Housevives of BH "famous". Kudos to her and her reality staff. The food was acceptable but why go eat here when there are so many other excellent restaurants in WEHO? The interior is looking a bit shabby and the waitstaff look like they should being doing a few more push-ups between serving customers. Their 6-pack abs are a bit shabby, too!! Can't have it all.Special Features:
- Sur RestaurantlostlalaDined on 9/3/2014We were looking for a place convenient to an event in West Hollywood. After reading some reviews, I was a bit hesitant but we went ahead and I'm glad we did. It was early in the evening, we had a hie table outside, the waitress was extremely pleasant and friendly. We will be back.Special Features:
- Sexy, fun, yummycarolinecade91Dined on 8/31/2014We went to Sur restaurant for my Birthday with no expectation of "wow" food or drinks. I only went because I am an avid Bravo watcher and thought it would be a fun outing with my husband while we were in LA for the weekend. However, we were pleasantly SUR-prised with excellent service and very good food. Additionally, the drinks were very well made! I would recommend it to anyone in town as a fun place, especially for apps and drinks. The ambiance was amazing as well, very lush, romantic, sexy.Special Features:
- Beautiful and Delicious!MsWinkDined on 8/31/2014Everything was fantastic! The ambiance and setting was beautiful. The service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Night at SUR!Felicity123Dined on 8/30/2014This was our second visit to SUR. Our first visit was back in April. It wasn't as hopping as last time we visited but it was the Labour Day weekend so I'm sure lots of people were out of town. Service was excellent and it was nice to see Peter as one of our servers again. I also got extremely lucky and was able to see Lisa, Ken & Jiggy. That was obviously the highlight of my night! Thanks again SUR for another night in reality heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top RestaurantSophiaDined on 8/29/2014The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant for both the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun nightGRNADined on 8/29/2014There was a short wait to get our table but the hostess was pretty entertaining about it, food was tasty not overly amazing but what you would expect for the price. The best part was meeting the manager from the show, main reason we went was the show, wish there were more staff that still worked there but he was helpful and nice. Overall I'd definitely go back for the food/vibe, was a really fun night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUReal!!!JohnandkatepluszeroDined on 8/29/2014I really wasn't sure what to expect but once we arrived my perspective immediately changed. The drinks were great the food was astonishingly good and the atmosphere was wonderful. Some of the stars from the show were there and were more than willing to take pictures. Overall, I was surprised by how good the food was. I figured people just went there because of the show but it's a great spot for food and drinks.Special Features:
- Despite the celebrity...AndyManDined on 8/29/2014Food was very solid and service extremely attentive. The decor was a little over the top and I could care less about the faux celebrity aura surrounding this restaurant. All in all, a surprisingly good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was HORRIABLE!Diane509Dined on 8/28/2014We ordered the shrimp fettuccine and the shrimp/crab cakes. The fettuccine was runny and sauce had no flavor. The shrimp/crab cakes were mushy! Will never go there again!
- Nice RestaurantPRPeopleDined on 8/27/2014Since we were planning to go to LA for the Disneyland Marathon weekend, we decided to stop a few days before in Hollywood so we can go to the rest. The ambient, food and service was excellent!! We enjoy it a lot!! Definetly to recommend it to my friends! Att: PR people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Glad I CameEnglishmanabroadDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I and our two teenage daughters visited here whilst on holiday from England as we knew about the place from the tv program Vanderpump Rules. What can I say. We had a great time here and decided that this type of place could not be found back in England due to the fantastic staff they have there. Our waiter absolutely made the experience for us, he was so nice, took an interest in u all and chatted to my daughters each time he came to the table. They both said he was the highlight of the holiday. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone looking for an informal dining experience in Hollywood.Special Features:
- Beyond pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Absolutely mind blowing, will definitely return! The service was great, the food was delicious. From the bar we ordered a classic mohito, champagne and a Cosmo. All were tasty. For dinner we split the Greek salad, the seared ahi tuna entree and the sea bass. I have never tasted sea bass like that in my life. Was absolutely incredible. Our server was very accommodating and everyone seemed to be helping each other. Many people hit our table to assure our needs were taken care of. Can't wait to plan our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so greatfunfoodDined on 8/24/2014I didn't like where we were seated. I booked a table for my daughter 21st birthday and no one did anything for that specific requests I put on my reservation! ! Disappointed! !
- Overall good experienceGirlsnightoutDined on 8/24/2014I was looking forward to try out Sur as I watch the show & see Lisa Vanderpump as a business owner who expects & promotes high standards & passion for customer service, I was expecting just that. I have no real complaints about the service although it came across as a bit disorganised, on a couple of occasions people came into the restaurant wanting a table to dine but there was no one at front of house to greet them, we also had a number of different wait staff to our table, Peter was our assigned waiter for the evening, he was also manager & other things took his attention at times. Good food. Had to ask for our water glasses to be filled & ask for cutlery, there's definitely room for improvement & a need for more restroom facilities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar staffBubs1981Dined on 8/24/2014After a very average dinner we went to the bar area, service was terrible and the bar man stood leaning against the bar texting on his phone the whole time. When we asked for the bill he told us "ask that girl" pointed to the waiter than straight back to texting on his phone!!! Not worth the money at all!!!! Very disappointed.
- Enjoyable experienceCocoDined on 8/23/2014Really enjoyed our evening at SUR, the waitress was lovely, very helpful, there were 5 of us in our party and we all enjoyed our meals my husband had the fish special which he said was 'cooked to perfection' which is high praise as he's usually very hard to please. They wine was very nice (French Burgundy) SUR had a great buzzing atmosphere all the staff were very friendly I would definitely recommend this restaurant to our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RestaurantevariveroDined on 8/23/2014Loved the Ambience! It smells like flowers the moment you walk in. The service was welcoming. The cocktails were delicious and dinner was scrumptious. Dessert on the other hand was disappointing. But I will still return again and order more cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.