606 North Robertson Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.surrestaurant.com./
- Phone: 3102892824x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon -Wed 5:30pm - 10pm
Thur - Sat 5:30pm to 11pm
Sun - 5:30pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, International
- Executive Chef: Joe Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Eye-candy and easy listening lounge music.
Sur offers guests friendly, attentive service and sumptuous international cuisine for a truly unique dining experience. Refurnished with gorgeous antiques and striking artifacts by Lisa Vanderpump Todd, a realhousewives of Beverly Hills, Sur has a very seductive vibe. Sur has comfy indoor dining, a romantic patio, and a chic private room.
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014My husband and I enjoyed our dinner at SUR and next time we are in California we will return.Special Features:
- The SexOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Beautiful people, delicious food, and sultry ambiance. And somehow it doesn't cost a fortune.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceeded expectations!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/26/2014Our daughter wanted to go here for her 16th birthday. We were beyond surprised by the great service and food!! We had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed visitSuzchrisDined on 9/26/2014I had a terrible time at Sur restaurant. Basically from the moment I arrived the experience was less than. While I waited for the rest of my party of 8 to arrive I had a drink at the bar. The bartender was arrogant and when my party did arrive I waited about 30 minutes to be seated after the host/ hostess said my table was already ready. Finally arriving at the table for 8 there was a chair missing which I had to ask the host for twice, the person who served water once and the waitress about 3 times before getting an additional chair. The server was terrible seemingly drunk or high took forever to get food, waited for two additional entrees. I stated it was my birthday several times and received no acknowledgement. Terrible experience.Special Features:
- Request back area seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Back area has a beautifully decorated unique theme dining with a good relaxed indoor/outdoor vibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place.But unseasoned foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014The service and managers are one of the nicest staffs ever! Great job on hiring. The food needs to be seasoned. Everyone at the table had tr same concern. But excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Exceeded my expectationsFormerCAnativeDined on 9/25/2014Not only was the atmosphere visually dynamic and an eclectic mix, the overall experience was amazing. The menu had an odd combination of foods, which oddly paired well with one another allowing something for everyone in my table for 4, hard to please crowd. Peter served us (I believe he is the Manager) and he was entertaining to talk to! Food came out very quick from the kitchen, as if they knew what we were ordering before we did! Great restaurant in WeHo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty local restauranttripindicular1VIPDined on 9/25/2014still holding on though past it's peak, easier to get into and a good neighborhood choice with good food. Since TV show, crowd is less local, bachelorette parties and such. Very pretty patio.Special Features:
- gordon ramsey needs to visitGlenn140276Dined on 9/25/2014look at my review on yelp and trip advisor, not enough room here
- Los AngelesEnjoyDined on 9/25/2014The food was average but the service and vibe were excellent !Special Features:
- Later is betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Being in LA for only a couple of days, we decided to do a bit of celeb dining and go to Sur to see what was happening. We were with our 10 year old so had to book a relatively early dining hour (6.45pm) and I think this may have accounted for the relatively slow/lack lustre atmosphere. The waiter who served us was lovely but we expected a real buzz and it didn't happen. The food was nice, but not amazing and definitely not euro gourmet. Of interest was the fact that the servers were very much into their gossip session until the co-owner Nathalie appeared, and then they started to move around the restaurant. Overall it was OK but it definitely didn't live up to my expectations, shame I was really excited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fond memoriesMissAlvarezDined on 9/23/2014Sur was so beautiful inside and the service was amazing, they were very attentive. And the food was just so delicious. Sur is such a delightful and elegant place to go to have a fun time and a tasteful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014What a great restaurant. Staff were very accommodating and very attentive to our needs. The food was superb cooked exactly as we asked and so tender it just melted in your mouth.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014overrated, food was nothing more than an applebees .. tables were so close to each other it was unbelievable.Special Features:
- Slow ticket times not worth the $$$YummmmDined on 9/21/2014We had a nice waiter seemed to do his job when he could. I think he was trying to juggle too many tables. Ticket times were a joke you can't come here if your just trying to fill up and go. You better pack a lunch and eat it then order.Special Features:
- Lives up to Lisa's standardsClayinSeattleDined on 9/20/2014Beautiful meal in a beautiful setting....and I'm not just saying that because Lisa, Ken and Giggy were seated at the next table. The service was perfect, the food imaginative and delicious.....nothing could have been better (exempt maybe fewer paparazzi)......will definitely return.Special Features:
- Fun night outLeviboy01Dined on 9/20/2014Last Saturday night for dinner at Sur staff was friendly The restaurant itself was very clean. food came pretty quickly and was delicious The only thing I would say was a negative was tables too close together. Lisa Vanderpump was dinning at the same time and was very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!daniszikszaiDined on 9/20/2014We were holidaying internationally and booked at Sur months in advance for a special meal before leaving for home. We could only secure an early booking (6:30pm) We arrived early and were given the option of being seated immediately to dine or to go to the adjoining lounge (which we chose to do). The lounge was great with a good variety of cocktails (my choice), wine and whiskeys (husbands choice), our drinks arrived promptly and were delicious. For dinner we were attended by a lovely man (Gabriel) Food was delicious and quick to come out, meal sizes were substantial for the price point. Lisa and Ken arrived & were very obliging for guests who wanted a quick snap with them (and Giggy!) Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- SUR is SUBLIMEIluvLAdiningDined on 9/20/2014We traveled to LA from Minnesota for a business conference and SUR was recommended by a friend. The atmosphere was both energetic and refined with gorgeous decor, beautiful and friendly staff and a vast menu. The sea bass was exceptional--seared perfectly and literally melted in my mouth. The Ahi tuna was also delicious and flavor-forward. The staff took the time out of their busy evenings to chat and take photos with us, making it a truly memorable night. Looking forward to returning someday and will recommend SUR to friends, family and business acquaintances. Thank you for the amazing meal and ambiance!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sur driver charges triple taxi fareOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Sorry to say not worth the money. We asked the waiter to order us a taxi we were told the driver would take us no mention we would be charged. It cost us $30.00 to get there by taxi and $90.00 for the return trip. Overpriced and overrated it cost us $170 for two main meals one dessert and two beers. The main was tiny one small piece of fish one flat mushroom and a few artichoke hearts. The dessert crepes with fruit was nothing special. No bread was offered. Lisa and Ken were there not very friendly people don't like their fans. Definitely would not bother to return.
- No good at all everything wrongLanightsDined on 9/19/2014They brought the wrong appetizers, no asking for more drinks after first round , order steak medium rare and got a well done steak because they brought the wrong order, the whole expierience was really bad !!! Never got the manager to visit our table after so many mistakes, our server was sweet but she doesn't have a clue what service means..., I had friend visiting from vegas and they were surprised that even in a nice restaurant service was mediocre.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Great place to take my girl on a date. She has been wanting to go there for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two restaurants at Sur!AussiegirlsDined on 9/19/2014We booked Sur months ago (from Australia) as my daughter is a fan of the TV show. Our taxi dropped us off outside the Sur Lounge entrance and they had our booking so we eat there, only realising as we were leaving, that the actual Sur restaurant (as featured in the TV show) was next door. Felt disappointed, as no one told us that we should have/ could have been next door which looked lovely. The Sur lounge is quite nice and low key but does feel a bit of an afterthought, and now I can see why. Great service, ok food and $40 for a souvenir t-shirt (!). Paid over $200 at Mozza last night - same amount, but 100% better food and ambience. Really wanted to like Sur more, but feel disappointed.Special Features:
- Decent dining experienceWehodinerDined on 9/18/2014Came here on a whim after taking in a photo exhibit at PDC. Three of us each ordered an entree and split a bottle of wine. Waiter was kind enough to let us try a few before choosing. I had the skirt steak (or maybe it was flank?) which was cooked properly, along with spinach and brussel sprouts. Everything tasted pretty good, but the brussels were pretty bland/not my favorite. Overall it was a good experience, however because of the reality show it felt really cheesy to be dining there, and for $50 pp I could think of several others places I would've preferred to have dined at.Special Features:
- Ambiance was amazingBestnightoutDined on 9/16/2014The art in the restaurant was absolutely beautiful..I love the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT WHAT YOU THINKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I didn't go here for a long time thinking it'd be overpriced and mediocre cuz its on a reality show and they don't have to try hard. I was way wrong. Though I had more and enjoyed it all.... IF YOU GO THERE JUST FOR THE SPA COOLER COCKTAIL AND THE CHOPPED ARUGLA SALAD YOU'LL LEAVE VERY HAPPY! For any warm day here in LA.... they are the perfect combination. They're both in the top 3 best salad and cocktail I've ever had! And of course the decor is tres chic just like Lisa!Special Features:
- Go for the scene but not to eatWinendine23Dined on 9/14/2014The ambiance is amazing very beautiful bUT there food is horrible I ordered a lobster& crab ravioli and I could not eat it there was a bad fishy aftertaste that tells me the seafood was very low quality and old and frozenSpecial Features:
- ExcellentSammyandLibbyDined on 9/14/2014Everything was perfect. Superb food, wonderful ambiance and exceptional service. Peter stopped by our table at right time intervals. We didn't feel one bit rushed. Perfect for our 15 yr anniversary. We highly recommend SURSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedd1121dmDined on 9/13/2014I live in New York and went to LA on vacation. I went to SUR mostly to just visit the restaurant because of the show Vanderpump Rules and because of Lisa Vanderpump. The decoration is amazing, it's a beautiful restaurant with a wonderful night life bar feel. The food is not out of this world but it's eatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Obnoxious Next TablejustmenowDined on 9/13/2014The table behind us ( my chair bumped up to another chair at their table) was a group of 6-8. They were celebrating a birthday and the person sitting directly behind me was hollering at the top of her lungs the whole time. The profanities and the F bombs were over the top. All I wanted to do was leave. It was annoying. The waitress said the had already asked them to calm down but obviously that didn't work. Once we were don they offered to move us to another seat.....but we were done. Couldn't stand one more minute of the noise.Special Features:
- Loved Sur'sTeresaDined on 9/13/2014It was everything and more what I thought Sur's would be. Food was great, the service treated us wonderful. It was really pretty at night. We got there a little before dark , they lite candles all around us, rose petals on table with fresh flowers. When we left the lighting of Sur's was so pretty. We sat out on covered patio. After sun went down they tied back curtains to street which was neat. Everyone was so friendly . I highly recommend this restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItAshleyDined on 9/13/2014Took someone here for a birthday, and they loved it.Special Features:
- Great Meal & Fantastic time at SURRJSSDined on 9/12/2014An amazing dining experience in a gorgeous setting. My party of 5 enjoyed the best calamari with chipotle mayonnaise to start, followed by steak, chicken piccata, roasted chicken, pork chops and bacon wrapped meatloaf (I'll be copying this at home) along with a wonderful selection of sides. Didn't order desserts as we opted for chocolate martinis instead. Service was friendly and attentive. Will definitely return again when back in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 startsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Sur had a super romantic feel to it and is perfect for date night. Food was ok, nothing special. Very friendly waitress and the manager Peter was also super friendly. The bartenders were kinda douchy. I would of gave 4 stars but the food was a disappointment. It was pretty much pasta with jarred sauce and my friends pasta had so many olives in it that's all she could taste. I would go here again but would def order something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingnicoletaylorDined on 9/12/2014I am a avid fan of vanderpump rules and have been to America twice and it is far best the best restaurant. The food was amazing that we are still talking about it. The rack of lamb was A+ and the staff were amazing. Thank you peter, josh and gabrielle, you made our night. I will be passing my recommendation throughout australia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great SURpriseDeePeeDined on 9/10/2014Better than I ever thought it would be - great food, service and wine list - SURpassed my expectations in a big way - I will definitely return Well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceEnglishTouristDined on 9/10/2014I enjoyed my experience overall, however my friends and I have travelled from England and we felt rushed throughout our evening. I didn't particularly like the service as we were left with just water to drink and had to call someone over to order. The food was lovely, although our server began clearing our table before we had all finished our meal. We felt rushed and did not stay to have a drink at the bar due to the service we had received during dinner and there was no attempt at a conversation of friendly chit chat by staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and nice ambiance.pmedicDined on 9/10/2014Was hoping to see Lisa or one of the show stars but no such luck this time. We will try again the next time I am in. L.A. Food was great and the wait staff was superb. Had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Sexy gorgeous comfy delicious great location and the Martini's fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Natalie HowellNatalieNewSmyrnaBchFlDined on 9/9/2014What a terrific experience we had at Sur Restaurant. We are from Florida and have had bisque's often, but none could compare to the lobster bisque at Sur. My husband raved about the spinach soup as well. Our entire dinner was excellent and affordable. The restaurant was beautiful and elegant. Upon our arrival, our rental car was hit in the public parking lot behind Sur. Not being from California, we were lost in regards to the laws and how to handle it. The staff took it upon themselves to comfort and aid us in our situation. They called the police, gave names for witnesses and kept my company while my husband made frequent trips outside to look for the police's arrival. Lovely restaurant and top notch staff.Special Features: