606 North Robertson Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.surrestaurant.com./
- Phone: (310) 289-2824
- Hours of Operation:
Mon -Wed 5:30pm - 10pm
Thur - Sat 5:30pm to 11pm
Sun - 5:30pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, International
- Executive Chef: Joe Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Eye-candy and easy listening lounge music.
Sur offers guests friendly, attentive service and sumptuous international cuisine for a truly unique dining experience. Refurnished with gorgeous antiques and striking artifacts by Lisa Vanderpump Todd, a realhousewives of Beverly Hills, Sur has a very seductive vibe. Sur has comfy indoor dining, a romantic patio, and a chic private room.
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
- Another Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/21/2014I've eaten here several times on the patio and it is such a delightful venue to dine at. The service is always consistently top notch, food fresh and delicious, and the portions are large. Sur is still the best dining experience in boys town. Whether it is dinner with friends, family or business...this place always seems to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014The atmosphere is amazing the servers are so kind but the food was below the expectation I can say less than average food I would recommend the restaurant for a drinks not for foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to go but probably wouldnt returnOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2014I really wanted to try the restaurant for the obvious reasons and it was great and fun! The restaurant food wasn't as good as I thought it would be but it was decent. The place is really pretty but could use a facelift. Our server was super nice and had a top notch service attitude!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown awayWonderfulDined on 11/17/2014All I have to say is WOW! Best food my family has eaten in LA. The presentation was gorgeous and the resteraunt was beautifully decorated. I will be going back time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014We came to Sur honestly only because of the "Vanderpump" show, and we're taken away with a "not surprising" disappointment. The hosts firstly acted as though they could care less if you were there, then when we were seated the waiters began to act attentive but that slowly began to wane. They seemed to be in a hurry for who knows why, the place was pretty empty for a Sunday night. I specified on the reservation it was my 19 year olds birthday , no mention of it or regard for that whatsoever! The staff are obviously wannabe actors gaping around looking for a casting director or something! The food is really mediocre for the price, a few of us had the skirt steak, which had good flavor but had the fat of something from Outback! And for this small of a restaurant they had "team" serving? Wow, that's really pathetic, the whole experience for being a table of six was really disappointing! Obviously Lisa Vanderpump could care less about how her restaurant is really run, (why should she , she has more money than all of LA?) Our tab came to over $300 because of the "service charge" being a party of 6, most restaurants completely cater to large parties knowing you are paying a big tab, but not here...I work at a 5-star resort and spa and am in the hospitality business and I would be horrified if I knew my place was run so sloppily! Lisa, if you are who you portray yourself to be on tv, your restaurants would be modeled after you. Really too bad and super disappointing!!! :/
- pretty goodVaheDined on 11/15/2014Chose this for my 2 year anniversay spot with my girlfriend. Started off at the lounge that's attached to the restaurant. Got a couple drinks, nice vibe, good drinks. Had reservations at 11, that's pm so I liked that they took reservations that late. Ordered the infamous goat cheese balls which were delicious but only 3 pieces?? I ordered the ribeye and the wifey ordered the crispy chicken both delicious. Overall very good ambiance. Do recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Restaurant Table & the Food has gone downProducerLADined on 11/15/2014This was my second visit to SUR for my Birthday Dinner, the first was 3 years ago and then, the food was excellent, service was excellent and I was seated in the beautiful restaurant. I booked the table through Open Table for convenience and was shocked to be guided to a table in the lounge. Does SUR throw guests in there when booked through Open Table? Is it the time of reservation that determines where you sit? No specification was on the Open Table site and when Sur callled to confirm, they mentioned nothing regarding the table being in the lounge. The food was a disappointment, it was so delicious three years ago and now its bland, uninteresting and doesn't feel unique, or like it was created or cooked by a chef at all. Our server was amazing, but half way through our dinner was slammed with a party of over 40. They waited in the lounge to be seated crowding out dining guests, smoking with elbows and butts bumping tables. Because he was so busy we waited an extra 25 minutes to pay our check, prompting me to go to the front to ask for management just to pay so we could leave to our next destination. Again the server was superb, polite, amazing. He had barely any help with the large party and was doing his best to finish up with our table. At our exit the bar was packed wall to wall and had turned 'club' which is great and seemed fun, but Having to squeeze out after dinner was not. Had we been seated in the restaurant as I assumed thats what my reservaiton was for, our dining experience would have been wonderful im certain. From the beginning of our meal and upon exit of the restaurant. I unfortunately would not recommend Sur if this is the way the resturant is going about things three years later. Its a beautiful atmosphere and its poularity im sure brings many visitors, but for MY friends in the industry in town and visiting LA to work on projects, I'm not certain SUR makes the cut anymore.
- Food nothing to write home aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/15/2014The ambiance at Sur was very nice, however I was very disappointed in the food. The dumplings tasted like a wad of dough and the rest of our meal was just boring!
- Great viber, beautiful restaurant, no so good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2014We had a lovely time here. The place is beautiful and there's so many different secrions. We had dinner here then went and hung out at the bar. The service was great in the dinner section but at the bar area not as good. The drink selection was good and reasonably priced. The food was terrible. After ordering it came out within 5 mins which questioned is if it was already cooked and reheated. I had the chicken, greens, mash potato and gravy and definantly wouldn't reccomend getting that. The vibe was great and the venue is beautiful but good terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time in CaliFirsttimerDined on 11/13/2014Wanted to try Sur, especially since it was my first time in Cali and I'm a fan of Vanderpump Rules. I was a little disappointed that i didn't see any of my fave people from the show. They had enough staff working but no one I recognized. The food was good, i wouldnt say great. I had a white vine sangria which was delicious, but they added a ton of ice to the glass so it went quick. I also had the lobster/crab raviolis. They were tasty but a little undercooked, maybe al dente. But i did finish the whole plate. The service was wonderful, our waitress kept checking on us to make sure everything was good. The prices were a little high but like any other up scale place. Overall, i'd go back again one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love everything about this place..EuropeanAlenaDined on 11/13/2014Our food was excellent , the ribeye was melting in our mouth, the Caesar salat dressing was real anchovy based ( loved it!!) , l wine was fantastic , the salmon was fresh nicely cold smoke, table was beautiful , service was great, the ambiance of fresh flowers , candles and decor was so beautiful and romantic but not over the top. It was perfect in every way . Thank you for the beautiful dinning experience . I'll be back soon and over and over ..Special Features:
- unremarkableMattsbVIPDined on 11/11/2014The hostess lead us near our table and pointed to it. The napkins, silverware, candle and menus were on a chair. So we had to set our own table. The food was pretty good but the attitude of the staff was like they were doing us a favor to wait on us. Won't go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/11/2014I very much enjoyed my time at SUR. The food was tasty and the server was friendly. The food did take quite some time to be served but it was worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JClaryDined on 11/10/2014I was absolutely surprised when Lisa and Ken came walking in the restaurant and then sat right next to us. Lisa was very kind and took pictures with people who asked. The food was very good. And the decor was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014SUR over exceeded my expectations. I watch Vanderpump Rules and RHOBH and that's what made me want to come. The food and ambiance were excellent. My husband even gave it 5 stars. Our food came out very quickly and the staff was so polite. I give props to Peter who was so professional even when people were asking for pictures. I will come back every time I visit LA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SFSD2014Dined on 11/9/2014Outstanding food. The blackberry cobbler was amazingSpecial Features:
- Beautiful restaurantLuvamazingfoodDined on 11/9/2014Really lovely ambiance..We arrived an hour early, and were able to be seated right away! Service was good and the food was nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisyclaud969Dined on 11/8/2014Overall it was good, the drinks and the food were great but the noise level was ridiculous. The tables are too close together and the music is loud so people speak very loudly. We were sat next to THE most annoying groupies. Every time someone from the show would walk by they would yell out their name and ask for a picture...EVERY FREAKEN TIME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I thought.Clu90Dined on 11/8/2014Service and food were great. Tables close together and it can get loud. With SUR being on TV it attracted a young female crowd. One of the guys from show was there and pictures were popping by the guest. Don't understand why you want a picture of the bartender or waiter . Overall good place. In middle of dinner the TMZ tour bus stopped.Special Features:
- I'll definitely be back!KaprikornDined on 11/7/2014This is a great spot. Whether it's out with girlfriends, a group dinner or out on a date, Sur has the perfect ambiance, food and drinks. Go earlier than your dinner reservation and have some drinks in the Lounge. Place is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it!dissapointedDined on 11/6/2014Our food was amazing! I had a steak and my husband had the lamb. We were both saying mmmm the whole time. The drinks were okay, they were a little weak. I had to ask for a double martini just to taste the alcohol, and I've never asked for a double anywhere! We went b/c we watch Lisa's show and of course wanted to see the cast, but none were there. There were alot of look-alikes, which made me think that was purposely done...which made me wonder if the show is even real. disappointed with that. lol The ambiance was great. We stayed at the bar area for a couple more drinks (again weak), but we loved the crowd. Over all, we were pleasantly surprised how much we enjoyed the food! (not dissapointed. idk how nickname appeared like that)Special Features:
- Not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014The place was not too busy that we could not have been placed in a better area and nicer table. Instead we were seated next to glass doors where we could watch the smokers and inhale the smoke with them. It made the experience less than enjoyable since I am allergic to cigarette smoke. We took our food to go after a while and skipped dessert.Special Features:
- DiningTravellerDined on 11/5/2014Loved it however tables too close together. Travelled from Australia didn't really just want to listen to tables either side conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so great serviceloveVIPDined on 11/4/2014our waitress was clueless and brought food way too fast/early and when i told her she looked blankly at me....
- Great place for dinnerFoodlurveDined on 11/3/2014The restaurant was everything and more then we expected. Great food and great service! The cocktails were perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out in HollywoodTreenyandThijsyDined on 11/3/2014Brilliant place to dine, food, wine, cocktails and ambience just perfect, the staff were sensational to usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014We started our dinner off with the goat cheese cheeseballs and they are soooo good! The appetizer only comes with three breaded cheese balls so if you have four people maybe not the best choice. I ordered the white sangria which I highly recommend because they make it fresh each morning and soak it in fresh fruit unlike the red sangria they serve which is just basic bottled sangria. For dinner I highly recommend the fettuccine with the crispy chicken in it. That is not how it comes on the menu but if you ask them to do that they will!Special Features:
- decor doesnt make quality foodfuturefoodcriticDined on 11/2/2014The ambiance was fantastic! The drinks were highly overpriced for what seemed like a 3 sip glass. The food lacked quality, taste, and presentation.Special Features:
- Hollywood BirthdaycupcakerDined on 11/1/2014I went here with my friend for my birthday and was definitely happy! My steak was cooked well and the chicken/shrimp dumpling were very good. All the food came out super fast which surprised me - but in a good way! Definitely would recommend Lisa Vanderpump's sangrias, we ordered a bottle of the red which I really enjoyed. Good atmosphere, attentive service staff, and seeing Lisa and family was definitely an added bonus! When I'm back in Los Angeles I'm sure I will come back to SUR and try PUMP.Special Features:
- Lives Up To The Hype!lwrocksDined on 11/1/2014A friend of mine was in town and she is obsessed with the Bravo shows "Vanderpump Rules" and "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills". She insisted that we have dinner at SUR. The first thing I noticed were the decorations and overall ambiance of the place. I really enjoyed the feel and how everything looked. The staff were very attentive and accommodating. I had the roasted garlic chicken breast with mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts. My friend had the skirt steak. We agreed that everything was seasoned well and tasted great! We also had jalapeño cucumber margaritas. Very unique and tasty! SUR has a great happy hour menu too. Overall, SUR was a great experience and I'm looking forward to returning again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great funSimoDined on 10/31/2014Went here on Halloween, had a great night, fabulous wait staff and all round fun. Food was enjoyable and the cocktails were flowing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak!Loves2eatDined on 10/31/2014Great food and wonderful service! I highly recommend Sur. Definitely order the Filet Mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedJenaVIPDined on 10/30/2014Ambiance is wonderful, service on point, food a big disappointment.
- Sur excellenceSamuelBDined on 10/29/2014Excellent food. Great decor. Friendly and attentive staff. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just averageBelle73Dined on 10/28/2014Previous visit was great. This time Menu was uninspiring, one steak was over cooked but everything else was ok. Service was very slow to start but better later. Server was in appropriately dressed (scruffy) for a 'fancy' restaurant but was pleasant. The room our table was in was not the best part of the restaurant (right next to the bar). Wanted to impress out of town guests and it just missed the mark. Was definitely better on the wkend but this visit on a week night fell shortSpecial Features:
- Lived up to reputationGaryBDined on 10/27/2014Very much enjoyed our dinner here. Lively conversations from surrounding tables, but in a good way, showing that everyone was enjoying the evening but not so loud to be intrusive. The calamari was great as appetizer, and the ahi tuna was very well prepared. Good selection of wine by the glass, since we did not have a designated driver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday celebration to remember.partypartyDined on 10/27/2014Five of us brought our friend here for her birthday and had a most enjoyable evening. Excellent service and food. Two of us enjoyed the sea bass special - delicious. The restaurant was full, yet the sound level was very pleasant. Romantic, warm decor. Good drinks. All was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good place for a B-day dinnerJohnicusVIPDined on 10/26/20142nd forced time at this restaurant with regrets every time. Cocktails & Apps kind of place. Should have eaten dinner at Tortilla Republic right next door.
- excellent decor, good foodrb97225Dined on 10/25/2014went to celebrate a cousins birthday. The ambiance was very good. upbeat and very chic. The food was good. Better than expectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trendy, romantic, ambiancemeimeiDined on 10/24/2014love the beautiful restaurant, the decor is very warm and trendy. service is great. our waitress is so friendly. since we don't drink alcohol, she recommended a non alcohol mixed drink with pineapple juice, 7 up, mint..it was so good. food is good, we cleaned our plate, the price is affordable. great eveninging thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.