926 South Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.supperphilly.com/
- Phone: (215) 592-8180
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday and Monday- 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Saturday and Sunday 10:30 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mitch Prensky
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Supper, a 'three bell', 'Best of Philly' restaurant is Mitch and Jennifer Prensky's homage to great American dining. Supper features delicious, creative cuisine utilizing local & seasonal ingredients. Coupled with a beautiful atmosphere and superb service, Supper is an all around great experience.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Pepito 2155928180x
- Special Events: Please inquire within.
A word from Supper
Supper is a Modern American restaurant with a casual and comforting dining atmosphere that serves seasonal American cooking with a true "farm to table" aesthetic. Our exclusive relationship with Blue Elephant Farm in Newtown Square, PA means that the vegetables are grown to Chef Mitch Prensky's exacting standards, picked at the peak of flavor and delivered same day to Supper's kitchen. The look of the restaurant can be described as an “urban farmhouse” showcasing a design of natural materials, wood and whitewashed exposed brick within the cityscape of Philadelphia. Supper has an open exhibition kitchen with table seating and two full service bar areas on the first and second floors. The second floor of the restaurant, termed “The Family Room,” is an inviting space to hold your next special event. We look forward to having you over for Supper!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Supper reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (53)great for brunch (25)good for groups (23)special occasion (21)romantic (20)great for lunch (9)hot spot (9)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Perfect Birthday BrunchJoya2014Dined on 11/16/2014I celebrated my birthday at Supper recently with a large group. The chef was accommodating regarding a special meal I requested for my group, and the overall service, ambiance and food quality was impeccable. I can't wait to return and will recommend Supper to all of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new favorite place!nicole1653Dined on 11/13/2014I stumbled upon this place when I was searching for a farm to table type restaurant in Philadelphia. I'm quite a foodie and I've been every where from a hole in the wall, home made food restuarant in rural Guatemala to a 5 star place in NYC and I have to say this place holds it ground for a quite a gem from the food to the decor to the staff. The food was great! I ended up back here for dinner again just a few nights after my first visit. From the apps to the main course every bite was delicious. I highly recommend the smoked sweet potato soup and the burger accompanied by duck fat fries hits the spot for a cold fall evening. The decor inside is great and the big windows in front of the restaurant make it seem even bigger inside then it actually is. The wait staff is incredibly friendly, always checking in to ensure you're enjoying your food. If you enjoy a night out with a significant other or friends this is a great place, you don't have to worry about loud obnoxious sport fans ruining dinner or having to yell to have a conversation. I will be back again and I'm sure sooner then later, hopefully for brunch next time !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurantLeopardprintDined on 11/9/2014A cinnamon roll with bacon inside on a Sunday morning? AbsolutelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely yummy!KatescornerDined on 11/4/2014You have got to try this place! From the super friendly host to the amazing , attentive waiter, it is so wonderful. The food?? Well, the food was out of this world. My husband was skeptical at first (he is a meat and potatoes guy). However, he has not stopped raving about the incredible meal.Special Features:
- Disappointing brunchckjdinerVIPDined on 11/2/2014We came for brunch and were pretty disappointed with food. The menu sounded great but all of our dishes were sub par. A couple of the dishes were alright- the lamb sandwich and the steak dish. I had the Dixie biscuits. The grits were not well cooked, they were dry and closer to a mashed potato consistency. My sister had the banana pudding French toast. She was very disappoint in the consistency as the toast was closer to pudding than bread. The waiter was very nice and took it off the check when we let him know. Overall, our expectations were high and we felt the food didn't deserve the rave reviews it's received in the past. Maybe it is brunch specifically where they are lacking. Either way, I wouldn't recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OK but not greatDocChefDined on 10/24/2014I want to start by saying our meal was not bad but it didn't hold up to the expectation from reading reviews and descriptions. The deviled eggs were creative and probably the best of the meal. I had the duck confit and waffles. I've had duck confit many times in many places both in the US and OUS and the meat always falls off the bone. I had to wrestle the meat off the piece I got with a knife. The waffle was nothing special and much like what I make at home for my kids. I expected them to be distinctly savory and they weren't. I never really care about portion size and these were on par with most fine dining venues. Wait staff was pleasant and attentive enough. Probably wouldn't go back, too many other good choices in Philadelphia
- Creative farm to table selectionsPoppyandNanaDined on 10/23/2014I have eaten at Supper about 5 times while traveling in the Philadelphia area. The menu selections are very creative - some of the best Imhave experienced in the area.Special Features:
- South Street Must Tryfood4thoughtDined on 10/18/2014The food is simply amazing. The sweet potato soup is one the best things we have ever eaten. The duck and waffles is one of the most popular dishes. The hamburger is the huge and delicious. The beer and wine list is comprehensive. The chef visits every table and chats for a bit. He loves what he does and that definitely shows in the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phillyfoodnutDined on 10/18/2014Great find! Glad we tried it! Creative cuisine. Great atmosphere & really nice vibe ...,..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just fair--DiscerningeaterVIPDined on 10/18/2014Some good flavors but a lot of salt, with one dish so heavily salted it was inedible. Kitchen re-made it, but it was just as salty the second time. The dishes that worked were good but nothing dazzling. I also thought it was unjustifiably expensive given the actual dishes and portions. For $300 w/tip for 4 people (2 courses each, 2 beers, 1 bottle of white wine), I think there are other places where the food may not be as hit-or-miss.
- Always enjoyableDocinphilaVIPDined on 10/17/2014the food is always prepared in different and unusual ways, and is always very good;never had a bad meal here.Special Features:
- Blown AwayBlueXVIPDined on 10/15/2014Fantatic. Delicious food, very good mixed drinks, and friendly attentive service. I was pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was wonderfulSingingTasteBudsDined on 10/12/2014The food was outstanding. The taste and presentation was by far the best we have had in a while. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Before you knew you needed something they already had it for you. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supper dining experiencePhillyfunDined on 10/4/2014We dined at Supper over the weekend. The service was great, and the employees were very friendly. The food was okay, but not wonderful. The chicken and burgers were under cooked. The Tomalie Pie was not hot enough when served and was not a favorite for two of our guests. The only thing that was a home run was the liquor... Which ended up being the expensive part of the dinner.Special Features:
- GREAT FOR BRUNCHck369633256Dined on 9/20/2014Went on a Saturday around 12pm, not crowded at all, and service was OK. Portions were a little small, in comparison to Sabrina's, but I really enjoyed my meal.Special Features:
- eatdrinkbemerryDined on 9/19/2014Great restaurant week menu! Noise level was higher than normal but still a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supper is SuperlibrarygroupDined on 9/18/2014This is my second visit and I had some hesitation because it was Restaurant Week but the service was excellent, food was great and the noise level was very acceptable.Special Features:
- Supper got supper rightfancygreenfringeDined on 9/17/2014I went there for restaurant week with a couple friends and it was pretty amazing. The food was fantastic and the service was great. Also, the portions were substantial and as much as we wanted to, we simply could not finish the last course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet upLindaVIPDined on 9/17/2014I was meeting colleagues from work, one whom I haven't seen for over a year, and Supper was a great place to meet. The food is always farm to table fresh, the menu is always inventive without being over the top. Unfortunately it was restaurant week so we had a very limited menu. I had the watermelon salad to start, which was peppery, sweet and cool at the same time really delicious. Then the mahi-mahi which was moist and fresh. I ordered the wrong dessert. I ordered the fruit cobbler, when I should have had the dark chocolate pudding. I didn't like the cobbler, it was big huge chucks of crouton like topping with sour cooked fruit. Not to my liking. Our server was excellent. My friends pudding was fabulous. Can't wait to go againSpecial Features:
- WendelDined on 9/14/2014It's hard to find high end southern cuisine on the north-but this is it! Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First bad experienceFancyVIPDined on 9/14/2014I've been going to Super for about a year, ever since I moved into the neighborhood, and it's been consistently good. It was restaurant week, so perhaps this is why they were off their game. I ordered a thick white fish (can't remember the type), and I realized about a fourth of the way in, that it was very raw in the middle and hard to cut, suggesting (to me) that it had been frozen fish. We were exhausted, so I just ate from the two sides and left the middle raw part. I don't usually eat the entire portion anyway but this was unappetizing. I did let the waiter know about the problem when he was clearing the plates. The manager and wait staff were VERY NICE and apologetic and covered our beverages.
- Everything but the foodCare2eatVIPDined on 9/14/2014I wanted to love this place, but all the flavors were too extreme for me. The fish was undercooked, spinach too salty, dessert too sweet, watermelon salad overdressed and extremely sweet/tart. Everything else about this place: the service, layout, and location was ideal! I would be willing to give this place another chance.Special Features:
- An Uneven ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014Good points: deviled eggs are awesome, service was spot on, desserts were very good: chocolate oatmeal pie and peach-raspberry cobbler. Spouse enjoyed his pork loin. I was disappointed with the duck confit with pecan waffles. I could taste no hint of sage in the waffles & the "pecans" were some nuts scattered around the plate. Expected they would be incorporated into the waffle. The only liquid was a teaspoon of cabbage juice so the waffle was dry. I could detect neither maple nor bourbon. But the biggest issue was the duck itself. It was burnt (black charred burnt) around the edges & all along the back. I suppose I should have sent it back, but I really didn't want to wait for another one while my spouse ate or had his dinner get cold.
- DisappointedGeorgeDined on 9/13/2014We tried Supper for the first time, and were greatly disappointed. The appetizer of homemade pate was more like a meatloaf than a pate. The app wasn't served with the grainy mustard like in the description. The Duck and Waffles could have been great but turned out to be another let down. Although the server talked up their specialty as a moist delicious duck, it tasted overcooked and dry. The peach and raspberry cobbler was like made by a child, not sophisticated or of a gourmet quality like expected. With a bottle of wine, 2 cocktails and dinner for two, the $175 dinner tab, was well overpriced given the disappointing food served. Not recommended and will not return.
- Restaurant Week DisappointmentfoodinistaDined on 9/12/2014I try and visit restaurants during Restaurant Week that will provide me an opportunity to try a Top 50 and want to return to it as a regular occasional customer. Although the ambiance was good, I can't say the food will pull me in. Everything was overcooked to dryness AND cold. My Striped Bass was dry, oversalted, and coldish. The accompanying greens were overcooked, but also cold. The pudding dessert was uninspired and something I could make. The signature cocktail had great flavor was too warm. The server was nice, but could have checked earlier for a refill. My guest's drink was so strong it was undrinkable.Neither of my guests ate a lot. Not a good sign for us. I probably will not return.
- Restaurant Week CelebrationDiningDivaDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I dined at Supper during Restaurant Week for his birthday. There were mostly pros to our experience, the only con of the night was the house manager, who did not seem very warm or genuine during our interactions. However, our server Traci was delightful! The heirloom tomato and watermelon salad was to die for; my husband also thoroughly enjoyed his BE Farms greens and herbs salad (he keeps begging me to try and replicate it). We enjoyed chatting while sipping on our sangrias. The pastrami fried chicken was tasty but not nearly as good as we thought it would be. The peach and berries cobbler was incredible. The ambiance of Supper is upscale yet homey, keeping it from feeling stuffy and pretentious. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekAcm5255VIPDined on 9/12/2014Week came for restaurant week and it was great. The three courses offered plenty of food and a lot of variety. I would also highly recommend their cocktails, I had an incredible drink that was more amazing than dinner itself and I will definitely be back to try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive all-around experience!HumesviewDined on 9/12/2014...besides the expensive drinks... $8/beer and $10/mixed drink... They were good but not over $70 good... Hearing it was restaurant week was a surprise when we arrived... Bummed at limited menu, but thought we'd at least catch a break with total bill... Shocked when bill arrived that our drink portion of the bill was greater than the food portion... It's amazing how much money restaurants can charge for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resturant WeekNicolewesoDined on 9/12/2014My coworkers and I had the restaurant week menu early Friday evening. I worried it may be too limiting for 4 people, but it was just enough variety. I thoroughly enjoyed my watermelon and heirloom salad, striped bass, and chocolate pudding. Also, the buttermilk biscuit plate as at the beginning of the meal was perfect! I would definitely recommend this to a foodie who wants fresh, seasonal dishes.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekhpfreakDined on 9/12/2014I went here with a friend for Restaurant week and was not disappointed. Very good food for the price paid. The combinations of ingredients make you question how good it will be, but trust me, they are all fantastic. Highly recommend the soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please fix the airOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/10/2014Dinner was lovely, but honestly we were all so hot, it detracted from the experience.
- deedle6Dined on 9/10/2014good all around. great flavors. may be a bit pricy for the neighborhood locals.Special Features:
- "SUPPER"califragilisticDTrainDined on 9/10/2014We chose to try Supper for restaurant week and were not disappointed on any level. The staff was friendly and attentive, the meal was not rushed and the atmosphere was perfect for an upscale casual dinner. The supper began with a melt in your mouth homemade biscuit, as big as the palm of my hand, and sweet yet salty maple butter. The corn and coconut soup was silky smooth and oh so full of fresh flavor. The heirloom tomato and watermelon salad surprised but did not disappoint. The entrees of pastrami fried chicken and striped bass continued to tantalize our taste buds and the sides of kale, collards and grits were sublime. Dessert topped the meal off perfectly. The fruit flavors in the cobbler just exploded in the mouth with every bite.Special Features:
- calvinbearDined on 9/7/2014Nice food, pretty interesting too. Well worth a visit if nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go again . . . and againRingoesNJDined on 9/6/2014Seasonal menu that bridged summer food with early fall items. Each of 4 diners had a different entree, and each entree was exceptional. Solid wine menu, creative cocktails, and good location on South Street just 10 minute walk to Walnut and the theaters. Portion size worth the price, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and comfortableDeuxchiensDined on 8/31/2014A great, soulful take on traditional Southern food. We had the duck and waffles, shrimp and grits, salad with chicken cracklins and corn soup. The duck fat fried potatoes weren't any different from regular fries, unfortunately. They gave us homemade biscuits with maple butter to start; they were warm and perfect. The buttermilk ice cream was very flavorful and fresh. Everything was delicious and surprisingly light. The only drawback: the waiter and hostess were too attentive. He'd come up to ask us how everything was, only to be followed by her and the same question a few seconds later. We found their frequent and redundant attention to be quite intrusive. However, they were very polite and obviously committed to customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked small platesRkimmitchellDined on 8/30/2014The option for small plates makes it easy to try a number of things. The menu is pretty small, however, so the options for trying things is limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique offeringsJerseygirlDined on 8/24/2014This restaurant brunch menu is unique. The usual items like waffles and eggs and biscuit are given unique twists. There is a southern touch with the best grits I have ever had. We really enjoyed our meal here and could not eat all the food offered. Good value. Would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014Met friends here for brunch. Loved it! Food was delicious, our server was great. Want to go back again, for brunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, service and FOOD!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The waitstaff was super friendly and attentive. The food was delicious! Great starters, side and entree selections. The open kitchen is an added bonus; the kitchen staff was nice to look at during dinner :). Overall it was a good experience and I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.