156 E. Second St.
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.supperrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 477-7600
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: Cash Only
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Special Events: Supper can be utilized for weddings, birthday celebrations, anniversary parties, and more.
We have two private dining rooms that can sit up to 24 guests. We offer two different prix fixe menus and bar packages.
Please contact the restaurant.
A word from Supper Restaurant
Supper is The Third restaurant from the Frank crew. Here Frank has taken his favorite classic dishes from all over the north of italy and coupled them with a space that reeks Old East Village charm. Wine wine and more Italian Wines than any other east village restaurant. Think lots of brick and stone low lighting and a handinstalled Florentine wood ceiling pictured in the last supper. Old Venetian glass hanging chandeliers and it's all just a setting for a whirling swirling kitchen center stage. Yeah...Veal Milanese (proper), Bolognese out the... You guessed it. OUT DA BUTT. Beef short ribs BAROLO, yup. Freshest salads and MOZZ, SPECK, FALL PARM SALAD, BURRATA, spag limone!!! Yeah... Spag cacio pepe, Bagna Caoda, Osso buco, BOLLITO MISTO, Risotto Amarone, Arista di maiale, Dad's SUNDAY MARINARA SAUCE, chunky and ripped with fresh ricotta cheese.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Supper Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (21)romantic (21)notable wine list (15)special occasion (14)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Delicious food...never disappointwaiskiDined on 11/16/2014I've been to Supper many times and it never disappoints. Food was delicious and service is always great. We had the burrata mozzarella app and the octopus. Absolutely amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How things changed!DrMikePNYCVIPDined on 11/9/20141st went to Supper a while ago, and it was good. Went back Sunday (Nov 9) at my insistence- friend wanted Frank. Recent reviews for Supper seemed good so... True, service good but afraid that's about it. Food not "authentic" nor well-prepared. Don't understand rave reviews. All food consistently mediocre: pasta e fagioli soup CLEARLY from a can of prepared Goya red beans on too of which some greens and a mound of grated cheese was thrown. Took price off check which was nice but would have happily paid for a good bowl. Escarole side was soupy with burnt garlic; friend's gnocchi was mushy pile of "mac and cheese"; my Bolognese sauce was fine but pasta way overcooked. High prices ($22.95, 3 tomato slices and burrata) and LOUD CLANGING KITCHEN
- It doesn't get better then Supper!ilovenycDined on 11/6/2014From the Priest Stranglers to the Pasta Limone to the Veal Milanese.. They fail at nothing! Do not miss the burrata or the green beans either. Every dish we had was delicious.Special Features:
- Noisy and not so noteworthyTravelerVIPDined on 11/2/2014Must be a twenty something hang out because the food and atmosphere was nothing to brag about.
- LASAGNAdatenightfoodieDined on 10/29/2014Got a great seat at the bar in front of the stove top. Felt very family style. Best part was the Lasagna, worst part was the escarole. The Grilled Polenta was good but wish it wasn't grilled, would have loved it more traditionally in spoon-able form. The hostess was a little unfriendly given the down-home, grandma style menu -- I was hoping for someone a little more hospitable. Either way definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Italian RestaurantAliciaDined on 10/26/2014Supper is a great Italian restaurant in the East Village. At the front of the restaurant, you can watch the kitchen prepare the pasta dishes, which is fascinating to see how they have it down to a science and get everything out on time. They have a room in the back as well. The lighting is great and casts a low, warm glow. The food is incredible (I've only eaten the pasta) and the wine list is great. It's the kind of restaurant to go with good friends or a date/significant other and enjoy each others' company over good food and wine. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Vibrant and beautifulskdineDined on 10/20/2014Interior can be dim but it is also very, very romantic. We were seated in the wine cellar, in a private room because of our large group. Our server was friendly and very patient to explain the menu to the people unfamiliar with the cuisine. The menu is extensive with a lot of ingredients you don't typically see at other restaurants. Reservations are highly recommended if you are coming with a large group. The patio seating looks inviting too so ask for that if you are coming with a smaller group. One on one dining is perfect for the open kitchen inside. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. Crowds are typical on the weekends but for a weekday dining experience, this place is sublime. Go go go!Special Features:
- Great food, fun neighborhood placesusannycDined on 10/16/2014We loved our meal - great pasta and wonderful veggies. The place was humming, but the service was great. Overall, a very positive experience. The restaurant is a bit chaotic and noisy, but it is still charming and the servers are attentive. We sat at the bar and loved watching the chefs prepare the pasta. It is priced more reasonably than many other Italian restaurants in NYC which are not nearly as good.Special Features:
- Loved itafern03Dined on 10/15/2014I've been here several times and I absolutely love this place. The risotto and chicken parm are to die for.Special Features:
- Love!BestfriendeverDined on 10/10/2014Amazing food! They say my boyfriend and I in a back room, where it was very quiet and intimate. Very romantic. The kale gnocchi was super tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing birthday dinner!embails7Dined on 9/22/2014A group of 7 went to Supper for my friends birthday. We were looking for authentic italian food with a good ambiance but something that wasn't too expensive. Supper was the perfect mix of amazing food with an ambiance that felt like how a traditional dinner place would be in Europe. The staff was amazing in terms of being very friendly and accommodating to our group. They made sure to make my friend feel special on her birthday by making a custom dessert. They are extremely knowledgeable about food and were happy to answer all of our questions as well as give recommendations. The beans with bread they serve before dinner is AMAZING as was everything our table ordered. This is my new go-to restaurant in the east village!Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/19/2014The food was excellent. We had a wonderful recommendation on wine. We enjoyed the burrata appetizer. The mushroom pasta was to die for. We were lucky enough be be seated at the bar overlooking the kitchen. Watching the chef was amazing. They work so hard putting out a fabulous meal.Special Features:
- Love Supper!cisaacDined on 9/12/2014Such a great restaurant, one of my favorites really! I came here for a 30th birthday party and it was fantastic, we even had our own little room, and I have been coming back ever since. Great service, great food!Special Features:
- Don't honor reservationsUnderwhelmedVIPDined on 8/31/2014Had a 9pm reservation on Saturday for 2 people. A couple walked up in front of us, without reservations, and were told 20-25 minutes. We followed them and when checking in, were also told 20-25 minutes. What's the point of a reservation if it's not honored? As always, food was delicious. Service was frantic as it was busy. They would be wise to employ a host who has some sense of people skills...
- Barely ediblelivetoeatVIPDined on 8/25/2014I was totally baffled by the quality of food, and the cash only policy. I had the roast chicken which as over mashed potatoes smothered in a heavy thick dark sauce and I barely ate it. My fellow diners had the chicken parm. Our local pizza place makes a better version of that classic dish. The caesar salad tasted like it came from a bottle. And to boot the bill was 150 dollars, cash???? I couldn't account for how they could have so many diners.Special Features:
- AwesomeDannyVIPDined on 8/24/2014A true neighborhood gem. Excellent food, modest prices.Special Features:
- Consistently AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014My partner and I love Supper. We have been 5 times now and every time we are satisfied. Service is amazing. Food will not let you down. Wine list is great even for the basic by the bottle selections. The open kitchen format is great so we recommend sitting by the kitchen in the bar seats. CASH ONLYSpecial Features:
- Always meets my expectations!anitamarieDined on 8/18/2014I've been to Supper about five times now and each time it is consistently delicious! I was between two dishes and the waiter recommended the "timely priest stranglers." I was afraid this was going to be a bit too boring for me given it was pasta in a marinara sauce. It was anything but! Highly recommend Supper for anyone that is looking for a creative Italian menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLaurenDined on 8/12/2014I went to Supper on Tuesday night for my mothers birthday. Food and service were great. I wish it wasn't cash only, but that was minor issue. They brought us a birthday desert on the house which was thoughtful and kind.Special Features:
- Great FoodlaklausnerVIPDined on 8/8/2014Supper is one of my neighborhood go to's. Wait staff is always friendly. Food is delicious. Fun and low key.Special Features:
- Best Birthday EverKR730Dined on 7/30/2014I found Supper on a list of "good for groups" restaurants and decided to try it since it was one of the few places that would take a reservation for 15 at 7pm on a weekday. They tell you they won't seat you till everyone is there/you'll lose your reservation in 15 minutes if everyone isn't there on time, but they sat us right away even when there were only 6 of us. We had the room downstairs just for our group which was amazing–you could plug your own music to the speakers, it was quiet so we could all chat with each other and the food was delicious. I tried the kale gnocchi special. Uh. Mazing. We stayed for a long time and they were all very kind to us and accommodating. Would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous for groupsChocoLBDined on 7/27/2014Absolutely fabulous location for a group meal. The private space made our event feel so special and the food was (of course) top notch. Absolutely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Supper Restaurant reviews archive.
- BurrataOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014Amazing burrata and lemon spaghetti! Perfect date night spot.Special Features:
- eatr23Dined on 6/25/2014Food was pretty good, wine was decent. However, the server was very rude, refused to look me and my friend in the face and was more concerned with chit chatting with her friend at the bar than tending to the tables. Also, it was a bit annoying that they don't take cardsSpecial Features:
- Great find!Jax777Dined on 6/24/2014Super cool space with really terrific service! I will for sure go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the half-roasted chickenAmyloveeatingDined on 6/23/2014The half-roasted chicken with smashed potato is really tasty! Strongly recommending the roasted chicken!
- wonderful pastaKathiePDined on 6/21/2014we had three different pastas all were great and watching the chefs work was an experience!Special Features:
- Great Italian fare!EricGonzDined on 6/19/2014I ordered the daily special (breaded chicken cutlet). It was tasty, but not anything to wow over. On a previous trip to Supper I ordered a salmon fillet over arugula, which I'd recommend and probably get again. Wine list here is VERY extensive and the staff are friendly. Try to get a table in the back room for a little more intimacy if you're on a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta!!Liz084Dined on 6/19/2014This restaurant had been on my list for a while and it did not disappoint. We ordered the bruschetta which was delicious but the highlight of the meal was the pasta. SO FRESH!! Will definitely be coming back!
- East Village GemEastVillageGalDined on 6/14/2014All of the "Frank" restaurants consistently deliver with wonderfully prepared fresh meals and a relaxed vibe. I'm a fan for both brunch and dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJackieWVIPDined on 5/17/2014Great service and ambience. Came for brunch at 2pm on a Saturday, pretty empty. Great drink deal - 3 for 1! Food was terrific - loved the red sauce and eggplant. Also had the polenta with poached egg - perfectly cooked. Loved the bread and beans served beforehand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again on a Sunday nightMNT1VIPDined on 5/11/2014I just took my mom on Mother's Day to supper. I have been there many times and enjoy the simple but tasty food including the daily specials, octopus and meatball apps. This time, we had a reservation at 8:30 and were seated promptly. They were out of the daily special, osso buco already. Also out was the skirt steak, a few other things, no octopus and no meatballs on the menu anymore. Basically, only veal Milanese remained as a meat course and it was dry. The attitude was another layer of disappointment. Apparently this "happens all the time, oh well". In that case why don't they make sure they have more food? The whole table was disappointed. Our pastas were ok, nothing to write home about.
- Mother's Day DinnerAndyDined on 5/11/2014It was hard to find a place that would take a late reservation for 13 plus a toddler for Mother's Day, but they did. The table was probably a little small for that many people, but the food was delicious and the service was great. They really made sure had what we needed. (The entrees took too long to arrive, but that was partly our fault for waiting to long to order them.)Special Features:
- Poor FoodammnycDined on 5/11/2014The quality of the food at Supper was deplorable. I have lived in NYC for three years and I can honestly say it was the worst meal I've had since moving here. I was really excited to bring my parents to Supper for Mother's Day brunch, but quite frankly, it was a big let down. I ordered a kale and goat cheese omelet and the eggs were BROWN because they were so over-cooked. I could have prepared the kale better myself and a cold piece of goat cheese was just stuck in the middle of the burnt omelet. The restaurant was way too loud/crowded, the staff was inattentive and the food was underwhelming. I would not recommend this to anyone.
- Stressfull.CuriousDined on 4/21/2014The food and the ambiance was great. However, the waitress gave us the bill even before we had finished our dessert, And without us asking for it. We felt stressed throughout the whole meal, not a very nice feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!RossanaDined on 3/29/2014Went here for brunch with some friends and it was such a nice experience. The food was delicious (and massive!) and the drinks were great. Usually when you go to brunch and get a mimosa you can taste how cheap or watered down the champagne is but that was not the case here. The service was great, the staff was attentive without being overwhelming and didn't rush us out which was great when catching up with friends you don't see too often-- will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Solid E village italianam2bananaDined on 3/16/2014Dining at Supper was an excellent experience. Highly recommend the pastas with ragu. The portions are generous, the quality and freshness of the ingredients were great, and the rustic brick walled dining space was comfortable. The all Italian wine list could have better selections at the lower end, but overall the restaurant is one of the best Italians in the neighborhood. Just be aware of their cash only policy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep coming backTommyDDined on 3/9/2014I've been to Supper plenty of times over the course of a few years, and it remains to be very consistent on quality of food, service, and delivering that same romantic and classical ambiance. They have their signature pasta dishes (my favorite being the lemon spaghetti) and plenty of daily specials that will keep you intrigued as to what else they have.Special Features:
- Perfect Neighborhood ItaliancaseyVIPDined on 3/2/2014I love this place. The "priest stranglers" are amazing. I mean this is seriously good italian food and the place has an amazing comfortable vibe. Its my go-to for sunday night italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceCS27Dined on 2/13/2014My girlfriend and I had a great meal on a Thursday evening. Everyday pasta is great but stick with the specials. And the tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.