156 E. Second St.
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.supperrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2124777600x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: Cash Only
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Special Events: Supper can be utilized for weddings, birthday celebrations, anniversary parties, and more.
We have two private dining rooms that can sit up to 24 guests. We offer two different prix fixe menus and bar packages.
Please contact the restaurant.
A word from Supper Restaurant
Supper is The Third restaurant from the Frank crew. Here Frank has taken his favorite classic dishes from all over the north of italy and coupled them with a space that reeks Old East Village charm. Wine wine and more Italian Wines than any other east village restaurant. Think lots of brick and stone low lighting and a handinstalled Florentine wood ceiling pictured in the last supper. Old Venetian glass hanging chandeliers and it's all just a setting for a whirling swirling kitchen center stage. Yeah...Veal Milanese (proper), Bolognese out the... You guessed it. OUT DA BUTT. Beef short ribs BAROLO, yup. Freshest salads and MOZZ, SPECK, FALL PARM SALAD, BURRATA, spag limone!!! Yeah... Spag cacio pepe, Bagna Caoda, Osso buco, BOLLITO MISTO, Risotto Amarone, Arista di maiale, Dad's SUNDAY MARINARA SAUCE, chunky and ripped with fresh ricotta cheese.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Supper Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (23)romantic (20)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (14)special occasion (11)hot spot (10)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Barely ediblelivetoeatVIPDined on 8/25/2014I was totally baffled by the quality of food, and the cash only policy. I had the roast chicken which as over mashed potatoes smothered in a heavy thick dark sauce and I barely ate it. My fellow diners had the chicken parm. Our local pizza place makes a better version of that classic dish. The caesar salad tasted like it came from a bottle. And to boot the bill was 150 dollars, cash???? I couldn't account for how they could have so many diners.Special Features:
- AwesomeDannyVIPDined on 8/24/2014A true neighborhood gem. Excellent food, modest prices.Special Features:
- Consistently AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014My partner and I love Supper. We have been 5 times now and every time we are satisfied. Service is amazing. Food will not let you down. Wine list is great even for the basic by the bottle selections. The open kitchen format is great so we recommend sitting by the kitchen in the bar seats. CASH ONLYSpecial Features:
- Always meets my expectations!anitamarieDined on 8/18/2014I've been to Supper about five times now and each time it is consistently delicious! I was between two dishes and the waiter recommended the "timely priest stranglers." I was afraid this was going to be a bit too boring for me given it was pasta in a marinara sauce. It was anything but! Highly recommend Supper for anyone that is looking for a creative Italian menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLaurenDined on 8/12/2014I went to Supper on Tuesday night for my mothers birthday. Food and service were great. I wish it wasn't cash only, but that was minor issue. They brought us a birthday desert on the house which was thoughtful and kind.Special Features:
- Great FoodlaklausnerVIPDined on 8/8/2014Supper is one of my neighborhood go to's. Wait staff is always friendly. Food is delicious. Fun and low key.Special Features:
- Best Birthday EverKR730Dined on 7/30/2014I found Supper on a list of "good for groups" restaurants and decided to try it since it was one of the few places that would take a reservation for 15 at 7pm on a weekday. They tell you they won't seat you till everyone is there/you'll lose your reservation in 15 minutes if everyone isn't there on time, but they sat us right away even when there were only 6 of us. We had the room downstairs just for our group which was amazing–you could plug your own music to the speakers, it was quiet so we could all chat with each other and the food was delicious. I tried the kale gnocchi special. Uh. Mazing. We stayed for a long time and they were all very kind to us and accommodating. Would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous for groupsChocoLBDined on 7/27/2014Absolutely fabulous location for a group meal. The private space made our event feel so special and the food was (of course) top notch. Absolutely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurrataOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014Amazing burrata and lemon spaghetti! Perfect date night spot.Special Features:
- eatr23Dined on 6/25/2014Food was pretty good, wine was decent. However, the server was very rude, refused to look me and my friend in the face and was more concerned with chit chatting with her friend at the bar than tending to the tables. Also, it was a bit annoying that they don't take cardsSpecial Features:
- Great find!Jax777Dined on 6/24/2014Super cool space with really terrific service! I will for sure go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the half-roasted chickenAmyloveeatingDined on 6/23/2014The half-roasted chicken with smashed potato is really tasty! Strongly recommending the roasted chicken!
- wonderful pastaKathiePDined on 6/21/2014we had three different pastas all were great and watching the chefs work was an experience!Special Features:
- Great Italian fare!EricGonzDined on 6/19/2014I ordered the daily special (breaded chicken cutlet). It was tasty, but not anything to wow over. On a previous trip to Supper I ordered a salmon fillet over arugula, which I'd recommend and probably get again. Wine list here is VERY extensive and the staff are friendly. Try to get a table in the back room for a little more intimacy if you're on a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta!!Liz084Dined on 6/19/2014This restaurant had been on my list for a while and it did not disappoint. We ordered the bruschetta which was delicious but the highlight of the meal was the pasta. SO FRESH!! Will definitely be coming back!
- East Village GemEastVillageGalDined on 6/14/2014All of the "Frank" restaurants consistently deliver with wonderfully prepared fresh meals and a relaxed vibe. I'm a fan for both brunch and dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJackieWVIPDined on 5/17/2014Great service and ambience. Came for brunch at 2pm on a Saturday, pretty empty. Great drink deal - 3 for 1! Food was terrific - loved the red sauce and eggplant. Also had the polenta with poached egg - perfectly cooked. Loved the bread and beans served beforehand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again on a Sunday nightMNT1VIPDined on 5/11/2014I just took my mom on Mother's Day to supper. I have been there many times and enjoy the simple but tasty food including the daily specials, octopus and meatball apps. This time, we had a reservation at 8:30 and were seated promptly. They were out of the daily special, osso buco already. Also out was the skirt steak, a few other things, no octopus and no meatballs on the menu anymore. Basically, only veal Milanese remained as a meat course and it was dry. The attitude was another layer of disappointment. Apparently this "happens all the time, oh well". In that case why don't they make sure they have more food? The whole table was disappointed. Our pastas were ok, nothing to write home about.
- Mother's Day DinnerAndyDined on 5/11/2014It was hard to find a place that would take a late reservation for 13 plus a toddler for Mother's Day, but they did. The table was probably a little small for that many people, but the food was delicious and the service was great. They really made sure had what we needed. (The entrees took too long to arrive, but that was partly our fault for waiting to long to order them.)Special Features:
- Poor FoodammnycDined on 5/11/2014The quality of the food at Supper was deplorable. I have lived in NYC for three years and I can honestly say it was the worst meal I've had since moving here. I was really excited to bring my parents to Supper for Mother's Day brunch, but quite frankly, it was a big let down. I ordered a kale and goat cheese omelet and the eggs were BROWN because they were so over-cooked. I could have prepared the kale better myself and a cold piece of goat cheese was just stuck in the middle of the burnt omelet. The restaurant was way too loud/crowded, the staff was inattentive and the food was underwhelming. I would not recommend this to anyone.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Supper Restaurant reviews archive.
- Stressfull.CuriousDined on 4/21/2014The food and the ambiance was great. However, the waitress gave us the bill even before we had finished our dessert, And without us asking for it. We felt stressed throughout the whole meal, not a very nice feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!RossanaDined on 3/29/2014Went here for brunch with some friends and it was such a nice experience. The food was delicious (and massive!) and the drinks were great. Usually when you go to brunch and get a mimosa you can taste how cheap or watered down the champagne is but that was not the case here. The service was great, the staff was attentive without being overwhelming and didn't rush us out which was great when catching up with friends you don't see too often-- will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Solid E village italianam2bananaDined on 3/16/2014Dining at Supper was an excellent experience. Highly recommend the pastas with ragu. The portions are generous, the quality and freshness of the ingredients were great, and the rustic brick walled dining space was comfortable. The all Italian wine list could have better selections at the lower end, but overall the restaurant is one of the best Italians in the neighborhood. Just be aware of their cash only policy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep coming backTommyDDined on 3/9/2014I've been to Supper plenty of times over the course of a few years, and it remains to be very consistent on quality of food, service, and delivering that same romantic and classical ambiance. They have their signature pasta dishes (my favorite being the lemon spaghetti) and plenty of daily specials that will keep you intrigued as to what else they have.Special Features:
- Perfect Neighborhood ItaliancaseyVIPDined on 3/2/2014I love this place. The "priest stranglers" are amazing. I mean this is seriously good italian food and the place has an amazing comfortable vibe. Its my go-to for sunday night italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceCS27Dined on 2/13/2014My girlfriend and I had a great meal on a Thursday evening. Everyday pasta is great but stick with the specials. And the tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okWheelsDined on 2/9/2014We went to Supper on a snowy Sunday night. When we called we were told no reservations for parties of 3 but I looked on Open Table and was able to book a reservation. I don't think they really honored that booked reservation however . We were sent to the bar which is in the next building, outside next building...to get a drink. When we returned we were seated at a communal table that was so tight I couldn't move. It was claustrophobic. Conversation was tough because of the angles. Our waiter was very slow in coming. Food was ok, bread and bean concoction was the highlight . Two of us had the pasta limone and one, the salmon. Maybe I would go back, maybe I wouldn't , nothing terrific.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/2014Love everything about this restaurant. The host is very friendly, the waiters are helpful, the food is outstanding, just a cozy and delicious atmosphere. Love eating here every time! Meal highlights are the kale panzanella salad, burrata, kale gnocchi special and of course the lemon pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic mealdougp66Dined on 2/2/2014Supper was a fantastic choice for our group of 10 experienced eaters celebrating a birthday. Low-key, cozy, no pretense, fantastic food. Pasta was terrific. Burrata, pate crostini, veal Milanese very very tasty indeed. Great, reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceMelissaDined on 1/19/2014We had a wonderful brunch at Supper. The restaurant accommodated our party of 7 by giving us a larger table than originally given to us. The food was fantastic from the appetizers to the entrees. Everyone in our group loved their food. The service was great and always there to get us anything we needed. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAV Spot in NYCNadiyaDined on 1/11/2014This place is awesome. The food is great, the service is great and the price is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home Cooking Worth Paying Extra ForKImboNotKimmyVIPDined on 1/9/2014This was a total last minute decision and we couldn't have been happier about it. The food was delicious; we had the caprese with the burrata to start, then I had the polenta and my boyfriend had the chicken cutlet (he said it's the best chicken cutlet he's ever had). After dinner we ordered cortados and those were also the best we've ever had and, as a cute little bonus, mine came with a double heart in the foam and his had a monkey - that is one talented barista! Supper is simple food done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MarkyMark182Dined on 1/9/2014I walk past this place everyday getting home from work. I can't believe what I've been missing out on! Great food and great service. Cocktails were unique and delicious and they have an extensive wine list. The waiter also gave great recommendations. All in all an excellent experience. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Quality hole in the wallHawk12foodieDined on 12/15/2013A quirky floor plan makes for an interesting setting. It tips you off the the unique experience you are about to have. They have some classics on the menu and a couple of more unique items. Prepared very well, you will be happy with your app, salad or entree course. I also think it is a ringing endorsement the a neighborhood place has a thriving order out delivery service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiscustedNotHappyDined on 12/12/2013The hostess was INCREDIBLY RUDE!! I was beyond turned off with the audacity that he told us to stand outside and wait for him to get to his list of reservations while he guided the two women in front of us (who didn't have a reservation) to the nearest restaurant in the neighborhood. Then we finally got seated 25 minutes after our reservation!! He is the worst art of this place and should be fired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Boozy BrunchDatenightDined on 12/7/2013Often when you go to a boozy-brunch spot you sacrifice good food, or maybe price, this is not the case with Supper! The polenta egg dish was fantastic (a tinyyy bit cold for my preference) but delicious nonetheless. And, the deal was absurd! Get 1 drink for $8 and get 3...so your meal total comes out to maybe $23 total. We had a group of $12 and it could not have been more perfect. I can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge fan of all of this restaurantLocalFoodieVIPDined on 12/5/2013Huge fan of all of this restaurant groups locations. Supper is delicious. Everything on the menu is good and fresh. The Burrata is incredible. The pastas are the way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe an off nightaprilluv4VIPDined on 11/21/2013I heard great things about Supper and when I finally got to try it out. Very hit and miss. We felt rushed throughout, which was annoying because we went on a Thursday. A weekday! The table next to us was literally screaming, which was not the fault of the restaurant but definitely not good for ambiance. The food was fine. I thought the priest stranglers that everyone recommended was just pasta and sauce. I don't think I will return but I would say this place was good overall. FYI, its cash onlyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioso!PoterVIPDined on 10/7/2013Excellent trattoria in the East Village – complimentary bread and veal meatballs were rich and flavorful in a wonderful sauce. Fig and prosciutto special was light and fresh – good counterbalance to meatball starter. Braised veal shoulder (Monday special) was tender and sumptuous; green beans were perfect al dente. Pappardelle pasta was great as well. Generous portions and reasonable prices – left stuffed. Paired everything with a bottle of Montelpuciano (if I recall), which was fine enough (served a little too warm for my liking, but again, well priced). Service was friendly and professional. Ambiance is casual yet welcoming. Great neighborhood spot – could go there once a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.