855 Pierremont Street, Ste 120
Shreveport, LA 71106Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.superiorssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (318) 219-7692
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Monday - Friday 11:00-2:30 pm (Starting December 3 2007) Dinner: Monday - Thursday:5:30pm-10:00pm,Friday-Saturday:5:30pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Raul Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Superior's Steak House offers private dining for 12 to 150 guests
- Private Party Contact: Tanya Clark 3182197692
- Entertainment: Piano Bar
A word from Superior's Steakhouse
Superior's features the best of prime aged beef in an old-style Chicago themed steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Superior's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Shreveport ›
Superior's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)romantic (33)notable wine list (23)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (18)vibrant bar scene (18)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (11)great for lunch (11)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Worth the driveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2014The restaurant was highly recommended to us a year ago. We are from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area which we are previe to several high end and sumptuous dining. In November 2013 we decided to drive to Louisana for our Anniversary to attend the Christmas festival in Natchitoches and was reminded again about Superiors Steakhouse. To our surprise, Superiors Steakhouse easily can compete with these quality restaurants and meet our high expectations. They have a nice bar area for you to enjoy while waiting for your table. The cocktail waiter/waitress is very knowledgeable regarding cocktails and wines to help you decide or make recommendations. We always make reservations but choose to go a bit early to relax and enjoy conversation with each other prior to being seated at our table. Once seated, our waiter/waitress recommended the grilled oysters for an appetizer. My wife is not an oyster lover. However, we were guaranteed she would really enjoy these. Relunctently she tried them only to ask for their recipe. Both our streaks were cooked and prepared to our request perfectly. The waiter/waitress attends your every wish yet does not hover. For a nice touch, but certainly not expected, a desert was brought to us as a congratulations for our Anniversary which only makes the experience and evening even nicer. Needless to say we decided to frequent Superiors Steakhouse again for our 2014 Anniversary only to find everything perfectly the same experience as last year. Worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Bigbob1Dined on 10/3/2014Every time I go to this excellent steakhouse I know why I always go when I'm in shreveport! If there is a better restaurant in town I have not been there yet? My bone in filet was perfect and the crab topping very nice add! Wine list is what I would call very very expensive for bottles of cab so our group just ordered by the glass! I think they need to take some of the $200-400 bottles off the wine list and add some $75-100 bottles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongelietDined on 10/1/2014Food presentation was excellent. Taste was great. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was fantastic however the server Rachel was particularly wonderful. She had several suggestions and worked closely with us to ensure our evening went well. We never felt rushed and enjoyed the live piano playing in the background. We will revisit this location again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasant but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Energetic ambience with a feel of the old world. If the music was 1920s, you'll feel you're back in time. Food is good, but it's expensive. Dessert is beautiful and world class. But again, it's $8 for a creme brulee.Special Features:
- Great DinnerClayDined on 9/20/2014First time dining at Superior, had heard good reviews, and I must say it lived up to them. Nice atmosphere, great food and excellent service. Had a few drinks in the bar after dinner and the live music and atmosphere in the bar is great.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & ServiceGuyKDined on 9/20/2014As always, this restaurant lived up to it's name....Superior! The food was excellent, the service was superior (so was the price)! Very enjoyable experience for a special occasion...very expensive however! My girlfriend and I only had an entre' and one side each, no wine or drinks, no appitisers, no dessert, and our bill was over $100.00.Special Features:
- CelebrationKronsroDined on 9/13/2014This is a great place to celebrate any occasion, we celebrated two anniversaries and a birthday. It worked out perfectly to the satisfaction of everyone.Special Features:
- Outstanding!JosephDined on 9/5/2014Food was absolutely outstanding! Steak, seafood and wine were wonderful and absolutely delicious. The souffle was good, a little over cooked but delicious none the less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!oldraiderDined on 8/30/2014Took my wife to Superior's Steakhouse for our 34th wedding anniversary dinner. Service was the best that I have seen in our area in years. Food was excellent. Waiter recommended a great bottle of wine. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mainly Special Occassions!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We come for special occasions mostly since the food prices hit our budget pretty hard. The experience is always very good and we expect to pay "big bucks" for it! We do find the wine list way too pricy and would like to have access to less expensive wines. Our waiter was excellent and the complimentary cheesecake for our 51st anniversary was really nice. All said, we will come for special times when we "splurge" for a nice evening dinner experience. The ambiance is very nice and the noise level makes for a relaxing time. Hope to see you in the future. Blessings, Jim & Nina Bates Marshall, TexasSpecial Features:
- Great Food and ServiceRundgren52Dined on 8/25/2014Enjoyed every bit of the experience. Had the Cowboy Rib Eye and it was cooked to perfection. Sides are separate. Pricey, but if you are into great food, service and ambiance check it outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food2johnsfanDined on 8/23/2014Excellent service and food. I have never a a bad experience at Superior Steakhouse with food or service. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Hats off to the chef!!RossonPhillipsGroupDined on 8/14/2014What a great experience. Patrick our waiter was marvelous. It was very classy and well worth the 2 hour drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual FlavorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014We ordered the special, crab cake and filet. Steak had some unusual flavoring (Tarragon?... that my wife noticed and she was unable to eat more than 30%). It was well cooked, but the additional flavor was a disappointment. It is always a chance to order the same thing...nothing to switch with your date if she is unhappy. All in all a good time, but for the price...i was disappointed and would prefer to go somewhere else. Crab cake and the waiter were excellent.
- The following 351 reviews are from the Superior's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- nice décor . food not so muchwef1959Dined on 7/14/2014The fact that they have valet is huge plus. The steaks were kinda tough with very little age and marbling. The waitor messed up the sides and took 10 minutes to correct them. Even the waitor agreed that the bread was horrible .My date had to ask 3 times for coke to go with her meal. He was nice but we basically had to hunt for him anytime we needed refills on tea or coke. The biggest value is in the atmosphere and pretentious fine dinning effort. I get it But for the amount of money we spent (160.00 for 2 lunch ) it was extremely disappointing. I will warn my Facebook, instagram. And all family and friends to stear clear. The food at Chili's or that type place is clearly "Superior"Special Features:
- Superior SteakhousepbsourDined on 7/14/2014Wonderful lunch! New menu with many delicious and affordable salads and entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERIOR SUPERIORSFSamVIPDined on 7/4/2014To all the readers of my review...this place is worth visiting when you are in Shreveport! I took my boyfriend there for our one year anniversary and he was quiet impressed by the ambiance! Of course, we ordered the dozen char-grilled oyster ;) which were huge and amazing! We then ordered the 14 oz dry aged ribeye with a dollop of crab on top of it! AWESOME! We ended the night with the molten chocolate soufflé! It was money well spent along with a romantic night with the man I love!Special Features:
- New WaiterNEonDined on 6/28/2014We had a new waiter, that apparently had friends in the restaurant. Service was moderately paced but the waiter went to "hang out" with his friends so often i feel it negatively impacted our experience. My veal was good but not outstanding, my wife said her steak was cooked and tasted perfect. When we were ready to pay we handed the waiter our check, and watched him take it to his friends table and socialize for no less than 10 minutes. Finally, I saw a manager I recognized walking by and explained that our waiter had been socializing and we were ready to go. He apologized and took the ticket from the waiter to ring out. He quickly returned and we paid, the waiter was still socializing when we left. for a $200 dinner i wasn't very impressedSpecial Features:
- Great as alwaysSteakLoverDined on 6/24/2014We went for our 10-year anniversary. We were given a very nice, private table. The waiter was phenomenal. He knew his menu and was extremely attentive. The food was absolutely outstanding! To top it all off, they brought us out a piece of cheesecake for dessert (on the house) to celebrate our anniversary. Top-notch establishment!Special Features:
- highlifeDined on 6/21/2014My husband & I went to dine there for our wedding anniversary. Was seated at a very nice room with a fireplace and much ambience. The steak was cooked to perfection and the so was the service; felt like they catered to every need. Was surprised with a dessert for the occassion. We can't wait to go back and try the crab cakes!Special Features:
- Great MealcharDined on 6/13/2014The meal was great as always. Steaks were prime cuts and cooked exactly as ordered. The before dinner drinks were mixed well and very generously portioned. We found a great bottle of wine with the help of the staff. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Stepped Down a BitGolfieDined on 6/6/2014Superior has stepped down a bit in past year. Always visit on my way through to Masters and US Open. Food is not quite as good ( wedge salad not cool and crisp, steaks not char on outside, sides a bit cold and mushy ) and service of waiter very disinterested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising FindSteakLoverDined on 5/19/2014Great restaurant but a bit out of the way to find and not close enough to downtown is my only complaint. Execellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like it used to be....SadPamelaDined on 5/16/2014Yourrvice is AWFUL compared tojust a few months ago. Was extremely diaappointed. I guess it all ties into the service I used to get. For the price, it would be nice to get the services, as that is why we go. The staff left the doors open to the outside bar area which was loud & roudy. Several of those patrons wandered into our dining area, disruptng the ambiance of the cigar room. The noise and commotion completely disturupted teh general overall atmosphere. So many patrons were seen wearing flip flops, shorts, attire thta was not toelrated in days gone by. WHy cant shreveport keep a restaurant or two that establishes and continues the tradition of fine dining, an atmosphere of elegance and dress codes !Special Features:
- Great place to impressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014This restaurant is our top pick to entertain very important clients. It has never failed to impress our VIP's and we will continue to book our intimate business dinners, as well as our large lunch seminars at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantCindymVIPDined on 5/6/2014We were traveling from out of town and Superior Steakhouse was recommended to us by a local resident. We had a great meal. The steak was cooked exactly to our order, side and salads were very good, but the service was amazing. I would highly recommend this restaurant.
- Lunch reviewBourbonVIPDined on 5/1/2014We had lunch with Superior's this past Thursday. The soft shelled crab was on the menu so I was all set. The salads are good and the soup du jour is always worth trying. So my wife was pleased. The meal and service were on time. Superior's is a consistently good place to have an enjoyable meal with a friend or a colleague.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMusaj1980Dined on 4/25/2014The experience was great from the minute we walked in till the minute we walked out. Outstanding staff and amazing food. First time experience and would definatly do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchMsJag2009Dined on 4/24/2014Brought my assistant to celebrate her birthday and the food and service was outstanding. The potato herb soup was absolutely wonderful and I believe I could have just had several bowls of that. It was fresh, herby and light with just the right amount of seasoning. Really loved that. Service was great and we were not rushed. Food is consistently delicious and we love coming there!Special Features:
- Thursday night specialBourbonVIPDined on 4/17/2014We have dined at Superiors many times. It is our favorite place to eat in Shreveport at this time. We have never been on a Thursday night so we tried it this week. We had an excellent dinner in the cigar room. The service was fine. And we had the room essentially to ourselves. We'll be back to try more Thursdays for sure. It's fun to have a night out with Superiors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversay dateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014we love this restaurant for special occasions. This was our anniversary and we did not make a big deal about it while there. However, our waitress overheard us and when we got ready to leave, brought us a slice of cheese cake to take home with us. We thought that was nice. The food is wonderful, the staff was fantastic and the atmosphere was great. A good place to go for a special evening.Special Features:
- If u are looking for greatFineDInersVIPDined on 4/8/2014If u are looking for great food and outstanding service this is the place. The restaurant is in a shopping center but the ambience is great. Love! Love the chargrilled oysters!! The Mayfair salad and u can't go wrong with the 14oz dry aged ribeye!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeJoelDined on 4/1/2014Business dinner and everything was great. Food, ambiance, drinks, service. Will be back and will recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no oysters!!metooVIPDined on 3/22/2014:( 2nd time i've been here and no oysters (no grappa too). love waiter lou!!
- Best service ever!yourmedic04Dined on 3/14/2014Everytime my wife and I visit this place it is for a special occasions such as a birthday or what have you. Everytime we come here we are treated like royalty. Yes, the prices are very high, but you get what you pay for here and then some! I have had steaks from all over the world on my various travels, and this has got to be one of the best steaks I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. The ambience is great, as it feels like you were in a place Al Capone might have frequented. highly reccommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the lunch specialsluv2eatDined on 3/7/2014Nice ambience, love being near fireplace. Easy listening music. great lunch specials and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every pennyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014This is a fantastic restaurant with great set I e and great food. Everything is absolutely amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantMTatTheMillDined on 2/26/2014The steaks were outstanding, cooked perfectly. The side dishes were good. The asparagus and whipped potatoes were on the bland side. We like it roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper! I had a side of potatoes au gratin. It was a large portion and tasted ok but too exciting. We had the bread pudding for dessert. It was a huge portion and very good. Overall, the center of the plate and star of the dinner was the entree on its own. I would suggest ramping up the sides to wow the diners like the entrees do. The young lady that waited on us, Ericka I believe was her name, was spot on. She was knowledgeable about the menu and she along with the others that helped at the table, were very efficient and non intrusive. They did a great job!!Special Features:
- Exceptional Service!!!!Bon1appetitDined on 2/21/2014Doubled dated with friends no special occasion, service was awesome!! Our waitress was on top of everything, the drinks were just right, the food was great! My friend did have to send her oysters (appetizer) back because they were a lil gooey, but to her preference! Great place for special occasion, love the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.