126 Front Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
DUMBO / Vinegar Hill
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (718) 243-9005
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Mediterranean, Eurasian
- Executive Chef: Laura Taylor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Superfine
Superfine is a bar/restaurant venue in the DUMBO section of Brooklyn.Continued
We feature art and live music. Free pool table. Organic and local fare.
We feature art and live music. Free pool table. Organic and local fare.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Superfine reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great!!BfromOhioDined on 11/9/2014We had a group of five (5)....good food! Waiter could have come around more often with coffee for refills. Other than that Great! Will go back again.Special Features:
- Reliable DumbosatiableDined on 10/17/2014A solid, changing menu of comfort foods with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients. This is solid, filling, reliable cooking with a bit more flair and flavor than you would expect, and at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinnertravellergreenDined on 9/16/2014We were 4 at dinner for business reasons. Our table was in a corner and pretty quiet so we could talk without raising our voices even though the restaurant was full and there were lots of conversations going. Waitstaff were attentive. Food was tasty. We appreciated the efforts to source locally and sustainably.Special Features:
- Superfine Lives up to its name!SOBSDined on 9/4/2014If you're looking for true NYC ambiance, how's listening to the D train running over your head on the Manhattan Bridge? Is that New York enough for you? It's a very laid back environment and the food is great, if a bit pricey. Everything is super fresh and homemade. Even the drinks! But $17 for a Cosmo?? A bit much. Otherwise, a great find is Superfine!Special Features:
- The following 24 reviews are from the Superfine reviews archive.
- JMcQuillenDined on 7/6/2014I've only been to the bluegrass brunch on the weekends, but I've been to it 5 times in the 1.5 years I've been in NY. The food is fantastic, especially the green chili sauce, which should be liberally slathered on everything. The huevos rancheros or breakfast burrito are my standby meals and have yet to disappoint. I've yet to have bad or even mediocre service here, which is why I keep returning and bringing new people with me every time. I live in northern Manhattan, so it is a bit of schlepp to get to DUMBO, but Superfine makes it totally worth it. It can get a bit over-run with little kids and strollers, so if that bothers you, either go early for brunch or try dinner (which I plan to do in the very near future!).Special Features:
- Lovely Sunday brunchSarahInThisCityDined on 3/23/2014Food was great, service was faultless but the ambience lacked slightly (just slightly). Good for families and for friends. We did leave just before the band started (about 12:30pm) due to needing to keep to a schedule, but would have like to have stayed. Would definitely go again when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Place to hang outMaursVIPDined on 3/20/2014Great find thanks to Open Table, was going to a show and found Super fine by chance., Great service, different menu not the same old same old. Food was outstanding. Will go back when we are in Dumbo againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!JMcQuillenDined on 3/16/2014I had heard great things about Superfine, but even with that, I was surprised at how good the food was. I don't always trust Latino or Southwest-influenced cuisine in NY. The green chili sauce is fantastic, and the margaritas are nicely tart. The bluegrass at Sunday brunch is cool, but a bit loud if you are actually trying to talk to the people you are there with. The restaurant is very kid friendly, so if you don't like a bunch of strollers brunch may not be your best time there. I'm ready to go back for dinner soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun placeJulsVIPDined on 3/8/2014the menue is small but everything we got was delicious. grilled calamari us was amazing. we were visiting and were looking for a kid-friedly place. we got to the restaurant at 7:30 (pretty late for kids). and eventhough it seemed like it the bar scene was hopping and may not have been the best place for the kids, the hostess and the servers were awesome and made it all coem togehter. the food for kids came out fast and everyone was happy.Special Features:
- Great Way to spend a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2014This is a real gem. We love to have Sunday brunch here, they always have live music on Sundays a great brunch menu and the service and servers are great. The food is good and the drinks are great!Special Features:
- superfine is just fine, not superVirnaVIPDined on 1/17/2014on friday, we were in dumbo for a movie & i found superfine through opentable. we got there & it looked nice, lots of people - the bar was humming. we sat down, & immediately noticed we were the only people of color (not including the kitchen crew). not a big deal, but interesting to note. we had two different servers who took our orders, served us wine & gave us our check, but were NOT friendly at all. Not once did we get a smile. it wasn't that they were rude, they just didn't really care about us. the food was very good, they get their ingredients fresh everyday & then prepare pretty yummy food. i doubt i will go again - there are plenty of restaurants in the city where the food is organic & fresh AND the staff are welcoming.Special Features:
- Energetic dinningSpicyDined on 1/9/2014This place is pretty funky and young. The food is good and the cocktails are delicious. The only downside is that it is very loud, not music but people shouting at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPER SUPERFINE!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013Still the right place to have a brunch when we come in NYC for vacation. The funny thing is we came twice and it was rainy each time.For that days it is perfect hot spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superfine okHankDined on 12/18/2013If you're headed for St Ann's Theatre & need a place to grab a bite, this is fine. Or if you're in your 20s & want to mix & mingle & meet. The food is bar food & perfectly adequate. At 6pm, the noise level was already headed up but note there's a pool table up front which contributes greatly to the sound. Perfectly fine for what it is.
- Superfly Superfine SuperfoodsupadineVIPDined on 11/21/2013Love this place. Menu always switches up, yet there is always something delectable to savor. Full bar, great ambiance, and a place that feels very, very NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/16/2013Food was superb. The only minus is that appetizers are not really marked as appetizers in their menu list. And size-wise they do not really fill you as you might expect from a small entree. Anyway, the waiter told us so and asked us to reconsider. Some of us did and others didn't. So nobody is to blame. I loved their Super Dark 'n' Stormy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Showing off BrooklynfoodfanDined on 11/12/2013I took my cousins here for dinner. They were visiting New York City and I wanted to give them a taste of DUMBO. The food was delicious. I had the braised short ribs. I also appreciated the post industrial/post modern decor and the reasonable noise level. It was nice to have a conversation without needing to yell. We were there on a Tuesday night, so I can't speak for the weekends. I plan to return and will recommend Superfine to friends.Special Features:
- Cool vibe, good foodAnjJDined on 11/1/2013Our party of 4 enjoyed our food and our server was friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2013Over cooked medium rare and lacking in flavor. Fries were great as was the accompanying salad. Place has a pool table with loud cracks when the rack is broken
- Enjoyable family dinnerNYC75VIPDined on 10/25/2013Our group of 4, including a teenager, had dinner on a busy Friday evening. The food meny is short but everything was very tasty. We enjoyed the meatballs which melted in the mouth and shared the delicious grilled calamari. we were not lucky with the wine selection. The organic Italian wine, though pricey, was acid. I went to the bar on another occasion, so I would recommend to stay with the cocktails. The staff is friendly and gave us fliers that explain the art exhibition. they also display the full Halloween stuff, so this makes a good place for events or celebration.Special Features:
- Good eggplant parmesan served9fordiningDined on 10/24/2013Good eggplant parmesan served with fresh arugula and beets - interesting combination. Easy walk to St. Ann's warehouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brooklyn's AnswerOnsitestephDined on 10/13/2013We all love NYC. But just across the river lies Brooklyn, and it has its share of gems. Superfine is one of them. Energetic, fun, relaxed, with exquisite southern cooking and warm service, we couldn't have been happier to spend our Canadian Thanksgiving at this lively spot under the Manhattan Bridge. It was a perfect choice for our last hurrah in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner menu was not availableEater1Dined on 10/12/2013We arrived at the restaurant around 5:20 and bar food was the only items offered. Hostess was too busy putting paper menus in sleeves to seat us so a waiter showed us to a table. After waiting 10 minutes for a server, we waited another 20 minutes for food. We constantly had to ask...where's are order, can we have water, can we have condiments, can we have the check... There were at least 4 women servers yapping about there day and one working male server who even tho did not take out order, was nice enough to bring things to us when we waved him down.
- Perfect Pre-Theatre DinnerCocktailLoverDined on 10/10/2013We met at Superfine before a theatre outing at St. Ann's Warehouse just a few blocks away. The show would have no intermission, so personally I wanted to eat light. Our party of four were all happy with our meals, our drinks, and our desserts. Service was excellent, wait staff knew what they were serving in food and drink, and were attentive without being overbearing. My meal was light but filling and quite tasty, so I was happy, and my friends all cleaned their plates. The Halloween decorations were cool too.Special Features:
- Unpretentious and a solid bargainShakesberryDined on 10/8/2013Despite several iffy reviews, my 2 friends and I booked a table for 6:30. Service was prompt and very friendly, and our server asked right away whether we needed to get to the theater. The food portions were not oversized (which is nice for a change), and brilliantly prepared. Grilled shrimp: huge, more than sufficient, and best I have had anywhere--perfectly prepared, not overcooked. Friends were happy were the blackfish and chips and broiled salmon, respectively. No room for dessert, but were were tempted. We'd go back in a heartbeat. Surprisingly inexpensive for NY. Decent wine and cocktail list but not pretentious. I mean, how many varieties of wine DOES anyone need to choose from? Superfine is super. And fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUD brunchCvm6Dined on 9/22/2013Went for brunch, way too loud, country band in background was distracting, food was just ok. But seems like a great bar scene!
- The best of a sad lot in poor DumbojameslucasDined on 9/1/2013Superfine is the best and most reliable establishment in the culinary wasteland that is Dumbo. Dining here is not worth traveling more than fifteen minutes, but if you're in the neighborhood Superfine is about as fine a choice as you will find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superfine is SUPER FINE!LHopeDined on 7/19/2013The magic comes from the owners and staff. Their passion for sharing a bit of Superfine’s sparkle with each person that walks through the door can’t be matched. Great people, service, food, art, music, and lighting....the list goes on and on. We loved it so much we went back on Sunday!Special Features: