Sunsets - Woodbury
700 Commons Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sunsets - Woodbury
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sunsetsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6517351997
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Palma
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sunsets can accommodate parties up to 32 people in our dining room. While they do not offer a private room, Sunsets does have 'semi private' areas in the dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Any Manager 651-735-1997
- Cross Street: Radio Drive & Tamarack Road
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Sunsets of Woodbury is located on the corner of Radio Drive and Tamarack Road. Access is on the East side of the building on Commons Drive. Please CLICK HERE for details and directions.
A word from Sunsets - Woodbury
Sunsets of Woodbury is an upscale/casual restaurant serving contemporary American cuisine. The comfortable decor features cherry wood, copper and glass, while the bar boasts 8 HD televisions to watch all your favorite games. Whether your looking for great food or a friendly, knowledgeable staff, you won't be disappointed with Sunsets of Woodbury!Continued
CLICK HERE to view our most recent brunch, lunch and dinner menus as well as happy hour specials.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sunsets - Woodbury reviews from OpenTable diners
- Close Already!ROSEJOYDined on 3/29/2014We made our reservation Open Table. that worked great! What we did not know was that this restaurant was going out of business. We drove up from the south metro to meet friend from Hudson. Both of us had about a 40 minute drive. The waitress was fabulous! She really cared about providing service to us.They were out of 90% of the entrees and the food prep was awful. the owners sold the place and it was obvious they just wanted to clean out the pantry...at my expense. They should have kept the place stocked with quality food if they wanted to keep charging people! SHAME ON SUNSET OWNERS, What a cheap dirty trick!Special Features:
- Very sad...RachelDined on 3/29/2014Sunsets is/was one of our favorites, very sad that both locations have closed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT--BUT NOW GONE!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2014Sunset's has always been a wonderful restaurant in Woodbury for food and ambiance. My friends were all excited that we were dining there this past Saturday, but we were extremely shocked and disappointed. We were told that Saturday was their last day as Sunset's. The restaurant has closed and been bought by somebody new--name unknown. Suffice to say, we were glad that we were able to dine on Sunset's last day of business. The food was fabulous as always. We like many others will miss this neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great - so sad to seemasonDined on 3/27/2014It was great - so sad to see it closed. Great staff, great food, great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite good, but not over the topLouiseDined on 3/26/2014My sister and I met friends at Sunsets. We had reservations and were seated immediately. The waitress was gracious but not attentive. The food was good, and we'd all return. It was a bit loud for conversation when we began, but by the time we left, it was quieter and a lovely place to linger and talk. We'll go again, I'm sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closing SoonCindyBDined on 3/25/2014You can tell that Sunsets will be closing soon. The menu has been reduced along with no dessert offerings. Food was still OK but not great. My baked potatoe seemed microwaved instead of baked as the skin was very soft.
- Sorry to see it goJflarsonVIPDined on 3/25/2014This has been one of our "go to" place. They are being sold! Thanks for all the good memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchFatboyDined on 3/3/2014Great spot for meeting friends for lunch. Food was good - except for potato salad. Too much "sauce" on it. Reubens were great as was the wild rice soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch spotMexicanFoodLoverVIPDined on 3/2/2014This place has a pretty good brunch buffet. Nothing amazing, but the food is tasty and they're very good about keeping it stocked and fresh. Service has always been quick and friendly every time I've been.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceBabblesDined on 3/2/2014Sitting was for 6 people at our table. When making reservations, I got exactly as requested. Plenty of good food, and variety! Great for Sunday Brunch. Our server was prompt and available. She made sure that all our needs were met. I would recommend this place for your next dinning experience.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014I was new to this neighborhood in April 2013. I wandered into Sunsets for a beer. I was most impressed with Chuck your bartender. I asked him if the food was any good. He told me it was the best and I found out he was right. I have been coming ever since, bringing other family members and friends at least three or four times a week.Special Features:
- great lunchdryakDined on 2/28/2014perfect place for a fantastic lunch. All had the walleye and it was the best I've had in a long time. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Back to BetterChanelDined on 2/24/2014The last few times I was as Sunsets with friends, once with a group - the hostess was not friendly and did not help us with what we asked for (table for 7, quite table for 2.) The We felt unwelcome. The waiter was friendly, but forgot service we requested and attention to detail. Today's hostess knew her job, welcomed us, placed us in a "nice booth" that was quiet for conversation, and the waitress was efficient and friendly. The food, always, is good; but so much better to enjoy when service is also good.Special Features:
- Not as good as I rememberedcasualdinerDined on 2/23/2014It's been a while since I've been to Sunsets for their Sunday Brunch. It was good, but not as good as I remembered. I was very surprised at how often they were out of items on the buffet, such as waffles and smoked salmon. The server was attentive and nearby regularly if we needed more water or coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent night at sunsetWisconsiniteDined on 2/22/2014Excellent night at sunset again prime rib was very good service very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodplggVIPDined on 2/22/2014Have always had a positive experience when we go to Sunsets. We will be back!Special Features:
- great placebrewhayDined on 2/14/2014me my dad came here for Valentine's Day in from the beginning of walking in the door to sitting down to leaving was work last performance the only negative thing I can say is couples and bring the little kids to this restaurant I'm not here to watch your kids nor hear your kids your kids away is for adults dining out iNg...that thing that this is the restaurants problem this is more parenting issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ordered the Ribeye withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014I ordered the Ribeye with the black & blue topping. My steak when I received it was cold. it was only 1/2" thick and tough. I complained to the server and he took it back to reheat it. He returned it and it was barely warm.
- Very disappointedJeffDined on 2/14/2014I selected this restaurant for a fine dining experience for Valentines Day. It has also been one of my wife's favorite "special occasion" restaurants in the area. We received our food after a considerable wait. I ordered Pan Fried Walleye and she ordered Coconut Shrimp. Both were breaded. Both were over cooked and tough. Also, Given the price of our meals, I felt both side options were small. I should mention that we had other scheduled events that evening and did not have time to send our meals back or choose other options. Also, this is the first negative experience we've had here.
- VDKarlTDined on 2/14/2014Took my Fiance here for our last Valentine's Day before we get married in a month. It wasn't very busy when we first got there and we got excellent service. My only complaint is that had ordered a medium-rare steak and had to wait over 45 minutes to get it. My Fiance ordered stuff chicken, so it wasn't like we ordered something that took long to make. I understand it being busy, but some of the tables that arrived after us had received their food before we didSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day 2014KAdamsDined on 2/14/2014We've eaten at Sunset's many times in the past. I am very fond of their brunch - reasonably priced, good variety of food, and good atmosphere - solid value for your money. Last year my family took me out for Father's Day and we had a wonder time; and the food and service were great. However, my wife and I were disappointed at our Valentine's Day experience. We felt like we were being rushed throughout our meal. It was as if they overbooked (reservations required) and wanted to rotate tables every hour (when we left, people were lined up at the door and some of them didn't look any too happy). We started off the meal with a bottle of wine and wanted to enjoy a nice, relaxed meal. The food was average and the service was mediocre.Special Features:
- The location is convenientTravelerVIPDined on 2/10/2014The location is convenient for us, but the food was average at best. We will probably return due to the location, but don't expect unique or high quality food hereI would recommend this to a friend.
- Family BirthdayGrandmaDined on 2/9/2014Had a nice time celebrating a family birthday! Server was knowledgeable and attentive. Good choice on our part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset's in Woodbury has alwaysWarbirdDined on 2/3/2014Sunset's in Woodbury has always had excellent service and food. The wait staff is well trained and support each other. The location and atmosphere is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodJohnDined on 1/27/2014Sunsets is a very nice and informal establishment wherein to have a good meal in very comfortable surroundings. The service is always good and the overall activity is energetic and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We often go to sunsets forMomDaughterWifeDined on 1/25/2014We often go to sunsets for family outings and for after work apps and drinks. The service is always great and the food good. The staff has always been friendly to my kids. Even giving my little chef a sneak peek of the kitchen with his own chef hat to bring home! Diverse menu accommodates the meat eaters, salad lovers, and picky kids. Definite spot to go for any reason!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overallOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2014Good food and pleasant surroundings. Folks attending food bar area very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dining experience,jblbDined on 1/18/2014Very nice dining experience, great food, will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationDanaVIPDined on 1/10/2014We go to Sunsets to celebrate a major life event such as a birthday, promotion,etc. Each time, our large group is taken care of and we can focus on our celebration . The food is always fantastic and the beer selection is fabulous. Go celebrate something there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/1/2014Great Holiday brunch! Crowded due to the special price, but worthy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for brunchdeemDined on 1/1/2014I have heard wonderful things about their brunches. So I was excited to finally get to try it out on New Years day. The food was excellent (minus a rock hard muffin), but the overall experience was uncomfortable. The food layout was set up so there always ended up to be very long lines which at times were next to our table while eating. When we went to get our main entrees the waitress proceeded to clear our table off for new diners.Next time we will probably go to OCBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. I wishlstepDined on 12/31/2013The food was great. I wish we would have known it was a limited menu for New Years Eve. We had children with us and when I looked at the regular menu there were more kid friendly entres available. They did not accomodate children real well on this holiday.Special Features:
- Excellent foodReneeDined on 12/31/2013My entire dinner was great. The food was cooked to perfection and everything was fresh. Really enjoyed my New Years Eve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good service a littleBaileyDined on 12/30/2013Food was good service a little unattentive. Quiet, nice tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sour Puss ServerjackDined on 12/29/2013Came here for a birthday celebration. Server didn't even acknowledge my senior citizen aged mom's birthday. When I asked if the restaurant does anything special for a birthday, server said they give sundaes. She then gave my mom a half scoop of ice cream with a teaspoon of whipped cream, dropped off the check without saying "happy birthday", "thanks for stopping in", or even "have a good day". I still gave her a 15% tip but only because she was pregnant. Never experienced such poor service before when visiting this restaurant. The food was very good though, so kudos to the cooks/chefs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointingSundayBrunchFanDined on 12/29/2013We arrived with reservations at 10:00 am on Sunday, 12/29. Fried chicken was overdone - too dark and dry. Mini waffles w. berries are great. Seating accommodations were as requested.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantecolieredelagastronomieVIPDined on 12/24/2013My family and I have enjoyed this restaurant for years. It's very good casual food. We've always enjoyed the salads--Sherrie's chicken, the Southwestern and the Asian chicken salads, especially, and then there's the wild rice salad which is excellent and a meal and a half. This time we had burgers, crab cake sandwiches and an excellent special with the terrific wild rice soup (now with almonds) and a fine caesar salad. The restaurant had an extended happy hour; too bad we weren't up for bloody Marys! The front desk and the wait staff are exceptionally nice!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureMikeyCDined on 12/23/2013Went there for a 30th birthday, and had a nice time. Food was very good, as always. Their portion sizes always require a box. We had a booth for 4, in the middle, where you are right next to another booth, without much of a partition between you. That was a little loud, due to "animated characters" on the other side of the partition. We will surely be back, but may choose a booth by the window next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchdonutladyDined on 12/22/2013We went for brunch. For me, everything was "heavy". Too many sauces, not for people looking for healthy. Many calories
- Food was good as always butMikeDined on 12/22/2013Food was good as always but the service was bad. The waitress ignored us the whole time. Never asking if we wanted more coffee(which we did), how is everything, can I get you anything? My wife commented to her why the very low tip and she said "oh".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.