Sunsets - Wayzata
700 East Lake Street
Wayzata, MN 55391Neighborhood:
Wayzata / Long Lake
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sunsets - Wayzata
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sunsetsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9524735253
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 10:45am; Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Palma
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sunsets - Wayzata
Sunsets of Wayzata has been serving contemporary American cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for over 20 years! CLICK HERE to view our most recent brunch, lunch and dinner menus as well as happy hour specials. Come enjoy our upscale casual decor featuring copper and cherry wood. Not to mention the beautiful view from our patio* overlooking Wayzata Bay on Lake Minnetonka! Whether you're looking for a business breakfast or a night out with family and friends, our friendly and knowledgeable staff ensure that you won't be disappointed with Sunsets of Wayzata!Continued
*(Reservations are only available for indoor seating. No reservations for outdoor seating accepted. Patio is first come, first serve.)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sunsets - Wayzata reviews from OpenTable diners
- None of it really matters.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2014None of it really matters. The day we were there was the last day they were in business.
- Waited over an hour for ourStoneDined on 2/28/2014Waited over an hour for our reservations then finally left/ very bad
- We're sorry to hear it's closing.MNgal2Dined on 2/28/2014We're sorry to hear it's closing. We enjoy going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodbye to a great restaurantYum56Dined on 2/27/2014This was a farewell breakfast to a great restaurant as it is closing on March 2. I hope the new owners remember what worked really well at Sunset's. I look forward to trying the new place in the June. Thanks to all who made Sunset's so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunsets is closingAdhirhuVIPDined on 2/25/2014Was very surprised to receive an email that sunsets was going out of business. This was one of my favorite spots. I'd bought a "groupon" deal for this thru KS95 back in December. This email came four days notice to eat there or lose my deal. Half the staff quit and they ran out of food before 9 pm. A bit stressful dining experience. Sad for the restaurant employees.Special Features:
- Sorry to see it goOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/21/2014So sorry to see Sunsets end. I will miss it dearlyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was excellent andFestiveSallyVIPDined on 2/15/2014Our server was excellent and the menu choices were great. However, we had another disappointing meal. I ordered the pork chop with some type of glaze, but it was clear that there was a flare-up on the grill, as there was a rather large charred area and the meat was very dry. At that point, there was very little flavor from the glaze. Everything else in our group seemed to be just fine. I did not want to make an issue about sending it back, since we had other people with us. Had I been alone with my husband, I may have mentioned my disappointment in the food.Special Features:
- Post Valentine's DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014We went here to celebrate V-Day the Saturday after. We had a reservation for 5:45 and the place was already pretty busy! They sat the two of us at a cozy 2 person booth. I loved it :) It was tucked away and we didn't even notice all the other conversation around us. We liked looking out the window at what we imagine would be a pretty view although this time of year it's just white! I got a view of the fireplace which was cozy. The waitress was friendly and consistent. We ordered the bruschetta which was really good and came out quite timely. The salads were small; perfect protion for a side salad. I had the sea bass special which was yummy and my husband had steak which he liked. I got to eat his asparagus which was also yummy ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TablesRoctimeDined on 2/14/2014Good food nice restaurant. Server was great. Things I have noticed with open table. If you use them the give you bad tables. No windows booths. Made reservation 2 mo early got worse table in place. Got there early waited to time and got table that was open 1/2 hour that I watched. While window booths were open. Then got table by front door that I watched four couples get switched out of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!CookDined on 2/14/2014As always had a great Valentine's dinner at Sunsets! Steaks were perfectly prepared and the wine was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful View!MrbikeyVIPDined on 2/14/2014beautiful view, great food, and and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointed this time.JohnDined on 2/13/2014My steak was supposed to be medium but was delivered pretty much raw. That was taken care of quickly. However, the steak was mainly fat and as a result much of it remained when the table was cleared. Not typical of my visits to Sunsets which is why this particular visit was something of a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been loyal customersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/12/2014We have been loyal customers for over 20 years and we were extremely disappointed at this visit. We found a limited menu (all the old favorites were gone) and we asked about this and the waiter informed us they are going through a transition. We asked if they could make any of the items and we were told no. We expressed our displeasure and a manager came over to talk to us and let us know that they will be revamping the entire restaurant and menu in the coming months. We did get our food and it was okay and we don't think we will ever be back to there.Special Features:
- Comfortable setting - decent foodBettyDined on 2/8/2014Celebrated my birthday with dinner at Sunsets. Had not eaten there in years. Found the atmostphere pleasant, with the fireplace going and the view of the lake (even though it was dark out). Noise level was a little high, but not annoying. Crowd was mixed, families with young children, elderly groups, teenage groups and adult couples. Menu offered a nice selection of American food options. Food was prepared well, looked good on the plate and was in the right proportion. Service was average. Had to ask the waitress for our bread, to refill our water glasses and for dessert options. Seemed like she was in a hurry, asking us for our order as we sat down. Overall it was a pleasant outing.Special Features:
- Great Brunch for FamilyDaveVIPDined on 1/19/2014So many options that each of our three kids were able to find a bounty of things they loved. Everything was great.Special Features:
- Sunset's is a fabulous, upscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014Sunset's is a fabulous, upscale restaurant. 3 of the 4 of our party had steaks that were top shelf. The 4th entree was one of their daily specials, fish tacos. It was slightly below average. The person that ordered it was disappointed and left part of it, not wanting to take any of it home. The ambience and service were great.Special Features:
- Greatly ImprovedRandyDined on 1/18/2014I have not been a fan of Sunsets - food not particularly up to par and no a particularly interesting menu. However, I was very impressed the last two times we've eaten there since after Christmas. I asked the waitress if there was a new chef and she said yes. A remarkable improvement. Much better food presentation, reasonable serving portions (used to be way too large) and much tastier. The menu has been re-done and is acceptable. We eat out often and can now add Sunsets to our rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unable to eatDebHDined on 1/7/2014I was looking forward to eating at Sunsets for my birthday but due to a water break they had to turn us away. We had reservations for 5 people so it would have been a fun gathering.Special Features:
- New Year's Day Brunchfar2organizedDined on 1/1/2014Frigid temps didn't deter us from waiting in line outside the doors at Sunset January first. Warm and hospitable greeters awaited us inside and we were quickly seated in a comfortable booth with a lovely view of Lake Minnetonka. Our server offered coffee or juice or...we choose Bloody Marys and mimosas. A wide variety of breakfast and lunch options were available on the brunch buffet and we tried to taste everything - not possible! The food was very good and the service was wonderful. This was a lovely choice for a special day and a great value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parjeanmtDined on 12/29/2013Not up to their usual standards of terrific service. Our server totally ignored us. We'll go back but hope this was just an aberration.Special Features:
- Great food and environmentSunnyDined on 12/29/2013Great food and environment for a family get-together. We always enjoy their Sunday brunch. Wonderful food at reasonable costSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our brunch experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2013Our brunch experience was OK. We had been to Sunset's for a brunch 1-1/2 years ago. We remembered that it was better. Our reservation was for 1 p.m. so the brunch food had been out for several hours. Our service was also just OK. Although we needed little service because we helped ourselves to the food, we had to ask a second time for water and our dishes stacked up at the table before being cleared. Our pleasant waiter called many of the four senior ladies in our group something like "hun," "dear" or some other greeting of endearment. Not appropriate, but perhaps he thought we were deprived seniors.
- Sherries saladWonderfulVIPDined on 12/13/2013Sherries salad is usually my favorite when going to Sunsets. However, this last time the lettuce appeared not to be fresh like usual and almost seemed like they had downgraded their salad mix than in the past. The salad was still good but didn't taste as fresh as normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food consistent, not great.CathyDined on 12/9/2013Food consistent, not great. With a salad entree, one would think there would be better lettuce than mostly iceberg.Mashed potatoes came with everythingSpecial Features:
- Arrived at 10:45 am on a DecemberRockhoundDined on 12/7/2013Arrived at 10:45 am on a December Saturday for breakfast only to find breakfast stopped at 10:45! No matter...lunch was delicious (a Reuben and the chicken curry). Dining was quiet and relaxed...families and friends enjoying holiday get-togethers...now we can hardlywait to get back for breakfast!Special Features:
- Great brunch & can't beat the viewMartyBDined on 12/1/2013Very good service. Extensive breakfast and dinner choices for brunch. Loved the made to order omlettes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to go on LakeCincyGirlinMNDined on 11/30/2013I enjoy eating here. I've brought family here when they've been visiting. Great view when it is light out. ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Surprise!DeepvalleygirlDined on 11/30/2013Having been a regular SUNSETS diner for years, this was our first weekend breakfast. The food was excellent, the portions just right, and the service was very good. We will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in summer, good in winterKshannDined on 11/29/2013We took out of town guests for lunch so they could see lovely Wayzata and The lake. The food is consistent but the real coup is outdoors in the summer. Consistently good service.Special Features:
- Long time patronateoutDined on 11/27/2013We were not as happy with the new menu. We were told that they had changed it to keep up with the neighboring restaurants. If we wanted it to be like those restaurants, we would go there. The prices were higher and some of the old favorites were taken off the menu. The food we had was good but it was disappointing that they are trying to be like the other restaurants.Special Features:
- 1 of my favoritesRockDined on 11/27/2013Love the food, especially the walleye fingers and the spicey green beans. I've never had a bad meal and truly look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staff and good food...BrunpucksterDined on 11/24/2013Friendly staff and good food...Brunch was kept fresh...Special Features:
- hostess and food was mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2013We had reservations and when we arrived were seated in the middle of the floor even though there were plenty of other places we would have preferred to sit…a booth or a table by the window. We asked the host who led us to our table if we could sit in one of those spots. He said we could not as they were reserved. I asked if when we make a reservation must we ask for a booth? He said NO…we then questioned why we could not have a booth or a better table. He went back to the host desk and came back with a NO. One of our party went up to the host desk and asked for a better table - the host said to take the booth. The seating was fine but we were annoyed with the loud ring of the phone right behind us. The food was mediocre.
- Great serviceDeeSVIPDined on 11/23/2013We had breakfast on a busy Satuday morning. Had some problems with menu substitutions but Emily our waitress was great and took care of everything. Scrambled eggs with salmon and dill delicious .Special Features:
- MenuJeffDined on 11/21/2013Food was good but disappointed that the menu has changed. Double Cajun pork chop is gone. When something works leave it alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually much betterDianaDined on 11/18/2013This normally reliable restaurant was having a pretty bad night. Old favorites were gone from the menu, the wrong food was sent out from the kitchen, a burger was barely cooked, and we did get our food at the same time. I'll try them again, but it was disappointing. We were entertaining out-of-town guests, and had hoped for better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedsatisfiedDined on 11/15/2013Great food...very accomodating to our large group. service was fantastic food arrived in a speedy manner.Special Features:
- Veteran's Day thank you eventMinnetristanDined on 11/11/2013This may have been an off-night for the waiter. We requested seating in the bar area at a high table for medical reasons, so complaining about the noise level is not appropriate. However, it took a long time for his first visit to the table....then when the food was brought out, my menu choice was incorrect. By the time the right menu item was brought out, spouse was nearly through eating. Both menu items were tasty, however, and the wine choices were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plesant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2013I ordered walleye. I was served a good size filet. My husband had steak. Both meals were great. The sided grilled vegetables ,baked potatoes. salad, and wild rice soup were All very good. The waiter was attentive and we never felt rushed. The view of the lake is beautiful in all seasons.Special Features:
- This is a favorite of oursOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2013This is a favorite of ours especially on special occasions like our recent 56th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.