2001 Belcourt Ave
Nashville, TN 37212Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sunsetgrill.com/
- Phone: 615-386-3663x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour - All evening from 4pm Sunday every dining room & Monday - Friday 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m half-price cocktails, 60+ wines by the glass & 300+ by the bottle in bar only.
Dinner - 7 nights a week from 4:30p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Late Night - Friday and Saturday from 10:00 p.m. to Midnight Half price Classics dinner menu.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef / Managing Partner Chris Cunningham
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Several private rooms available for dining, receptions, etc Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Buy outs available as well as shuttle service for all events arranged in advance.
- Special Events: Please send all private event inquiries to Liz Conn, Director of Events, at email@example.com or call her at 615-516-1915
A word from Sunset Grill
Sunset features casual fine dining atmosphere, boasting a nationally acclaimed menu featuring pasta, steak, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free & eclectic specials with a local TN and Southern regional ingredient focus, plus sustainable seafood. 60+wines by the glass & 300+ bottle selections. 2002 DiRoNA Award winner & winner of the Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence". Complimentary shuttle service available for guests and groups. Several private rooms available with reservations firstname.lastname@example.orgContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Sunset Grill - Best Restaurants in Nashville ›
Sunset Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (36)notable wine list (35)special occasion (34)late-night find (23)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (14)hot spot (12)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Our server Maurna was wonderful! We were there for our 25th anniversary and she made us feel special. We were not overly impressed with the menu, but enjoyed our choices. The creme brulee was divine!Special Features:
- Very Good & Very BadRunnergirlVIPDined on 10/13/2014We've been coming to Sunset Grill for many years and have never been disappointed -- until now. The occasion was our son's birthday - the pumpkin muffin starter, calamari, kale salad and pasta with shrimp were all wonderful. Alas, my husband and I both ordered the amberjack special, which turned out to be an epic fail at $30 each - the description sounded exotic and our waiter assured us it was an awesome choice - he couldn't have been more wrong. The fish was a small flavorless overcooked hunk with roasted root veggies that tasted like cardboard rocks. On the plus side, they brought a complimentary birthday dessert, which was a very nice touch. We'll be back, but only for the basics. The pricey specials are just too risky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodMaplekiwiDined on 10/9/2014This is our go to restaurant whenever people are in town. It never disappoints. Two days later they are still talking about the goo door pasta!Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014I always enjoy Sunset Grill. I arrived early for a dinner date on a very quiet night and the staff was so accommodating, letting me wait with a quiet glass of wine until my companion arrived. The specials menu was inventive and delicious. It is so nice to be able to find local offerings on so many different levels. They include a list of all the local vendors they use, I appreciate that.Special Features:
- Family favoriteJoshDined on 9/30/2014Sunset Grill is our "go to place". The food is always great. From out of town guests to in-town friends we love taking them to dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a FavPleasedrpalatesDined on 9/20/2014We randomly dine at Sunset and always leave satisfied, wondering why we waited so long to return!?! Since it was an early dinner, we had an appetizer (cheese nachos...very unique), main entrees (catfish and salmon), and a dessert trio; all were excellently prepared and presented!Special Features:
- Go for the Food!TrentDined on 9/13/2014There were some large (and loud!) parties there, which was a bit annoying. However, our waiter did a fine job and the food was outstanding! (I had perfectly cooked scallops with greens, while my wife had salmon). We will return.Special Features:
- Perfectly fine. No more, no less.sparkyDined on 9/13/2014We were a large party of 13 during Vanderbilt's Parents' Weekend. Sunset Grill was very accommodating in changing our reservations several times, each time an increase of 1 or 2. The food was good - certain items particularly stood out (Smoked Pork Beggars Purse!); others were simply 'fine' (fried catfish). Waiter was pleasant and accommodating, but clearly the crowds were more than the wait staff or kitchen staff could keep pace with.
- Old friend!MagiVIPDined on 9/12/2014I've been going to Sunset for 25 years, yet have lapsed lately. Big mistake. It was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Have been going to Sunset for many years and have always had a great dining experience. Food is outstanding, great wine list and the service impeccable. Kudos to Randy for being one of the few restauranteurs to keeping things fresh and new. Hope to keep dining there for many years to come.Special Features:
- Sunset always pleasesNickVIPDined on 9/9/2014My wife and I came to Sunset often while we were dating and now like to come as a place to celebrate special occasions. The menu is always good and the specials change things up on a daily basis. There is not a better dessert menu in town. Try the bread pudding.Special Features:
- Great DiningToniandGregDined on 9/6/2014Wonderful food and atmosphere. We especially liked the haberno bread pudding. A big surprise finish to meal. Great service and on a nice night, opening the big picture windows made it almost like being outdoors.Special Features:
- Nice selection of food and drinksSunsetVIPDined on 9/6/2014Good for both meaties and vegies and not just good selections, good taste and qualitySpecial Features:
- Great ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/30/2014One can always count on a great dining experience at Sunset Grill. In spite of all the new restaurant opportunities in Nashville, Sunset rates just as strongly in its culinary creativity, service, location. Valet parking in this Hillsboro Village location continues to make this a convenient neighborhood spot. I'm sorry they have closed for lunch, but will be back for dinner soon.Special Features:
- Just a solid all around spotZPowersDined on 8/22/2014Sunset Grill is just one of those solid spots that never fails. It's our go to for when we can't think of another place. And it is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Travel favoriteFoodieKCMODined on 8/21/2014We've been dining at Sunset for about ten years anytime we come through Nashville. It has remained consistently good all these years, great food and good wine selection, friendly wait staff and pleasant surroundings (we love the glass terrace, comfortable while giving the impression you are outside even in the summer heat). This is our favorite way to end our vacation and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset Grill honors Restaurant WeekWhaleofadinerDined on 8/21/2014We went to Sunset on a Thursday evening during Nashville Originals Restaurant Week. Sunset Grill did it up right with a 2 course meal (appetizer, regular entrée) for $20.14 and lots of wine special. The BLT (Trout!) was outstanding and lots of food.Special Features:
- Probably???angikins813Dined on 8/19/2014Me: What is your house red wine? Waitress: It's probably Cabernet. Me: Well is it Cabernet? Because, I don't want a Merlot. Waitress: It's probably Cabernet. Me: Fine, I'll have that. Me: Are the greens made with vinegar? That's the only way i like them. Waitress: They probably are. Me: Fine, I'll have the Pork Chop with Greens. NOPE, they weren't made with vinegar or anything tasty for that matter. They were bitter and yucky. I don't expect to be back here. The other food we had was fine but a waitress left a bad taste in my mouth.Special Features:
- Great menu2foodiesDined on 8/19/2014Great choices on their menu. Something for everyone. Cajun shrimp and grits was presented beautifully and tasted great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night birthdayAppreciativeDinerDined on 8/18/2014Monday nights in nice restaurants can be an off night for both the kitchen and dining room staffs. That's not so at the Sunset Grill. I brought two out-of-towners (open with a birthday) and their 10-year-old grandson for dinner on Monday night. Everything was excellent. Our server catered to our needs without being fawning, was conscious of the child at the table and was great in conversation. All of that is on top of excellent food. We had five entrees and three desserts, and everyone was happy as could be.Special Features:
- Consistently ExvellentRMacOSDined on 8/18/2014The best food and service in Nashville. For every day or special occasions, Sunset can't be beat.Special Features:
- Pleasant ExperienceGreat2eatDined on 8/13/2014This was a dinner meeting with our CEO. Very nice surroundings. The Halibut and purple hull peas were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for groups!DanaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Each time I attend or host a group at Sunset Grill, it is perfect. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- great foodgetinmybellyDined on 8/12/2014There was a variety of interesting types of food. The scallops and smoked porkchops were wonderful.Special Features:
- Pretty Good FoodLuv2EatDined on 8/9/2014This is a nice little quiet spot. The food and cocktails were good, although a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Stands the Test of TimeJoshDined on 8/3/2014Time and again, the food and service are at an outstanding level. The unique dishes made from locally provided farm produce taste delicious and are presented very well. Sunset Grill is a regular go to dining destination that doesn't get boring. It's always a hit with our out of town friends and colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualevctnDined on 8/1/2014Always a great time at Sunset! Food great, waitress excellent, and friends were priceless. Thought of nowhere else but Sunset.Special Features:
- stable table- good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014sunset is good, and a decent atmosphere. the food is not great, but good. no one loved their dish, but there were no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good after all these yearsDR11Dined on 7/27/2014Had a private dinner for a relative's birthday. Everything was handled perfectly from the food to the service to the atmosphere to the cake! All our guests commented how they'd forgotten how good Sunset Grill was and will return again!Special Features:
- Oldie But Goodyjsg123Dined on 7/26/2014This is a restaurant that has been here a long time because the food is good, the service is good, the covered porch up front is such a good place to eat, and you can carry on a conversation with the people you are dining with because it is not so loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Rated the food as three stars because I had to choose an option. Although we left before server arrived at table (after sitting for 5 minutes) the food was ok the last time we dined.
- Love Sunset Grill!LauraandRodneyDined on 7/21/2014I took my BF for his birthday on a Monday during Happy Hour. They were already out of the Begger's Purse, but we ordered Chicken Nachos, pepperoni pizza, and crab cake. The pizza was great as usual, crab cake small but lovely (I'm not a big tarter sauce fan, and would have that left off next time). The cranberry chocolate cheese cake was divine!Special Features:
- Special OccasionFlippinfoolDined on 7/16/2014Excellent food and service. A little pricey for everyday dining but great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysMikeEatsOutDined on 7/9/2014I've eaten at Sunset Grill since the early 1990s and the food is consistently very good, the staff and service excellent, and the value is good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite find.Southerndiner57Dined on 7/6/2014What to say? Yet another wonderful experience. We have always experienced the best of service at Sunset. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the most civilized happy hour in town. Visit on a Sunday or Monday for the half off pizzas (try the voodoo) and the half off wine list. The go later in the week and order from the menu. From the wonderful greeting at the door to the delicious creative dishes, you will love it. You will come back. I know we will.Special Features:
- cupcakeDined on 7/5/2014The restaurant called me and left a voice mail 4 hours prior to our reserved dining time to say that "due to the holiday, we will be closing at 9:00 pm ... please call us to make different arrangements" .... I'm curious as to HOW the restaurant didn't know they would be closing early several days prior to that, when I made the reservation for 10:00 pm ... A very close friend of mine recommended the Sunset Grille ... I will not refer others.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014I've gone to Sunset since it opened, but it is time for it to just close it's doors. Saturday night and they're out of food and the food they did serve was a huge disappointment. Be sad to see it go.
- Good findGAtransplantDined on 6/29/2014The service and food were terrific. The nite we went they had $5 cocktails and all appetizers were $5, you can't do better than that. Will definitely look it up again when in Nashville.Special Features:
- Steady SunsetCharlieDined on 6/28/2014A perennial favorite, the service is excellent and the menu is imaginative. I had a trout blt, which is not a sandwich but a whole trout lightly breaded and stuffed with ripe tomato, bacon and greens. The fish was large and perfectly cooked. Chocolate pot de creme dessert was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining for anniversaryDoctorBitmapDined on 6/26/2014My wife and I wanted a special place to celebrate our 43 wedding anniversary, so we chose the Sunset Grill. The atmosphere was perfect - quiet with adequate but subdued lighting. The main dining room features Paul Harmon paintings. We ordered the calamari appetizer, which was perfectly cooked and served with a great tomato-basil sauce. For our main course, I had the shrimp and grits, and my wife ordered the lamb Bolognese. Both were served promptly and were prepared perfectly. The service was excellent. We cannot afford the Sunset Grill very often, but when we need the best, we know we can get it at the Sunset Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.