238 Green Street
Tarrytown, NY 10591Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sunsetcove.net/
- Phone: (914) 366-7889
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:30pm - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Thomas Calandrucci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact party coordinator for information.
- Private Party Facilities: Contact party coordinator for information.
- Private Party Contact: Gianni Piccolino 9143667899
- Entertainment: We have live entertainment on Friday evenings from October thru March from 7-9pm
A word from Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove is a beautiful waterfront restaurant located just north of the Tappen Zee bridge. They feature a continental cuisine with an Asian/Mediterranean flare. This unique culinary fusion combine with natures panoramic views will create a dining experience you will not soon forget. Whether it's outside dining on the water in the spring and summer, or warm and cozy by the fireplace in the fall and winter, the owners of Sunset Cove and staff will be waiting to take you on a culinary journey!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Sunset Cove - Best Restaurants in Tarrytown ›
Sunset Cove reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (61)great for outdoor dining (56)good for groups (19)romantic (14)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (11)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Enjoyed Sunday Buffet BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014Good choices on the buffet - traditional b'fast items plus made-to-order omelets and pancakes with choice of added ingredients. Yum. And then, there are lunch items and salad too. And, of course, dessert cakes, cookies, fresh fruits. The staff was very attentive. Our mimosa glasses and coffee cups were never empty. Empty plates were removed in a timely manner. Although it was a buffet with people moving about, the restaurant never seemed hectic or noisy and we never felt rushed. The restaurant is right on the Hudson River and, with the large window, you have a view no matter where you sit. I wouldn't hesitate to go again. In fact, I'm looking forward to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good FoodAdamsVIPDined on 11/22/2014I love Sunset Cove. Always great food - great chef. and... Great service. Javier is our favorite waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchHappy4thischoiceDined on 11/9/2014bottomless mimosas, good food and attentive service makes this a good choice for dining with a good view of the Hudson River.Special Features:
- KenlDined on 10/29/2014Went here for lunch. One order of scallops and risotto, two orders of butternut squash ravioli. The scallops were quite large and delicious accompanied by a flavorful risotto. The ravioli was a generous portion with wonderful flavors (pumpkin, figs, etc). The service was responsive, prompt, and friendly. The view of the Tappan Zee bridge and Hudson was marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Sunset Cove is a great place. The food, service all were very good. Open Table site only had an availability for 8:30 and when I got there, the place was almost empty.Special Features:
- New York in TarrytownroachDined on 10/24/2014Was disappointed we got there at !0 minutes before our reservation and we were told we had to wait in the bar" because they were not open yet" we went into the bar and posted on the bar was a sign stating "cash only" this in a tourist town!! also a very bad smell present in the dining room which then went away . on top of this the place charged New York prices . For a group of four one of which ordered two sides as her main dish we payed 150.00 . Then we were told the menu had changed and that what we planed on having was no longer on the menu . Overall a very bad dining experience had we not been hungry we would have left .Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The restaurant had a pretty nice vibe. The food was good and the service was great. They were very attentive. It's great for parties. It was too cold to be outside but I'm sure it would be nice to sit outside and watch the sunset and Hudson river.Special Features:
- Good findSixpacklbgDined on 10/18/2014They were very accommodating. We went with 8 people asked for a table by the window. Got there an hour early and they seated us ten minutes later. No bad attitude. Very nice. Would go there again and would recommend. Oh and the food was good too.Special Features:
- WonderfulonlychristineDined on 10/18/2014We came to enjoy the Halloween festivities, The Blaze, Legend of Sleepy Hollow with the children and had a wonderful meal at Sunset Cove. Sunset Cove confirmed my reservation the day before and we were met with smiling faces for a delicious dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tappan Zee junkiesJustadinerDined on 10/13/2014The indoor views are good, but the outdoor views up, down and across the Hudson are spectacular. If dining inside, take a couple of walks on the patio to enjoy seeing history being built. And the food, an afterthought for us, was surprisingly varied and interesting and quite good. The service was pleasant, and very minor problem was handled perfectly. 7 very happy guests. This does not appear to be a kids or family place, but they treated our kids very well. It can get just a bit noisy against the window, but that's where the view is.Special Features:
- Expected more, but still good!PeteDined on 10/11/2014We booked this restaurant because of how much they played up the views of the Hudson. Well, we had our reservation for 3 weeks and instead of getting a table to view the Hudson we got shoved in the back next to the bar. While walk ins were seated in much better seats. I would also recommend coming here in the day time. If you go here in the night time you will not get the scenic views it describes. Besides that situation the food was great I had the hanger steak and spinach it was amazing! My friend had the penne ala vodka and she absolutely loves it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smitty3Dined on 10/8/2014We enjoyed the view from inside and the food was good. Service appropriate and good.Special Features:
- Overall good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014This place has a beautiful view of the Hudson river and tapanze bridge! There is outdoor dining too! Indoor dining is romantic and quiet. The food is overall good! Drinks were good. Service was very attentive. A good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tips ReviewmrtipDined on 10/4/2014The service was prompt and helpful re: dinner/wine selection. Food was tasty and plentiful. View of the Hudson and sunset was exceptional. Outside seating accommodations were pleasant and comfortable.Special Features:
- Sunset SpectacularRichDined on 9/28/2014Dining al fresco on the Hudson at Sunset was just delightful!Special Features:
- Great LocationGeneDined on 9/27/2014Had planned to have dinner here, but plans changed, so we went for lunch. Had a spectacular late-September day, so we were able to sit outside which was great! Lobster & shrimp roll was awesome.Special Features:
- TERRIBLECLAMBOANGELADined on 9/27/2014TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! Mediocre food. From the moment we pulled into the parking lot when the parking attendant yelled at us to move our cars because it was valet parking.. (there were clearly parking spots available to park on our own). It all went down hill from there!! When we said we were going to write a letter, he responded with F--- Y-- . We were greeted by the most unfriendly of hostesses-not a smile to be seen. The lobster roll was so salty it was not edible. We sent it back and not one person from management even came to our table to apologize or see if we wanted something else. We ordered pasta from the "childrens menu" for our 5 year old, it was a basic bowl of butter drenched pasta and we were charged $10.00!Special Features:
- Dinner food shockingly poorOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/25/2014The lunches here have always been really nice, but this meal made airline food in coach seem like haute cuisine. How can you screw up pasta? The lighting was awful, more nightclub like, and the music didn't work unless you want to be irritable.
- Senior CitizenSmallappetiteDined on 9/14/2014The food was good and the service was excellent. Since I can't eat a full first course I would have preferred some vegetables with my main course, but they aren't included. The sound level was lower in this restaurant than in many others, which is a blessing when you don't hear well, but enjoy conversing with others at your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a let downNomnomDined on 9/14/2014We went to Sunset Cove for Sunday brunch on my birthday based on it having some good reviews online as well as outdoor seating. The view was nice but not nearly as nice as people make it sound. The chain link fence around the deck doesn't help things either. The brunch spread was pretty sad. The pancake/omelet station was decent and I had a pretty good bagel with lox but the eggs benny were terrible and it seems like they were running out of food and not replacing things as many of the trays were empty. There were a bunch of wasps aggressively buzzing around our table and in our food that we couldn't get rid of and the staff didn't seem to notice or care. It was a very disappointing birthday outing, I won't be coming back.Special Features:
- AwfulFamofboysDined on 9/13/2014Our waitress was great, food, decor and noise level was awful. Never will I recommend or go back there again!!!!Special Features:
- Beef Jerky and Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The view and setting was very nice. Our table was right on the water, but I had to level it with my napkin. Our server was some kind of special, she never smiled, never said thank you, never asked how we were doing, and didn't even look at us when talking. It was pretty clear that she would have rather been doing anything other than serving anybody, anything. The bread was stale, and my steak was ordered medium, but should have come in a bag that said Oberto. Cutting through the steak required a saw zaw and a pitch fork. My wife had to hold the table every time i tried to cut through it. The drinks we good though!Special Features:
- Solid place.UnbiasedDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant is a good reliable go to restuarant. Pro: great efficient service. Con: nothing It's hard for me to give five stars so that's why I'm giving them a four. The food was good but not something I would go out of my way for. Overall great solid experience that won't have you disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely View but the food was awfulJames201Dined on 9/4/2014Such a shame. Beautiful views. Nice waitress. But the food was inedible and even made my date ill. Lucky for them the Health Dept. wasn't there that night.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014They seem to be saying "You got a great view and that's all you get". Food is reminiscent of a high school cafeteria. Service is rushed and indifferent. Prices are laughable considering the quality. Cocktails are served in the smallest glass I have ever seen in a restaurant for an exorbitant price. I will never go back to this rip off joint.
- Great outdoorseggsVIPDined on 8/30/2014Only place around with Saturday lunch on the water this side of Hudson. Good choices on menu. Staff was good except hostess was a bit stuffy. Valet parking only seems a bit silly but it is a small lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DON53Dined on 8/29/2014WE RECOMEND THE CHICKEN SCAPRIELLO only place that makes it the right we will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful outsidePatioDined on 8/27/2014We loved our dinner and the view of the Hudson. Everything was lovely outside—even the fact that a rainstorm occurred just as we were paying the check. The interior of the restaurant isn't as gorgeous or welcoming. I suggest ambient lighting to make the inside of the restaurant as attractive as the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewRoccoVIPDined on 8/25/2014Great View average food and service. Limited menu however really there for the water and bridge views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yikes!grammyVIPDined on 8/22/2014This reataurant needed to be remodeled years ago. It is so seedy looking. The food was just average at best but the atmosphere was so lacking and everything looked so awful that it was probably one of the worst looking places in which I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Post Sandy DisapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014I had been a frequent flyer this restaurant before Sandy and had not returned until this past week. I was very disapointed with the post sandy results. I described it to a friend as a finished basement and also the waiter did not listen to what was asked and instead went with is personal recommendations. All around not good
- Short on serviceAndyDined on 8/18/2014Food was good as was outdoor dining but service left much to be desired. From the start we felt we were being rushed. Waiter was impatient and wanted our order right away. I said the mussels sounded good but my fried needed more time to decide. The waiter brought my appetizer before taking my friends order. Then he took our entre order and brought it out before we were finished with the appetizer so the entre got cold. It was a Monday night and not overly crowded but we felt like they wanted to get rid of us. Wanted the desert order while we were still eating. This was a business dinner and the last thing you want is to be rushed. I could see if there was a line waiting for the table but there was not.
- Dine on the patioletsEatDined on 8/16/2014Food was great. Fish was moist and very flavorful. Risotto was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysAdamsVIPDined on 8/15/2014That says it all. Food and service very good, as always!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Evening out!Cheska121Dined on 8/11/2014I recently had dinner at Sunset Cove with a few of my girlfriends and it was a wonderful evening. Since reservations can not be made for outside dining, we requested to sit outside when we got there and it wasn't a problem at all. The view was beautiful, the wait staff was attentive and food was really delicious. All the girls were very pleased with their meals. I had ordered the Veal Portofino but asked if they could make it with chicken instead and it wasn't a problem. It was absolutely delicious. The only negative about my food was when I got home I realized that they handed me my girlfriend's leftovers instead. I was a bit bummed because I was looking forward to a second serving of my Chicken Portofino. Will def be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- more choicesGordoLikesDined on 8/9/2014not bad - get there early to sit outside on weekends. Menu so-so. Could use update. Full by 6 pm.Special Features:
- so soPELLYDined on 8/8/2014Portions were small, food was decent, service was poor we had to ask for everything.Special Features:
- Great Summer Brunch spotMairVIPDined on 8/3/2014If you can get a table outside, this is the perfect spot for brunch. It's a nice buffet with unlimited mimosas (yea!) right on the Hudson river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 556 reviews are from the Sunset Cove reviews archive.
- Lunch on the HudsonDateNightGuyDined on 7/29/2014Great spot to enjoy a beautiful day with good food and friends. First time back since Sandy and I'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodie31Dined on 7/26/2014Went here for dinner and got to sit outside with a view of the sunset. Food was ok.Special Features: