3408 Red Rose Farm Rd
Bowleys Quarters, MD 21220Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sunsetcovemd.com/
- Phone: 4106302031
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Sunset Cove offers live entertainment throughout the Sumer on our beach stage. From live bands to DJ that keep you dancing. Or just hang back at the Tiki bar and watch what happens.
A word from Sunset Cove
Welcome to Sunset Cove! You have just arrived at the areas premier waterfront dining and entertainment venue. Located on the calm waters of Frog Mortar Creek in Bowleys Quarters, Maryland we are perched right in the center of the beautiful Maryland Marina. Open year round, Sunset Cove offers a menu that covers all the bases including all of the Maryland classics you crave and much more. From Sushi grade tuna appetizers to eye popping platters of crab cakes, steamed seafood and our very own pit beef stand. We've got you covered! Sunset Cove Has four full service bars that feature our amazing Crush Drinks, frozen tropical cocktails , year round seasonal specialties and a selection of craft beers. Whatever it is your looking for we have it all! We have great beach seating, climate controlled indoor dining and a great spot to catch the local sports teams! Every Season and Every day there is something going on at the Cove! Come on out and give us a try.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sunset Cove reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was excellent, with alarryDined on 4/11/2014Food was excellent, with a a nice relaxed atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Wicked good!MainsterDined on 4/8/2014Outstanding food, service, and what a view! Try the fried green tomatoes as an entre (they're topped with jumbo lump crab in a sherry cream sauce). Will be a frequent diner here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableKristenDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I always enjoy dinner at Sunset Cove. We can't wait to go back in the summer with our children and sit on the beach. It is a beautiful atmosphere and lots of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view of middle riverDennisHDined on 3/22/2014try the sunset nachos, enough for your entire meal. excellent crab cakes. great view of the water. parking lot in need of major repairs, do not bring your clean car or wear good shoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No issues here!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014As always the food and service is first class. Awesome presentation of meals on the plate. Prices are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantLive2dine25Dined on 12/28/2013Sunset cove nestled in Bowley's Quarters is an amazing restaurant. In the warm months there is a waterside tiki bar and outdoor dining with amazing views. There is a good reason it is named sunset cove. The food never disappoints and the service is always good even when the place is packed. Whether by boat or car, sunset cove is a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very casual. Better for summer/spriSaintVIPDined on 12/15/2013Very casual. Better for summer/spring dining. Use Asian crabmeat which is a real bummer for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2013Had not been to Sunset Cove since it re-opened under new ownership/name. Enjoyed our dinner very much. Quantity of food huge---took home leftovers. Very good !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice staff, decent foodManchester610Dined on 11/19/2013I have been there twice now, and the first time was pretty good. I ordered the same thing and was a little disappointed with the portion and how salty the food was, very close to being inedible. I will take my daughter there again and try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemBdillDined on 11/8/2013I had been told for years to try the place out. We had moved to Bowleys Quarters almost 3 years ago. Excellent fast service and the food is top notch. Reasonable prices. Attractive interior and a fun exterior. Its like having one of those restaurants you only eat it at on vacation right here in SE Baltimore county.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First NightDarkmanDined on 10/19/2013If you are looking for a quiet dinner, this is not the place for you. If you know that going in, this is an way above average location to eat and have fun. My wife and I will eat here again.Special Features:
- Sunset Cove: A Treat On Many LevelsFluffyDined on 10/10/2013We were welcomed and escorted in on a rainy afternoon. Our waitress was pleasant and attentive, as was the manager/owner. We were delighted with the menu and our choices and had to take some food home. We look forward to our next visit. Love the place. The first reaction of one of us was, "It's like being in Key West!" For us, it doesn't get any better than that!Special Features:
- Just OKAero1VIPDined on 10/2/2013Was travelling in the Baltimore area and SC was recommended by a co-worker. Food was OK (steak was fair, seafood was good). I rated the service as fair (the receptionist was inhospitable while the server was fine). Heck, they didn't even give me credit for the open table points and we spent close to $200 on the dinner. It is really a place for outdoor dining in the Summer since it is near the water.Special Features:
- Fun restaurant and great food!BrandiLDined on 9/21/2013We were hoping to dine outside but it was raining so we were set up in the bar area. The food was great and the service was too. That night the music in the bar was pretty loud so if you are looking for a romantic spot ask to be seated away from the bar.Special Features:
- GreatKlb217Dined on 9/21/2013We had a wonderful lunch at sunset cove. The food was very good. The service was quick and friendly. We are planning on going back. The view was nice . You can sit on the deck or go down to the beach area. We love being near the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place, good food, attentivemisspickieDined on 9/15/2013great place, good food, attentive staff...good specials on game days....feels like a mini vacation with the beach and water..we had a child with food allergies and the staff worked with us to fix him something yummy to eat.. Palm trees sway and there are lovely gardens everywhere...beautiful !! We all had a great time...very clean...and parking attendants to help you. Something for everyone and to fit every budget....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a blast on my birthdayBeePresDined on 9/14/2013We celebrated my birthday at Sunset last Saturday, and we definitely enjoyed ourselves. We started with dinner, and although not a huge menu, the food we ordered was good. After dinner we made our way to the beach bar. It was nice having enough room to dance and have our whole group, about 12 of us, in one area without bumping into anyone else. The drinks were great. My drink of choice for the night was the Sunset Crush! DJ kept us going with a nice mix of music. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2013Made the reservation on line through Open Table three days in advance but when I got to the restuarant they did not have my reservation. We then had to wait about 30 minutes to be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food at good pricemikepDined on 9/14/2013The food was very good and service was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunset on chesapeaakeragsailorDined on 9/13/2013we arrived and were immediately seated . food is bar type food but is really good. great atmosphere on the water.Special Features:
- Happy hourKarenDined on 9/13/2013Great place to meet up with friends for drinks and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lazy serviceIfuliketowait4everDined on 8/27/2013For a place with a sweet view, decent restaurant setup, they really try to ruin the experience with atrocious, disengaged service. We went here the other night for my wife's birthday. First we tried to sit at a table on the beach but no server came over for 15 minutes. So then we went inside. Waited again. Then we get this waitress with zero personality and couldn't care less about our experience. Very frustrating. Ever moreso since the previous time here was just as annoying. If the food wasn't halfway decent, the sun would really set on this "business".
- I brought a friend for thebettysboysDined on 8/12/2013I brought a friend for the first time.It was such a good expereince we had such a great dinner . We so enjoyed ourselfs just sitting after dinner and relaxing . I would recomend this place to everyone THANK YOU !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedpeachyDined on 7/29/2013First time here after new ownership and name change. Food was better than expected and price was very reasonable. The wait staff was freindly and effecient. Everyone there seemed to be having a great time. It was a great girls night out dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great summertime night for a familyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/23/2013We hit Sunset Cove on discount burger night in the thick of the summer. Our server was quick and attentive. The kids swam in the river while we sat at a picnic table next to the water to watch them and share a meal and drinks with our friends. Food was good. Burgers were good. But, two issues: 1) Would not accomodate a request for a kids-size pasta dish (not on kids menu, but pasta on menu). 2) Our meal took forever to arrive. And, my salad was forgotten. Arrived 15 minutes after my companions were done eating. Should have been a freebie, but was not.Special Features:
- Best Baltimore Waterfront DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2013This place has it all....Fantastic food, great service, beautiful relaxing beach/shore dining, free parking, music, drinks, and boat docks! We were a table of 6 and each of us had the most relaxing, superb dinner found anywhere in the Baltimore area! Wear comfortable clothes as you sit on a sandy beach area complete with tropical flowers and plants. A tiki bar serves up wonderful drinks and the youthful wait staff is on top of all your culinary requests. All the while you gaze at the water and boat docks, you actually watch the sun setting, hence the name...Sunset Cove! Try the fish tacos! We loved every morsel of the generous helping of rock fish. Their burgers are fantastic and the pit beef is perfect (shared our entrees)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lets add some Old Bay...OldBayGirlDined on 7/2/2013Most of the food was great. The shrimp salad could of used a little more Old Bay. I would not recommend it. I would however recommend the crab dip!! Also, the waitress we had also had a large party so we didn't feel we were important to her. My daughter asked for some sauce to go with the rockfish, and after about 10mins we had to ask another waitress. We would however go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch on the porch was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2013Enjoyed sitting on the porch with a great breeze on a hot afternoon and enjoying marina view. Great service as waitress accommodated our every request. Serval ordered appetizers which were large enough for lunch; recommend the green tomatoes with crab. Also recommend the Orange Crush, or any of the crush flavors, on a hot afternoon.Special Features:
- Retirement partyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2013We took a friend to Sunset Cove for a small retirement sendoff. had a fantastic time. Food was great, waitress very friendly and accomidating, and the waferfront location was the greatest. Can't wit to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is adequate. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2013Food is adequate. Service and atmosphere great. Parking marginal.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2013Great for dinner and lunch. Entertainment on Thursday evening was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2013Good was delicious and service was wonderful. The fact that we were on a beach eating made it all Ben better. Perfect date night dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great but IOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/28/2013Everything was great but I called ahead to let them know it was my friends 40th birthday and they said the staff would come out and sign and the cake would have candles. Small detail to many but none-the-less an important detail for this special occasion.Special Features:
- The atmosphere is great onOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013The atmosphere is great on a nice day to done outdoors and listen to music. If you go with a group be prepared to divy out the bill because tabs cannot be separated which is pretty ridiculous in 2013. The atmosphere was really nice by the water but the volume of the vocals of the band were so low you could not hear the words being sung which was annoying. It is a nice atmosphere but they need to enter the current time sphere and separate tabs for large parties.Special Features:
- We were seated right awayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013We were seated right away because we made a reservation, But we sat for about 15 mins before I asked if we had a waiter. The manager felt so bad he came and sat with us introduced himself, appologized and bought our 1st round of drinks! I was very impressed , also our waiter Dan was wonderful! Sweet ,funny attentive, and got everything perfect!Special Features:
- Great food. Service startedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013Great food. Service started out slow, no one wanted to take our drink order. A waiter finally came over and helped us, it wasn't even his table. He made sure we had everything we needed and keep apologizing for the mix up. Good was fresh and came out quick!Special Features:
- Good atmosphere, good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013Good atmosphere, good service, good food - a little out of the way. The restaurant is on the water. They have indoor and outdoor seating. I look forward to going there again when the weather is a little warmer.Special Features:
- The restaurant and staff wasTheBombDined on 2/18/2013The restaurant and staff was amazing as well as the food but there was a group there with uncontrollable kids and the adults were as ride.Special Features:
- Very good food and excellentjubobVIPDined on 2/10/2013Very good food and excellent service. Although it was a bit crowded in the dining room, our server handled everything professionally and pleasantly without showing any angst.Special Features: