238 Green Street
Tarrytown, NY 10591Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sunsetcove.net/
- Phone: 9143667889
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:30pm - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Thomas Calandrucci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact party coordinator for information.
- Private Party Facilities: Contact party coordinator for information.
- Private Party Contact: Gianni Piccolino 9143667899
- Entertainment: We have live entertainment on Friday evenings from October thru March from 7-9pm
A word from Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove is a beautiful waterfront restaurant located just north of the Tappen Zee bridge. They feature a continental cuisine with an Asian/Mediterranean flare. This unique culinary fusion combine with natures panoramic views will create a dining experience you will not soon forget. Whether it's outside dining on the water in the spring and summer, or warm and cozy by the fireplace in the fall and winter, the owners of Sunset Cove and staff will be waiting to take you on a culinary journey!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Sunset Cove - Best Restaurants in Tarrytown ›
Sunset Cove reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (107)great for outdoor dining (102)good for groups (38)great for lunch (37)special occasion (32)romantic (26)great for brunch (17)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (13)fit for foodies (11)late-night find (7)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Delightful outsidePatioDined on 8/27/2014We loved our dinner and the view of the Hudson. Everything was lovely outside—even the fact that a rainstorm occurred just as we were paying the check. The interior of the restaurant isn't as gorgeous or welcoming. I suggest ambient lighting to make the inside of the restaurant as attractive as the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewRoccoVIPDined on 8/25/2014Great View average food and service. Limited menu however really there for the water and bridge views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yikes!grammyVIPDined on 8/22/2014This reataurant needed to be remodeled years ago. It is so seedy looking. The food was just average at best but the atmosphere was so lacking and everything looked so awful that it was probably one of the worst looking places in which I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Post Sandy DisapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014I had been a frequent flyer this restaurant before Sandy and had not returned until this past week. I was very disapointed with the post sandy results. I described it to a friend as a finished basement and also the waiter did not listen to what was asked and instead went with is personal recommendations. All around not good
- Short on serviceAndyDined on 8/18/2014Food was good as was outdoor dining but service left much to be desired. From the start we felt we were being rushed. Waiter was impatient and wanted our order right away. I said the mussels sounded good but my fried needed more time to decide. The waiter brought my appetizer before taking my friends order. Then he took our entre order and brought it out before we were finished with the appetizer so the entre got cold. It was a Monday night and not overly crowded but we felt like they wanted to get rid of us. Wanted the desert order while we were still eating. This was a business dinner and the last thing you want is to be rushed. I could see if there was a line waiting for the table but there was not.
- Dine on the patioletsEatDined on 8/16/2014Food was great. Fish was moist and very flavorful. Risotto was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysAdamsVIPDined on 8/15/2014That says it all. Food and service very good, as always!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Evening out!Cheska121Dined on 8/11/2014I recently had dinner at Sunset Cove with a few of my girlfriends and it was a wonderful evening. Since reservations can not be made for outside dining, we requested to sit outside when we got there and it wasn't a problem at all. The view was beautiful, the wait staff was attentive and food was really delicious. All the girls were very pleased with their meals. I had ordered the Veal Portofino but asked if they could make it with chicken instead and it wasn't a problem. It was absolutely delicious. The only negative about my food was when I got home I realized that they handed me my girlfriend's leftovers instead. I was a bit bummed because I was looking forward to a second serving of my Chicken Portofino. Will def be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- more choicesGordoLikesDined on 8/9/2014not bad - get there early to sit outside on weekends. Menu so-so. Could use update. Full by 6 pm.Special Features:
- so soPELLYDined on 8/8/2014Portions were small, food was decent, service was poor we had to ask for everything.Special Features:
- Great Summer Brunch spotMairVIPDined on 8/3/2014If you can get a table outside, this is the perfect spot for brunch. It's a nice buffet with unlimited mimosas (yea!) right on the Hudson river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch on the HudsonDateNightGuyDined on 7/29/2014Great spot to enjoy a beautiful day with good food and friends. First time back since Sandy and I'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodie31Dined on 7/26/2014Went here for dinner and got to sit outside with a view of the sunset. Food was ok.Special Features:
- Pricey for only okay foodDutchDined on 7/26/2014The location is definitely fun, though my roasted beet salad sat on some fresh from the can beet rounds and a rather imperious waiter didn't improve the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreDinerDined on 7/25/2014We made a reservation then were told that there were no reservations for outside. The hostesses for inside and outside didn't coordinate, so we had to go back and forth. The waiter was indifferent, no choice of wine by the glass, food okay but nothing special. Very loud.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The food was horrible. The fish was like rubber, the veal tough with a nasty sauce. The overbreaded the calamari. Enough said.
- JoeJoe1943Dined on 7/23/2014One of the few spots on the Westchester side of the Hudson with great views of the Hudson River. Food was just fair. Fries were cold and fish sandwich was dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Great food, great service, great view. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor LunchhbmichaelsDined on 7/21/2014Three of us enjoyed a very pleasant lunch at Sunset Cove. The restaurant has recently been renovated and it looks great. We eat outdoors on their patio and enjoyed a wonderful view of the Hudson River. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- lovefrenchVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food was good. Service was rude and assuming. Waiter was patronizing to one of the party members when she shared her allergies. He didnt know the wine list and indicated it was "in his head" but couldnt share what they were.
- Average...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2014Came here on a Saturday afternoon for lunch / brunch. Nothing spectacular or even memorable about the food. Large portions and reasonable flavor but nothing that would make me want to come back here. Wait staff was friendly enough. A nice view of the Tappan Zee Bridge, though.Special Features:
- Disappointed in the wait service.DdMmVIPDined on 7/19/2014It is unfortunate that the owner of Sunset Cove skimps on the level of wait service at this wonderfully located restaurant. We were there this past Saturday for lunch (July 19, 2014) and ate outside overlooking the Tappan Zee Bridge. The outside was completely packed. Service was very slow and not very welcoming. We attribute this to the wait staff being overworked as there were only 3 waiters for the entire crowd. Not enough for sure. I would go back however I would warn my guests that the food is quite good, the ambience terrific, but not to expect great service. Sorry! :( I hope this is helpful and that the owner will consider hiring more waiters/waitresses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!PurpleLady49Dined on 7/17/2014When it's my pick for Ladies Night, there can be no finer words at the end of the meal than, "Great choice, Nance!" Went for view and outdoor seating. Came away loving the food, too! Definitely a win-win. Glad we made the final choice to sit outside (you cannot reserve outdoor tables, but can request when you get there.) Indoor ambience is quite stark...outdoors is definitely the way to go. We lucked out on an evening that was not too hot or humid, really quite perfect. Will absolutely return!!Special Features:
- DawnDined on 7/16/2014It was a beautiful night and a stunning sunset for dinner, which always makes the dining experience that much better. The monkfish was excellent, and the service was great, however it was not crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dining experienceIdineDined on 7/15/2014We had wonderful service, the good was decent. It was quite loud inside. The view is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nikkicoleDined on 7/13/2014View was awesome, service was good, but food was not very good and the brunch was overpriced. Bottomless mimosas were included, but neither of us drank. Should have an alcohol-free brunch price.Special Features:
- Good Food, Friendly & ProfessionalHollyDined on 7/12/2014Since there was a wait to sit outside, we sat inside but the staff was very nice & friendly and offered us the option of sitting outside sipping our cocktails while we waited for dinner to be ready. Every meal was very good, scallops, salmon (but risotto was a bit over powering w salmon), seafood & steak cooked perfectly. And our server was friendly & courteous also. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Service and ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014My son and I wen to Sunset Cove for a late lunch on a beautiful sunny day. Great views of the Hudson, a diverse menu and friendly service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2014overall experience was nice, the food was good, but nothing special. able to sit outside and enjoy the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennyQDined on 7/6/2014Food and service were excellent. We had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed the beautiful views of the HUdson.Special Features:
- Great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014This is a great place to have dinner. We had a table outside. The sun was starting to set when we arrived, but by the time we finished our meal, there was a beautiful breeze and we didn't want to leave. The service and the food were excellent. I would definitely have dinner here again!Special Features:
- Luck of the drawDCinATXDined on 6/29/2014Interesting locale on the water with great view of the sunset. We ate indoors but the patio looked nice. The wine list was limited but there were interesting choices on the menu. However we drew a poor waiter and/or a bad night. One guest was served club soda instead of tonic water, a salad wasn't evenly divided, and the kitchen used regular instead of whole wheat pasta (a menu option). The waiter did not keep us informed--we would have taken the regular pasta if asked--and no one was served for over an hour. The amount of whole wheat pasta swamped the rest of the dish and one of the servings had almost none of the vegetables. The manager was unsympathetic and the waiter unapologetic. We've never left such a small tip--10%.Special Features:
- Great food, good serviceEvanVIPDined on 6/28/2014We hadd a great meal, albeit some slowness of the main course to come to the table. Amazing location on the water under the Tappan Zee Bridge and a tricky marina to dock in if your ride is 30' or larger but very possible.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Didn't appreciate not being able to sit outside even after making a reservation well in advance and specifying outside. No one told me that the reservation could not be specified for outside. I would not have made the reservation if I knew. Staff was not nice about it either.Special Features:
- Nice lunch at sunset CoveNekountzeDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I had a nice lunch at sunset Cove on a Saturday early afternoon on our way to Connecticut. Oysters on the half shell to start okay not spectacular. Salads we had were both very good and the service was excellent. Made a reservation on open table and we were a little early but got in with no problem. But was very busy and the parking is extremely busy. It is a valley parking only. However we saw another couple walking through an open fence door and we parked there. For the ballfield right next-door. Apparently lots of people were doing that too. All in all a nice lunch experience wish they had more free parking but it worked out with the ballfield parking next-door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning ViewsStefaniaVIPDined on 6/27/2014A great place to dine and enjoy the Hudson views. Food was terrific and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OrdinaryFoodieDined on 6/27/2014We were a party of 5 and we ordered several different apps and entrees. They all proved to be ordinary. The outside dining is lovely but it doesn't make up for the unfriendly hostesses and over priced underachieving food.Special Features:
- on the HudsonJudeDined on 6/24/2014Setting is lovely. It's perfect for a warm summer evening. Tables are spaced far enough apart to facilitate conversation. Food was good. I would have enjoyed more seasoning of the fish choices. They were well prepared but bland. Service was excellent. I would certainly return.Special Features:
- DisappointedDocSteveVIPDined on 6/22/2014Lackadaisical service , watered down drinks , leaden rice balls and a missed opportunity to capitalize on an incredible location, view of the Hudson and a fabulous sunsetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverwhelmedRSS1VIPDined on 6/21/2014Our 8:00 reservation turned into an ordeal, waiting over 90 minutes for our entrées. With the outdoor deck packed on a nice evening, those seated indoors (our party) had to wait and wait and wait for food. Get your act together!Special Features: