259 Xenia Ave
Yellow Springs, OH 45387Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sunrisecafe-ys.com/
- Phone: 9377677211
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch: Monday, Wednesday - Friday: 7:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday, Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Rainey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer our natural/organic cuisine for offsite catering for any meal or finger foods for any gathering.we can accommodate weddings including cakes, rehearsal dinners, graduation parties, etc. etc. Please call the restaurant directly and ask for Brian for details.
- Private Party Facilities: We have access to a separate banquet hall upstairs above the restaurant. Additional rental fee and minimum 3 week notice to secure the room will apply.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Rainey 9377677211
A word from Sunrise Cafe
Natural Cuisine From the Heart. We specialize in world cuisine with local fare. During the growing season we source 90% of our produce from local and organic farms. Year round we carry local organic eggs, cheeses, buffalo, chicken, ground beef, honey, sausage and maple syrup. Whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner we will provide you with the freshest, healthiest and expertly prepared cuisine possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sunrise Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good place, quick and healthy2fordinnerDined on 4/27/2014Good food. Good place for catching up. Good place for preconcert dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/14/2014Met good friends for lunch and had an exceptional experience. The food was excellent and service wonderful. The atmosphere is welcoming and friendly and we were given just enough privacy from our server for us to have great conversations among us. Don't forget to make reservations though. This is a popular location.Special Features:
- Super Awesome eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Awesome food, by a movie theatre, and awesome book stores. What else do you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner DateNJHEMDined on 4/11/2014My girlfriend and I went here for dinner. Friday night but plenty of later night reservations were open. Seated within 5 minutes of arrival. Menu is always changing with the seasons. Started with onion soup and kale salad both with excellent flavor. We additional split the "chef's special" salad which was a conglomeration of greens, bacon remoulade, crab cake, and fresh oranges with great flavor. I had the pork chops which were excellent and well cooked with some of the bacon from above and fresh roasted vegetable. She had the trout risotto which was very rich and well prepared. Finished with the chipotle bread pudding which had excellent flavor though neither of us appreciated a strong chipotle note. Hope to be back soon.Special Features:
- A Dayton area gem in Yellow SpringsmoosepileitDined on 4/6/2014We are happy to drive up to an hour for a good meal. Sunrise Cafe was a solid 5 star meal at a very reasonable price. We chose a Sunday for less crowds. Soups, entrees and desserts were fabulous. Tried a vegan dish and it was every bit satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-free freindlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014I feel comfortable eating at the Sunrise Café. They are attentive to the needs of those with Celiac or gluten sensitivity. Bravo for serving safe, delectable food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible latkes, great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2014Spent a girls night out at this little joint and discovered some amazing food. Not all of it was amazing, but the good stuff was off the charts. The sweet potato latkes with black beans, goat cheese and cranberries were so good that we ordered more to take home. Black bean enchiladas were outstanding with homemade tortillas. The peanut soup was outstanding and the tuscan bean soup was so-so. Salads were good. The balsamic chicken dinner, although well-cooked, was nothing special. Wait staff was fabulous. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!coolspiritDined on 3/21/2014I recently made reservations through Open Table for my birthday party of 5. We had a great booth that was a bit isolated for good conversation, prompt and helpful service, great food! What was best was the ability for all of us with diet restrictions (gluten free, dairy free, vegan) to choose amazing meals off the menu! We were further able to tweak a few things without feeling like a bother! Wonderful dining out experience!Special Features:
- wonderful!delighted23Dined on 3/16/2014This place is great organic, homemade food you can feel good about feeding your family. T h e biscuits are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice addition to the upsjb76Dined on 3/7/2014a nice addition to the up and coming food options in Greene County. A bit shabby in decor but all the important items are there. Do not let the name fool you- it is great for a better meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too disappointed:(hunterDined on 3/5/2014First of all, the food was so greasy and it seemed to me that the spices were poured on the meat and not carefully measured. Second of all, the appearance on the plate...it looked like the cook simply threw the food there and gave it to the waitress and the waitress cared less of how it looked on the plate.
- breakfast pancakesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014my son went to cordon bleu in paris, france and he can't make pancakes as good as sunrise cafeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experience was enjoyableYSOhioDined on 2/28/2014Food selection was great and the bread was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- that special placepeteDined on 2/26/2014Sunrise Cafe is that special place for intimate, quality dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okayAng3lDined on 2/23/2014The brunch food was decent and so was our server. In fact he was good. The hostess was something else. She didn't remember asking us about our reservations 3 different times and seemed very "out there."Special Features:
- First TimersSmilesDined on 2/23/2014This was my first time here and I took my daughter and fiance there for breakfast. We each ordered something different to try and I have to say the lobster pancakes were awesome! Service was excellent. Didn't feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FlareYummyyumsDined on 2/15/2014This little place has wonderful food that is tasty and healthy. You don't have to worry about processed almost qualifies for real food ingredients. The staff is friendly and happy you are there. A must try if you appreciate food that both tastes amazing and makes you feel amazing. I had the kale salad! Yummyyums!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2014My group enjoyed their breakfast and they were always at our table making sure we had plenty of coffee!Special Features:
- Delicious!foodsgoodDined on 2/1/2014The food was absolutely delicious! The bacon marmalade changed my life. The service was really slow, but the restaurant's environment is really enjoyable, so all the sitting-there-and-waiting wasn't terrible. But the food quality more than made up for it. I'm already looking forward to the next time we go there to eat againSpecial Features:
- Sunrise DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014I don't know how they put out such excellent food in such a small place but, I'm glad they do.Special Features:
- Fresh ClassicAlexDined on 2/1/2014This restaurant has values. They make good food with consciousness about the community and the world. Whether you are a veggie or love meat you can find delicious fare for all palettes and preferences with fresh hot herb rolls that keep you coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven experienceluckymomDined on 1/26/2014We went to Sunrise Café during Restaurant Week, so maybe the kitchen was overwhelmed? Appetizers: hummus was great but the chicken and goat cheese taquitos were REALLY flavorless ( meat wasn't "shredded", it was processed to a paste and the wrapper was quite tough). Entrees were VERY good (wagyu steak was tender & rice noodle/black bean/miso bowl was very tasty). Dessert: Chocolate bread pudding was wonderful but the chocolate flourless hazelnut torte was miserably dry and chalky. It could have used the "house whipped cream".... but I didn't get any. Service was pretty slow but we weren't in a hurry. There were people waiting for a table, and we were waiting for our check for quite a while.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great veggie options and serviceluvysDined on 1/19/2014Our Sunday brunch of an amazing veggie scramble with tofu was superb as was our server Sophie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/12/2014Great food, great atmosphere, friendly staff...best place for breakfast/brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations are MeaninglessEmkayDined on 1/12/2014A reservation does not mean anything here and the whole process of putting in your name (or not) is confusing. We waited for over 25 minutes AFTER our reservation and then when eating were rushed to finished, with waitresses trying to quickly bus our table when we still had food on it. I found that process a huge detraction from the good quality of food and the desire to support a local business.Special Features:
- Great litte place for dinnerWizzardDined on 1/9/2014Have been there a few times now and am always astounded with the food and service, but especially the food. The bread and salad at the beginning are outstanding (especially the basil and gorgonzola dressing!), followed by the main course. I've tried a few specials (my partner always get the mac and cheese - and I quote - "To die for") and have never been disappointed. I recommend this little gem of a restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunshine at the SunriseBeckyDined on 1/5/2014Fresh local food in a quaint village full of charm and energy. Owner takes a special interest in his guests, and wait staff is efficient and fun--you may hear them whistling along with the tunes being played. Creative use of ingredients and vegan options are available. Great for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as late-night drinks after viewing a movie at the Little Art, just down the street. Don't miss this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerMeandhimDined on 12/28/2013Got reservations for 10 am and was seated immediately without mentioning the res. I asked the waiter if I really needed the reservation and he said yes. It usually is very busy. On to the food...since it was my first time I went for the traditional breakfast called the fill up I believe. Everything was wonderful. The wheat toast was thick sliced but fresh and soft. The veggie patty and was a surprise for me. I don't have much luck with getting a truly tasty veggie patty but Sunrise nailed it. I am not a vegetarian but will order this again. Eggs and potatoes good. The pancakes and syrup...so good I really only needed those. I ate way too much! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Always has excellent food,Jal123Dined on 12/27/2013Always has excellent food, that is unqiue. Everything is healthy and yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was very cold out and wemimiDined on 12/26/2013it was very cold out and we sat by thedoor and everytime some one came in we froze.Other then that it was great.The servicewas good and food except my soup was cold and they had to warm it upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceDiner2Dined on 12/8/2013I made the reservation on line. We were seated promptly. When we did not reserve table this way we waited over an hour on a Saturday. Food was great as always. The biggest surprise was the tasty Bloody Mary literally garnished with a salad. I have to say that the bacon is scrumptious & order it extra crispy every time. The cafe is one of my new favorite brunch places. I have never been disappointed in the food. I recommend it for all to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great People!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/6/2013We've been for breakfast countless times (they make the BEST pancakes) but this was the spot my hubby wanted to hit for his birthday dinner. Sunrise lived up to expectations! We were greeted by each employee in the dining area. The service was great and the food was excellent. Such a cozy environment and on a cold winters night it felt warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for Organic Food EatersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2013This is a nice non-chain restaurant with very solid organic food options (including organic sodas). My vegan and vegetarians will have a few options as well. The food is quality and service is friendly.Special Features:
- traditionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013My sister and I drive to Yellow Springs once a year from Cincinnati. We discovered the Sunrise Cafe about 10 years ago (?) and we love everything about it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun with foodiesfoodieDined on 11/16/2013Dinner was fantastic. They specialize in local organic, seasonal produce. Our server was not what you would expect for the level and price of the food but we worked with that. Our meals were so delicious that we returned the next morning for an equally delicious breakfast and far better service. We love to cook, grow our own food and rarely dine out because frankly we cook better at home unless you're talking about the Sunrise. We were visiting Yellow Springs for the weekend, if we lived there it would be a regular spot for dining out. Go, you'll love it!Special Features:
- Sunrise Café serves a goodBreakfastDined on 11/10/2013Sunrise Café serves a good breakfast in a quaint restaurant. I really appreciated the convenience of having a table waiting for us upon arrival; especially, after seeing the line of people waiting at the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!TeraDined on 11/10/2013Had a wonderful breakfast with a stellar wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine main course--but dessert?MOGalDined on 11/4/2013We love the Sunrise having gone there for over 20 years. We were given one of the more quiet tables where we could hold conversation, as we had requested. The main dish choices were very good, we all enjoyed our choices. The two different desserts were disappointing. The crust of the ordinary pumpkin pie could not be cut with fork or knife. It was very hard to chew also, and had no flavor. The carmel sauce on the pumpkin bread pudding was so excessively sweet, and full of undissolved sugar crystals, that we dessert and candy lovers could not eat it. The bread pudding itself was delicious.Special Features:
- We all love the awesome pancakes.ConnieDined on 11/3/2013We all love the awesome pancakes. They are light and crispy and served with melted butter and warm syrup. They are to die for! Others had omelets which serve fresh ingredients and are excellent. We love to come to this place. Only problem, you need to make a reservation because it is always crowded. Paul is fantastic and fun to banter with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food reviewtexanDined on 10/26/2013The food looked great but all four in our party mentioned the lack of tastiness: tough steaks, bland tasting mac and cheese, too much oil in the salad dressing, and SALTY scallops. The tomato bisque was great. Most everything else was disappointing.Special Features: