Sung Korean Bistro
700 Elm Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
KoreanPrice: $30 and under
Sung Korean Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sungkoreanbistro.com/
- Phone: 5137217864x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Closed Sunday
Beginning June 1, 2014, we will close at 10:30 PM on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean, Asian
- Executive Chef: Sung J. Oh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Patio & Traditional Room.
- Private Party Contact: Sung J. Oh 513-721-7864x
- Special Events: Have your private party here! We host Wedding Receptions, Holiday Parties, Wine Tasting, Dinner and much more! We have a projector for multiple uses i.e. karaoke, presentations, picture slide show and more.
A word from Sung Korean Bistro
Welcome To Sung Korean Bistro, Cincinnati's finest Korean dining experience. Located at the corner of 7th and Elm Street, Sung Korean Bistro is the home of downtown's premier Korean fare. Our complex flavors and diverse wine & cocktail list set Sung Korean Bistro apart from your ordinary dining experience. Our clean, modern decor and subtle twists on traditional Korean recipes come together to deliver a wonderful meal for you and your family.Continued
We look forward to seeing you soon.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sung Korean Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)special occasion (13)good for groups (12)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (9)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- MehKeithDined on 9/6/2014Service was excellent and very friendly. Appetizers was unique and tasty(seaweed salad). Main course left much to be desired. Pork dinner and a beef dinner over rice. Meat was not cut or cooked in a tasty way. Meat was sliced very thin and more chewy than tender. I had the pork and I think it could gave been better chopped than thin sliced... My wife's beef was bland and a little tough. Overall food -meh. Service very good. Ambiance - very nice.
- Yum!KarenCVIPDined on 9/5/2014I'd sometimes crave Korean food, and this really hit the spot. Started with an original Korean roll - Love it! Then Dolsot Bibimbab - so much food we had plenty for take home for another meal.Special Features:
- Great PlaceKyDinerDined on 8/7/2014Great Selection, Great Food, Great Service, and easy to make reservations online. Ample parking near by.Special Features:
- Hidden GemILuv2EatDined on 8/6/2014This restaurant was a second choice when a local Hibachi restaurant went out of business. The restaurant is a bit out of the way from Fountain Square, but was well worth the walk. Went with a group and received outstanding service. Everyone enjoyed the food and had a good time. Our waiter was very knowledgeable with the food. If you enjoy ethnic food, you should give this restaurant a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- souixDined on 8/4/2014Our FAVORITE restaurant in downtown Cincinnati!!! Always great food & service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Time Korean Food LoverScout4FoodDined on 7/25/2014First visit/new to Cincy. The waiter was outstanding, providing excellent menu explanation and recommendations. Draft beer selection was limited but good, with the Rhinegeist Truth well matched to food. My 21 year old daughter enjoyed the Gimbab, & found it a light, right-sized portion & interesting alternative to Sushi. The Dolsot Bibimbab was very tasty & authentic (stone bowl stayed hot throughout the meal), although the amount of seafood in the "Seafood Special" was a little skimpy. Banchan side dishes were all excellent, particularly the simple Kimchi which was bright, crisp with just the right spiciness. Overall, a very good visit. Price point seems a little high compared to other Asian restaurants in downtown Cincy or OTR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- empty restaurantpaintDined on 7/19/2014food was average. my salted mackerel was extremely dry and unsatisfying despite being well regarded by the server. stick with the rice bowls! sad that there were so few patrons. the wait staff outnumbered the diners on a 7:00 Saturday evening.Special Features:
- Amazing service, good foodReviewerVIPDined on 7/5/2014Our waitress was absolutely fantastic - friendly, not overbearing, thoughtful. The dolsot bimbimbap which is very highly rated is overrated in my mind as the heated stone pot makes the rice far too chewy and dries the dish out. Maybe it's just not to our taste. The stiry fry is 10/10 fantastic. The side dishes that come with the entrees are also wonderful.Special Features:
- Love the neighborhood feelShawnDined on 6/16/2014As a downtown resident, I love visiting Sung and will continue to do so because of the great food and great people.Special Features:
- Delicious and freshlove2trynewthingsDined on 6/11/2014We had a group of 6, 2 of which were fairly picky. The server was excellent and was able to help them choose something they really enjoyed (much to their surprise!). The rest of us absolutely loved the fresh tasting food with a great variety of flavors. The serve was very good...attentive without being obtrusive. We had a great time, sampling various rolls and passing around our entrees, which were all very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindCharlieDined on 6/9/2014We had wonderful meals and service at the Sung Korean Bistro. It was our first time there, but it will be at the top of our list in the future. Our server was very professional and always available but never intrusive. The prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- Best Korean Restaurant in TownKatieDined on 6/7/2014I've been searching for a good Korean restaurant for two years now since I came back from a trip there. This restaurant is the best I've found in the Cincinnati area. The kimchi is delicious and they have a lot of dishes to offer. The kimbap also gets an a+. I'm a college student so the prices are a little rough for me, but with living social, it's easier to eat there. The service is amazing and the waiters are friendly. The overall feel is stylish but laid back which makes the restaurant a good one to go with friends if you're a younger person, however I've seen families and older groups there as well. It's a pretty cool place overall and has delicious food that I will definitely go back for over and over again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 261 reviews are from the Sung Korean Bistro reviews archive.
- Perfect spotBradDined on 5/17/2014Exquisite cocktails and excellent food before a Cincinnati Shakespeare production. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Sung BistromsmithcintiDined on 5/2/2014Sung Korean Bistro is one of our favorite places to dine. The food is always fantastic. The dolsot is the way to go - it is always amazing. Never had bad service here either. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Outstanding service, excellent foodGirlsnightDined on 4/1/2014Had dinner here with friends for a girls night out. The wait staff were helpful and attentive. Dolsot bibimbap was delicious. Cocktails were pricey, but potent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved This Place!CarleyDined on 3/22/2014The food was unbelievable and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Short and SimpleKindleVIPDined on 3/21/2014Nice large atmosphere. Stirfrys are good. Some dishes had more rice than main ingredients. Drink list was interesting. Service was helpful and just the right amount of attention.Special Features:
- good KoreanKateVIPDined on 3/21/2014It's not the best Korean food I've eaten (I have a Korean MIL) but I was pleasantly surprised. Kimchi and gojuchang were sweeter and less spicy than I am used to but probably just right for people not used to Korean food. I was happy that I walked in right before the kitchen closed at the end of lunch and was not rushed at all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceAJLEVDined on 3/20/2014Great food and fun place to eat. The sushi roles are fantastic and the dol sop biminbop is the best I have ever had. One of my favorite places in downtown Cincinnati.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Sung!JennODined on 3/1/2014Sung is one of our absolute favorite restaurants in Cincinnati. I had never tried Korean food before Sung so I wasn't sure what to expect but the Dolsot Bibimbap is phenomenal and became a fast favorite. The traditional floor seating makes for both a cozy, romantic dinner and a special occasion with friends. The wait staff is attentive and personable and we learn a little something new each time we visit. For the many celebrations we've spent at Sung, we've always left happy and satisfied. If you haven't been, you must try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a win!REF2Dined on 3/1/2014I love Sung! I've been for my birthday, on New Year's Eve, for just dinner many times; Sung Korean Bistro never fails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Korean foodhvw54Dined on 2/28/2014we had happy hour, appetizers, and dinner at Sung on a Friday night. Our server, Kim, was delightful, and every bite of our food was great. Order the stone pot dolsot bibimbab -- fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerChachaVIPDined on 2/17/2014The food was great and the service was great! We had the deep fried dumplings. They were soooo good, but rather small. I wish they were bigger for the price. The flavored sake was great and interesting and dinner was really good. I also got "sushi" on the side and it was the best sushi I have ever had.. So flavorful. It was called the Magma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality koreanPhilVIPDined on 2/15/2014I have to admit were not very adventurous when we go to Sung. We almost always order Dolsot Bibimbab, the hot stone rice bowl with veggies and meat. It totally unique and very good. This place is attractive, servers are very friendly and a great place for a change of pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time with good food..JimLevVIPDined on 2/15/2014We went again because we had a good time before... We had 3 couples and all had good food, nice owner and good service... Will be back to try other items...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They sat us at a strange tableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014They sat us at a strange table right by the front door and coat check, and we had to request to be moved. Once we were moved, the experience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Bibmbab and Other WondersJasonDined on 2/14/2014I highly recommend grabbing some tasty food here. Their Bibmbab is outstanding. I really enjoyed it as a date location, Our waitress was excellent and offered many good recommendations through out the night. They have a decent craft beer selection as well which was always nice, If you love Korean food or never had it, try Sung Korean Bistro! Do it for your tummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was able to travel to KoreaAwesomeDined on 2/7/2014I was able to travel to Korea many years ago in the military and had something called yachea mandu. I reviewed the menu here prior to dining and it had a yachea dish and a mandu dish. I was hoping that a Korean restaurant could combine them or advise something comparable. The only reason I went there was to get yachea mandu. The server was clueless as to my request and was not able to explain the menu cleraly. I was frustrated and disappointed in a short amount of time. The food was okay, nothing spectacular, and the prices were reasonable. The service was mediocre and I have no intention of returning.
- Love SungOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014Sung Korean is oura go-to for well-prepared food with warm service and a great atmosphere. It also is an exceptional value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good restaurant.seebDined on 2/1/2014We had a group of 10 and the waitress did a good job taking care of everyone. The food was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid downtown optionchrysscDined on 1/31/2014Food was well done. Menu selections were varied and appealed to a wide palate. The dumpling appetizer (they have both pan fired or steamed options) was very tasty. We both went vegetarian and thoroughly enjoyed the combination of flavors each entree provided. The sweet potato noodles were a pleasant surpise. The presentation of all the plates was well done. Server was attentive and helpful without being intrusive. Overall, a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Bibimbap!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014Food was delicious! For anyone who has never tried Korean food, go here as soon as you can.Special Features:
- A Favorite Downtown Restauant!KarenCVIPDined on 1/23/2014We Love Sung Korean before theater outing and concerts. Wonderful food - the rolls are a MUST - and very accommodating service!Special Features:
- Wonderful Find!New2koreaDined on 1/11/2014We chose this restaurant at the last minute from Open Table. Wonderful evening. Service was great and helpful, although he was not very knowledgeable about the wine list. Will definitely be visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jan&steveJanTDined on 1/4/2014took out of town guests and they immediately loved the place:ambiance, service, and food (and not too loud noise level) make it my fave cinci place. food is reliably top notch. we all loved our orders, and the libations as well. Wish was closer to our Clifton home, but it's the best reason I know to head downtown.Special Features:
- AMAZINGNESSAMAZINGNESSDined on 12/31/2013This place was just amazing. Everything from start to finish was just beyond outstanding! I will defiantly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious, authentic mealKateandAdamDined on 12/31/2013We went to Sung on New Years Eve with my sister in law who is from Korea and was craving home. Everything we ordered was delicious and she said that although the menu was a bit tame for an american palate (didn't have a lot of the "stinkier foods" as she put it!), everything on it was very authentic. We had a lovely meal and talked of making it our NYE tradition.Special Features:
- Korean at it's finestCincyChzDined on 12/28/2013If you have not tried here, put it on the list of must visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special Occasion PlaveBigArtDined on 12/27/2013This place is great. Great food, very Romantic. I would highly recomend it to anyone looking for a fun place to go downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite Downtown Restauant!KarenCVIPDined on 12/7/2013My husband and I tried Sung Korean earlier this year and it's been a favorite ever since. We love going there before concerts and the theater when we're downtown and highly recommend it to friends and family. And the recently introduced Korean rolls - try the Original - are a MUST! My husband never ate rolls before and loves these.