106 S. Swinton Ave.
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sundyhouse.com/
- Phone: 5612725678x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Closed
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Thursday $5 martini, well drinks and house wine. Live. Five dollar drink special 5:00pm to close bar food 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering for cocktail parties, weddings and special events is available.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Sundays.
- Special Events: We offer happy hour at the main bar Tuesday thru Thursday $5 well, $5 house wine, $5 specialty Martini.
A word from Sundy House
The Sundy House Restaurant's stunning interior design and gardens provides an exuberant backdrop from our Chef's gastronomical magic - boasting culinary creations influenced by cultures from around the world. Whether seated outside in the spectacular tropical gardens, or in the elegant dining room, guests will be regaled in fine style!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Sundy House - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
Sundy House reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)romantic (98)great for outdoor dining (97)great for brunch (78)scenic view (76)neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (36)great for lunch (19)kid-friendly (19)notable wine list (14)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- CelebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We were celebrating a special friend's birthday. Sundy House was the perfect spot. It was like dining in our private outside dining with tropical landscape, water features, & birds. Food and srevice excellent. My husband and I spend a weekend here as a gift from our daughter & son-in-law. Couldn't have been a more perfect gift. Plan to stay here. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful afternoonDrgiDined on 8/24/2014Very attractive , comfortable environment with an unbelievable assortment of all food groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Been going for many years and never disappoints. Still talking about the food days later. This time they seated our party to new street-side tables which was too noisy due to traffic. They accommodated us nicely under the gazebo in the gardens. In my opinion the street side seating is too far removed from the ambience of the Sundy House experience. They need to rethink this seating arrangement. I love this place!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I haven't been to the Sundy House since about 7 years ago when my husband proposed to me. It brought back nice memories. First time for brunch and definitely won't be the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch experiencecopre2Dined on 8/17/2014Very interesting and unusual setting. The cold food was kept cold and the hot food was hot. Excellent selection and excellent food. The price is very fair. I missed ice cream in the desert section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settings, delicious foodFaznonDined on 8/13/2014We selected this restaurant to celebrate our first anniversary. At first I was a little worried as we didn't get a live person on the telephone when we were calling to make the reservation. We used opentable, where I left a note asking for a romantic setting for our anniversary. All worries were forgotten when we drove onto the property. My wife actually said "wow." The valet met us at the front and showed us in to the maître d. When told our name, she immediately wished us happy anniversary. We were seated in one of the garden settings that was the epitome of a romantic dinning experience. Our waitress also wished us a happy anniversary. The food was delicious. I ordered a-la-cart and my wife the Prix fixe. Highly recommended. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally under whelmedbergmanteamDined on 8/12/2014I have been here 4 or 5 times before over the last few years and everything was spectacular except for this visit which may very well be my last. I don't know what it was exactly. From the time we entered the restaurant something felt different as if the restaurant was under new management since my last visit many years ago. The building it self didn't seem as pristine a my last visits, the service was terribly sub standard from what I expected and always expect from a restaurant of this caliber. We had to ask for things twice before receiving them, all the women were served after most of the men at the table and two dishes were auctioned off by the food runner( totally unacceptable in a restaurant like this.)Special Features:
- Nicest RestaurantRestauranteurDined on 8/10/2014This was the nicest restaurant I have been to for a long time. It has a unique, classy outdoor jungle setting and is one of the most romantic restaurants we have experienced. They also have indoor seating in a home-like setting. A converted old house, this restaurant is a classic. It is one you will want to take your out of town guests and to meet friends and neighbors for a restaurant with a classic, upscale yet very comfortable flare. The food is great and the people are friendly. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. My wife and I were extremely pleased.Special Features:
- Amazing spread!KookyDined on 8/10/2014The food was not only outstanding, but plentiful. No waiting for any dishes to refill. Our waiter started out grumpy, but lightened up as time went by. I even overheard him talking to the table next to us and he was quite sarcastic. The mimosa's didn't flow quickly - kinda had to wave them down. HOWEVER, the food and ambiance is worth any minor aggrevation.Special Features:
- 5 starlovedDined on 8/9/2014Loved the ambiance, the food and the service. We had children with us they loved loved it as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic setting in abundancediningdelightsDined on 8/8/2014What a gem! We finally ventured from our neighborhood & drove to Delray to try the Sundy house. WHAT a romantic detting! There is indoor and outdoor dining and the grounds are stunning at dusk to wander hand in hand. The scallops were cooked exactly as I prefer, my husband throughly enjoyed the lamb chops, and he professed the red velvet cake to be the best ever. We will definitely return and have added the Sundy house to our "favorites" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cult Favorite - Go HungryN45STVIPDined on 8/3/2014This place was highly recommended by a local. We arrived early and it seemed as though they had a lot of 1pm brunch reservations and the place was filling up. It took quite a long time to get a table and the front desk was flustered and disorganized. But they gave us champagne while we waited, and did apologize. It is a huge buffet so bring your appetite. For us the food choices were overwhelming and we did not want to eat that much, but everything was excellent and super fresh. This is clearly a really popular place in a lovely setting and filled with regulars. When the check came, the hostess had taken 20% off our bill for the waiting time. We were impressed.Special Features:
- Usually A Good BetJfishDined on 8/2/2014Sundy House always has a nice atmosphere and excellent service. In the past I've never ordered anything that wasn't outstanding until this time. I had the lamb chops, for $39 dollars they were sub par. My wife ordered the scollops and they were excellent. We will still go back but I will stay with the seafood side of the menu.Special Features:
- Incredible Space and ServiceEthanDined on 8/2/2014Sundy house is one of the more beautiful restaurants in which I've had the pleasure to eat. The service matched the ambiance in that it was also exceptional. The food was good but not nearly as memorable - with the exception of the lemon layer cake for dessert. I'd go back for a special occasion but not just for the food.Special Features:
- SusieSouthFLDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had a very enjoyable evening with delicious food, good recommendations by our server and a lovely view of their lush gardens out the window. My husband had the fish (mahi mahi) and I had lamb chops. Both of us thought the food was excellent. The desserts were heavenly. I had a wonderful trifle-type dessert made of a thin layer of cake, raspberry filling and lemon mousse. My husband had a decadent chocolate cake. After dinner we walked around the gardens before leaving. I would recommend Sundy House to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant -great settingMVPinBoyntonDined on 7/29/2014We had been to Sundy House many years ago and enjoyed it, so when we had to pick a place for our 25th anniversary dinner, it was an easy choice. We love the beautiful tropical garden area with large fish pond. We were given a table with a great view of the gardens. My wife got the calamari for an appetizer. It was extremely good and a large enough portion for both of us. I had ordered the wedge salad, which was different from the standard wedge with blue cheese; but it was also quite good. We both ordered the Porterhouse Lamb-chops. Just outstanding! They were just over 2 inches thick and perfectly prepared. The mixed vegetable with roast potato accompaniment was prepared differently and was very good. It was a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BrunchBCDaleyVIPDined on 7/27/2014Sundy House is off trendy Atlantic Ave in Delray Beach, a historic old home being used as a B&B and restaurant. The Sunday brunch was excellent, with a myriad of different food stations (salads and cheese, pastas, fish and rice, eggs benedict, omelet station, carving station, etc., along with make-your-own bloody mary bar and bottomless champagne/bellini pours. It was hot and humid so we stayed inside, but the seating out in the gardens looked lovely, and would be charming on a cooler day. The brunch was expensive, not sure how the cost compares with The Breakers, but the ambiance and food were very nice.Special Features:
- Extremely SatisfiedluvgoodfoodDined on 7/23/2014Several of my friends over the years have recommended Sundy House. I was so glad to finally be able to go. I absolutely loved it! The scallop dinner was the best I've ever had and the service was wonderful. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Better optionsCC70VIPDined on 7/20/2014I never complain about price for a place. Because a person should know going in... But the service and experience just don't meet expectation of that price. Carving station was good... That's about it. Go to Tryst. Cheaper. Bottomless bloody Mary's mimosas. Amazing food.
- Sunday Brunch at Sundy HouseJudyLDined on 7/20/2014BEAUTIFUL setting, courteous and attentive staff, wonderful food presentation and a very nice Bloody Mary Bar set -up are all positives. However, we did feel it was very overpriced for what was offered.($143 for two, gratuity included).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/20143couples came for Saturday brunch and we all enjoyed the beautiful gardens. Our service was wonderful and the food was outstanding. The only thing I was disappointed in was the lack of foods to choose from. This was our 1st experience with your Saturday brunch. I was expecting it to be more like your Sunday brunch. That brunch is never disappointing. Of course, the Saturday brunch is more affordable and lends itself to more times to visit. All in all, it was wonderful. Could you please let me know about your Christmas plans. I will have visitors and would like to treat them to your fabulous restaurant. Thank you for a wonderful timeSpecial Features:
- an oasis in Delray BeachFloridianVIPDined on 7/18/2014Beautiful, historic property that just changed owners. Let's hope they continue to "up" their game. Few diners on Friday night, enjoying the peace and quiet and the well priced 3 course summer menu. Brought our son and his fiance for her birthday, and the experience was perfect. Although there was a wedding on property, we wouldn't have know it unless the hostess had told us. Because there are multiple rooms with different character, and beautiful outdoor spaces, this would be a lovely place for a group lunch or dinner. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired and TerriblegolfgirlDined on 7/15/2014Returning to Sundy House after many years was so disappointing. The building was tired and the food was so poor. My plank salmon was dry but edible but the zucchini "fritter" was soggy and bland and the cous cous was sticky and had no flavor. My husband's dinner had truffle fries that tasted so strong he was scrubbing the flavor off his tongue later that night. Our waitress was very efficient but kept saying "Okay" to everything- a bit weird!
- BirthdayPinaDined on 7/13/20144 women .......All the way from NY for a friends birthday.......great place great food and service...........I will defenatly come back to this restaurant with my boyfriend ......thank youSpecial Features:
- unbelievableaaflyersrduDined on 7/13/2014found it based on reviews love the ambiance love the food especially the crab legs what a wonderful brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent FoodFoodiDined on 7/13/2014You can choose from many food stations, from the seafood station, eggs station, carving station to ice cream station and a few more that I can't remember. The mimosas were great and the music was pleasant. I will definitely recommend it for Sunday's brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!RoeFDined on 7/12/2014Went for Sat brunch! Excellent! Haven't been for Sun brunch but thought the selections were good with a nice variety! Service was attentive. However, there was a charge to have valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014Romantic, superb food and outstanding service ! The best in Delray !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sundy House shinesMike23Dined on 7/6/2014So often a restaurant will build a reputation only to sit back and relax and rest on their fame. Not so with Sundy House. Their food is always exciting and innovative , and always fresh. Service is excellent with attention to detail without feeling any pressure. We actually took a break between courses to enjoy the gardens (which is a must, even if you've visited before) Not inexpensive by any means, but so worth the extra. Will definatley be back again, and again.....and again.Special Features:
- Best Brunch EverKathyVIPDined on 7/6/2014I couldn't ask for anything more. All of the food was prepared beautifully and there were so many delicious things to choose from. Best all-around brunch anywhere.Special Features:
- Saturday BrunchDelrayDinerDined on 7/5/2014I do not recommend the Saturday brunch. I have been to the Sunday brunch, it is fantastic. The Saturday brunch was a huge disappointment. There were very few items on the buffet and the only meat offering was roasted pork. I have never been to a brunch that had no bacon. I have always enjoyed this restaurant but was disappointed with the Saturday brunch. It was not what I expected by the advertisement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but long long waitNewOrleansgalDined on 7/3/2014The gardens are beautiful and where we take our family pictures every year. Food is great also . However it took way over an hour to get our meals. The service is usually very slow but the other night it was ridiculous. They weren't extremely busy so not sure what the issue was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for BrunchrainyDined on 6/29/2014Service was outstanding. Place is very nice. Only complaint was the crab legs which we come mainly for. They were like cardboard and very salty. All else was perfect and wonderful.Special Features:
- Lovely place for brunch!Foodie2227Dined on 6/29/2014We enjoyed the food and ambience very much. Our service could have been better based on the type of establishment and the price of our brunch, but other than that it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious.Aura58VIPDined on 6/28/2014What a beautiful place nestled in between the very busy Atlantic Ave. food and ambiance great!Special Features:
- Enjoyable ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014We had the summer special which is a 3 course dinner for $35. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. The was a nice variety to choose from. We sat outside in the gazebo surrounded by beautiful landscaping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serene atmosphere ruinedjustbeinghonestVIPDined on 6/24/2014What is the point of having a beautifully romantic outdoor setting if you are going to seat very large and loud groups of people to ruin it for everyone else?
- Food was excellentNnGBdinersDined on 6/24/2014Sundy House was a great choice for our 10th anniversary. The ambience was very romantic. We were seated in a gazebo where we had privacy. Our meal was devine. We had mussels for appetizer then our entrees included the sea scallops and the pork chop. Both entrees were huge and both were delicious. Our server was a little slow plus it took 20 minutes before we finally found her to ask for our check. Otherwise, the dinner was great. We will definitely go back and I recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced BrunchMrDaveDined on 6/22/2014Planned a nice relaxing Sunday brunch at the Sundy House and was really looking forward to it but was rather disappointed with the food. It is very overpriced, mediocre food at best. Can do better at home. However, the property is stunning, serene and relaxing. We were told you could use the pool but there weren't any chairs. Got the feeling it wasn't really encouraged. If we do go back, it will be for cocktails and appetizers only.
- Sundylovin'Luv2boutDined on 6/21/2014As always we love Sundy House from the moment we step out of our car and hand over the keys to valet, to walking through the endless beautiful gardens, Ponds and walkways. The incredible Mango tree greets you right outside of the magnificent bar to an endless secret garden. The food was delightful and presented beautifully. Saturdays are usually reserved for weddings so some of the gardens and walkways are not available to use. The menu is quite expensive, the portion size is medium but overall a great experience and if you're looking for a romantic getaway, this is it!Special Features: