106 S. Swinton Ave.
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sundyhouse.com/
- Phone: 5612725678x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Closed
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Thursday $5 martini, well drinks and house wine. Live. Five dollar drink special 5:00pm to close bar food 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering for cocktail parties, weddings and special events is available.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Sundays.
- Special Events: We offer happy hour at the main bar Tuesday thru Thursday $5 well, $5 house wine, $5 specialty Martini.
A word from Sundy House
The Sundy House Restaurant's stunning interior design and gardens provides an exuberant backdrop from our Chef's gastronomical magic - boasting culinary creations influenced by cultures from around the world. Whether seated outside in the spectacular tropical gardens, or in the elegant dining room, guests will be regaled in fine style!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Sundy House - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
Sundy House reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (89)special occasion (88)great for outdoor dining (86)great for brunch (74)scenic view (71)neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (38)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (8)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- NEVER DISAPPOINTS!RCTJCTDined on 9/28/2014Once again we brought guests for dinner and they were over the moon with the gorgeous setting in the heart of Del Ray. The hospitality was special and the food outstanding . They are making room reservations there as a gift for their son's anniversary they were so impressed Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Excellent for brunch, this. Place is really amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemParadigmVIPDined on 9/27/2014An awesome restaurant. The food Is delicious and the service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet CelebrationWiseOldOwlDined on 9/27/2014A great place to relax and celebrate life, love and new opportunities. Excellent outdoor dining options, with quiet tables for 2, 4 or small groups, secluded among a variety of tropical plants and garden setting. Although the menu was not extensive, the food (filet mignon, snapper special) and service were very good, and the wine and martinis were excellent. One of the nicest restaurants in South FL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience...May111228Dined on 9/21/2014It was my first time visiting. I was referred by a co-worker and I would recommend this place to any and every one. What an amazing experience. We were seated immediately upon arrival. The view in the garden area is absolutely stunning and so well kept. Staff is all very helpful, smiling consistently and overall outstanding. The service was prompt at all times. Eevrything is clean and very organized. Thinking about taking a wedding tour there, because my significant other and I loved it that much...it would definitely be a great spot for our wedding.Special Features:
- AwfulLove2dineDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I were excited to try Sundy House due to all of the positive reviews. However, after ordering our meal, it took over an hour for them to bring the main course. The service was spotty at best. Most importantly, the chicken dish (at us$26 or $28) arrived not completely cooked. Additionally, the portion was roughly 3 ounces. Although after sending it back, and the manager apologizing, you would have thought that they would send over a complimentary dessert, or drink. Nothing. I would not recommend this restaurant. There are too many good restaurants in Delray to choose from.
- AMAZING HIDDEN GEM!FoodAficionadoDined on 9/16/2014Sundy House is an incredibly picturesque experience. In addition to excellent cuisine - everything fresh, quite plentiful and beautifully cooked -- this restaurant offers a unique ambiance. It is special as much money and good taste was put into creating the sense of being in a jungle - not what you would expect in the middle of Delray. Going there is always a special treat and at the moment, they have a wonderful fixed price dinner, 3 courses, for $35 every night but Saturday.Special Features:
- MaryDined on 9/14/2014Everything was fresh great crab legs and oysters, honey chicken off the chartsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the bestmikeVIPDined on 9/14/2014if your elooking to splurge, this is def the place to do it at!!! best brunch ive ever hadSpecial Features:
- Great overall experienceSilverGatorDined on 9/14/2014Went for brunch and had a fantastic time. There are a great variety of items and every one of them was delicious. The desserts could use some improvement, but there is little room for sweets after sampling all of the savory offerings. Terrific atmosphere, food and service. A must-go if you've never been before.Special Features:
- b-day celebrationBoca1Dined on 9/11/2014The food was excellent, I'm glad I chose the Sundy house for by boyfriend's b-day dinner celebration. Staff was very attentive and the experience was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a perfect romantic placeINoticeTheDetailsDined on 9/9/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary in the back garden at The Sundy House...it was simply perfect!...the ambience amidst the Amazonian jungle was devine, the evening luckily was heavenly for weather, and it was completely uncrowded...I had a salad and the grilled chicken with broccoli rabe and fingerling potatoes.....part of the summer special that was $35 for 3 courses...all was great...I ordered gelato for dessert and it came with loads of berries...yummy!...My husband's dishes were also very tasty...I would highly recommend this place for an outdoor special experience...in the garden only, as I did not experience the inside at all...I would love to take all my guests there too...I hope your experience is as special as our was...Special Features:
- AmazingveneixDined on 9/7/2014Truly a great experience. Make sure to explore the Sundy House grounds! Service met my expectations, but did not blow me away.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Our waiter was untrained and quite frankly, would have been more suited being a bus person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014I was impressed with the overall surroundings. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LeslieDined on 8/31/2014Beautiful setting, awesome food, high price but worth it once a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or missStreetDined on 8/31/2014Don't get me wrong when this place is good it's great. My last experience seemed to have poor service. Specifically really slow to refill drink, had to ask up to three times once. They saw us eating the crab legs and didn't bring an extra bowl or the little for like the previous 5 times I've been there. Food variety wasn't that appealing this time But that might be a matter of opinion. Either way like I said when this place is good it's a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!shytownDined on 8/30/2014I felt like a tourist in my own town....it was beautiful and the food was fab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebratingHappyBirthdayDined on 8/29/2014We were celebrating a special friend's birthday. Sundy House was the perfect spot. It was like dining in our private outside dining with tropical landscape, water features, & birds. Food and srevice excellent. My husband and I spend a weekend here as a gift from our daughter & son-in-law. Couldn't have been a more perfect gift. Plan to stay here. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful afternoonDrgiDined on 8/24/2014Very attractive , comfortable environment with an unbelievable assortment of all food groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointednitram1010Dined on 8/24/2014It took forever to get attention from our server throughout and took another 20 min. to get the bill. He came back 15 minutes later and had only charged my card $29, 20 minutes later he comes back with the correct charge. As we were walking through their garden afterwards, 15 minutes later, he chases us down and states that he only ran my card for a pre-authorization and wanted to run the card again. I showed him my bank account showing that $300 was processed and if he ran it again it would hold another $300. Manager came out, took the bill to handle it. After he didn't come back, I found him 20 minutes later and he had fixed it but didn't come tell us. Go to Valet, and they had lost my car keys. There went another 20 min.Special Features:
- ReneeDined on 8/24/2014Been going for many years and never disappoints. Still talking about the food days later. This time they seated our party to new street-side tables which was too noisy due to traffic. They accommodated us nicely under the gazebo in the gardens. In my opinion the street side seating is too far removed from the ambience of the Sundy House experience. They need to rethink this seating arrangement. I love this place!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Sunday BrunchdelrayfoodieDined on 8/24/2014The Sunday brunch was very good. Make sure to go with a big appetite! They have excellent mimosas and bloody mary's as well as a large array of food options. We were there for almost 2 hours just enjoying the music and the food. I would go again without a DOUBT. But as I said, make sure you go with a big appetite to get the best bite for your buck!Special Features:
- Always a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I haven't been to the Sundy House since about 7 years ago when my husband proposed to me. It brought back nice memories. First time for brunch and definitely won't be the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch experiencecopre2Dined on 8/17/2014Very interesting and unusual setting. The cold food was kept cold and the hot food was hot. Excellent selection and excellent food. The price is very fair. I missed ice cream in the desert section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settings, delicious foodFaznonDined on 8/13/2014We selected this restaurant to celebrate our first anniversary. At first I was a little worried as we didn't get a live person on the telephone when we were calling to make the reservation. We used opentable, where I left a note asking for a romantic setting for our anniversary. All worries were forgotten when we drove onto the property. My wife actually said "wow." The valet met us at the front and showed us in to the maître d. When told our name, she immediately wished us happy anniversary. We were seated in one of the garden settings that was the epitome of a romantic dinning experience. Our waitress also wished us a happy anniversary. The food was delicious. I ordered a-la-cart and my wife the Prix fixe. Highly recommended. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally under whelmedbergmanteamDined on 8/12/2014I have been here 4 or 5 times before over the last few years and everything was spectacular except for this visit which may very well be my last. I don't know what it was exactly. From the time we entered the restaurant something felt different as if the restaurant was under new management since my last visit many years ago. The building it self didn't seem as pristine a my last visits, the service was terribly sub standard from what I expected and always expect from a restaurant of this caliber. We had to ask for things twice before receiving them, all the women were served after most of the men at the table and two dishes were auctioned off by the food runner( totally unacceptable in a restaurant like this.)Special Features:
- Nicest RestaurantRestauranteurDined on 8/10/2014This was the nicest restaurant I have been to for a long time. It has a unique, classy outdoor jungle setting and is one of the most romantic restaurants we have experienced. They also have indoor seating in a home-like setting. A converted old house, this restaurant is a classic. It is one you will want to take your out of town guests and to meet friends and neighbors for a restaurant with a classic, upscale yet very comfortable flare. The food is great and the people are friendly. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. My wife and I were extremely pleased.Special Features:
- Amazing spread!KookyDined on 8/10/2014The food was not only outstanding, but plentiful. No waiting for any dishes to refill. Our waiter started out grumpy, but lightened up as time went by. I even overheard him talking to the table next to us and he was quite sarcastic. The mimosa's didn't flow quickly - kinda had to wave them down. HOWEVER, the food and ambiance is worth any minor aggrevation.Special Features:
- 5 starlovedDined on 8/9/2014Loved the ambiance, the food and the service. We had children with us they loved loved it as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic setting in abundancediningdelightsDined on 8/8/2014What a gem! We finally ventured from our neighborhood & drove to Delray to try the Sundy house. WHAT a romantic detting! There is indoor and outdoor dining and the grounds are stunning at dusk to wander hand in hand. The scallops were cooked exactly as I prefer, my husband throughly enjoyed the lamb chops, and he professed the red velvet cake to be the best ever. We will definitely return and have added the Sundy house to our "favorites" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cult Favorite - Go HungryN45STVIPDined on 8/3/2014This place was highly recommended by a local. We arrived early and it seemed as though they had a lot of 1pm brunch reservations and the place was filling up. It took quite a long time to get a table and the front desk was flustered and disorganized. But they gave us champagne while we waited, and did apologize. It is a huge buffet so bring your appetite. For us the food choices were overwhelming and we did not want to eat that much, but everything was excellent and super fresh. This is clearly a really popular place in a lovely setting and filled with regulars. When the check came, the hostess had taken 20% off our bill for the waiting time. We were impressed.Special Features:
- Usually A Good BetJfishDined on 8/2/2014Sundy House always has a nice atmosphere and excellent service. In the past I've never ordered anything that wasn't outstanding until this time. I had the lamb chops, for $39 dollars they were sub par. My wife ordered the scollops and they were excellent. We will still go back but I will stay with the seafood side of the menu.Special Features:
- Incredible Space and ServiceEthanDined on 8/2/2014Sundy house is one of the more beautiful restaurants in which I've had the pleasure to eat. The service matched the ambiance in that it was also exceptional. The food was good but not nearly as memorable - with the exception of the lemon layer cake for dessert. I'd go back for a special occasion but not just for the food.Special Features:
- SusieSouthFLDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had a very enjoyable evening with delicious food, good recommendations by our server and a lovely view of their lush gardens out the window. My husband had the fish (mahi mahi) and I had lamb chops. Both of us thought the food was excellent. The desserts were heavenly. I had a wonderful trifle-type dessert made of a thin layer of cake, raspberry filling and lemon mousse. My husband had a decadent chocolate cake. After dinner we walked around the gardens before leaving. I would recommend Sundy House to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant -great settingMVPinBoyntonDined on 7/29/2014We had been to Sundy House many years ago and enjoyed it, so when we had to pick a place for our 25th anniversary dinner, it was an easy choice. We love the beautiful tropical garden area with large fish pond. We were given a table with a great view of the gardens. My wife got the calamari for an appetizer. It was extremely good and a large enough portion for both of us. I had ordered the wedge salad, which was different from the standard wedge with blue cheese; but it was also quite good. We both ordered the Porterhouse Lamb-chops. Just outstanding! They were just over 2 inches thick and perfectly prepared. The mixed vegetable with roast potato accompaniment was prepared differently and was very good. It was a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BrunchBCDaleyVIPDined on 7/27/2014Sundy House is off trendy Atlantic Ave in Delray Beach, a historic old home being used as a B&B and restaurant. The Sunday brunch was excellent, with a myriad of different food stations (salads and cheese, pastas, fish and rice, eggs benedict, omelet station, carving station, etc., along with make-your-own bloody mary bar and bottomless champagne/bellini pours. It was hot and humid so we stayed inside, but the seating out in the gardens looked lovely, and would be charming on a cooler day. The brunch was expensive, not sure how the cost compares with The Breakers, but the ambiance and food were very nice.Special Features:
- Extremely SatisfiedluvgoodfoodDined on 7/23/2014Several of my friends over the years have recommended Sundy House. I was so glad to finally be able to go. I absolutely loved it! The scallop dinner was the best I've ever had and the service was wonderful. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Better optionsCC70VIPDined on 7/20/2014I never complain about price for a place. Because a person should know going in... But the service and experience just don't meet expectation of that price. Carving station was good... That's about it. Go to Tryst. Cheaper. Bottomless bloody Mary's mimosas. Amazing food.
- Sunday Brunch at Sundy HouseJudyLDined on 7/20/2014BEAUTIFUL setting, courteous and attentive staff, wonderful food presentation and a very nice Bloody Mary Bar set -up are all positives. However, we did feel it was very overpriced for what was offered.($143 for two, gratuity included).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.