106 S. Swinton Ave.
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sundyhouse.com/
- Phone: (561) 272-5678
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Closed
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Thursday $5 martini, well drinks and house wine. Live. Five dollar drink special 5:00pm to close bar food 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering for cocktail parties, weddings and special events is available.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Sundays.
- Special Events: We offer happy hour at the main bar Tuesday thru Thursday $5 well, $5 house wine, $5 specialty Martini.
A word from Sundy House
The Sundy House Restaurant's stunning interior design and gardens provides an exuberant backdrop from our Chef's gastronomical magic - boasting culinary creations influenced by cultures from around the world. Whether seated outside in the spectacular tropical gardens, or in the elegant dining room, guests will be regaled in fine style!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Sundy House - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
Sundy House reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)romantic (98)great for outdoor dining (97)great for brunch (84)scenic view (69)neighborhood gem (58)fit for foodies (46)good for groups (38)great for lunch (23)hot spot (12)late-night find (11)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Avesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Our annual visit with always new friends, so they learn to know the place. Everybody has been very surprised for the food and everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing outdoor locationnicolasVIPDined on 11/15/2014Very nice restaurant, good food, good service, and beautiful outdoor seating, you feel you are in the forest and city at the same time, very quiet, and relaxing. Romantic as it best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rannggersDined on 11/9/2014took our friends for sunday brunch... they were overwhelmed. outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014From the food to the ambience, it was amazing. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- KAS1VIPDined on 11/8/2014Spectacular setting for fine dining. Service was very attentive and food was really quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014I have been going to the sundy house for 10 years off and on and always loved the experience. I was very dissapointed to find that it has changed completely. The food was greasy and sub par, service was poor except for the busbo,.who was far better than the waiter, quality has gone way done.Iwill not be back till things improve.
- WestchesterVIPDined on 11/7/2014A wonderful evening. Weather was perfect. Sitting outdoors beautiful and meal was prepared to perfection as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like familyGraniaDined on 11/6/2014Excellent food and many great choices from the bar. Whether you relax outside in the beautiful garden or inside in one of the dining rooms, you are in for a treat. We go at least once a week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodiDined on 11/2/2014Their Sunday brunch it's absolutely delicious, they have a big variety of food, from eggs to crab legs and the endless mimosas, oh my!! I will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingallthebestDined on 10/30/2014Not only was this a fabulous outdoor venue, but my dinner was one of the top 5 meals I have ever had! Exceptional chef and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryromanticDined on 10/26/2014This is my first time returning to Sundy House. The setting is as wonderful as it was in 1999 when I was married in the gazebo. The only thing I didn't get to see were the rooms in the back where we were the first to stay there with the bed hooked to the ceiling. Once again, thanks for the great serviceSpecial Features:
- Always specialSoSadDined on 10/26/2014This was our second visit to Sundy House and it was better then I remember. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- ParadiseDIVODined on 10/26/2014We had dinner before at the restaurant last year, but the Brunch experience was superior. We felt we were away at some Caribbean destination. The Duo was playing awesome Jazz and some Bossa Nova. They are GREAT. My wife was very pleased for the wonderful and stress free afternoon. We plan to invite our close friends and preferred clients at different time for brunch to say THANK YOU and share unforgettable afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rockelRockelDined on 10/25/2014Sat. 10/25 we booked Sundy House specifically for their beautiful atmosphere. We had friends in from Ohio, and thought they would love dining in their outside gardens. We requested an outside table on our online reservation. When they called to confirm we reiterated we only wanted to sit outside. They promised they would "try" to accommodate us. As exquisite as their outside is, the inside to us is cold. When we arrived, the hostess said our INSIDE table was ready. We complained and the manager said she would seat us next outside. An HOUR later finally sat us. The food was ok, but at this point we would have eaten cardboard. No apologies or comped drinks or desserts were offered. Unfortunately they lost a customer...Special Features:
- Neat place. Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I requested a round table for 6 and confirmed twice as this dinner was for my Mom's birthday. On arrival we were seated at a rectangular table in the main walkway. We then moved to a rectangular table next to the service station. We ordered cocktails which took over 45min to get. Salads came out before any drinks! The explanation from the staff was that there was a wedding and a large birthday party and they could not handle the volume. They advised ordering two drinks at a time to avoid gaps. Two people at the table wanted a cheeseburger but they were sold out. One person was on a diet and waiting for the burger to splurge so was very disappointed. They also ran out of candles so brought a bic lighter to blow out instead!!
- TuchasVIPDined on 10/19/2014Dining predictably enjoyable.mandatory service charge over 20% deplorable !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch on the planetMimosaLoverDined on 10/19/2014My wife and I travel extensively and Sundy House has one of the best brunch experiences we have ever encountered. Sit outside for a wonderfully romantic setting.Special Features:
- Wonderful for a special occasionPippaDined on 10/19/2014Situated on an unassuming neighbourhood street, the restaurant opens out into a tropical garden with tables dotted around underneath a canopy of green. Even on s warm day, the ponds and fountains help the surroundings feel cool. Go on a Sunday and the buffet spreads across three rooms from a raw bar to an omelette station, to roasts, waffles, salads, cheese platters, desserts and even an ice cream sundae bar. The food is beautifully displayed and delicious. There is an endless supply of mimosas and bloody Mary's to accompany your endless trips to the buffet tables! Live music on a Sunday can be a mixed blessing (we were sat right next to the band and at times it was hard to hear the conversation over the noise) but nothing beats outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemFoodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Magnificent outdoor dining Great service & food Great place to go RomanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGmanDined on 10/16/2014We have been going to Sundy House for our anniversary for 9 years. This was the first time after all this time that we were disappointed at both the menu and the actual food. Still ok, but just ok. Did not impress this time around. Will not stop us from going in the future, as the the service and the environment remain outstanding.Special Features:
- DisappointingTTLBLVIPDined on 10/16/2014Have wanted to try Sundy House for a long time, but could not get reservation until this weekend. When we entered the garden area and were seated we were so impressed with the unique ambiance. We ordered salads to start...very good. The menu was very unexciting, did not meet our expectations. We ordered from a somewhat limited, uncreative selection. My husband ordered short ribs. The dish was swimming with mushrooms, hard to find meat. Since he doesn't like mushrooms, it was very disappointing. He left more than half of the plate. I orderd seared tuna....very ordinary. Having anticipated a unique dining experience, we were very unimpressed.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinnerAnniversarierDined on 10/12/2014The week prior we went to Morton's in West Palm Beach for our anniversary dinner. Sundy's Filet Mignon is far superior, melting in our mouths. The outdoor lush garden dining was romantic and the staff was very friendly. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!pickyeaterDined on 10/12/2014This is one of the best brunches in the area! We have eaten at the Ritz, the Marriott, and several others, this is really a special place.Special Features:
- Absolutely beautiful place to dineBocaGuyDined on 10/8/2014If you have a special occasion or just want a quiet meal in an incredibly beautiful setting Sundy House is the place. The pictures of the grounds don't adequately capture just how amazing they are. This is one of those places that the meal is just a really good excuse to enjoy and outstanding venue.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceKenWDined on 10/5/2014The Sundy House is a beautiful setting for any occasion with excellent food and lovely ambience. It is a very popular place, but because we dined on a Sunday night the restaurant was peaceful and serene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunchBigeyessmallbellyDined on 10/5/2014We have been here a couple of times for Sunday Brunch. The selection is wonderful and the service is great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavenly!Pugmom61VIPDined on 10/5/2014Absolutely beautiful, especially the magical outdoor seating. Wonderful brunch, friendly and professional service. The buffet was plentiful, always fresh and fantastic. Love love love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Ehhh.....RayGVIPDined on 10/5/2014The service some how for a buffet was exceptionally poor....We were left waiting in the cramped area by the front door for about 20 mins, even though we had a reservation. We were finally sat and waited again for about 15 mins for the waiter to come over and take out DRINK order. All, this happened when the restaurant first opened so it wasn't even busy yet!The food is ok but not worth the $65-70 they charge for Sunday brunch.
- Excellent food in a special placeFoodlover74Dined on 10/4/2014Every last bite of each course was delicious. Great service and a lovely environment. Perfect for that special romantic evening or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed AtmosphereLuvthisplaceDined on 10/4/2014Love the Sundy House. My wife and I head here any time we have a special night out with other couples. The filet is awesome. The casual setting inside or out is unique and very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VioletMamaDined on 10/4/2014Food at the Sunday House is very good, the atmosphere is excellent, especially outside. I've dined here once before and the service the first time was great, but this time I'd say it was only mediocre. Our server was very nice, no doubt, but very slow (I had to get up 3x from the table to get him) and we asked for separate checks at the end of our meal and he told us he could not because we asked too late. I've been a waitress for 20+ years and I know that when I ring in food I keep track of who had what just in case the table asks for separate checks. 2 of the people with us did not drink so we couldn't just throw all our cards in and divide it evenly, otherwise we would have done that. The check was $634. Again he was at least very nice.Special Features:
- Great space, slow serviceLordBoyntonVIPDined on 10/4/2014This was our first visit to Sunday House. It is a charming locale, as you can tell from their website. We had dinner for 4 on a Saturday night in October, so not prime season for Florida. There was a small wedding party in one of the rooms, which may be the reason that our service was slow and not very polished. Our waiter was unfamiliar with the wine list and had to fetch someone who was, and once we had chosen a bottle it took a long time before it was delivered. We had been there 50 minutes before a basket of bread appeared on our table. The food was all tasty and well-prepared, so we will try them again in the hope that our first experience was not typical.Special Features:
- Wife's 49th birthdayGatorBullVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great service. Greeted with a "Happy birthday " at the hostess stand. Exceptional food as always. Very talented waiter sang happy birthday (great voice ) when presenting desert. Nothing special was requested. Everything was the restaurants doing. You can't ask for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER DISAPPOINTS!RCTJCTDined on 9/28/2014Once again we brought guests for dinner and they were over the moon with the gorgeous setting in the heart of Del Ray. The hospitality was special and the food outstanding . They are making room reservations there as a gift for their son's anniversary they were so impressed Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAngieDined on 9/28/2014Excellent for brunch, this. Place is really amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemParadigmVIPDined on 9/27/2014An awesome restaurant. The food Is delicious and the service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet CelebrationWiseOldOwlDined on 9/27/2014A great place to relax and celebrate life, love and new opportunities. Excellent outdoor dining options, with quiet tables for 2, 4 or small groups, secluded among a variety of tropical plants and garden setting. Although the menu was not extensive, the food (filet mignon, snapper special) and service were very good, and the wine and martinis were excellent. One of the nicest restaurants in South FL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience...May111228Dined on 9/21/2014It was my first time visiting. I was referred by a co-worker and I would recommend this place to any and every one. What an amazing experience. We were seated immediately upon arrival. The view in the garden area is absolutely stunning and so well kept. Staff is all very helpful, smiling consistently and overall outstanding. The service was prompt at all times. Eevrything is clean and very organized. Thinking about taking a wedding tour there, because my significant other and I loved it that much...it would definitely be a great spot for our wedding.Special Features:
- AwfulLove2dineDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I were excited to try Sundy House due to all of the positive reviews. However, after ordering our meal, it took over an hour for them to bring the main course. The service was spotty at best. Most importantly, the chicken dish (at us$26 or $28) arrived not completely cooked. Additionally, the portion was roughly 3 ounces. Although after sending it back, and the manager apologizing, you would have thought that they would send over a complimentary dessert, or drink. Nothing. I would not recommend this restaurant. There are too many good restaurants in Delray to choose from.
- AMAZING HIDDEN GEM!FoodAficionadoDined on 9/16/2014Sundy House is an incredibly picturesque experience. In addition to excellent cuisine - everything fresh, quite plentiful and beautifully cooked -- this restaurant offers a unique ambiance. It is special as much money and good taste was put into creating the sense of being in a jungle - not what you would expect in the middle of Delray. Going there is always a special treat and at the moment, they have a wonderful fixed price dinner, 3 courses, for $35 every night but Saturday.Special Features: